AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-21, 15:38   Link #1181
Gerard07

Watching the episode, Federica arguing with Shin and the people complaining about sending 86 on the suicide mission was fine, and the way they reacted on the new ship was interesting (I wonder if Frederica was placed there), wait for the next chapter. , although it is a pity that we have to wait so long.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-21, 18:23   Link #1182
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hope they made absolutely sure they knew where Frederica was...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-21, 18:28   Link #1183
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wait wait wait wait, last week they couldn't make it, and now they can't make it again next week? Already?!
As a split-2-cour, I'd have assumed they had an entire cour (in-between seasons) to work on the 2nd cour at the least, but...
At this rate, are they gonna even finish this cour? Or do they plan to wait a few months to broadcast the last episode for the few people that still remember it?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-21, 21:11   Link #1184
Wandering Soul

Yeah it's starting to seem like they should have delayed this a season.
Old 2021-11-21, 23:47   Link #1185
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wait wait wait wait, last week they couldn't make it, and now they can't make it again next week? Already?!
As a split-2-cour, I'd have assumed they had an entire cour (in-between seasons) to work on the 2nd cour at the least, but...
At this rate, are they gonna even finish this cour? Or do they plan to wait a few months to broadcast the last episode for the few people that still remember it?
I don't think it will be delayed that long (probably at best end in January) but I think quite a few people would be eagerly awaiting it...
Old 2021-11-22, 16:42   Link #1186
Twi

The review has been done. As per usual, LN comparison below:

Spoiler:
Old 2021-11-22, 16:52   Link #1187
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't think it will be delayed that long (probably at best end in January) but I think quite a few people would be eagerly awaiting it...
Wonder Egg was +1 Month? Or was it 2?
I think Girls und Panzer was delayed even longer though.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-11-22, 22:53   Link #1188
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Listening to the 86 EIGHTY-SIX REARRANGE & OUTTRACKS CD.

Will send recommendations in case anyone wants to get it.

----

86 Original OST in full.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-23, 19:49   Link #1189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Has there actually been any Sawano in the 2nd cour? I don't think I've heard anything Sawano yet. Just a lot of "this doesn't sound like Sawano" BGM and that ED that sounds like gas passing

Old 2021-11-23, 20:55   Link #1190
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Has there actually been any Sawano in the 2nd cour? I don't think I've heard anything Sawano yet. Just a lot of "this doesn't sound like Sawano" BGM and that ED that sounds like gas passing
They played an instrumental version of "The Answer." Does that count?
Old 2021-11-23, 21:29   Link #1191
sierra117
Harem Seeker

We did got 8SIX during the Large-scale Offensive
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 19:44   Link #1192
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
They played an instrumental version of "The Answer." Does that count?
Huh, that might be it. Hardly, if any, vocals at all in the BGM this season

Old 2021-11-27, 15:35   Link #1193
Alchemist007
*Author

I've mostly been skimming so this recap was probably most appreciated by me
Old 2021-11-29, 08:54   Link #1194
kuudererules

There will be 1st 86 Anniversary Live Event in April 2022 in Tokyo Dome City Hall.
Featuring all seiyuu and musicians like hitorie, Hiroyuki Sawano and more.

Spoiler for image:

There's change they will announce season 2
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 13:07   Link #1195
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuudererules View Post
There will be 1st 86 Anniversary Live Event in April 2022 in Tokyo Dome City Hall.
Featuring all seiyuu and musicians like hitorie, Hiroyuki Sawano and more.

Spoiler for image:

There's change they will announce season 2
Here's hoping .
Old 2021-11-30, 13:25   Link #1196
EroKing
Version Zero

Old 2021-11-30, 14:28   Link #1197
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Cute loli Frederica .
Old 2021-12-04, 13:07   Link #1198
Frontier

The Legion are right on their trail, so Grethe has to basically airdrop Nordlicht and distract them with the ship so they can get to the Morpho. It's pretty funny seeing Theo and Kurena freaking out as they're being dropped to the ground from the sky, but also pretty epic that Grethe is trying to bide them time with what is possibly her last act on this Earth from the perspective of Nordlicht .

Nordlicht finally make it to the Morpho, which is a huge, hulking, monstrosity of a Mecha that puts the Dinosauria to shame, but the real twist isn't when it's hulking, sword-like, cannon gets ready to fire but when it turns out Kiriya moved his consciousness to another Morpho in the distance that bombards them. Thankfully Frederica makes Shin aware of it within seconds of it happening .

With Nordlicht possibly dead, the Frederacy is scrambling with what to do next, but Ernst, true to his word, is willing to let the Legion take the Frederacy and go down with the ship if it's true that they basically just abandoned and used the kids...and they voted him in power, so they're stuck with him. Thankfully that doesn't seem to be necessary when it turns out Nordlicht and the Eighty-Six survived .

It turns out the Legion are now acutely aware of Shin, codenamed "Baleygr," and they now structure their plans around his ability to hear and detect them, which is how they set up this trap. No-Face also commanded Pale Rider against getting into a fatal battle with Shin, so maybe they want something of him to recover so they can Legionize him ?

Shin has a creepy grin on his face as he charges straight at Kiriya, Pale Rider, and drowns out everyone calling out his name as he goes directly at him like he's on a suicide run and doesn't care about anything else. Even when the Morph got away and Shin's comrades are calling for him, he honestly seems annoyed that they got in the way of his life-and-death battle with the Morpho. Jeez .

Kiriya recognizes a fellow member of the Nouzen clan and someone who might be as destined for the battlefield as he was, but what really sticks to Kiriya is his memories of his Empress, Frederica, and how thinking he lost her drove him to want to eliminate everything and everyone, starting with the Frederacy that replaced his Empire. You also see that Kiriya's consciousness in Legion form is less static-y than Rei's, at least up until he gets all "kill every last one of them" and he starts contrasting his pure, bloodcurdling, rage with his stoic Legion self .

What's Grethe's deal? Well, turns out she's a black widow whose husband was killed by the Legion on their wedding day and she had to wear funeral clothes before she even got to wear her bridal dress, so she's been through a lot. The Legion have, like, no chill. Also she apparently rejected bowl cut dude for her dead husband, but their teasing seems to have some warmth and care to it, even the nicknames. Ultimately I'm just glad Grethe is okay .

So, yeah, Frederica stowed away on Fido and they only find out about it now. Frederica thinks if they have her around the team will be more committed to staying alive instead of throwing their lives away recklessly, because now they have her safety to worry about. Which, y'know, I can kind of see, although it seems like the plan is to take her back before they get to the Morpho...

Jeez, Shin throws Frederica her gun so she can kill herself if they get taken out. Even the rest of the team got thrown off by this .
Old 2021-12-04, 13:12   Link #1199
sierra117
Harem Seeker

In short, Shin is just being… Shin
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-04, 15:58   Link #1200
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, I can't wait until Shin gets out of this "I'm going crazy for battle" phase. It's not very compelling for me tbh.

Also, this episode made me suspicious of Kiriya feelings for Frederica. Like, I can see with a glance it is a similar parallel to Rei and Shin and how they loved each other as siblings, but this episode gave me a different impression. Felt more creepy; but that might just be my evil, despicable mind =0v...

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi