AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-05, 12:39   Link #1
BarMan

Thumbs up Who's your favorite Naruto subber!?

Personally I like ANBU & AonE, but I would like to know other really good groups if for some reason I can't get/watch a A&A version.

Thanks
Old 2004-08-05, 12:51   Link #2
indo

AH i love them now because they are the fastest at the moment. SO i good too but they aren't as fast as AH oh and personally i think AH has the best opening song karaoke letters there's is the only one i can read without hurting my eyes
Old 2004-08-05, 12:54   Link #3
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Right now, the list for me goes as follows.

1 - By a slim margine, [SO-SD]. Always reliable subbing and quick releases.
2 - Bakafish - Great quality, good subbing, always the first release. They'll be away for a while though.
3 - S.G. Anime - Another speedsubber with class. 80% of the time, great quality and subbing. (Gone as well...)
4 - Anime-Heaven - Fast, fast, fast. Very iffy quality. Subtitles can be almost unreadable.
5 - Dead last, ANBU-AONE. You can dress up a sub as much as you want with fagtacular karaoke and nice fonts, but that doesn't excuse the sloooooow releases. The quality and subs are as good as or occasionaly slightly better than Shin-Otaku.
Old 2004-08-05, 12:55   Link #4
AssertnFailure
Where's the ladies?

TW.......
then AA

the main problem i had with AA was their font being too hard to read on tv.....but ever since they fixed that......they are just about as good as TW

however i kinda wish TW would go and release eps at least up until the point where AA fixed the font.......

nothing personal to SO, but ive lost faith in them after seeing several different releases of theirs with horribly wrong translations.....the kind of errors that can alter the very plot itself
Old 2004-08-05, 12:59   Link #5
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
anbu-aone

(filling space)
Old 2004-08-05, 13:04   Link #6
BarMan

I don't care about fast releases really, I just like quality.

SO doesn't have that great a quality sub to me, the colors are duller and the translations are off. They make a sentence one word, like:

"Damn it, I have to save everyone!"

to

"Shit..."

I started laughing when I saw that lol

EDOT: Who's TW!?
Old 2004-08-05, 13:09   Link #7
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Baka fish was my fave....
Old 2004-08-05, 13:17   Link #8
gee

Toryama World of course (but they are getting really slow now :-', over half of the serie behind ).
Old 2004-08-05, 13:46   Link #9
7thMethuselah

the best is and was Toriyama's World but they kinda dropped out of the race, I wonder if they'll ever try to get back with the show?

So imo we only have one fansubber that is 100% of the time relaible : ANBU & AonE
Old 2004-08-05, 13:49   Link #10
Late
Peelo

ANBU & AonE. No doubt about it.

Shouldn't this be a poll?
Old 2004-08-05, 13:57   Link #11
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
"Who's your favorite Naruto subber!?"

Me.
Old 2004-08-05, 16:01   Link #12
BarMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
ANBU & AonE. No doubt about it.

Shouldn't this be a poll?
lollerskates! you're right but I don't know enough subbers to even make a poll lmao
I only know A&A and SO

I am getting into this whole fansub thing, I love anime and this is like a new world to me, I didn't know fansubs existed a month ago
Old 2004-08-05, 16:05   Link #13
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

*sigh* ... when will it stop ...
Old 2004-08-05, 16:16   Link #14
Syurge
Less than Humorous

I think we had this subject a week ago or something... Either way, I guess i'll change my answer now that this is a new one, and I can do that and noone will be the wiser... well, now they will be the wiser, since i just said that that's what I'm doing... sigh.. anyway...

1. Toryiamo World
2. AonE/Anime Heaven - The only reason these two are tied is because AH releases a quality sub soo much faster then anyone else... AonE has the highest quality subs available atm.

I don't D/L any other subs cause they don't compare to TW/AonE/AH...
Old 2004-08-05, 16:22   Link #15
Struggler

TW was the best.
Old 2004-08-05, 16:26   Link #16
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
I'd have to say ANBU AonE because they have best quality and AH because they release fastest
Old 2004-08-05, 17:23   Link #17
NL|MegaMika

ANBU & AnimeOne for sure. No explanation neccessary. AnimeHeavens does a great job as well, taking into mind that they only take half a day after the Japanese airing, but I replace whichever sub with AA's.
Old 2004-08-05, 19:10   Link #18
aptenergy

I used to be an ANBU & AonE fan, but I disagree with a couple of things about their translation, and now I'm actually going for Anime-Heaven:

- A&A translate the techniques into English, like "Replication Technique." I just think that's a bad idea. IMHO it's better to leave some Japanese in the anime. (If they really wanted to, they could rename all the characters, like Naruto -> Nathan and Jiraiya -> Jerry and Tsunade to Teresa, but... ugh. you get the point). Best solution for me would be to put the Japanese name as the main label, and then place something above that explains what it means (like TW did).

- Some whether it's appropriate to always do a full translation or do a "follow the spirit" translation. I would say be literal on where it matters (i.e. specific things about a person's powers, or anything very plot-related, etc.) and more meaning-based on things that don't. I've seen some really badly worded translations in A&A's translations that could have communicated the same meaning without being so wordy.

AH does seem to do a good job of getting across what people are saying as opposed to a literal translation.

Yeah yeah I bet this thread has existed elsewhere but I might as well.
Old 2004-08-05, 20:42   Link #19
Mezu
The Guardian

ANBU cause the ANBU are the elite

Last edited by Mezu; 2004-08-05 at 20:54.
Old 2004-08-05, 21:13   Link #20
Zek
Eyebrows...

Anime Heaven has improved a lot since their first release, but that is saying very little. They're still speedsubbers and the quality of their translations is iffy at best; sometimes they misunderstand the word said(like "It can't be..." instead of "Blood..." in 94) and sometimes their sentences are very poorly worded. They're decent enough that I download them for the speed(since Shin-Otaku seems to have slowed down lately in favor of quality), and then just wait for Anbu & AOne.
Closed Thread