AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-05, 01:25   Link #41
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hmmm, I wonder if someone were to poke Tomino's corpse and ask him about this new Gundam 00 vs. The unofficial death of C.E.; what would he say?

Yeah, LMAO Tomino prolly hates his own kids xD...
Old 2007-06-05, 01:34   Link #42
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if someone were to poke Tomino's corpse and ask him about this new Gundam 00 vs. The unofficial death of C.E.; what would he say?

Yeah, LMAO Tomino prolly hates his own kids xD...
As if he cares about something he doesn't even watch.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:42   Link #43
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Woah you seem to be taking this whole C.E. dismissal a little hard T_T...Dry those tears...

Tomino saw his fair share of GSD eps, enuff to call everybody nuts, but yeah he's an old staunch man..Hopefully Gundam 00 or the lack of a true C.E. trilogy can calm his old nerves a bit...I mean he did create the genre, so even his heavy handed comments are worth some note....
Old 2007-06-05, 02:38   Link #44
Archer

Tomino cares very little for the Gundam franchise in general, so I doubt he'll care about any new series that's coming out. This is a man who detests his own Gundam series to the point where he explicitly says not to buy the DVDs, after all (Victory Gundam, Zeta Gundam, etc.).

On another note, everybody knows that there's a strong dislike for the Cosmic Era and series associated with it, and that's fine. However, let's try not to create baseless assumptions because of that. Just saying.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 10:56   Link #45
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
No, we need more team hopping. It wouldn't be a SEED story without mass amounts of defections.
Or another Muwa wannabe without a mask.
overthere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 11:06   Link #46
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthere! View Post
Or another Muwa wannabe without a mask.
Reusable scenes, characters, lines.... Ah, the C.E.-verse. ^_^

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 11:43   Link #47
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Maybe having someone else work on the serie would be nice and please no reused scenes and no recaps I think it would be necessary to create baddies who are on Kira's level so we get real fighting and no more 'Kira's so good he doesn't need to kill anymore he just disables enemy units'
Fukuda did mess up big time altering nice characters e.g Cagalli who used to be an acting hero and in GSD turned out to be useless and only good at crying character
and not really bothering creating unique Gundams just taking them from other series or just making upgraded versions of old ones (Akatsuki = Hyakushiki Destiny = a 3 in 1 improved impulse Legend = upgraded Providence ) the story wasn't that good although I did enjoy watching the serie
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 19:49   Link #48
galeon110

grrrr, I WANT MORE SEEEEED!!!!
galeon110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 00:09   Link #49
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

gs series is still going besides there is the fan disc gs supernova.

also fanfic & etc besides there that gs the movie & also 3rd top secret season of gs.

cause the gs is really by far the most emotional, dramatic, feelings, contraverstal, shocking, omg, revolutionize, etc gundam series ever.

that i would even like to see gs remake into a live action tv series or movies!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 02:29   Link #50
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Wasn't that Gundam Seed Club supposed to be animated? Whatever happened to that?

I say, nice way to trilogy it with that lol
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 02:33   Link #51
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Wasn't that Gundam Seed Club supposed to be animated? Whatever happened to that?

I say, nice way to trilogy it with that lol
GSC will be a special release coming along with the fandisk, so technically it's like an extra fan-material. It's not like it's large enough to considered a part of a trilogy.

Go to the other thread that discusses about it. We can see some mag-print screen teases...with Kira/Athrun playing Famicon with their freaking helmets! and CHIBI-LagoWe! Man, that's awesome as hell.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 05:49   Link #52
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post

cause the gs is really by far the most emotional, dramatic, feelings, contraverstal, shocking, omg, revolutionize, etc gundam series ever.
Is it now?

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how rehashing plenty of old Gundam concepts can make for a dramatic, controversial, shocking and revolutionizing Gundam series. GS is good, for sure, but I think you are.. well... a weeeeeee bit biased and that your judgement is clouded because of it.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 07:50   Link #53
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^and to think this guy hasn't watched a microsecond of UC....lol, just lol...

He brags that he's only watched AC and CE...lol
Old 2007-06-06, 11:16   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Is it now?

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how rehashing plenty of old Gundam concepts can make for a dramatic, controversial, shocking and revolutionizing Gundam series. GS is good, for sure, but I think you are.. well... a weeeeeee bit biased and that your judgement is clouded because of it.
It is the presentation that counts, not the originality of the content (what is "original" nowdays anyway ), especially if we are talking about things like dramatic/shocking, which would be emotional reactions.
Old 2007-06-06, 12:47   Link #55
brightman
Ancient Member

Hmm...

Dramatic: I would say Seed is the most dramatic out of them all... In fact its so dramatic it comes off more as a J-dorama than a mecha show
Controversial: KxF s3x0r, nuff said
Shocking: Yes, the way Destiny was handled was PURE SUCKING!!!!! (oh wait...)
Revolutionizing: Seed revolutionized Gundam so much it is now THE Gundam series for many!!! Its so revolutionizing that its THE ONLY GUNDAM KIDS WATCH!!

So I agree wholeheartedly that Seed is the most dramatic, controversial, shocking and revolutionizing Gundam out there!
Old 2007-06-06, 13:55   Link #56
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
I never liked Gundam or Mecha in the past but when I stumbled upon Gundam Seed (actual human action), it really charged my view towards mecha anime. I've tried watching Gundam Wing before but it didnt suit my tastes. I'll probably give it a second go.
Old 2007-06-06, 16:28   Link #57
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthere! View Post
I never liked Gundam or Mecha in the past but when I stumbled upon Gundam Seed (actual human action), it really charged my view towards mecha anime. I've tried watching Gundam Wing before but it didnt suit my tastes. I'll probably give it a second go.
Do give Turn A Gundam and Gundam X a chance aswell. Those two are heavily underestimated and thus rarely mentioned so a lot of people who are new to Gundam generally tend to miss out on them.

Since I don´t want to be solely off-topic.

I really want a third season but I don´t see one in the near future. If you think about it. Something a lot of cunning writers in here as already done.

We´ve already had two seasons of SEED. In a time where SEED pretty has been all we´ve got when it comes to Gundam. Now, we´re getting a totally new show outside of UC, CE and even AU and at the same time a SEED movie is in the works. Just looking at it objectively, I don´t think there´s anything at all that hints towards a third season at this point. Perhaps I´ll change my mind after the movie has aired but it´s easy to compare CE with UC and well... I don´t think Fukuda thinks it´s such a bad idéa to end SEED with an "epic movie where quality has been emphasized 100%"

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 17:25   Link #58
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Is it now?

amen to that.

D-KLAC: Ok, minus GSD. period.

I feel sorry for Shinn, but I don't hate that guy when I found ou that he was poorly developed as a character. Maybe he'll be a great character if he's like this:

Kenichi Suzumura is the VA of this guy. XP

Or...

What if Shinn is a Kamille Bidan-like character w/ a Kratos-like badass-ness and attitude, if u know God of War.

Last edited by Shinn_Kabuto; 2007-06-06 at 18:04.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 19:12   Link #59
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
What if Shinn is a Kamille Bidan-like character w/ a Kratos-like badass-ness and attitude, if u know God of War.
Then he would actually have been funny
Old 2007-06-06, 21:00   Link #60
overthere!

Shinn might've been a better character if his life wasn't so random:

Spoiler for Random Girl & Shinn:

Correct me if I'm wrong

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep