AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-02, 13:25   Link #241
mdauben

I just got a chance to view the Yamayuri fansub of episode 5 yesterday. I did not do a side by side comparison of the differences between this and the soft-sub version that were done by someone else a while ago, but for whatever reason I seem to find the episode more enjoyable in Yamayuri's version.

I still don't think it is the strongest of the five OVA's, but I have rethought a lot of the... disappointment I felt on my first viewing.

Good job, Yamayuri, and thanks!
Old 2007-09-02, 14:04   Link #242
Jman502005
Meh...

Send a message via AIM to Jman502005 Send a message via MSN to Jman502005 Send a message via Yahoo to Jman502005
I think this episode did a lot to translate into the 4th season’s big question, whom is Yumi going to pick as her petite soeur? Throughout OVA 5, they made her think about it time and again on which one she wanted to choose, Touko or Kanako? Overall, episode 5 was the third favorite of the 5 OVA series, behind ep's 4 & 1.

Now I know there are those here that have read the manga and know who she chooses, the statement above is for us following the animated story.

Eugh, now the long dreaded wait that comes in between the 3rd and 4th seasons. I just hope it isn't too long.

Old 2007-09-02, 19:21   Link #243
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
What a lovely episode to watch. I especially liked it because it kind of got the Soeurs out of the shadow of the Onee-sans. Yumi had several just ungodly cute moments that i will have to make avatars out of. However i think the person that stole my heart in this episode was Shimako watching her cry while was she gazes at Michelangelos's The last Judgment was adorable.

Also, im sure im not the only who guessed that there was no way Sachiko was going to receive that post card before Yumi actually got back to Japan which made the whole meeting between the 2 at the end even more special. I loved how Sachiko ended the conversation by saying "I wasnt the only one that was lonely" That alone for me made this episode even more worth watching. Even the line when she said she was cherish the card and pictures she got forever. I am so ready for season 4 I can hardly wait. I think day before for the first episode airs I will do a marathon of all the seasons.
Old 2007-09-03, 03:02   Link #244
Kimmie-chan

Send a message via MSN to Kimmie-chan
Was there any significance in the very last scene where Yumi pinches her ear, after she gets herself and Sachiko all embarassed? ^^
Old 2007-09-03, 14:57   Link #245
AnimeJock
AnimeJock

Send a message via AIM to AnimeJock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie-chan View Post
Was there any significance in the very last scene where Yumi pinches her ear, after she gets herself and Sachiko all embarassed? ^^
I was wondering the same thing myself. I've seen the episode once and the ending a couple of times due to another forum I was posting. I disagreed with them >_<.
Old 2007-09-04, 00:59   Link #246
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
First of, hi AnimeJock! I noticed your a new member! Welcome to the discussions!

Anyway, about the Yumi pinching her ear, I guess she was just kind of 'tensed' with the current interaction that she needed to pinch herself. (I do that to myself, lol)

Tell me, this other forum's discussion seems interesting, what were you disagreeing with them about? =/
Old 2007-09-04, 03:31   Link #247
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Lililicious
Also, a brief status update on the Lililicious-Otenba team's sub of the Marimite third season OVAs, since it's been a while: the project is not on hiatus. Our typesetter's computer problems have recently been fixed, so she's slaving away at both 4 and 5 now. One never knows what might go wrong in the future, but I'm hopeful that there will be no more major delays (And by saying that I've doomed us, haven't I? lol).
Looks like Lililicious fansubbers are on their way.. n_n

And I'm gonna download their version too and watch it all over again.. :3
Old 2007-09-04, 10:30   Link #248
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

OMG, you addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie
Anyway, haven't watched/repeated looking at this anime for quite a long time (1 to 2 months)

For the past months, let's take a look at my record..

1st Season ~~~ (Watched 7 times)
2nd Season ~~~ (Watched 4 or 5 times)
1st OVA ~~~ (Watched 7+ times) <Best OVA so far for me!>
2nd OVA ~~~ (Watched 3 times) <Quite Disappointed>
3rd OVA ~~~ (Watched 7 times) <OMG is that Sachiko!? :-o >
4th OVA ~~~ (Watched 2 times) <Quite Disappointed, again>
5th OVA ~~~ (Watched 3 times) <Quite Lovely! >

You are now a certified Maria-sama Otaku!!
Old 2007-09-04, 12:50   Link #249
Yumi-san

sorry, I saw RAW, so i can't undestand the ending, what's Sachiko say, why she looks shy, please explain?
Old 2007-09-04, 13:16   Link #250
AnimeJock
AnimeJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumi-san View Post
sorry, I saw RAW, so i can't undestand the ending, what's Sachiko say, why she looks shy, please explain?
Spoiler for Last scene with Yumi and Sachiko:

Last edited by AnimeJock; 2007-09-04 at 13:30.
Old 2007-09-04, 13:29   Link #251
AnimeJock
AnimeJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
First of, hi AnimeJock! I noticed your a new member! Welcome to the discussions!

Anyway, about the Yumi pinching her ear, I guess she was just kind of 'tensed' with the current interaction that she needed to pinch herself. (I do that to myself, lol)

Tell me, this other forum's discussion seems interesting, what were you disagreeing with them about? =/
Why hello to you too . Yes, I'm a newbie to the forum. My wife and roommate got sick of me talking about the recent series I've been watching, so I figured why the hell not?

I actually watched all 3 series in about a 4 day span. I had a copy for a while, but it took me a while to start it, and now I'm addicted, lol. Anyhoo, I'm also a newbie in the yuri world and I was reading up on the series on another forum. Pretty much they were trying to argue whether Yumi and Sachiko are together or are going to get together. And of course, the most obvious choice, it's just a close sisterly love.

Ever go on Erica Friedman's blog site Ozaku? That's where the debate took place in a way. I read her review and apparently she was making a decision based on the ending of the 5th OVA. Which in my opinion, you can't judge one way or the other (though I have my theories). Especially because this episode has the least ammount of screen time between Yumi and Sachiko, I don't think someone can make an accurate assumption of where it's going. However, I do not read the Manga's and from my understanding, the anime isn't too far off.

I'm going gaga to see the 4th season, although it'll take forever. I'm also nervous about how they are going to handle Yumi and Sachiko's relationship once graduation approaches.
Old 2007-09-04, 16:55   Link #252
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Quote:
I thought this might've been because she was in disbelief that Sachiko returned her sense of longing while she was away ('I wasn't the only lonely one'), and she pinched herself to make sure she wasn't just imagining it.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:24   Link #253
AnimeJock
AnimeJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah89 View Post
I thought this might've been because she was in disbelief that Sachiko returned her sense of longing while she was away ('I wasn't the only lonely one'), and she pinched herself to make sure she wasn't just imagining it.
Oo, good assumption.
Old 2007-09-05, 05:30   Link #254
Stephanie

lol

@Yumi-san
The 5th OVA official fansub is out! You should definitely download it! :3

@Anime Jock
Ahh, that topic again..
Well, go read around a few pages back from here and "Romance in Maria-sama" Thread, you'll see the views on why it is sisterly love and why not.. =P

As for me, yeah, I wouldn't act all that jazz with even just my bestfriend.. I only act like that when, well.. lol. So, therefore, for me, it kinda is, but somehow what not.. More on 'it is' though, all those tension and blushing.. Hehe..

Click
Old 2007-09-05, 07:56   Link #255
Stephanie

Maria-sama niwa Naisho! 5th OVA special! =P

Old 2007-09-05, 08:50   Link #256
AnimeJock
AnimeJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
@Anime Jock
Ahh, that topic again..
Well, go read around a few pages back from here and "Romance in Maria-sama" Thread, you'll see the views on why it is sisterly love and why not.. =P

Click
Ha-ha, I found it.
Old 2007-09-05, 20:13   Link #257
farr5792

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah89 View Post
It's not like that, Yumi didnt pinched herself, she just touch her earlobe.
She just realised that she and Sachiko had the same red ears (when they both got embarassed).
Old 2007-09-05, 21:04   Link #258
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Really? I didn't see Sachiko's ear as red..

Anyway, when Yumi got back from her trip, Sachiko was like, "Did you bring something for the 1st years as well?"

When Yumi said she also brought something for Hanadera for helping them out in School Festival, Sachiko's face turned stern!

She said, "If you do that, everyone will think you're a flirt.."

But I think what she really wanted to say is, "Yumi, you're such a flirt!"
Old 2007-09-06, 00:47   Link #259
farr5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour View Post
Really? I didn't see Sachiko's ear as red..
It's from the seventeenth novel. The notes is available on the Yuricon Mailing List.

Spoiler for After Sachiko said "I'll never forget this for the rest of my life":
Old 2007-09-06, 05:19   Link #260
Confessa
A White Rose

Thumbs up

Ah Stephanie, cute vid! I love Sachiko's voice..
Closed Thread