AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 10:21   Link #61
SirJeannot
AT Field

well, the sight is quite usefull in forests (where i play 90% of the time), since some branches can easily by taken for players at a certain distance.

yup, upgrades would be usefull to us too, but the fact is that we simply forbid upgrades. and we have a limit at 350fps (especially for the classic army aegs )
Old 2004-04-13, 11:03   Link #62
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
what goggle does this?
i pegged away at a spare vforce shield with a paintball gun without seeing any wear
of course....the lens was replaced as even ONE shot to the lens should warrant a replacement
I shouldn't have said 'blow your lens apart' but at the time, whether the lens was a bit loose to begin with or not, the lens popped off my mask from the force of the shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
and why would you be shot in the armpit?
=p
it seems like one of the most unlikely places to get hit in
unless you are surrendering and some ass with poor fire discipline pops a shot at you
Not quite... while playing in a heavily wooded area I turned and waved for my partner to advance, at that time a sniper took a shot at me. Dumb luck, but it hit me right in the armpit while I was waving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Zero
Getting hit with a paintball no matter where it hits you is not going to throw you off your feet. Theres not enough force there.
That's subjective. I'm a small person, I seriously dream of the day when I'll weight more than 150lbs. I'm actually on a diet to try and gain weight but it's not working that well, last week I lost 2lbs but that's beside the point. A point blank shot, not an inch or two away but pressed against my mask, at 350 fps is more than enough to knock me off my feet.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 12:43   Link #63
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
lol, you must have really bad balance

considering that the paintball collision is an inelastic collision, which it isnt, since some energy is dissipated as paint splatter and all the energy is transferred to your body, there cant be more than 5 or so joules imparted on you, most likely less, since 5 is scraping the velocity limits of what is considered a firearm
also, considering the average human punch ranges from 100-150 joules, you would be sent into lower orbit if someone DID punch you
=p
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 13:11   Link #64
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I can take body shots fine enough, but anything to the head and I'm going down. Even a playful jab to the shoulder is enough to make me adjust my balance. >.>

/me blames it on taking 10 too many shots to the head.

This is why I prefer to play as a sniper.
Even if a paintball does hit me it's going to slow to matter at those distances.

Oh, when someone does actually punch me... I go down, but I have far to much pride to stay down. =P

"I get knocked down but I get up again! You're never gon'na keep me down!" - some band I can't remember the name of

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-04-14 at 10:08.
Old 2004-04-13, 17:15   Link #65
MwyC

hahahahaa
correct me if im wrong but isnt that song about a guy drinking away his troubles?

ahh yeah i see what you mean about the headshots
its also easier to tip a person if you apply force further up
torque =p
Old 2004-04-14, 10:25   Link #66
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

It most certainly is, but more accurately it's about a guy Pissin’ the night away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You’re never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You’re never gonna keep me down

Pissin’ the night away
Pissin’ the night away

He drinks a whisky drink, he drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink, he drinks a cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the better times
What a lovely main verse.

Anyway, with the head being one's center of balance it is definitely easier to tip someone the closer force is applied to it. Subsequently, less force is required too (it's possible to hold a person down using only one finger to the forehead).
Old 2004-04-15, 04:57   Link #67
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
woot going to play on saterday. can't wait to get back out there, have'nt played for about 2 months now.
Raven_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 10:46   Link #68
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Have fun!

It's been about a month since I went paintballing now. Unfortunately I've been too busy and my schedual is only getting busier. >.>
Old 2004-04-15, 17:33   Link #69
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
Mr Paper: Nice guns. At the moment, I own an Armotech Zeus G2 pistol hooked up to a 4oz tank. Not much ammo capacity, but forces you to conserve [yes, I play outside].
I used to have a CSC VSC Phantom that I miss...

BTW, whoever said you go through $20 worth of paint in a day: Maybe.
I went through about $7 worth of Nelson Anarchy [good paint] with my pump in a day...
Then again, most people I know go through a case in a day [$60 for the good stuff].
A few Saturdays three of us shared a box of EVIL ($60.00). This got us through the whole day. Yes we were conserving. Some people can blow a whole case in two games. All three of us have A-5's. If you don't learn to conserve, you can easily blow $60.00 or $120.00 a day on paint alone. We still got pleanty of people out.

The best way to teach yourself to conserve is to go on the field with no pods. If you have only one hopper to work with over two games you'll teach yourself to conserve in short order. Likewise learn effective ranges (50% chance of a ball break on target) and don't shoot outside it. By the time you spray a target with 5 balls, he's either going to be out or behind a bunker so don't bother firing any more. If you've got to do supressive fire, keep it down to shot every few seconds; that should be all you need to keep their heads down.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 17:37   Link #70
MwyC

i found when i played paintball, tipping the thing upside down so the hopper wont feed and firing off a few shots was fairly effective at giving "cover fire"
but it only works if you tip if over every now and then and put some paint downrange
Old 2004-04-17, 08:20   Link #71
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
Well getting ready to leave, did'nt sleep last night, i'm sick been puking all night long but i'm still going. Lets hope i can hold my food. would hate to have to clean it out of my mask.
Raven_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 02:20   Link #72
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Yay I found it paintball thread!

Well guys, I am gonna play paint ball this coming Saturday but I've been told that at this particular place it'll cost me about 100 bucks for the rental of a gun, gas, paintball and mask so I am thinking I might as well get a starter's package.

Obviously I'm a total noob at this so I'm wondering if you guys can recommend a good package for under 100 bucks for me. I live at Orange County California, so if there is a good shop I can visit place let me know, too.

Thanks!
Old 2008-11-24, 10:24   Link #73
Luminisk

...resurrecting 4 year old threads I see.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 16:02   Link #74
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

Paintballing is a very good experience, I have participated three times and everytime it was fun, though there was restrictions that made it slightly annoying. being hit in the wrong place is killer. I am pretty good at it, I remmember the first time when all our team just did a random gang up on one guy from our team in the last dying seconds, afterwards I felt sorry for him.
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 17:50   Link #75
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Haha, I remember when i could easily blow 2k on gear for paintball. GOOD TIMES MAN
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 10:07   Link #76
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i hate that they dont offer neck protection, them bullets always hit my neck = =, causing me to bleed. other then that its fun i recommend people to try it at least once.

btw : advice- SUPRESSING FIRE IS YOUR FRIEND.
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 15:04   Link #77
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i hate that they dont offer neck protection, them bullets always hit my neck = =, causing me to bleed. other then that its fun i recommend people to try it at least once.

btw : advice- SUPRESSING FIRE IS YOUR FRIEND.
They have neck-guards. GO SHIRTLESS, YOU'LL LOVE IT
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote