AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-08, 14:38   Link #861
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by arekwibowo View Post
Light novels have changed into total shit in recent years.

They’ve become an endless series of proxy stories, self inserted into by loser Otaku and NEETs. Light Novels, and their exploitation of the basest of urges, have become a well-oiled machine. Light Novels have changed. Generic Gary Stu heroes carry over powered Gary Stu weapons, wearing dark and edgy Gary Stu gear. The wish fulfillment inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Harem control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Light Novels changed. The age of bold characters and interesting plots has become the age of predictable self insert masturbation fantasy. All in the name of averting catastrophe from the the NEETS. And he who controls the LN market, controls the anime adaptation. Light Novels have changed. When the industry is under total control, shitty self insert stories… become routine. Light novels…. have changed.

Since the dawn of literature, when our ancestors first discovered the enlightened path with pen and paper, ink has been spilled in the name of everything, from Gary Stus, to harems, to simple masturbatory urges.

In the year 2012, after a millenia of written conflict, the destructive nature of the animu industry could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of shitty adaptations, and otaku fandom.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the industry. Instead, the apocalypse was just the prologue to another bloody chapter of animu history. For otakus had succeeded in destroying the world.

The rise of Gary Stus and Harem kings has been steady of the last decade. For we have lost much in the times of competent and deep characters due to Otakus and NEETS given a protagonist which they can fantasize living their lives. Unfortunately in the anime industry, these people are the ones who are buying everything, this is the prodominent market and thus creators and LN has shifted their focus to these type of stories just to stay afloat.
ı won't disagree to what you say. ever since ı read high school DXD ı started to hate this harem light novels. but light novel are not the same as novels. at best you can make 4 or 5 novel series but light novels go up 20 yo 30 vol. so they need to make development in each light novel. in the end adding a nwe girl to story become easiest solution
Old 2012-12-08, 14:54   Link #862
jaden510

Okay, well just read all the volumes, and I know this is set in a fantasy world, but I'm guessing Brune is France and Zhcted is the Holy Roman Empire. Well, at least loosely based on the countries. The first King of Brune 'King Charles' was probably about Charlemagne, and the whole Durandal thing was also a Franksish legend. On top of this Alsace is a real Frankish city which is still around today in fact, and coincidentally borders Germany, which during Medieval Times was Germany. Honestly, my hunch on the Holy Roman Empire is less backed up then my one on France. Honestly the only thing I have is that it borders France, Leitmeritz is a real city in Germany, and the all the names sound German. Anyways, Vorn (Tigre's last name) means front in German.
jaden510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 20:36   Link #863
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menthuss View Post
Fucking brilliant.

To the people who don't get it, he's parodying the opening to Metal Gear Solid 4 where the main character has a monologue about war and how it has become routine.
The paradoy is definitely great, but....not everyone is gonna get your message and call you a troll.

Still, we are in a forum made to read LIGHT novels, if you want discuss Shakespeare or other classic "high lit", find the correct forum to do so.

Reading light novels is a guilty pleasure for most of us anyway. I like to nit pick plots now and then, but I still understand it is not meant to be a great piece of Lit~
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 21:09   Link #864
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
@Insane, wasn't Cowboy Bepop an anime original? Since when did it become a LN?
sorry, forgot about that.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 06:57   Link #865
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
The paradoy is definitely great, but....not everyone is gonna get your message and call you a troll.

Still, we are in a forum made to read LIGHT novels, if you want discuss Shakespeare or other classic "high lit", find the correct forum to do so.

Reading light novels is a guilty pleasure for most of us anyway. I like to nit pick plots now and then, but I still understand it is not meant to be a great piece of Lit~
There are already many of those which starts monologue about wars so its not entirely new and it isn't just metal gear
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 08:00   Link #866
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I get the feeling that this will end the same as the folklore. For example Tigre will die at the same place and time as Ellen.
That will be a huuuuge disappointment to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Read the translations, pretty good story, however it was hurt by a few things.

The illustrations do not do service to the seriousness of the volumes and the fights, they seem out of place, since they concentrate mostly on fanservice portions. The designs, stressing the cuteness of the characters is also a disservice to the author. I think it would look better with pictures similar to the more realistic, gritty style, somewhat similar to the volume art for Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.

The fanservice portions of the story seem a bit tacked on, out of place again with the rest of the story, almost directed just for the target audence and crammed inbetween somehow, between the politics/warfare.
I started realizing about fan service after encountering DxD. The hell with the fanservice. It destroys my "action sequences".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
They attracted the readers through the illustration and once they read it they will be hooked on the story instead. It is just basic market strategy.
I have dropped various animes because they have nothing but this.

Quote:

LNs are my stress busters. So yeah, don't compare this with literature
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 21:30   Link #867
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
That will be a huuuuge disappointment to me

I started realizing about fan service after encountering DxD. The hell with the fanservice. It destroys my "action sequences".

I have dropped various animes because they have nothing but this.

LNs are my stress busters. So yeah, don't compare this with literature
Pictures and harems are always nice, but gotta mix it up with a little action, romance, and downright laughs/stupidity otherwise there's really no distinction from simple fan service
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 21:48   Link #868
Insane
Banned

Meh, large amount of fanservice/harem-ish setting is what made LNs very popular among japanese readers in the first place. From what i know though, 70% of published LNs in Japan are basically of harem romcom genre with such formula. No need to complain about the amount of fanservice/harem-ish setting in the LN. It's as stupid as walking into Gundam forum and complaining about too many mecha battles in it.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 02:18   Link #869
Red_Zeal_Knight

Hehe yea damn Gundam series why is there so much robots everywhere
But most LNs are aiming teens range anyways to plots and characters can't really be that deep

Nothing wrong with enjoy turn off brain fun right?
Red_Zeal_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 08:05   Link #870
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Meh, large amount of fanservice/harem-ish setting is what made LNs very popular among japanese readers in the first place. From what i know though, 70% of published LNs in Japan are basically of harem romcom genre with such formula. No need to complain about the amount of fanservice/harem-ish setting in the LN. It's as stupid as walking into Gundam forum and complaining about too many mecha battles in it.
You are right there Insane
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 12:59   Link #871
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Talking about Gundam.

I think before people complained about harem series, they should look at how long Gundam series have stayed first. Not everyone like Gundam (I like some of them, not AGE and SEED though) and they'd be as annoyed to see Gundam series as well.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 13:07   Link #872
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I used to rage about Gundam until I realized it is meant to sell toys and appeal to 12-15 years olds. To rage about those kind of things make you an idiot if you are already older.

As for harem stories....maybe it is less to blame of the Japanese LN industry as to the choice of American translators?

I mean, it is not exactly anyone's fault my mouse cursor tend to zoom into the one with the pretty girl and not the pretty boy
Old 2012-12-10, 13:39   Link #873
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
I used to rage about Gundam until I realized it is meant to sell toys and appeal to 12-15 years olds. To rage about those kind of things make you an idiot if you are already older.

As for harem stories....maybe it is less to blame of the Japanese LN industry as to the choice of American translators?

I mean, it is not exactly anyone's fault my mouse cursor tend to zoom into the one with the pretty girl and not the pretty boy
Well, Gundam indeed exist to sell toys. Yu-Gi-Oh is to sell cards. Many others to sell other kind of merchandises.

Harem series though, probably to sell dating sims based on the show, or raise the sale of original eroge...

It's still annoying to see Gundam nerds acting like they're more mature than the fans of other series, talking about weapons and military tech...
Old 2012-12-10, 13:40   Link #874
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, Gundam indeed exist to sell toys. Yu-Gi-Oh is to sell cards. Many others to sell other kind of merchandises.

Harem series though, probably to sell dating sims based on the show, or raise the sale of original eroge...

It's still annoying to see Gundam nerds acting like they're more mature than the fans of other series, talking about weapons and military tech...
The original Gundam was not intended to sell toys .. There was even a manga made about how Gundam came to be. I wonder if I can find it..

EDIT: Here's the link to it! THE DRAMA! http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...m-sousei-r3359

Reply hazy, ask again later

Last edited by willx; 2012-12-10 at 13:59.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 13:55   Link #875
Red_Zeal_Knight

Quote:

I agree Gundam plots and charaters are so shallow and lime.
Simply because the story has war and death don't make it more mature
Red_Zeal_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 14:09   Link #876
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
The original Gundam was not intended to sell toys .. There was even a manga made about how Gundam came to be. I wonder if I can find it..

EDIT: Here's the link to it! THE DRAMA! http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...m-sousei-r3359

Well, I believe Yu-Gi-Oh isn't originally created to sell cards either. But with its popularity rising, merchandise following is a must, and so continue the franchise...
Old 2012-12-10, 14:21   Link #877
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Well, I believe Yu-Gi-Oh isn't originally created to sell cards either. But with its popularity rising, merchandise following is a must, and so continue the franchise...
I don't deny that is the case now, but most UC Gundam fans will generally take offense to the idea that their favored anime series is not "serious" and "made to sell toys" -- the very origins of the story, its initial popularity and the extensive world-building would seem to prove their point.

Old 2012-12-10, 14:28   Link #878
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
I don't deny that is the case now, but most UC Gundam fans will generally take offense to the idea that their favored anime series is not "serious" and "made to sell toys" -- the very origins of the story, its initial popularity and the extensive world-building would seem to prove their point.

I will admit some gundam are more realistic than others, but as long as you have pretty boys in tights piloting them and win 5 vs 500, I find it doubtful.

Furthermore, from a pure military prospective, something like a Gundam which stand tall and proud only make it a bigger target. I have a bunch of friends who are engineers in the Air Force and the Army, while they bitterly hate each other, they all can agree Gundam is the dumbest concept as a military weapon...ever. Though the Marine guys are pro-exoskeleton and power armor.
Old 2012-12-10, 15:46   Link #879
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:

Well, my favorite Gundam series are set in UC era...

SEED, Age, Wing are kind of stupid.

G Gundam is kind of funny, for kid.

I somehow didn't really like Gundam 00. I think the whole innovators thing are stupid...

And seriously, they all have pretty boys as the pilots. All those pretty boys are one-man-army type. How about a middle-age man war hardened man?

If there is romance involving the main protagonist, it's usually love triangle.

The story never ends well either.

The mobile suit itself is kind of impractical. I think it's driven by magic, not science.

And character like Char is so mysteriously popular...

And harem series is supposedly inferior and retard compared to the great Gundam shows...
Old 2012-12-10, 16:02   Link #880
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Well, my favorite Gundam series are set in UC era...

-Snip-

The story never ends well either.

The mobile suit itself is kind of impractical. I think it's driven by magic, not science.

And character like Char is so mysteriously popular...

And harem series is supposedly inferior and retard compared to the great Gundam shows...
Well, UC Gundam is like WW2 with robots.. so I'm not sure how a story like that can end well. Ultimately millions of people die and peace may or may not happen.. And even if it happens it may not last..

Haha, well it is totally make believe right? For a mobile suit to make sense you have to buy in to all the things they made up .. namely that long-range radar and long-range missiles are no longer effective due to Minovsky particles.

I'm surprised your favourites are in the UC era .. but you don't like Char? He's like the model people using for the talented charismatic villain that has his own ideals and will stop at nothing to accomplish it.

Outlook is uncertain

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)