AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 14 14.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 15.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.09%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.03%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-23, 12:27   Link #21
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I am actually putting those 10% under the question... More like 1%...

Besides I liked Louise. Though again novel Louise and not anime one, but she still can be pretty bitchy. Yet she shows here dere side to Saito from time to time and makes it all up (or not as bad).

Taiga may become sweeter to Ryuuji later but for now she most defiantely is not.

And I don't really count Haruhi's behavior as bitchy. More like crazy. Taiga is much more mean than Haruhi.
Old 2008-10-23, 13:08   Link #22
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Putting trivial tsundere debates aside, it seems Furukawa Bakery has successfully opened a branch in Taiga's town.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/1...o-in-toradora/
Old 2008-10-23, 13:14   Link #23
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Putting trivial tsundere debates aside, it seems Furukawa Bakery has successfully opened a branch in Taiga's town.

Just for people who don't know much about Sankaku Complex the site's NSFW
Old 2008-10-23, 15:51   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally-Back-On-The-Net-Damn-It.
Kusokusokusokusokusokusokusokusokusokusokuso

Let's see...

Yeah, that's right, remember now...

Hah... It's simply to tolerate a story with annoying characters, or a bad story with good characters, but when the story is bad along with annoying characters, I just don't know anymore... Not only that, but this seems to be getting 24-26 episodes...

A rather boring episode, though I was surprised they added some of the material they originally skipped. Lots of Taiga acting like... something... And that's about it. We get a little proof that Kitamura isn't just a stalker idiot too.

It's surprising. Although it became "easier" to watch this, now that I don't have to read mountains of text, the voices only make the characters better or worse. In this case, mostly worse. Taiga was already annoying for the way she treated Ryuuji, but we have great Kugimiya to make it worse.
And Ami... that bi*** (<--hate this word, but the easiest way to describe her, so...), now she gets a voice. I can only imagine...

Mah.......... Maybe I'll give it another episode next week... If I'm in the mood. Also prepare Hyakko on the side, so I can quickly switch to it when Ami starts to piss me off...
Ah-ah, wish Tamura-kun got animated instead...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-23, 16:18   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
For being original material? I am surprised at how enjoyable this has been since the horrors that is ep 2...

Fair enough that they stripped away a lot of Tsun scenes but that is only because I feel that it is for the better. Honestly...K Rie should use THIS loli voice more often...it is easier on the ears.

The pacing was rather slow though...not sure if it will become boring if this pacing remains for a few more episodes. At least I am rather impressed by how likable Minori is in the anime...her manga version never appealed to me much

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-10-23, 16:22   Link #26
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I really liked this episode. Taiga is much better when she's not kicking and punching all the time, and she had alot of cute moments in the ep too. That SC pres was pretty amusing too, funny how she was talking about forgetting that handbook when she herself forgot things as she was talking . Glad they added the lunch scene in there from earlier in the manga. Hopefully they can continue to keep Taiga balanced this way(eps where she's cute, and eps where she's not so).
Old 2008-10-23, 16:46   Link #27
Darknemo2000

Deathkillz, in fact if we look closer we would see that dere scenes towards Ryuuji doenst really exist or are very little. I guess we all got tricted by her getting dere about Kitamura. But when you look at her relationship with Ryuuji, then she is even worser than Louise.

Juts imagine how would Taiga act if she ended with such 'gift' as Saito... Pervert 24/7, can't cook, not tidy (needs Louise to force him to), thinks with his second end and is always ready to retort something bad back at you (while Ryuuji in most cases just smiles, understanding)...
Old 2008-10-23, 17:55   Link #28
msuwildog80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Deathkillz, in fact if we look closer we would see that dere scenes towards Ryuuji doenst really exist or are very little. I guess we all got tricted by her getting dere about Kitamura. But when you look at her relationship with Ryuuji, then she is even worser than Louise.

Juts imagine how would Taiga act if she ended with such 'gift' as Saito... Pervert 24/7, can't cook, not tidy (needs Louise to force him to), thinks with his second end and is always ready to retort something bad back at you (while Ryuuji in most cases just smiles, understanding)...
You know, thats what I been thinking. Its not just that shes being bitchy and overall unpleasant. The anime has also shown me 0 instances of geniune chemistry between Ryuji and Taiga. I dont think they enjoy each other's company.. god knows that flying kicks cant be pleasant to give or receive.

In the novels, I always assume that if taken out the romatic undertones, Taiga still realizes that Ryuji is doing everything for her and asking for nothing in return. Here it seems that all Taiga wants is a slave.. it would actually make me feel better if she pays him for his services (makes him more realistic).

Also as mentioned above.. I can handle stupid situations with good casts... or good situation with stupid casts. But when you combine the two, it just makes you wonder..what is there to enjoy?
Old 2008-10-23, 18:02   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well, if it hasn't turned around for you by ep 5 or 6... in my case, I usually drop such a series. I've already dropped 3 or 4 this season. From an anime-only viewpoint, I'm seeing some "chemistry" (though its mostly been in ep 1,2, and 4) but that's always a subjective judgement. I'll agree they would have rendered a more complex textured show if they'd retained some of the extra moments that better explain why Ryuuji puts up with the tiger doll.
Old 2008-10-23, 18:15   Link #30
Darknemo2000

msuwildog80, personally I think that chemistry between Taiga and Ryuuji if present is not made by them both but by Ryuuji, Taiga doesn't really take part in it. Ryyuji just takes shape so that he could suit/match Taiga well and help her, however, Taiga on her own return doenst give much back to Ryuuji (if we dont count insults or physicak hits).

So in a sense this chemistry is not a real chemistry, because if you put Ryuuji with Louise there will be similar chemistry, with Shana - as well, maybe if Ayano too... Ryuuji is a character that is able to adopt himself but still keep his spine intact (not like Shinji from evangelion). Making him an interesting character to watch.

Personally though the name should suggest that there is a chemistry from them both, so far I can see it coming from Ryuuji but nothing much from Taiga, in novel and manga it is better as the do things in more detail and slower pace (though this particular episode was quite slow, too bad that it was mostly just about drooling).
Old 2008-10-23, 19:13   Link #31
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

stalker much? my first thought about this ep. second, not enough minorin. third, makes me dislike Taiga even more. the show could have been avoided had she not have frozen up.

but it made me laugh out loud in several places, so this was a good ep.
Old 2008-10-23, 19:31   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well... the series is not about fine average people.. .its about a group of really really flawed people they're all dysfunctional basketcases in some way.

I guess the question is can they muddle along anyway somehow.
Old 2008-10-23, 21:03   Link #33
typhonsentra

I don't think Ryuuji is very flawed though. The only problem he has is out of his control.
Old 2008-10-23, 22:45   Link #34
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

The whole lot of you people are complete idiots.

This anime adaptation continues to intertwine original material with the source (manga / novel / what have you) to create some really fantastic work.

Too many of you are stuck in this rut of having to compare it to what came before instead of simply enjoying it on its own. Sure, you can say it's inevitable to compare it, but really every anime based on a manga is meant to stand on its own two feet and create its own presence, otherwise why would you bother watching it?

J.C is doing a really, really great job of giving this series its own unique soul in animated form and I'm really thankful for it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-10-23, 23:45   Link #35
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

after watching all of this ep the only thing left at the end was a "WTF is up with that bird?!" thought

also Sayaka Ohara as Yasuko really is just win!
Old 2008-10-23, 23:49   Link #36
davie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post

Haha, nice find Will Clannad -AS- return the favor ?
Old 2008-10-23, 23:49   Link #37
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't think Ryuuji is very flawed though. The only problem he has is out of his control.
Excuse me? Mr. Mold Obsessive Cleanliness????? He's neurotic on the subject of cleanliness.

general review:
Well, after watching ep 4 several times (1 raw, twice subbed), I think its a heck of an endearing comical tragedy. Taiga is one precious ball of emotional tangle unable to sort out her feelings and express them properly to anyone. Ryuuji sees that quite clearly and cares for her, good or bad (he's getting better at sidestepping as well). Taiga is thankful that there are people who accept her for what she is. They each still have their emotional goals though -- completely unaware pudding-covered Minorin and "moved on" Kitamura.

Extra points for the hilarious student council president's announcement sequence.

Meh.... I'm sticking with the series - whether it compares to the manga or novels, I'm enjoying all three interpretations. And as far as Taiga and Ryuuji, I just think of my wife who calls me "baka" and "buddha-head" over some silly thing and then curls up against me on the couch and falls asleep.
loli-tsundere for the win....

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-10-24 at 01:59.
Old 2008-10-24, 01:08   Link #38
Darknemo2000

Obsessive cleanliness? I would choose that everyday, over any kind of obsession... Makes alife of a slob so much easier.

msuwildog80, weell I agree with you at this point that phrases at this moment would

Spoiler for phrase:
Old 2008-10-24, 01:27   Link #39
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Pretty average episode for me. Maybe reading these forums spoilt it for me, but Kitamura's confession didn't surprise me, so there wasn't really a definitive moment of this ep to distinguish it above the others.
Old 2008-10-24, 01:36   Link #40
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

The best scene ever in TD 4

I can't stop laughing watching this scene...how she from being fierce towards the student council president suddenly becomes tame and shy when Kitamura lifted her up.Se is just too cute when she nod her head like that when Kitamura asked her to calm down.

Now that raises a question in my head...if Kitamura happens to touch Taiga's chest..will it follow the same scene as Saito touching Louise's chest or Taiga will faint and having a massive wonderful daydreaming for the next few days.
Closed Thread