Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 23:22   Link #5981
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
No one would/should rely on FAITH insignia.
Nobody should, but it sure helps during certain situations. When those situations come, they would do it to a degree (for better or worse).
Old 2013-03-08, 23:32   Link #5982
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Nobody should, but it sure helps during certain situations. When those situations come, they would do it to a degree (for better or worse).
Yeah, we'll just have to add this to the list of things we disagree on.

3 weeks can't go by soon enough for me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 23:36   Link #5983
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
You can see kaito-kid’s post above.

Live streaming: 29 March 2013

TV air:
[BS11] 7 April 2013
[Tokyo MX] 9 April 2013
Sorry I didn't see his post fully loaded. Damn mobile phone....
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 04:13   Link #5984
Skye629

Quote:
No one would/should rely on FAITH insignia.
Only an idiot would, the risk of running enemy colors/stuff is also a recipe to get yourself shot down by your allies XD

Im quite sure that if a suit was stolen the databases would be updated to avoid any confusion

You guys are missing on another FAITH member, Heine, his case is a better example of where numbers and markings come into better play (he piloted a standard ZAKU and GOUF unit)

In the cases of standard issue unites though numbers and insignias are important, thats how you tell which unit is your mech in the hangar and whether you are in the wrong hangar or not (squadron insignias)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 05:09   Link #5985
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
In the cases of standard issue unites though numbers and insignias are important, thats how you tell which unit is your mech in the hangar and whether you are in the wrong hangar or not (squadron insignias)
Yeah, even Shiho’s Blaze Zaku Phantom has her private insignia on its shoulder and “Team Jule” marking on its shield to differentiate it from the outside.
Old 2013-03-09, 08:13   Link #5986
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Only an idiot would, the risk of running enemy colors/stuff is also a recipe to get yourself shot down by your allies XD
Obviously your allies would have other means of identifying you.
Quote:
Im quite sure that if a suit was stolen the databases would be updated to avoid any confusion
Yes, a database would be a better way than some painted insignia.
Quote:
You guys are missing on another FAITH member, Heine, his case is a better example of where numbers and markings come into better play (he piloted a standard ZAKU and GOUF unit)
Right, without the need of some FAITH insignia.
Quote:
Well, that's a useful feature, but not applicable to a FAITH insignia, and certainly not applicable to a unique mobile suit like the Destiny.
Old 2013-03-09, 08:36   Link #5987
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, that's a useful feature, but not applicable to a FAITH insignia, and certainly not applicable to a unique mobile suit like the Destiny.
If you can slap “Team Joule” marking and other personal insignia on your standard MS, why can’t you do the same with FAITH sign on similar MS?
Old 2013-03-09, 14:22   Link #5988
monster

Quote:
If you can slap “Team Joule” marking and other personal insignia on your standard MS, why can’t you do the same with FAITH sign on similar MS?
I don't know. It's never a matter of can or can't for me.
Old 2013-03-09, 14:56   Link #5989
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't know. It's never a matter of can or can't for me.
Then if it is applicable for other markings, the same thing should also applicable to FAITH sign on standard MSs like Skye629 said.
Old 2013-03-09, 15:01   Link #5990
monster

Quote:
Then if it is applicable for other markings, the same thing should also applicable to FAITH sign on standard MSs like Skye629 said.
Skye629's reasoning wasn't applicable, not that you can't slap FAITH insignias on mobile suits. FAITH insignias are not meant to "tell which unit is your mech in the hangar and whether you are in the wrong hangar or not (squadron insignias)."
Old 2013-03-09, 15:10   Link #5991
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Skye629's reasoning wasn't applicable, not that you can't slap FAITH insignias on mobile suits. FAITH insignias are not meant to "tell which unit is your mech in the hangar and whether you are in the wrong hangar or not (squadron insignias)."
Insignias on MSs are meant to differentiate them from others, especially if they’re using standard MSs. The same thing can also be said about FAITH insignia. I think that’s the main point of Skye’s post, and your argument so far is basically just “no, FAITH insignia doesn’t do that”. Mind sharing more details on what FAITH sign meant to you?
Old 2013-03-09, 15:13   Link #5992
monster

Quote:
Insignias on MSs are meant to differentiate them from others, especially if they’re using standard MSs. The same thing can also be said about FAITH insignia. I think that’s the main point of Skye’s post, and your argument so far is basically just “no, FAITH insignia doesn’t do that”.
Say you have two Gouf Igniteds, each with a FAITH insignia. It's very easy to see that the FAITH insignias do not tell them apart from each other because, unlike numbers, there is only one FAITH symbol.
Old 2013-03-09, 15:20   Link #5993
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Say you have two Gouf Igniteds, each with a FAITH insignia. It's very easy to see that the FAITH insignias do not tell them apart from each other because, unlike numbers, there is only one FAITH symbol.
So? It can still differentiate them from other Goufs of the lower rank soldiers. It’s not useless or inapplicable.

By the same token, there can also be two Zakus with horns in one hangar. Doesn’t mean the horns are useless or inapplicable since horns are used as signs of the captains of the squads to differentiate it with others. If it’s inapplicable like you said, the anime will not use those horns. Oh, and those Zakus also use the same kind of horns just like there's only one FAITH symbol.
Old 2013-03-09, 15:29   Link #5994
monster

Quote:
So? It can still differentiate them from other Goufs of the lower rank soldiers. It’s not useless or inapplicable.
That is such a useless distinction. The fact that they don't need to use number markings to differentiate between the different Goufs shows that they don't have difficulty in telling them apart in the hangar.
Quote:
By the same token, there can also be two Zakus with horns in one hangar. Doesn’t mean the horns are useless or inapplicable since horns are used as signs of the captains of the squads to differentiate it with others. If it’s inapplicable like you said, the anime will not use those horns.
The anime uses them to differentiate the models.
Old 2013-03-09, 15:43   Link #5995
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That is such a useless distinction. The fact that they don't need to use number markings to differentiate between the different Goufs shows that they don't have difficulty in telling them apart in the hangar.
It is useful when they need to know which ones belong to FAITH members and which ones are the lower ranked soldiers' just by glance.

Quote:
The anime uses them to differentiate the models.
Just like my previous post before this, when I said Zaku, I meant UC’s Zaku. Not Blaze Zaku nor Zaku Warrior nor Slash Zaku in Destiny. I only mentioned it as an example.
Old 2013-03-09, 15:49   Link #5996
monster

Quote:
It is useful when they need to know which ones belong to FAITH members and which ones are the lower ranked soldiers' just by glance.
I don't see a situation where they would need to know that, especially when they would already know who the pilots are.
Quote:
Just like my previous post before this, when I said Zaku, I meant UC’s Zaku. Not Blaze Zaku nor Zaku Warrior nor Slash Zaku in Destiny. I only mentioned it as an example.
It's the same thing in UC: MS-06F Zaku II is one model while MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type is another model.
Old 2013-03-09, 16:02   Link #5997
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't see a situation where they would need to know that, especially when they would already know who the pilots are.
Not necessarily in-story, but if some other commanders come to visit, say, for some inspection just to see around, it would be useful. And also can be useful for the new mechanics who's just arrive and received order to repair FAITH's MS immediately.

Quote:
It's the same thing in UC: MS-06F Zaku II is one model while MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type is another model.
I don’t think so. For example: MS-06R-1A Zaku II Shin Matsunaga has a horn since he’s the commander/captain, while at the same time, MS-06R-1A Zaku II Black Tris-Star standard doesn’t have it. They’re the same models. The same can also be said about other Zeon MSs. So, the horns don’t necessarily (or always) signify different model. UC use them more for captain-ranked pilots or so.
Old 2013-03-09, 16:09   Link #5998
monster

Quote:
Not necessarily in-story, but if some other commanders come to visit, say, for some inspection just to see around, it would be useful. And also can be useful for the new mechanics who's just arrive and received order to repair FAITH's MS immediately.
There will be people to tell them. Come on, you're coming up with silly situations here.
Quote:
I don’t think so. For example: MS-06R-1A Zaku II Shin Matsunaga has a horn since he’s the commander/captain, while at the same time, MS-06R-1A Zaku II Black Tris-Star standard doesn’t have it. They’re the same models. The same can also be said about other Zeon MSs.
To be more clear, by models, I meant models for Gunpla.
Old 2013-03-09, 16:21   Link #5999
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
There will be people to tell them. Come on, you're coming up with silly situations here.
Not necessarily silly. During battles, when mechanics should work the fast they can, any distinguished feature on the outside of MS will help them. Once again, I never said that the Insignia is the only way, I said it will help even if it’s just a little to make things work faster without other people telling them.

Quote:
To be more clear, by models, I meant models for Gunpla.
There’s too much patterns in the anime, manga and other materials about those horns being a thing for commanders/captains to just brush it off as a “merchandise excuse”.

Ok, that's it from me (for now). I need to do some work. See you again later.
Old 2013-03-09, 16:30   Link #6000
monster

Quote:
Not necessarily silly. During battles, when mechanics should work the fast they can, any distinguished feature on the outside of MS will help them. Once again, I never said that the Insignia is the only way, I said it will help even if it’s just a little to make things work faster without other people telling them.
When mechanics work on a mobile suit, they would know if the pilot is of FAITH if they need to know. Otherwise, it's just like any other mobile suit.
Quote:
There’s too much patterns in the anime, manga and other materials about those horns being a thing for commanders/captains to just brush it off as a “merchandise excuse”.
Yeah, but they make a good excuse. Those HORNS, kids must eat them up.
Quote:
Ok, that's it from me (for now). I need to do some work. See you again later.
Yeah, go earn that money and buy some (more?) Gundam merchandise.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep