AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-28, 12:00   Link #1141
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Aisha knew the whole time that Rudy was her brother? I mean, even if she didn't at first Eris going "Ru-" all the time and Zanoba straight up calling him "Rudeus" should've made it obvious. I guess she was just testing him. But in the end she finds a newfound respect and love for her brother and they get to send each other off with a smile .
Not sure if the novels specify exactly when she found out, but in the manga version (which was totally different), she found out when they were storming the castle and confronted Ginger and the other guards and Eris shouted for Rudeus to duck.

So I'd guess Eris is the source here again, and if not her, then definitely Zanoba (Ginger did a similar call-out in the manga version, but when Aisha thinks it over it's Eris calling his name that she remembers).

Which episode was turning point 1 again? Was that the mana disaster?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-28, 12:05   Link #1142
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Which episode was turning point 1 again? Was that the mana disaster?
Just going by the anime, yeah.
Old 2021-11-28, 15:52   Link #1143
magnuskn

Yeah, sounds like something big will happen.
Old 2021-11-28, 21:09   Link #1144
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, it showed a little of the things that happened Lilia and Aishia, Rudeus met Zanoba (his disciple) and fixed his relationship with Aishia, in short, in the next chapter they will surely show us "him", who will be a very important character in the future, to wait for the chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-28, 23:44   Link #1145
BWTraveller
Born to ship

This was certainly different from both the LN and the manga. In the manga, Aisha didn't even hate Rudy over the panties, she believed that Rudy, Paul and everyone else had abandoned her and didn't care about the whereabouts of a little bastard child; she remained ignorant to the truth until Eris shouted his name out loudly while trying to protect him from a surprise attack. After everything calms down she asks him if it's true, and whether he'd kept it secret because she'd said bad things about him or because he couldn't recognize himself as the brother of a bastard, to which he responded that he just wanted to be someone she could rely on, regardless of whether she recognized him as a brother. He asks her which she wants, the adventurer "Kennel Master" or her brother Rudeus, at which point she bows to him and swears to serve her brother. Also, the only mention of the panties comes afterward as she sleeps next to him and, after hearing his stories and talking about how cool he is, admits that for all her admiration she's not so sure about his habit of worshipping his master's panties.

In the LN, Lilia found out about Aisha calling Rudy a pervert and was awfully upset. As she put it, having known a few nobles in her time, Rudy's peeping and treasuring his master's panties is cute and harmless, certainly nowhere near what one would call "perversion". On the other hand, Aisha talks to Rudy in private, and asks him if he's not mad that she called him a pervert before running to her mom, leaving him confused and surprised. Then, in the carriage, she talks a long time to Lilia about how cool and brave and incredible "Kennel Master" is. She says how she'd love to meet him again and even serve him, then goes on to paint a fantasy about that service turning into one of your classic master-maid hentai plots. It gets to a point where even Lilia feels she's going just a bit too far, and she hugs Aisha who apologizes for teasing her and admits that she knows he's her brother.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 01:24   Link #1146
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
In the manga, Aisha didn't even hate Rudy over the panties,
I like the anime part for going the opposite direction of that. A pervert still needs to be called out no matter how much worse the rest of the men in this world are.
Old 2021-11-29, 01:48   Link #1147
Tenzen12

It happened years ago when Rudy was 10 or so and Roxy had no right complain peeping on others herself. Only really deplorable thing Rudy did was his attempt groom Sylphy, everything else is victimless crime
Old 2021-11-29, 02:00   Link #1148
rladls2121

I guess some things never change.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 02:40   Link #1149
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It happened years ago when Rudy was 10 or so and Roxy had no right complain peeping on others herself. Only really deplorable thing Rudy did was his attempt groom Sylphy, everything else is victimless crime
Can you stop trying to bring that back up? It's flimsy at best as is, and it's just going to bring back insane debates.
Old 2021-11-29, 07:32   Link #1150
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Yes, this is far closer to the LN. I kind of prefer the manga, which still shows Aisha to be very smart and perceptive and resourceful but at the same time shows her to be a kid. The sort of girl who'd be struggling with some big complexes over having been raised as a servant, informed of her illegitimacy and told that her destiny was to serve and obey a brother she doesn't remember. When Rudeus mentioned that Paul had Norn with him she broke down, convinced that the reason he didn't come to save her was because he already had Norn and didn't care about her, going on to insist that even the brother she doesn't know must hate her just like everyone else. The panties are only mentioned when everything is over and patched up as a mischievous jab at him. In the LN, there was none of that and instead, just as we saw, she expressed contempt toward Rudy on account of the panties and how messed up she finds it that a boy would worship a young girl's undergarments at four or five years old.

On a different note, I'd be willing to bet Aisha was awake. Getting the covers thrown over her and pulled off repeatedly while all this commotion happens, I find it much more believable that she's pretending to sleep. And I have no real problem believing that someone that smart either already had a hunch that Kennel Master was her brother or was cool enough to hide any surprise when she heard people call him Rudeus.
Thanks for clarifying. It just felt really jarring for me since I came from the manga, where Rudeus quickly figured out he was being used as bait rather than the LN / Anime, where Rudeus' deduction falls just that one step short.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 10:32   Link #1151
maximilianjenus
[E]

the theory is that aisha found out when rudy used silent casting.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 10:35   Link #1152
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

From the tone of Lilia's comment about Sylphiette's gift, she may not have survived when the world was changed.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 11:17   Link #1153
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
From the tone of Lilia's comment about Sylphiette's gift, she may not have survived when the world was changed.
You really think they'd cut such a major harem member? The author's certainly capable of sadism toward his heroes, but he's no George R. R. Martin (thankfully).
Old 2021-11-29, 19:35   Link #1154
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Lilia's been trapped in a castle/dungeon with no means of communication with the outside world. She'd have literally zero knowledge about what became of Sylphie.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 06:42   Link #1155
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I know that this is a gag episode but how can the lame pervert prince run his kingdom when all of his guards are under threat of their family being hurt in order to serv- oh wait, I forgot that we have North Korea .
Old 2021-11-30, 09:18   Link #1156
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I know that this is a gag episode but how can the lame pervert prince run his kingdom when all of his guards are under threat of their family being hurt in order to serv- oh wait, I forgot that we have North Korea .
Because he doesn't have a kingdom. As far as I can tell, he has a household (which includes a couple of buildings), and that's it. That's why he was kicked out at the end of this episode -- both him and his brother.

He is (was?) a prince, not the king.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 09:38   Link #1157
Tenzen12

They weren't kicked out. That's slander! They were sent to study abroad to broaden their horizons.
Old 2021-11-30, 10:31   Link #1158
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
Because he doesn't have a kingdom. As far as I can tell, he has a household (which includes a couple of buildings), and that's it. That's why he was kicked out at the end of this episode -- both him and his brother.

He is (was?) a prince, not the king.
Wait, if Pax's only a prince with limited authority of a household and hold the families of all of his guards hostage then.....who were guarding the hostages?

Did he also use the guards (whose families were taken hotage) to guard the hostages? If that's the case, why all the guards didn't worked together sooner to free the hostages instead of waiting for a convenient savior like Rudy's crew? Were they too dumb to work together or were they afraid of Zanoba too much?
Old 2021-11-30, 10:38   Link #1159
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wait, if Pax's only a prince with limited authority of a household and hold the families of all of his guards hostage then.....who were guarding the hostages?

Did he also use the guards (whose families were taken hotage) to guard the hostages? If that's the case, why all the guards didn't worked together sooner to free the hostages instead of waiting for a convenient savior like Rudy's crew? Were they too dumb to work together or were they afraid of Zanoba too much?
It seemed like Pax was trying to ensure the loyalty of the people Zanoba ended up giving away to fund his figurine collection, because Ginger said she originally swore an oath of loyalty to Zanoba. So I guess he could've used his own retinue to hold the families hostage.
Old 2021-11-30, 11:01   Link #1160
EroKing
Version Zero

Tags
drama, isekai