AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 26 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 57 12.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 12.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 68 15.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 62 14.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 4.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 24 5.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 2.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 12 2.73%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 16.40%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-29, 01:46   Link #441
Jman502005
Meh...

Send a message via AIM to Jman502005 Send a message via MSN to Jman502005 Send a message via Yahoo to Jman502005
Quote:
Originally Posted by coroloro View Post
I agree with Jman, about them making Raki into a male claymore- I was kind of hoping for that much of the anime. I still think they should do that. As for "the org would not do it, Clare wouldn't allow it"... hey, as a writer, if you WANT something to happen you CAN THINK of ways to MAKE it happen. *laughs* We don't know the org yet, and there are always ways to bring up a rogue person in it, or a faction, or even have an AB make use of the org in some fashion to implant Raki with yoma for some devious purpose. *laughs* Come on, be more creative here people! And of course Clare wouldn't -want- it, but there are plenty of ways to write her out of the equation or make her unable to do anything to stop it.

Again, the writer has a great deal of power. In the end, it is -all- about what the -writer- wants to do .The more realistic reason why it might not happen is because the writer wants to keep a 'human' aspect to the story. But as soon as the writer no longer wishes that, or adds some other element to replace Raki- well, all bets are off.

I'm still rooting for Raki becoming a male Claymore!
I'm just saying that so that we can get rid of this wuss Raki and make him actually be able to do something in the future. He's dragging this story into the ground right now.

Yeah, you do have a point, it wouldn't be to hard for the Organization to do something like that. That, and it wouldn't be beyond them to kidnap him for 'experimentation'.
Old 2007-09-29, 02:51   Link #442
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Ho-hum. So the cast finally realizes that the real villain is The Organization.

The various major AB characters are cast in a pretty positive light. A bit more human than you'd expect. And unionized Yoma never seem to make a credible threat.

What took them so long?
Old 2007-09-29, 03:26   Link #443
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I heard my name being mentioned. Is that a good thing or bad thing I wonder. Hahahhahaha.

Yes I am old fashioned type of anime fan. I can wait for epics to finish and enjoy the process slowly.

Thats totally opposite of me stormy. Last anime was code geass and recent was claymore. I actually started watching raws lately too since I couldn't wait for them to be subbed (even though eclipses usually release it a day after the RAW. Great sub group btw) I found out that I can actually understand a pretty good amount of japanese. It was shocking! KONBANWA PIETA NO MACHI NO MINA SAN SOSHITE SAYONARA (lol not sure if thats correct)

P.S update your blog jesus its empty.
Old 2007-09-29, 05:39   Link #444
karasuma

Seriously, even I don't read the manga, the ending got to be made up since they are so out of character, and the plot is so cheezy.

1) Yea, Miria and company for some reason think they can beat Priscilla without power up... Yea, right.
2) Gundam like awakening of Clare. So not yoma like. Also ugly to look at. They all have their distort face restored after awakening, but not clare.
3) Cheezy plot to end after all these built up.
4) Easley basically let them go. Yea right, after he lost people like Ricardo.

Oh well, the manga is not done yet. So, I guess they have no choice.
Old 2007-09-29, 05:49   Link #445
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Gundam-like awakening? I assume you mean in the context of Gundam Seed/Destiny, since the rest of Gundam isn't like that...

Easley letting them go is probably wise, since he lost most/all of his forces. Besides, recovering Priscilla seems to be more important to him than killing what's left of the Pieta strike force. Remember that they had little allegiance with the Org by that point in time, and are thus not natural enemies with Easley. Watching even Priscilla lose probably took away his appetite and left him with a bad taste in the mouth, LOL.

What peeves me most is how they separated at the end - no reason whatsoever.

"I guess this is it. It's been nice knowing you all, and it would really rock to travel as a group and be known for our legendary exploits while we hide behind the scenes, but I'm a little Raki-inspired and would like to find a human husband and see for myself how awesome a human dick is. So let's part ways; good luck if Raphaela finds you ;-)"

Last edited by kureshii; 2007-09-29 at 09:40.
Old 2007-09-29, 05:54   Link #446
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There was nothing wise about it. Even if he knew they weren't loyal to the org (and how? Telepathy?), they were still his enemies. It would have been far better to crush them while they were exhausted by the Priscilla fight.

Unless, I don't know, he became enamored with Clare's awakened form, and hoped to see her fully Awaken and join him.
Old 2007-09-29, 07:34   Link #447
BBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasuma View Post
2) Gundam like awakening of Clare. So not yoma like. Also ugly to look at. They all have their distort face restored after awakening, but not clare.
She hadn't fully awakened yet.
Old 2007-09-29, 09:47   Link #448
kureshii
Disabled By Request

While Miria et al. maybe have been exhausted by the fight, Clare's status is still unknown - was she mentally tired, brought to her knees by Jeane's death, or does she still have enough to put up a good fight? Easley could probably have killed almost all of them with some effort, but I guess watching Priscilla fall just shocked him a little. After all, he didn't seem pissed, just irritated . And I think he was more concerned about getting Prissie rested up than about finishing them off.

Maybe, just maybe, he saw them as potential allies too - he used to be a Claymore after all, and I suppose anyone who can put themselves in their shoes would have thought of deserting the Org. He should know one or two dark secrets about it, as well.

Well, that's speculating a little, I guess. Making Easley let them off is also probably the only way to end the series in 26 episodes, given how things had developed up until episode 24/25.
Old 2007-09-29, 10:58   Link #449
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by coroloro View Post
as a writer, if you WANT something to happen you CAN THINK of ways to MAKE it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
As a shitty writer, you can. Good writers work under stronger constraints.
You are so right Anh Minh.

Why did the whole final boss fight actually happen? Why did Issy and Prissy go to Pieta in the first place? Why were ABs send to fight in Pieta anyway? Did I miss something or did they actually give no reason at all .......... that's a ridiculously big plot hole.
Old 2007-09-29, 11:18   Link #450
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

The Jean/Clare part made me tear up...
Old 2007-09-29, 12:03   Link #451
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureshii View Post
Gundam-like awakening? I assume you mean in the context of Gundam Seed/Destiny, since the rest of Gundam isn't like that...

Easley letting them go is probably wise, since he lost most/all of his forces. Besides, recovering Priscilla seems to be more important to him than killing what's left of the Pieta strike force. Remember that they had little allegiance with the Org by that point in time, and are thus not natural enemies with Easley. Watching even Priscilla lose probably took away his appetite and left him with a bad taste in the mouth, LOL.

What peeves me most is how they separated at the end - no reason whatsoever.

"I guess this is it. It's been nice knowing you all, and it would really rock to travel as a group and be known for our legendary exploits while we hide behind the scenes, but I'm a little Raki-inspired and would like to find a human husband and see for myself how awesome a human dick is. So let's part ways; good luck if Raphaela finds you ;-)"

It´s the anime end. We have the manga, at least people will like the manga.
Old 2007-09-29, 12:23   Link #452
Godly_senselessness

Claymore is one of the rarest and most intense storylines to have come into the fray in my recent memory.It is sad that its been massacred so towards the end.
Old 2007-09-29, 16:44   Link #453
Jman502005
Meh...

Send a message via AIM to Jman502005 Send a message via MSN to Jman502005 Send a message via Yahoo to Jman502005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
You are so right Anh Minh.

Why did the whole final boss fight actually happen? Why did Issy and Prissy go to Pieta in the first place? Why were ABs send to fight in Pieta anyway? Did I miss something or did they actually give no reason at all .......... that's a ridiculously big plot hole.
If I remember correctly, wasn't he just wanting to move south? Guess he got tired of the snow and the unsightly landscape. Lol. Anyway, it never did 100% says why he did want to go south. Also Riful, the character in the show, said that he just started acting up once he defeated Priscilla, and that she and the one in the south were going to war against him. That's what I remember.
Old 2007-09-29, 17:55   Link #454
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

The attack on pieta was a counter measure against the org sending all those claymore's there to attack them (slow them). He wanted 'nothing left alive' as an example.

Old 2007-09-29, 21:02   Link #455
Joka

I voted for 4/10.

Up to about episode 20 this was very good. The final 2 episodes shat on the story, everything that had been build up so far, and everything to come.

Fuck the developers and their stupid and incompetent ways of handling the show. Everything was screwed with a shitty and rushed ending. You want to know the funny part about this? I have never read the manga, which is supposedly 10000000 times better, and I still think the anime adaptation was shit.
Old 2007-09-29, 22:33   Link #456
kureshii
Disabled By Request

No surprise... because it does have a lousy ending, even when you're not comparing it with the manga.

Let's see... it started out as a campaign against Easley, with a party of 24. The first skirmish was quite well done, it still felt like a campaign of sorts... then they start getting slaughtered, still alright, but then Rigaldo steps in and the shit hits the fan.

Suddenly, 11 Claymores just disappear from the radar (24 original - 5 confirmed dead - 3 captains - fab 4+jeane), and sit around having their injuries nursed or nursing others. After that it's pretty much Clare vs Rigaldo, then Clare vs Priscilla, and then farewell.

WTH? We can only assume that the 11 unmentioned Claymores returned to the Org, while the Fab 4 went into hiding. It seems the writers had no idea what to do with those 11. They might just as well have killed them off.

Last edited by kureshii; 2007-09-30 at 05:18.
Old 2007-09-30, 00:02   Link #457
Jman502005
Meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureshii View Post
No surprise... because it does have a lousy ending, even when you're not comparing it with the manga.

Let's see... it started out as a campaign against Easley, with a party of 27. The first skirmish was quite well done, it still felt like a campaign of sorts... then they start getting slaughtered, still alright, but then Rigaldo steps in and the shit hits the fan.

Suddenly, 14 Claymores just disappear from the radar (27 original - 5 confirmed dead - 3 captains - fab 4+jeane), and sit around having their injuries nursed or nursing others. After that it's pretty much Clare vs Rigaldo, then Clare vs Priscilla, and then farewell.

WTH? We can only assume that the 14 unmentioned Claymores returned to the Org, while the Fab 4 went into hiding. It seems the writers had no idea what to do with those 14. They might just as well have killed them off.
Umm... I think you got the numbers mixed up. There were only 24 Claymore's in Pieta, while there were 27 AB's, I don't think that number includes Rigardo, Easley, and Priscilla, though don't quot me on that, also, I can't remember if that subtracted those 3 dead scout AB's.

Well, what are you supposed to do with fill in the space characters? They could barely stay alive during the conflict with those 3 weak scouts. They were weak and not many people cared really what happened to them. Also, it wasn't like you couldn't assume what they were going to do. They probably figure that everyone was heading back to the organization, and even if they find out that Miria, Helen, Deneve, Jeane, & Clare went into hiding, they'll just say they died in the fight with Priscilla like Jeane and everything will continue on as right as rain for the unsuspecting fill in Claymores.
Old 2007-09-30, 05:23   Link #458
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Ah, my bad, post edited.

Not knowing what to do with them and letting them sit around is one thing, totally leaving them out of the conclusive episode is another. There could at least have been a scene showing the Org picking them up, or the group of them walking back. Sure, there's a little mentioned by one of the MIB (can't remember which one) that he needs to go clean up, but it's not enough. I'm surprised none of them joined the Fab 4, though I suppose for S2 none of them are really needed since they got so little screen time and character development anyway.

Since the Org's only pair of eyes decided not to tell them anything (I didn't notice Raphaela there, in any case, unless my memory fails me yet again), they're just going to sweep up there, find Jeane's grave and assume a kind passerby buried her, huh.
Old 2007-09-30, 07:44   Link #459
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman502005 View Post
If I remember correctly, wasn't he just wanting to move south? Guess he got tired of the snow and the unsightly landscape. Lol. Anyway, it never did 100% says why he did want to go south. Also Riful, the character in the show, said that he just started acting up once he defeated Priscilla, and that she and the one in the south were going to war against him. That's what I remember.
Did they mention in the anime that he was going south? I don't remember. But what does he want south? Or is he just taking a walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
The attack on pieta was a counter measure against the org sending all those claymore's there to attack them (slow them). He wanted 'nothing left alive' as an example.
But all the Claymores were only send after Isley's followers had killed Eva and her team.

Why didn't he simply go wherever he wanted without sending all his army.

And why did he follow his army to Pieta instead of continuing to his real goal, if he had any.

It's pretty bad if an important final fight happens without a real reason, just like that (because the writers wanted it to).

In the anime it looks as if Isley was simply bored and decided to provoke the org a bit, just for fun.
Old 2007-09-30, 08:10   Link #460
hierophant
anime freak

LOL!!! Anime Raki saving powerful yomas! Very fit for him!

I knew he would hug someone

In my opinion this was one of the worst anime endings ever. I didn't believed it was possible, but the ending utterly wasted the whole anime.

Seriously. Too retarded. Trying to make the audience have empathy to Priscila after she killed Teresa and eaten more humans than most yomas together is by far the dumbest thing they could do. I could think of a hundred of better endings than this one even if I where drunk.

Seriously, it was too painful to watch, I had to control myself to not skip parts to not waste much time.

voted 1. That is more than this crap deserve.

Quote:
4) Easley basically let them go. Yea right, after he lost people like Ricardo.
I might add he didn't even helped Priscila, ...

Spoiler for manga events:
Closed Thread