AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 17:25   Link #5301
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Well the question is what tier would you want to see it at? cuz the german already have 3 mediums at tier 6. if u want to keep at 7, then i think WG needs to give it better rof and armor like brit tanks or slope armor like ussr tanks or give it a huge gun like the leo I.... with brit pen ability.

maybe then ppl will stop saying germans are the underdog half of the time. well i think i should log in to get some free xp, i'm gettin pissed off that i can't complete any assignments on BF 3 right now, but i'm having more fun than I was in WoT.
Old 2013-04-18, 18:31   Link #5302
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Mastery Badge First Class? Does that mean I almost know how to play this now or that 95% of people suck with the M2 Medium?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 18:38   Link #5303
Gravitas Free Zone

Random LOL moment: A T20 gets shot and catches fire on Live Oaks. It immediately rolls into the water at the side of the map and... keeps burning.

You'd think the water would put out the fire.

Eh, I finished it off underwater anyway.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 19:42   Link #5304
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Last tank alive, opponent is a higher tier, in heavy cover, and has already killed 8 of my teammates single-handedly. I decided to try my luck anyway but it went about as expected and I immediately started thinking I should have just tried to avoid him for 5 minutes while the timer ticked down.
try to kill him somehow, as you might read from the loading screen, a draw count as a loss. so if you can't kill him, don't deny the other the win he deserve, it unsportsmanlike and the only thing it does is cause others (him and his teammate) frustration if they are on a loss streak.

not that I'm telling you to give your life to him, but try your best to kill him.

Quote:
Images

Mastery Badge First Class? Does that mean I almost know how to play this now or that 95% of people suck with the M2 Medium?
the latter.
Old 2013-04-18, 19:51   Link #5305
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
try to kill him somehow, as you might read from the loading screen, a draw count as a loss. so if you can't kill him, don't deny the other the win he deserve, it unsportsmanlike and the only thing it does is cause others (him and his teammate) frustration if they are on a loss streak.

not that I'm telling you to give your life to him, but try your best to kill him.
That was basically the answer I was looking for, didn't know if a draw was worth anything more than a loss. Glad to hear it too as an extended game of just running away isn't something I'd want to do.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 19:54   Link #5306
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Last night/this morning's session finally brought me back from the winrate dovetail I suffered during the anniversary weekend + my total ineptitude at the Super Pershing.

Apparently while Myssa/Teru was having one of her worse days. lol.

This coming weekend: M4 gold spam! Who needs teammates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post

That's an interesting perspective. Didn't think of it before.

But then I was never in a situation where that was even a dilemma. If I was the last one alive, I was usually fighting for my life or trying to cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing
It means maybe I need to buy it and the Cunningham back sometimes to get my Mastery Badge and fix the nasty winrate on the poor things.

But yeah congrats and try for the gold mastery! It shouldn't be too hard at that level and with that tank, unlike certain OP tanks like the M4 (took me forever to get the Big M) or the KV-1.

I remembered ragequitting and sold the M2 a long time ago because it was worse than the tier 3 American light in just about every way though.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 20:21   Link #5307
LeoXiao
思想工作

Everyone, there is going to be a good chance to do Champion TCs (that means tier 8 tanks and tier 6 arty) tomorrow from 3 to 6PM PST. There are going to be a lot of teams out there who want nothing more than to win gold, so they'll most likely to be playing like noobs. This is a good chance for MUP and affiliated tankists to get out there and kick ass.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:33   Link #5308
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Everyone, there is going to be a good chance to do Champion TCs (that means tier 8 tanks and tier 6 arty) tomorrow from 3 to 6PM PST. There are going to be a lot of teams out there who want nothing more than to win gold, so they'll most likely to be playing like noobs. This is a good chance for MUP and affiliated tankists to get out there and kick ass.
Yeah, it could be a nice chance to win free gold. I could bring my S-51 or IS-3 from my main acc just to fill a spot (if my clan doesn't want me first)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:53   Link #5309
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Was just playing my StuGIII and I literally had the best time in my World of Tanks life in this match.

http://mwreplays.com/replay/YM2X9SQYAW25/

After discovering that I could do that with a StuGIII. My friend and I tried to fit two tank destroyers in their this time.

Our reactions in voice call was just one laughter after another.
Old 2013-04-18, 23:59   Link #5310
Pen3

Tonight Platoon was pretty good as we won the last 3 games with Ute and Tak.

Images

And who said you can't snipe with the BL-9 lol

Tiger P tearing up some Tier 8s

Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:01   Link #5311
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Tonight Platoon was pretty good as we won the last 3 games with Ute and Tak.

Images
is this some kinda humiliation to those 2

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:17   Link #5312
Pen3

I told them to use 1 VKDB at a time since they kinda suck.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-19 at 00:18. Reason: The tank not the Player!
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:46   Link #5313
Gravitas Free Zone

On the bright side, I should now have enough XP on the 3002 that I will be able to immediately unlock the Indienpanzer.

It's funny how I grew to like the T20 while grinding through it, but the entire process of getting through the DB has felt like doing really annoying homework for an entire month.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 01:04   Link #5314
LeoXiao
思想工作

Apparently the VK DB is getting nerfed. The hp is being decreased, the engine hp decreased to 720, and the Schmalturm traverse is going down from 32 to 24.
Old 2013-04-19, 01:05   Link #5315
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Images

yeah you getting close RW.

anyways like i said before I will not be platooning until Monday. so don't bother and waste your time tryin to invite me, unless your Q or Mow_Mow or ES. cuz i'll just ignore you completely.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-04-19 at 01:40.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 02:00   Link #5316
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Apparently the VK DB is getting nerfed. The hp is being decreased, the engine hp decreased to 720, and the Schmalturm traverse is going down from 32 to 24.
It's not getting nerfed, it's getting rebalanced. It's getting a slew of buffs along with those nerfs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full List of VK 30.02 (D) balance changes
VK 30.02 (D)

Changed the suspension traverse mechanism of the VK 30.02 (D)
Changed the suspension traverse speed of the VK 30.02 (D) from 36 to 38
Changed the verstärkteketten suspension traverse mechanism of the VK 30.02 (D)
Changed the verstärkteketten suspension traverse speed of the VK 30.02 (D) from 40 to 42
Changed the MB 507 engine horse power from 750 to 720
Added the Maybach HL 230 TRM P30 engine
Fixed the VK 30.02 (D) Schmalturm and VK 30.02 (D) turrets armoring errors
Slightly rebalanced all of the guns
Raised the elevation and declination angles
Changed the VK 30.02 (D) Schmalturm turret view range from 370 to 380 m
Changed the VK 30.02 (D) turret view range from from 350 to 370 m
Changed the VK 30.02 (D) Schmalturm turret traverse speed from 30 grad/sec to 24 grad/second
Changed the VK 30.02 (D) turret traverse speed from 46 grad/sec to 32 grad/second
Changed the VK 30.02 (D) HP from 1,180 to 1,150
So basically while the 3002 has become more maneuverable now, its ability to engage in close combat has been nerfed. Basically, its playstyle should be similar to the Hellcat now

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 02:05   Link #5317
LeoXiao
思想工作

"similar to the hellcat"? At least the hellcat gets a gun worth a damn.

I may decide to just free xp the rest of the way to the iPanzer if I can't research it by 8.5.
Old 2013-04-19, 02:08   Link #5318
Sumeragi
Banned

No, the VK 30.02 (D) is now most like the T-25. Good acceleration and depression vs slow turret traverse.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 03:13   Link #5319
Blaat

The VK 30.02 D will get a DPM increase, the rof of the 7,5 cm KwK 42 L/70 will be increased to 15 R/M. So that will definitely be the preferred gun after the patch.

Still I wish they buffed the 8,8 cm KwK 36 L/56 instead. At least giving a new variation of the gun with a penetration and accuracy buff that way it would not have affected the VK36.01(H). This is similar to the 122mm variations you see in the IS line.
Quote:
I may decide to just free xp the rest of the way to the iPanzer if I can't research it by 8.5.
I'd suggest you safe at least 14k (tracks) maybe even 18k (gun) for the iPanzer. It looks like the iPanzer will have the weakest stock gun for its tier in game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Really hope they don't because I just bought it =I

I don't think the 3002DB would be so bad if it where in a lower tier but it just doesn't fit tier VII as is, and since it costs twice as much exp to research than the panther theres little reason to research it (well before the new german additions anyway).
The 30.02 doesn't cost twice as much as the Panther or Tiger, they all have the same research point price except currently you can research the Panther and Tiger via the 30.02 which makes the research price twice as cheaper than normal. There is a similar situation in the Russian tree with the KV-13.

Apparently they're going to rename the Jackson to the Slugger, any particular reason for this?

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-04-19 at 03:23.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 03:35   Link #5320
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Still I wish they buffed the 8,8 cm KwK 36 L/56 instead. At least giving a new variation of the gun with a penetration and accuracy buff that way it would not have affected the VK36.01(H). This is similar to the 122mm variations you see in the IS line.
There is historical basis for the 122 mm variations. There is no basis for something similar with the 8,8 cm KwK 36 L/56.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Apparently they're going to rename the Jackson to the Slugger, any particular reason for this?
They're not. Jackson was the official name of the M36.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks