AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-15, 00:14   Link #121
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That's why she's best girl~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 02:47   Link #122
Rasty

^^ She is enjoying being humiliated by Erquil's, so you can call him her friend.

I like how he allows Karolina to call him Erquil-sama. Not Erquil, he himself adds the sama.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 04:06   Link #123
Mirable
ミラベル

^It's more like she has a hate sex relationship with Kuzu

I hope she won't turn to full masochist, i like the way she is...closet M XD
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 04:28   Link #124
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^^ She is enjoying being humiliated by Erquil's, so you can call him her friend.

I like how he allows Karolina to call him Erquil-sama. Not Erquil, he himself adds the sama.
Question: Why do you romanise it as Erquil when the author himself gives the romanisation Hercule in the prologue?
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 13:47   Link #125
Rasty

^ Yep, I guess Hercule is better, I just always read it as Erquil so I write it wrong even in english (and yeah, I know Hercule is read that way). Will try to use Hercule from now on.

^^ I don't think she will majorly change. Defintitelly not the hentai type M drolling and begging for it, outwardly she is always gonna pretend to hate it (even though no one is gonna believe it).
Old 2018-05-15, 13:54   Link #126
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The only flaw of this novel is how mercenaries so easily gathered

In a region, if you can find 1000 mercenaries, that's a miracle
And like they are not dumb enough to fight in 100% losing battle against one of the greatest empire in the world
Old 2018-05-15, 14:13   Link #127
Rasty

^ That really depends on the quality of said mercenaries (for example just slum hooligans with pointy sticks). Also, this is a border between two enemy nations so a place where mercenaries tend to amass and just recently there was a war, so many guys might have changed roles from soldiers to mercenaries (a thing even nowtimes happens) and it is likely that at least some of the 30k vs 30+k were mercenaries.

And considering they run away the moment they heard Hercule is going there, it is likely most of them did not even know who they were hired to fight. If you are tight on money you might go just for "Hiring mercenaries, good pay.", in the end, you can always run away.

Last edited by Rasty; 2018-05-15 at 15:52.
Old 2018-05-16, 03:54   Link #128
dragon1412

I'm with Erotora on this, mercenary is actually more uncommon than people thinks, and most mercenary group is kind of similar to wanderers, which they pretty much travel everywhere, so hiring mercenary might not be hard, but hiring a large number of them is actually not really feasible, most of the time, around 2 hundreds is already consider a large amount in a region

Even on border, the mercenary can't simply be big enough for them to be an actual forces, that why they aren't really recorded in our history, it is because it's very hard to gather the amount needed for mercenaries to actually be a force on battlefield
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-16, 04:15   Link #129
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yea, and the country won't let a large armed forces hanging around in their territory
Because large armed forces are dangerous duh
Consequently only small number of them readily present
Old 2018-05-16, 10:08   Link #130
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Yea, and the country won't let a large armed forces hanging around in their territory
Because large armed forces are dangerous duh
Consequently only small number of them readily present
I personally found it more of an issues of works, peaceful territory = less works, there is pretty much only guarding as works, which can be easily covered by 4-5 mans per job, and the people who actually need to hire mercenary is actually very niche, nobles pretty much have their own guards, and merchant generally don't hire mercenaries unless situation demand.

This is also the primary reason why old mercenaries band is like wanderers, since once a band got large enough, normal jobs can't no longer hold their upkeep, so they have to keep traveling to where there are jobs big enough to keep them. When a war break out, unless the war is continue for extremely long, the most you can hire is mercenaries around the region, those from outside probably wouldn't even bothered unless they have some special reason
Old 2018-05-16, 10:18   Link #131
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^When there are less work, they turn to banditry
Old 2018-05-16, 12:01   Link #132
dragon1412

Quote:
^When there are less work, they turn to banditry
but in that case, most of the time the band is breaking apart by the point they started turning banditry, since it mean that the jobs is no longer enough to sustain them
Old 2018-05-16, 16:01   Link #133
Rasty

Still, my argument of it being just a while after a big war ended stands.

Also, the kingdom is supposed to build a new army from scratch, which means many jobs and which might, in turn, bring many mercenaries and "mercenaries" there.

Also, big mercenary bands were nothing uncommon in middle age (well known white company is recorded to be composed of 3.5k cavalry and 2k infantry). Current ones are smaller mostly because current wars are fought with much smaller numbers, and most of the current ones are pretty new and thus still growing.
Old 2018-05-16, 21:25   Link #134
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
but in that case, most of the time the band is breaking apart by the point they started turning banditry, since it mean that the jobs is no longer enough to sustain them
Disbandment/reduction of Mercenary Bands is common
At peace times, they voluntarily disband the group or operating in smaller teams
Not few turned to banditry

Quote:

Also, the kingdom is supposed to build a new army from scratch, which means many jobs and which might, in turn, bring many mercenaries and "mercenaries" there.

Also, big mercenary bands were nothing uncommon in middle age (well known white company is recorded to be composed of 3.5k cavalry and 2k infantry). Current ones are smaller mostly because current wars are fought with much smaller numbers, and most of the current ones are pretty new and thus still growing.
Quote:
The numbers of men in the Company varied over the years. In 1361, it is recorded as having 3,500 cavalry and 2,000 infantry. At its lowest ebb in 1388, it had a mere 250 men.
Mercenary Bands can hire villagers like normal army to bolster their ranks but at peace time they stay small to reduce army upkeep

Famous ones like White Company knows the shit they are getting into so they won't join this kind of suicide mission
Old 2018-05-16, 23:57   Link #135
dragon1412

Quote:

No, if anything, i'd say the mercenary in our era is actually more thrived compare to the medieval time, in medieval, lack of communications and information mean that the jobs that can be accessed to them is actually limited, people call themselves mercenaries is many, but the one who truly keep at it and can call it profession are very rare, most of those last longer is from a big company, which again, raise their upkeep, and there is so much a region could provide to sustain a numbers of them. And you have to count that many of the times, the mercenary actually aren't all veteran, they do solicit villagers and farmer into joining them for just 1 battles to use as infantry. So the actual numbers is a lot more smaller than what people think they are.
Quote:
Disbandment/reduction of Mercenary Bands is common
At peace times, they voluntarily disband the group or operating in smaller teams
Not few turned to banditry

Mercenary Bands can hire villagers like normal army to bolster their ranks but at peace time they stay small to reduce army upkeep

Famous ones like White Company knows the shit they are getting into so they won't join this kind of suicide mission
Many mercenaries are originated from bandit. But once they split into smaller one and revert to banditry, the next time they gathered are mostly, if not always short on numbers. Again, this greatly reduced the numbers of mercenaries available

White company case is rather special, 14th century italy structure practically made peoples turn mercenaries, since their own cities literally fight each others, just travel to new city can easily earn new war, and because of the fight scale, the city can't bolster the troops fast enough and large enough, which made the cities a lot more tolerant towards mercenary and allow them to keep base. They are also in no lack of jobs as well
Old 2018-05-18, 01:16   Link #136
Mirable
ミラベル

Hercule is trying to make Luna and Carolina get along each other, that's good. I'm surprised that he treats Luna more gently than usual.

In the end, the reason why he do it cuz he want to has 3P with them...still kuzu as usual haha.
Old 2018-05-18, 07:10   Link #137
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Divide et impera

So deep!

This is how you do harem!

Btw, if you wanna read the ero parts, read it at Kakuyomu
Link in the front
Old 2018-05-21, 04:51   Link #138
Rasty

It's a pity there are no (at least that I know of) series, where the MC would not go the multicultural route, but purist one.
Actually, this series is closest to at least preferring central race over the other. I get that increasing population of one race and creating a majority of that race or at least crossbreeds take a long time and is rather complex, but considering there are hundreds of immortal MCs and some races that would be great for this (looking at all the Maou reincarnations and strong Deamons) I wish to see at least some (and no, nocturne MCs that do this don't count if there is no real plot).
Old 2018-05-21, 05:37   Link #139
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Even in Japan all MCs are politically correct lol
Old 2018-05-25, 23:14   Link #140
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
Divide et impera

So deep!

This is how you do harem!

Btw, if you wanna read the ero parts, read it at Kakuyomu
Link in the front
Finally, just read the original Asmodeu's ero parts, hilarious lol. It make me like Asmodeu even more XD what more, see little brat MC begging is kinda refresh.

Tags
choroi mc, elven clans, emperor mc, ikemen mc, romance