AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-11-02, 15:43   Link #1281
James Rye

After seeing the raws I really wish WT XCOM was an actual thing...
Old 2021-11-03, 12:06   Link #1282
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Huh. Really interesting. This test seems designed to select the field commanders and tacticians (given the information they get in the monitor sort of simulates the information command center would get in order to get decisions, and the kind of orders they would be able to give) , and tailor made for Osamu to shine. Should be interesting.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 12:07   Link #1283
James Rye

Alright, translation is out and the game actually sounds kinda fun. While turn-based it ain't one-turn-after-another based but everything happens at once with Action tokens being your main currency for doing actions or reacting to actions from others, that gonna be messy as heck for sure.
Katori already proves that by having way better stats than Osamu but that free point leads her into a death trap because "speed" ain't a thing in this game, neither is movement like in XCom, but interestingly enough defense and evasion are two different skills and the back-up and technique skills are the ones that are probably the most important ones to set up team combos depending on your action tokens and trigger sets. At least that is my guess.

More action tokens means more actions so technically you can always catch up to a lower action token character but once interrupted you lose a lot of action points defending and attacking so you stop earlier. Plus the cooldown thing which could really put a damper to your "idea" of how your character was supposed to move and attack, the flashier your move the longer the wait. And you can even just "stun-lock" strong characters by forcing them to double guard all the time which will even put a stop to trion-strong characters like Nino or Chika.

Katori's rage face and temper throw in ch.215 was hilarious, she really can't stand losing to Osamu. At least that lose woke her up and awoke her inner try-hard to win although her straight-forward strategy is easy to avoid in this kind of strategy game. Considering how much he makes her emote, Ashihara must have had a blast drawing Katori, usually he goes with the more mellow and stern looking expressions for everyone.^^
Am curious to see how new Suwa squad will fence against solo Mizukami squad. Dude going full shogi king with long-range blocking rooks and fast attacking knights. Also curious how to see the rest of Mizukami squad react once they figure out they got blocked out of the first day of gaming. Also also damn curious to see the 3rd, 5th and 7th match to see how Osamu will fare against Yuuma, Chika and Hyuse. I can't wait for the real start of the WORLD TRIGGER ONLINE TOURNAMENT next month! And I want this as a game for myself! GIMME GIMME~
Old 2021-11-03, 16:53   Link #1284
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
After seeing the raws I really wish WT XCOM was an actual thing...
I thought you were joking but it's really like XCOM with action tokens being time units.
Old 2021-11-03, 19:44   Link #1285
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

World Trigger going into excruciating details about all its mechanics is both its strength and its weakness. It's interesting but the story slows down to a crawl during such chapters.

And I'll be honest: I think this entire arc should have been skipped. The manga will never end at this pace.
Old 2021-11-03, 20:27   Link #1286
Wandering Soul

Never played XCOM, but it's clear the author put a lot of of thought into this game. I wonder how long this will go on.
Old 2021-11-03, 23:25   Link #1287
Proto

Quote:
World Trigger going into excruciating details about all its mechanics is both its strength and its weakness. It's interesting but the story slows down to a crawl during such chapters.

And I'll be honest: I think this entire arc should have been skipped. The manga will never end at this pace.
I don't know. I think at this point the author has just gone full in and made world trigger a manga about the mechanics of battle and their execution, with the characters and the story being a cool flavoring on top. It works at least in my eyes because the execution is just that good. Personally I am really liking what I see here, but then again I'm always been one for really slow series/movies.
Old 2021-11-04, 01:08   Link #1288
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I think that's why Katori is actually pretty important this arc: Not as an ace fighter but as a "crawl breaker" as in her emotional outbursts, being the comedial relief and various expressions help to ease the whole rulebook thrown into our faces. Like the stuff we got told in two chapters are basically the whole trion, weaponry, trigger and rank war rules in one go but not stretched over 200 chapters, lol.

Katori grinding her teeth, or slamming the desk and demanding a replay or being pissed at the trashy game or wanting to grind Osamu *insert penis joke here* into dust all break the monotone rule explaining process.

For me this arc makes sense since this is the largest Neighborhood mission ever done by Border. Before they had small teams and small trips, kinda like astronauts on earth traveling to ISS. They need to train and are experts. Now they get a dozens of agents who have never been to the neighborhood or a ship to travel said neighborhood. That needs different tests and training, kinda like how we now send space tourists into space. If we were to send 20+people at once into space, the training would probably change as well to take the huge number into account. I think so far we only send like 2 to 8 people per rocket into space from what I remember. We just don't have a Chika cheat code yet.^^
Old 2021-11-04, 05:53   Link #1289
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Agree plus with author health situation this direction of writing is not favorable.

It might possible we get actual plot progress in next 5 or 6 years.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-04, 18:12   Link #1290
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I don't know. I think at this point the author has just gone full in and made world trigger a manga about the mechanics of battle and their execution, with the characters and the story being a cool flavoring on top. It works at least in my eyes because the execution is just that good. Personally I am really liking what I see here, but then again I'm always been one for really slow series/movies.
It's not that I don't like it, but this arc kind of came at a bad time. We've been waiting for them to go to the Neighborhood since the first invasion, but they had to get the rank wars done first. Sadly, there was a really long unavoidable hiatus, but the series came back and the rank wars finally ended. I thought that at long last, the expedition would start, but then we get thrown into what I'm predicting will be an extremely long screening exam arc. It's frustrating.
Old 2021-11-04, 21:58   Link #1291
Proto

Fair enough, it really does come down to what one is looking for in World Trigger. Personally I gave up on the story a long time ago, I just want to see cool matches. If nothing else because there are other series that can do a cool story, but there's no other manga that can do team matches as well as World Trigger.

Last edited by Proto; 2021-11-05 at 01:31.
Old 2021-11-05, 03:34   Link #1292
dragon1412

I personally thinks thatís just the effect of the hiatus at work, WT does indeed have a slow pace, but with stuff like Hxh and OP Iíd not say the story is that slow consider we are only at 200 chapters mark. WT moving to monthly does hurt it a bit as well, but consider the page count we are still around around 2 chapters per months compare to previous pace is not that bad. Mostly the hiatus make the long wait.

Logically speaking, this arc make sense and is necessary, since only a few of the A team gone to neighbors world before and most of the agents will be their 1st time traveling. It also make sense that the this is their 1st actual big expedition and they canít afford to screw it up rspecially with agent compatibility and ability in a foreign soil battle
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-05, 18:03   Link #1293
Wandering Soul

I understand that in-universe it makes sense for them to hold this sort of trial, but I do sort of want them to get through this quickly and just get to the neighborhood.
Old 2021-11-06, 09:16   Link #1294
James Rye

I think we won't see most of the ten matches per day and probably rather get a summary of who won how many points due the fights. The idea for those thirty matches is to see the development of freshly thrown together teams gain a new team spirit, make new strategies around the new battle rules and emerge victorious against various opponents.
I think it will be here where Osamu's witty tactical mind can shine but also where Katori can learn to adapt to a, for her, unfavorable situation aka shitty game (lol) and rise to the occasion and due her high action token probably become one of the primary point getters.
After all, if Suwa and Osamu were to engage others with their tokens first and Katori arrives as 3rd her "saved" tokens would overtake the remaining ones from the opponent. So timing when to arrive and how to deal dmg to who is essential to fain a numbers advantage in 6 turns each only 90 seconds.

We will probably only see 1-2,maybe 3 matches of Suwa squad at most for the first day of battle and later see the development of Suwa squad in future battles, kinda how in the last rank war battle of Suwa vs Nasu vs Katori, the first half wasn't shown and we only got to see the second half, which still took like 2 and a half chapters or so.

I think what might really take long is the battle royal of all teams being thrown into one battlefield at once for 36 hours, that might take many many chapters to resolve. I wouldn't wonder if that becomes like 2 volumes at whole before that 2nd phase is finished.
Old 2021-11-29, 10:56   Link #1295
James Rye

New volume cover! And two new chapters coming as well! Get hyped!!!
First time an Operator gets featured on a cover. Also first time we got more than 2 people on the cover. Also Oki and Ui beat Kageura on getting featured on a cover before he did. 2nd time Suwa and Katori got featured and 3rd time for our favorite Megane-kun Osamu, the Chad Boss of World Trigger!
Really like how Suwa looks like he is about to sneeze while Katori and Osamu have a stare-off with Oki and Ui totally posing for the camera.^^

Last edited by James Rye; 2021-11-29 at 12:15.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 15:36   Link #1296
Blaat

Quote:
First time an Operator gets featured on a cover.
Wait Shiori never appeared on a cover before?
Old 2021-11-29, 16:52   Link #1297
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Wait Shiori never appeared on a cover before?
Neither did Arafune. I bet Mizukami will be on cover 25.
Old 2021-11-30, 12:01   Link #1298
James Rye

Spoiler for ALL WT covers - no Shiori...:

I'm sure Shiori will have her time on the cover someday.
Old 2021-12-02, 10:52   Link #1299
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... Is Mikumo going to be able to go on the away team? Because it really isn't going well right now...

Also, two Chika on one team is brutal. Just bomb everything.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 11:26   Link #1300
Blaat

That was completed one sided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, two Chika on one team is brutal. Just bomb everything.
"What's our strategy boss?" "We'll just let Chika nuke the battlefield."
Quote:
I'm sure Shiori will have her time on the cover someday.
Surprising considering Shiori is an important character.

Tags
action, shounen stargate