Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-04-01, 08:43   Link #861
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Windermere basically screwed their own major export by using their apples as a part of their attempt to poison other civilizations. I don't care how good their apples tasted, after the reveal of the link of Var with these apples, people are going to ban these things like they would mad cow beef.
Have to agree with that. After everything that happened. People are probably going to be afraid of Windermere apples. And also maybe afraid of the water as well.. if it gets enough publicity.

I think they had no choice because without using the apples.. they are too outnumbered by NUNS forces.
Old 2017-04-05, 03:05   Link #862
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

I still think the Windermereans got away with too much.
Old 2017-04-05, 05:23   Link #863
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
We can probably imagine the aftermath ourselves. After all, at this point, Winderemere is at the mercy of the NUNs and its allies.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2017-04-09, 14:41   Link #864
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
We can probably imagine the aftermath ourselves. After all, at this point, Winderemere is at the mercy of the NUNs and its allies.

- Tak
The way things are going, I think the studio is going to retcon most of the plot. Remember how the Macross anime are all in-universe shows?

Clearly, things would have gone to hell if the story progressed pass Delta as it stands. But it would be easy to simply say the story was dramatised, that NUNs had invaded and put down the government with ease, and that the people of Windermere are now being supervised with the cooperation of nearby planets.

I just don't see how the Delta ending could possibly be usable in its current form for the franchise.
Old 2017-04-22, 01:17   Link #865
charles883

After 1 year, I still stand that NUNS are very unjustified to use MDE bomb on Windermere. It could led to opening of Pandora Box which that they will use MDE on any slightest descent.

Its like that video says
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b379aN45VEE

Another example on using death star on peaceful planet due to one of the Rebel leader stay there.
Old 2017-04-23, 16:31   Link #866
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Would've preferred to see more of XAOS' forces outside of the Ragna branch.
Old 2017-04-24, 13:21   Link #867
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

I honestly don't think the creators understand how bad Wind came off. Idk what reactions/feedback they got, but I can honestly believe K-mo and co would give these war criminals a pass. Especially after seeing how some tried to spin and reach to justify all the inhumane shit they did.
Old 2017-04-24, 16:28   Link #868
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
I honestly don't think the creators understand how bad Wind came off. Idk what reactions/feedback they got, but I can honestly believe K-mo and co would give these war criminals a pass. Especially after seeing how some tried to spin and reach to justify all the inhumane shit they did.

But noooo, don't you seeeee, mind-control and enslavement of the entire galaxy are totally okay, because boo-hoo they dropped a bomb on our planet and violated our skiiiiiieeeees!
Old 2017-04-24, 16:56   Link #869
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I thought the reason it was ok was that they're pretty. Some of them, at least.
Old 2017-04-26, 06:15   Link #870
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
After 1 year, I still stand that NUNS are very unjustified to use MDE bomb on Windermere. It could led to opening of Pandora Box which that they will use MDE on any slightest descent.
They did it to stop Windermere from trying to mind control the known galaxy.

Windermere then tried to prove NUNS right by using said weapon to mind control the known galaxy.

Your argument is literally meaningless. NUNS could have literally committed genocide on Windermere and it would STILL not be enough to justify mind controlling the whole galaxy.

Hell, NUNS could have tried to blow up their home planet, but THAT still wouldn't justify a galactic mind control weapon.

Your mistake is thinking there is ANY justification for starting a galactic conquest. That somehow if you make NUNS look bad, it makes it okay. It doesn't work like that.

Quote:
Another example on using death star on peaceful planet due to one of the Rebel leader stay there.
Interesting that Winderemere used the equivalent of a death star weapon, the mind control device, on FOUR peaceful planets, without any NUNS leaders staying in any of them.
Old 2017-04-26, 18:11   Link #871
charles883

Because NUNS the one use MDE bomb in the first place and Illegally no less and use it on capital full of innocent people. Also many macross series and other sci-fi series, heroes manage able to defeat enemy without USING MDE by using sheer brilliant strategy like Frontier,Delta and Frontier movie finale and Space Battleship Yamato and many other Gundam series. Hell in IBO, despite main villain use illegal weapon, HE NEVER USE IT ON Civilian center. Also when they bomb Windermere capital, those ship are in complete disrepair and not functional. Only after independence war, that Windermere repair those ship back. In fact before war, they treated as shrine and no intention on using as weapon. Finale in Frontier, Frontier movie, yamato and Delta finale further show NUNS are very unjustified to use MDE bomb.

Like I says , those corrupt NUNS the one at fault as they the one open Pandora box and more than willing commit genocide without shred of conscience.
Old 2017-04-26, 18:55   Link #872
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Because NUNS the one use MDE bomb in the first place and Illegally no less and use it on capital full of innocent people.
Illegal, yes.

AND?

Does that give Windermere the justification for mind controlling four innocent planets who have nothing to do with it? And then tried to mind control the whole galaxy?

You have not explained why A= B. Yes, Windermere were angry, but what do that have to do with Windermere's criminal actions with people who did nothing wrong to them?

If I am angry at someone, should I have the right to hurt a completely unrelated person?

You STILL failed to explain why there is any grounds for galactic conquest by mind control.
Old 2017-04-26, 22:51   Link #873
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'm closing the thread because we don't need a repeat of an earlier discussion that not only didn't reach a satisfactory conclusion, but also got rather heated as well.
Closed Thread