Notices

Old 2008-02-15, 12:07   Link #121
KrimzonStriker

How's the dude for Todou's voice? Don't think I've ever heard of him
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 16:57   Link #122
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

You've never heard Steven Jay Blum? Really? The guy is one of the best known english dub actors out there.

Some of his roles are as Spike Spiegal from Cowboy Bebop, Kazuma from s-CRY-ed, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, and that is just naming three.

Here's a complete list of all his work: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=4832
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 18:04   Link #123
KrimzonStriker

.................................................. .................................... Wait, how the heck does this work for him? All the characters you just mentioned were really reckless and laid-back, Todou's like the epiphany of self-control and restraint! They'd get that more with the guy who played Vicious! BTW I liked the guy who did Vicious's voice dub, wonder when he'll do another one
Old 2008-02-15, 18:12   Link #124
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Steven has done a few roles that are similar to Toudou in some respects. I think he can pull it off, though I hope he doesn't use that gruff voice he uses sometimes.
Old 2008-02-15, 18:14   Link #125
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
.................................................. .................................... Wait, how the heck does this work for him? All the characters you just mentioned were really reckless and laid-back, Todou's like the epiphany of self-control and restraint! They'd get that more with the guy who played Vicious! BTW I liked the guy who did Vicious's voice dub, wonder when he'll do another one
He plays Might Gai in Naruto.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 19:38   Link #126
KrimzonStriker

I maintain a strict policy of not watching the dubbed version of Naruto ever since he got a catch phrase...
Old 2008-02-18, 00:19   Link #127
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Umm... some suggested that Daniel Southworth should be the VA of Suzaku instead of Yuri Lowenthal. If that will happen, Dan will use his Vergil voice.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 00:25   Link #128
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, nothing is going to be done about that now so I guess it doesn't matter. Daniel would have been good as a number of characters in this I think, not just Suzaku.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:30   Link #129
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
I maintain a strict policy of not watching the dubbed version of Naruto ever since he got a catch phrase...
Well here is the Code geass's dub discussion, so i dono how that is relate to the topic of this thread, But

Naruto is one of the best done Dubs out there. I Actually like the voice actors for naruto. They fit the characters perfect.

And Naruto Does have a catch Phrase in Japanese. And that is dattebayo. So having one for the Dub isnt a bad idea. I Think it would be better to have one than not.

And As for code geass i didnt like the voice actors for Lulu and Suzaku. Especially i didnt like the one they gave Suzaku. it doesnt fit him at all. Well others i thought it was preaty close.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:53   Link #130
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
Umm... some suggested that Daniel Southworth should be the VA of Suzaku instead of Yuri Lowenthal. If that will happen, Dan will use his Vergil voice.
Nero vs Vergil?
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 10:10   Link #131
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
And As for code geass i didnt like the voice actors for Lulu and Suzaku. Especially i didnt like the one they gave Suzaku. it doesnt fit him at all. Well others i thought it was preaty close.
Are you speaking of the Japanese VAs or the English ones? I'd say it is wat too early to decide if the English voices are bad or not. We haven't even seen the first episode yet and even that is sometimes not the one to judge by.

I'd say both Johnny and Yuri can do a great job.
Old 2008-02-18, 12:57   Link #132
KrimzonStriker

Maybe it's not so much the VA that have me worried... it's the script. They could have come up with so many better translations than "Suzaku... this Britannia... will be obliterated!" Another reason why I stopped watching Naruto in dub was the amount of dialogue they rehashed, but that's neither here nor there
Old 2008-02-18, 13:16   Link #133
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Maybe it's not so much the VA that have me worried... it's the script. They could have come up with so many better translations than "Suzaku... this Britannia... will be obliterated!" Another reason why I stopped watching Naruto in dub was the amount of dialogue they rehashed, but that's neither here nor there
well the original line was some thing like "Suzaku I will crush Brittannia" I think the version that they used is prety close to it, and it sounds kind of better.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 16:20   Link #134
MonkeyDude

Chibi-Lulu's voice just made me laugh...laugh of the day right there xD

I'll be disappointed with the dub if they say "orange" instead of the orange-y I got accustomed to hearing. This is all I'm asking for...don't fail me dubs!

The voices sound tolerable, but it is only the trailer so there might be more improvements once the first episode airs on AS.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:52   Link #135
KrimzonStriker

Heck no, I like the whole, "Suzaku, I'm going to crush Britannia!!!" sounds much better to me, because it carries Lelouch's personal conviction instead of mere wishful thinking, which was what I got out of the English line. Lelouch doesn't wait for anything to happen people, he makes them happen! Just look at the middle of Episode 20.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:47   Link #136
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Nero vs Vergil?
Spoiler for OT:

If ya ask me, I'm not complaining about the dubs. Let's wait for the official release. For Johnny being Lelouch, I know some of u didn't like it, but look at his Nero voice in Devil May Cry 4.
Old 2008-02-18, 19:55   Link #137
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
Spoiler for OT:

If ya ask me, I'm not complaining about the dubs. Let's wait for the official release. For Johnny being Lelouch, I know some of u didn't like it, but look at his Nero voice in Devil May Cry 4.
Is there any video on youtube you can link to show me that voice, I still only have a ps1 so I can't doenload he demo.
Old 2008-02-18, 22:13   Link #138
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Is there any video on youtube you can link to show me that voice, I still only have a ps1 so I can't doenload he demo.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MVROyTHtyE4

Also, look at Nero's deep voice.
Old 2008-02-19, 05:10   Link #139
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Johnny is getting a lot of work lately; Ichigo, Nero, and now Lelouch. Sorta surprising how famous he is getting.

Anyway, this was all Taniguchi's choices; He wanted the Voices for Haseo to be Suzaku; Aka Yuri.

And the fact we see complete opposite people playing opposite of their character style is the same for Fukuyama and Whats his name-jap Haseo.

Yuri plays alot of angst characters/border evil at some point. While Johnny's lately played Hero's and good guys. Same story for the Jap VA's, the moment Fukuyama and whats his name entered the studio, they expected fuku to get Suzaku.

Taniguchi basically wants to make the characters more real-Good guy trying to be a Bad guy. Lelouch forcing himself to become Zero and emotionless. Suzaku is the same story, he's a bad guy attempting to be good. He killed his father but is justifying it and saying he's good.

Guys, just wait till the Episodes come out. I mean Chibi Lulu appears only twice in the anime so you don't have to suffer his horrible voice acting. Don't judge until you see a few episodes, I think Johnny's gonna do a good job considering Nero and Ichigo. Yuri was amazing with Haseo so I have hope in them :3

Except C.C.'s VA makes me cry since she doesn't sound anything like her D:

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 17:41   Link #140
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Johnny is getting a lot of work lately; Ichigo, Nero, and now Lelouch. Sorta surprising how famous he is getting.

Anyway, this was all Taniguchi's choices; He wanted the Voices for Haseo to be Suzaku; Aka Yuri.

And the fact we see complete opposite people playing opposite of their character style is the same for Fukuyama and Whats his name-jap Haseo.

Yuri plays alot of angst characters/border evil at some point. While Johnny's lately played Hero's and good guys. Same story for the Jap VA's, the moment Fukuyama and whats his name entered the studio, they expected fuku to get Suzaku.

Taniguchi basically wants to make the characters more real-Good guy trying to be a Bad guy. Lelouch forcing himself to become Zero and emotionless. Suzaku is the same story, he's a bad guy attempting to be good. He killed his father but is justifying it and saying he's good.

Guys, just wait till the Episodes come out. I mean Chibi Lulu appears only twice in the anime so you don't have to suffer his horrible voice acting. Don't judge until you see a few episodes, I think Johnny's gonna do a good job considering Nero and Ichigo. Yuri was amazing with Haseo so I have hope in them :3

Except C.C.'s VA makes me cry since she doesn't sound anything like her D:
Well I do have to admit that his Nero voice is awesome, though I really didn't like his Ichigo voice.

You didn't like C.C's voice, I though it was pretty good, it doesn't really sound like the Japanese voice, but I feel that it fits her character nicely.