Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-16, 20:03   Link #1
Kyloix
Meister

Unhappy Desperate

Hey guys I've been watching anime for a few years now and I've seen some really good animes then some that never clicked with me. And now I cant any more that I like . I'm desperate. So can anybody recommend a good anime with magic comedy romance and action? Some interesting plot twists would be nice, and I would prefer them to be dubbed but its not necessary.

Here are some that i watched and really liked
Naruto(manga only)
Bleach
Darker than black
Phantom ~ requiem for phantom
Pandora Hearts
D.N.Angel
Juuni Kokuki
Air Gear
Blade of the Immortal
Claymore
Fantastic Children
Ranma 1/2
Gilgamesh
Rune Soldier
Elfen lied
Ninja Scroll
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Ghost in the shell
Eureka Seven

And please no fanfics school drama or mecha ( i know a couple of my listed animes are mecha but its an exception)

**Edit** Also the more episodes the better. I am saddend when a good anime ends after like 13 episodes

Last edited by Kyloix; 2011-07-16 at 20:13. Reason: Additional information
Old 2011-07-16, 22:01   Link #2
Elegance

Fate Stay/Night-action,romance,magic(Dubbed)
Elemental Gelade-first 6 minutes looks pretty lame but you will like it.(Dubbed)
Dragonaut: The Resonance- Sort of a mecha/action,romance(Dubbed)
Sekirei-magic,harem,action,romance(Season 1 Dubbed)
Demon King Daimao-romance,harem,magic,action,comedy(Dubbed)
Cross Game-actually a sports/romance though its one of my top 5. 50eps. Also its not one of those sports where something everything goes right.(Subbed)
Freezing-alot of fanservice,action,romance(Subbed)
Angel Beats!-comedy,sort of action,romance,afterlife(Recently Releasing Dubbed Episodes)
Hidan No Aria-action,romance,tsundre(Subbed)
Otome Youkai Zakuro-supernatural,action,romance(Subbed)
Gantz-Rated R,action, romance, supernatural?(Dubbed)
Tsubasa Chronicles-action,light on romance, magic most of time(Dubbed)
11 eyes-action, romance, harem, supernatural(Subbed)
Kaze No Stigma-action,romance,magic(Dubbed)

Last edited by Elegance; 2011-07-16 at 22:19.
Old 2011-07-16, 22:12   Link #3
amasposu

The Law of Ueki - Shonen, action.
AnoHana - Slice of life.
Oniichan no Koto - Ecchi, Comedy.
Kimi ni Todoke - Romance.
Old 2011-07-16, 22:25   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Have you tried Shakugan no Shana or Familiar of Zero?

Full Metal Panic does have a bit of mecha in it, but I expect it would be one of your exceptions. (I usually don't think of it as a mecha). Pretty good dub too.

Hayate the Combat Butler

Read or Die

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-07-17, 21:12   Link #5
kitten320

Bleach = D.Gray Man - the main idea is similar, you have special people who kill Akuma (Hollows)
Phantom ~ requiem for phantom = Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin gives quiet similar feeling to Phantom
Pandora Hearts = Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist
Claymore = Ga-Rei Zero is a bit similar to Teresa's arc. It also is more bloody and involves sword action.
Elfen lied = Deadman Wonderland has a lot of blood and flying body parts. There are even more similarities but I don't want to spoil.

I know that you said no Mecha, don't like it myself but I think that you could try Full Metal Panic and Code Geass.

You can also try Madoka Magica, Angel Beats and Baccano.
Old 2011-07-18, 00:30   Link #6
Boduar

Kiba should work out well for you. For some reason its under everyones radar tho.
Old 2011-07-18, 05:26   Link #7
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Kiba should work out well for you. For some reason its under everyones radar tho.

That's because it sucked.
Old 2011-07-19, 02:24   Link #8
Kyloix
Meister

Smile

Thanks all of you for your suggestions in the last couple days i have finish "Elemental Gelade" watch the first 6 episodes of "sekirei" and 10 episodes of "Full metal panic"
Elemental gelade was almost exactly what I was looking for (reminded me of soul eater). I couldn't really get into full metal panic its just another mecha to me. "Sekirei" was ok but I'm not a big fan of harem. I am about to start watching "Deadman wonderland" and "Kaze no stigma"

P.S. Kiba was awesome

P.S.S. Ive already seen some of code geass and i hated it I'm sorry.
Old 2011-07-19, 02:44   Link #9
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

Kyloix while Full Metal Panic is mainly Mecha, have you tried the spinoff Full Metal Panic Fumoffu? While I don't like mecha myself I found Fumoffu rather funny.

Also have you seen Berserk or Lodoss Wars? Both are classics and dubbed. I also thought Witch Hunter Robin and Cowboy Bebop was fun dubbed. If you've not seen either of these I highly recommend.
Old 2011-07-20, 06:24   Link #10
kitten320

Yeh, Fumoffu would work really well if you are interested in comedy
Old 2011-07-20, 09:07   Link #11
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Slayers NEXT
Jungle wa itusmo hale nochi guu
kodocha
akazukin cha cha!
Old 2011-07-20, 22:34   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyloix View Post
So can anybody recommend a good anime with magic comedy romance and action? Some interesting plot twists would be nice, and I would prefer them to be dubbed but its not necessary.
All four of those together in one series is pretty hard to find. Perhaps Scrapped Princess fits the bill. If you're willing to substitute sci-fi for magic, I'd recommend Noein. (The "science" in many sci-fi animes has more in common with magic. Even Noein, which purports to have a basis in quantum theory, ultimately feels fantastical.) Both of these are dubbed and encompass 26 episodes.

Another series you might like is Dennou Coil, a story about children who largely live in a virtual world (again sci-fi instead of magic). There's no English dub, but the fansubs are here. Again it's 26 episodes.

Another show that's surprisingly not on your list is Seirei no Moribito. Again not much romance, but some each of action, magic, and comedy. Like Coil, it's in my top-ten list, it's 26 episodes, and you can watch the subbed version for free on Crunchyroll. Until recently the dubbed version was showing on ANN; perhaps it will come around again. Alternatively you can buy the whole series for a ridiculously low price.

I've recommended these shows largely because you list Junni Kokuki among your favorites. Another show you might enjoy is Saiunkoku Monogatari, but unfortunately season one is in licensing limbo, and I wouldn't recommend watching the fansubbed season two as a stand-alone.
Old 2011-07-21, 03:33   Link #13
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Heroic Age (kind of magic... kind of mecha....)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7627

Spice Wolf (umm well... has a god in it....)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8537

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread