AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-11-14, 18:07   Link #3621
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What was the point of bowl cut Deadman approaching Sakura undercover? A little chat with Aguilera and she's ready to go to them for power.
Old 2021-11-14, 19:17   Link #3622
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What was the point of bowl cut Deadman approaching Sakura undercover? A little chat with Aguilera and she's ready to go to them for power.
Yeah, that plot point was kind of wasted. I think they should have switched Julio with Aguilera for the dojo scenes.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 21:02   Link #3623
iko_uwais

Kamen Rider Black Sun design for Black and battle hopper has been revealed and it is awesome. The new Black will be portrayed by famous actor Hidetoshi Nishijima and this time, Shadow Moon is referred to as Kamen Rider Shadow Moon and will be portrayed by famous actor Tomoya Nakamura. Yeah, this is definitely a big budget project if they are getting someone as famous as Nishijima, who I've been seeing a lot in dorama and movies recently (I really like his performance in the samurai movie, Chiritsubaki and the action-crime drama, Crisis.). Nishijima will also be starring in the Shin Utraman movie.
Spoiler for black sun:

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2021-11-20 at 22:25.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 21:17   Link #3624
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Ooh, they lean more towards the manga design, I like it. I still have the manga on my shelf that I kept since Elementary School so it's a kick in the nostalgia nuts for me.
Old 2021-11-21, 01:15   Link #3625
kiak666

And here's Sakura's Rider form, which will debut next week:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Old 2021-11-22, 11:56   Link #3626
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Damn. Toretto is right, nothing stronger than a family.

A family of Riders.

Old 2021-11-22, 18:14   Link #3627
B214

Wait till their papa, mama, uncle, auntie, cousins etc. all become riders. XD
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-23, 18:03   Link #3628
kiak666

Old 2021-11-28, 02:12   Link #3629
kiak666

Watched Revice Episode 12:

- Got to say, I'm more impressed with Sakura's debut as Kamen Rider Jeanne than I am with Daiji's debut as Kamen Rider Live. And Sakura's inner demon is the most adorable thing ever...

- It appears that Demons can't use different Vistamps in quick succession, as Hiromi immediately suffers backlash when he attempts to use the Batta Vistamp shortly after using the Mogura Vistamp.

- And it also looks like Haitani, the mastermind behind the Planarian Deadman incident, will be a recurring villain. Guy seems to hold a grudge against Sakura after the latter foiled his plan at the end of the episode.

- Next week, Evil returns, Jeanne gains a new weapon (as opposed to form changes like her brothers) and Revi gains his first upgrade form.
Old 2021-11-28, 18:03   Link #3630
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sakura's debut as a rider was absolutely awesome. A large scale battle where she kicked ass. Her demon is... not what you'd expect a demon to look like

I wonder why that driver was scrapped in the first place. It appears to be working fine.

I really hope Sakura will fare better than Valkyrie in the long run.
Old 2021-11-28, 21:14   Link #3631
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sakura's debut as a rider was absolutely awesome. A large scale battle where she kicked ass. Her demon is... not what you'd expect a demon to look like

I wonder why that driver was scrapped in the first place. It appears to be working fine.

I really hope Sakura will fare better than Valkyrie in the long run.
If Sakura's demon receives many love from the audience (just like what Vice is afraid of ), then Sakura will surely do much better than Valkyrie. That's a pretty clever gamble from the staff, the better part is they let Vice to openly speak of the staff's motive (to create a popular and cute demon to get audience's attention)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 04:55   Link #3632
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Can't agree more.

Jeanne feels like Toei way of saying, "Sabela is fine but Valkyrie is a mistake".
Both debut direction looks similar with Jeanne using karate-based movement as the main difference.

Vice telling about need of cute mascot feels like a jab to how neither Zero One nor Saber have it despite how summoning animals being part of their transformation.

Old 2021-11-29, 17:59   Link #3633
iko_uwais

Guess who's playing the 1971 Hongo Takeshi in Beyond Generations?

None other than Hiroshi Fujioka's own son, Maito Fujioka. Funnily enough, Maito previously acted as Shiro Sanshiro, the son and successor of Segata Sanshiro, which is another role his father is famous for.

https://www.toei.co.jp/release/movie/1227608_979.html
Old 2021-11-29, 19:13   Link #3634
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's pretty cool.
Old 2021-11-30, 04:45   Link #3635
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
If Sakura's demon receives many love from the audience (just like what Vice is afraid of ), then Sakura will surely do much better than Valkyrie. That's a pretty clever gamble from the staff, the better part is they let Vice to openly speak of the staff's motive (to create a popular and cute demon to get audience's attention)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Can't agree more.

Jeanne feels like Toei way of saying, "Sabela is fine but Valkyrie is a mistake".
Both debut direction looks similar with Jeanne using karate-based movement as the main difference.

Vice telling about need of cute mascot feels like a jab to how neither Zero One nor Saber have it despite how summoning animals being part of their transformation.

I wouldn't be so positive like you two. Mainly because usually the flow of KR will slowly shift to main rider power-ups now. First for Revi then maybe for Vice, and they'll slowly get more forms before they attain their final form.
Old 2021-11-30, 07:17   Link #3636
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I wouldn't be so positive like you two. Mainly because usually the flow of KR will slowly shift to main rider power-ups now. First for Revi then maybe for Vice, and they'll slowly get more forms before they attain their final form.
Its not like we're new audience to KR. Simply nice to see it handled better than Valkyrie for debut.
I would be amazed if they kept Jeanne reliable for next three episode when it doesn't take long for Live to stutter.

Then again, following what you said it made me curious about how they handled the distribution.
Saber escape it with interchangeable gimmick to the point some JP audience argued Dragonic Knight is Saber truest upgrade. Meanwhile in Zero One instead of Aruto its Fuwa who narratively got better upgrade treatment (especially Orthrus Vulcan and Lone Wolf) so it doesn't looks like they favor Aruto (Aruto so fast ditching both Assault Hopper and Zero Two for Ark-based forms).
Old 2021-11-30, 07:55   Link #3637
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Its not like we're new audience to KR. Simply nice to see it handled better than Valkyrie for debut.
I would be amazed if they kept Jeanne reliable for next three episode when it doesn't take long for Live to stutter.

Then again, following what you said it made me curious about how they handled the distribution.
Saber escape it with interchangeable gimmick to the point some JP audience argued Dragonic Knight is Saber truest upgrade. Meanwhile in Zero One instead of Aruto its Fuwa who narratively got better upgrade treatment (especially Orthrus Vulcan and Lone Wolf) so it doesn't looks like they favor Aruto (Aruto so fast ditching both Assault Hopper and Zero Two for Ark-based forms).
Well Zero-One probably suffer due to the covid cutting down the number of episodes.
I personally feel that female riders shouldn't be introduced too early, they'll get treat unequally compared to the main and secondary rider. I mean even Tertiary rider rarely gets treated properly much less female rider.
Old 2021-11-30, 21:27   Link #3638
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well Zero-One probably suffer due to the covid cutting down the number of episodes.
I personally feel that female riders shouldn't be introduced too early, they'll get treat unequally compared to the main and secondary rider. I mean even Tertiary rider rarely gets treated properly much less female rider.
I want a female main rider lol. It's about time, Toei . I won't overestimate how Jeanne fares in this show. But hey internet is a strange place. If that cute demon becomes so popular (the staff even says it out basically XD) anything could happen

Tertiary rider fares pretty ok I think. It's not as bad as we thought. The one in Drive, the one in Ex-aid (the one who holds a lot of gun), whichever of the two in Build , they all do pretty well

Even the one in saber did not do too bad...just didn't get a power up
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 22:22   Link #3639
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Yup, if Jeanne popular enough, she likely get a short movie about her;
Her gimmick revealed to be weapon change pretty much telling they're in for movie-only extra form if the 'cute mascot carry' success.

Also, about tertiary Riders I don't think its true as somehow majority of tertiary Riders are written well.
Gills, Zolda, Chalice, Eternal, Zangetsu, Chaser, Grease, Woz, Espada. They got their character arc delivered very well as far tertiary Rider goes, especially the latter half.
Its secondary Riders that often either you lucky enough to became the next Accel/Cross-Z/Vulcan (on par, if not overshadowed the main, titular Rider) or ended up with weak presence like Garren/Ibuki/Meteor (minor influence for second half of the show) if you not a bro like G3/Birth/Blades or ... like Kaixa, yes.

Old 2021-11-30, 23:43   Link #3640
iko_uwais

Interview video with Maito Fujioka

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

for those who don't speak Japanese:
Basically, he's saying how his first reaction upon being offered the role is shocked and surprised but also felt that the time for it has finally come. He doesn't want to play Hongo without knowing anything about the character so he does his own research by watching the original series and asking his father for advice. He wants to show the "power" of Hongo Takeshi that can't be replicated by today's technology.

He also want his Hongo to be able to show his own charm and expression, also feeling that playing this role is his destiny. Lastly, he hoped that he can respond properly to viewer's expectation and hoped that viewers will enjoy his performance.

Btw, Maito is currently 16, while his father was 25 when he first played Hongo.

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2021-12-01 at 00:13.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu