AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-13, 18:41   Link #4341
Archon_Wing
Plotting....
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I tried my idea of Hydralisk teching against a Protoss Player, here are the results

(Note: I'm still new to this idea of teching, so I kinda got lucky at some points, and made some flaws at the other, so please don't be hard with the comments )

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/7...rg-metalopolis
You should send lings to to watchtowers, that rush damaged you a lot. Also, while the first attack was succesful for you, you kept trickling 4 hydras at a time which proved to lose its effectiveness. If you gather your troops together you could win sooner.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:48   Link #4342
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
- I'll say :

Scout 6-7 only against Zerg Player and if it's 2 players map .

Scout 7-9 against T and P and if it's 2 players map but it depends if your opponent already find you , he might still rush you .
Sooo

10 depot/scout
12 Rax
13 Two refineries
Orbital after Rax is done
Rax again
Factory
Engineering

Not sure on those build orders but I'm trying to weed in banshees into the mix with vikings as after the MMM as well as moving out more.

Quote:
You should send a batch of low grunts to "test the water" when you have 10 of a mix first tier units. First place you want to hit is their door step expension, then you move into their main if nothing is there. If they depot black the entrance, see if you can focus fire one of them, if not then just run away to keep your guys alive for now.
Yeah exploring is important.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:06   Link #4343
Sassarai
Army of One

My first replay, fun stuff.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays?f...ai&filter-map=
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:14   Link #4344
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
o.o.... I don't know what happened, but great job!

Probably should try to wall off to prevent the Zergling rush
Old 2010-09-13, 23:06   Link #4345
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
o.o.... I don't know what happened, but great job!

Probably should try to wall off to prevent the Zergling rush
Nah I'm good at surviving cheese. I even survive 2vs2 often when they double cheese me. I'll wall in when I start losing often or when my spider sense tingles.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 05:39   Link #4346
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
My mistake was going thors. I should've gone banshees backed up by vikings but at least now I know.

Speaking of which, when should you start expanding? My issue is that I keep turtling which makes me lose the economic fight. When should I start expanding or attacking to keep my opponent on his toes?
Stolen from Day9 daily #172, expand when you push. Skip to 26:50 if you're only interested in the expand part though I recommend to watch the whole thing. Even if the push fails and both of you lose pretty much everything that also means that your expansion is safe from harm.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 06:05   Link #4347
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

30 more minerals per mule.
60 more minerals per mule, if you were randomly dropping mules.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:53   Link #4348
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Bloody DT's How I love thee

Had a really interesting match today where I decided to combine DTs with warp prisms all of a sudden. The outcome was hilarious and I think part of the fault was that they didn't scout my phase prism in their base fast enough and combined with the muta harassment with my friend they just didn't have much resources to rebuild their forces with.

One thing though...I realise that my macro slips a lot during times when I go micro heavy hence I tend to bank so much minerals which would other wise be turned into buildings or units. Any advice on improving my APM? :x

http://www.mediafire.com/?pgsn59g4ds9y05d

enjoy

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 13:55   Link #4349
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Had a really interesting match today where I decided to combine DTs with warp prisms all of a sudden. The outcome was hilarious and I think part of the fault was that they didn't scout my phase prism in their base fast enough and combined with the muta harassment with my friend they just didn't have much resources to rebuild their forces with.

One thing though...I realise that my macro slips a lot during times when I go micro heavy hence I tend to bank so much minerals which would other wise be turned into buildings or units. Any advice on improving my APM? :x

enjoy
Do you hotkey your unit producing and upgrade structures? I tend to have the same problem, so I tend to load the production queue up for the selected buildings so I can focus on micro a bit longer.
You can also try the multitasking trainer custom map.

http://sc2.curse.com/downloads/sc2-m...g-trainer.aspx
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 14:10   Link #4350
Archon_Wing
Plotting....
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Deliberately trying to increase your apm will cause you to play worse. APM increases naturally with practice.

A good idea is to practice the same build over and over again. Once everything becomes so ingrained; you'll do certain moves automatically, and thus be much faster.

And actually, since I started using more hotkeys, my APM actually went down for a little. But that's only because I cut down on redundant inefficient actions that I had to do not using hotkeys. (It only takes 1 click to do something that took 5)
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 15:19   Link #4351
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:

enjoy
Oye those are annoying.

I'm still trying to incorporate the bloody engineering bay into my build to get proper defences against those as well as the starport for the raven. Even then you'd have to go on the defensive until you get those two critical units up.

I nearly defeated a protoss player but the second he brought out his DTs in his base I had to pull back cause my CC didn't had enough energy.
Old 2010-09-14, 15:44   Link #4352
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And actually, since I started using more hotkeys, my APM actually went down for a little. But that's only because I cut down on redundant inefficient actions that I had to do not using hotkeys. (It only takes 1 click to do something that took 5)
Yeah 1 click is certainly better then 5 in a massive way.
Old 2010-09-14, 17:38   Link #4353
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Man games like these make me feel good.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/8...elnaga-caverns

Guy starts raging at the end and tells me how I am lucky that I won. Funny.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:50   Link #4354
paladinenvec

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

i love how ppl get enraged themselves without telling them anything special, the end was gold " i had 2k minerals that i forgot to spend" lols

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2010-09-14 at 18:01.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:56   Link #4355
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
I recommend the UMS trainer. Here is the thread on TeamLiquid.

Quote:
The Concept

For those that don't know the original map, here's how it works:
On the bottom left side of the map is your starting position and right above that is a terran base. Your purpose is to create an army and destroy the enemy base. The terran will attack and/or drop you at several points in time depending on the difficulty setting. There is also a neutral unit at the island on the right side that you have to rescue and bring back to your base.

The tricky part is that in the top right side of the map you control a probe that is constantly being chased by a zergling. So you need to manage your base, defend the attacks and save the neutral unit, all while microing the probe to keep it from dying. This is a great way to practice not only your early game scouting but also your multitasking and hotkey usage.

There is also a mineral cap that you must not exceed or you loose the game, a set number of probes that you are allowed to loose and a time limit in which you have to complete the mission.
The last paragraph should be perfect for you.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 17:59   Link #4356
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

"I had 2k minerals that I forgot to spend" Well what are you gonna do when you run out of Vespene Gas?

"What you gonna do about it?"
"Cry?" Was that needed... People feel to overconfident these days, that they feel like they can smack-talk to anyone. But Kharma will just bite you where it hurts most, and in the end, you will be the one suffering.

"Fuck Ghosts" Well you did destroy a Ghost Academy, so what were you expecting? A ghost to say "oh hello, I'm not here to take out your shields, move along?" You saw it, so you had to expect ghosts...

Sorry... I just don't like people like him
Old 2010-09-14, 18:43   Link #4357
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Oh, but I love people like him. It's funny to watch them crash and burn after all the smack they talk.

On a unrelated note...

It's amazing how the tiniest upgrades will boost your armies power greatly. Just getting t regular infantry level 1 upgrades at e-bay offers an enormous advantage against toss armies.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 19:19   Link #4358
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Decided to try another game and was matched against a Gold Player though he was the favoured one.

I took a look around and noticed that the top ranking terran players use Reapers so I decided to copy the tactic and build order.

Feedback?

It was pretty funny my reaper damaged his economy pretty good. I just kept sending in reaper after reaper. He did the same thing but I think his decision to send them against my rax was wrong though my other units at the base would've stopped him anyhow.

Then eventually I focused on a MMM build and continued attacking but forgot to build an expo so that was bad on my part. I forgot about my SCV. By that time though he had a squadron of reapers ready but they were no match for my MMM.

The game was weird though, I kept seeming to lag. My mouse wasn't working properly with me but the other player said everything was fine on his end.

Quote:
"I had 2k minerals that I forgot to spend" Well what are you gonna do when you run out of Vespene Gas?

"What you gonna do about it?"
"Cry?" Was that needed... People feel to overconfident these days, that they feel like they can smack-talk to anyone. But Kharma will just bite you where it hurts most, and in the end, you will be the one suffering.

"Fuck Ghosts" Well you did destroy a Ghost Academy, so what were you expecting? A ghost to say "oh hello, I'm not here to take out your shields, move along?" You saw it, so you had to expect ghosts...

Don't worry about it, nobody here on this forum likes you either
Old 2010-09-14, 19:43   Link #4359
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Don't worry about it, nobody here on this forum likes you either
You will feel the wrath of melon bread for that.....
Old 2010-09-14, 19:48   Link #4360
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
You will feel the wrath of melon bread for that.....
Bring it on. You'd be surprised at what fire can do.

On a more serious note, after looking over my reaper war replay, has anyone had a situation where you and your opponent ended up using the same tactic? Or cheesing at the same time?

Tags
blizzard, rts, starcraft, windows