AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-29, 22:33   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I'm definitely still concerned about Makoto's mental state. He's still got some humanity in him, but honestly he seems one push away from genocide. He's still good at reacting to his allies going over the edge and trying to reign them in, but can't do anything about himself. And no one is going to be motivated to ease him back either.

In that sense it's actually helpful that Shiki is basically on the same level as Mio and Tomoe in terms of having no common sense and being ready to fly off the handle at any possible moment. Makoto really thought he was playing it safe this way, but Shiki is way more explosive than he imagined. But again, still helpful since when Makoto is forced to react to the extremism of his followers he doesn't have time to go into his "I'm ready to kill everyone around me" mode.

At least everything worked out well. I'm not sure that assassin is actually alive considering he got booted out of the region while paralyzed and unable to break his fall. But...I guess that's how it goes when you are in that career path.
Old 2024-01-29, 23:57   Link #42
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I'm definitely still concerned about Makoto's mental state. He's still got some humanity in him, but honestly he seems one push away from genocide. He's still good at reacting to his allies going over the edge and trying to reign them in, but can't do anything about himself. And no one is going to be motivated to ease him back either.

In that sense it's actually helpful that Shiki is basically on the same level as Mio and Tomoe in terms of having no common sense and being ready to fly off the handle at any possible moment. Makoto really thought he was playing it safe this way, but Shiki is way more explosive than he imagined. But again, still helpful since when Makoto is forced to react to the extremism of his followers he doesn't have time to go into his "I'm ready to kill everyone around me" mode.

At least everything worked out well. I'm not sure that assassin is actually alive considering he got booted out of the region while paralyzed and unable to break his fall. But...I guess that's how it goes when you are in that career path.
I think Makoto is generally laidback and won't mess with anyone that doesn't mess with him (barring getting involved when he feels invested).
Old 2024-01-30, 08:44   Link #43
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
To be honest I thought too that the objective was the three different color orbs lol.
Makoto was dropped into the "teacher exam" without preparation. The other teacher candidates (who all looked seriously sus in my opinion) probably knew what the criterion for success in the exam was but the examiner flubbed the explanation and none of the others corrected him because they already knew what they had to do.
Old 2024-01-31, 01:28   Link #44
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 14:53   Link #45
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
YouTube
Makoto struggles with teaching, Mio struggles with cooking, Tomoe enjoys herself...and Luria's Luria's !
Old 2024-02-05, 11:34   Link #46
Frontier

Makoto finally accomplished what he set out to do, get approval to set up a shop in Rotsgard, though now he has an unforseen teaching job on-top of that...but at least he gets to frequent Luria's cafe and enjoy some hot pot with Shiki, and Luria is much more happy and charming one you get to know her! Not that Ilumgand is happy to see other guys getting chummy with her, but he also shouldn't be making deals with girls who randomly show up to him in alleys with propositions .

Bright seems way too nice to not be suspicious, even if he is sending students Makoto's way, though it's kind of funny how they think just being able to float is a sign of being an advanced mage in this setting .

The family member that Luria was telling Makoto about at the academy is none other than her older sister, Eva! Who is not only a hot librarian but also surprisingly shrewd and playful, and probably not someone you want to mess with. Especially when you notice she has a much smaller chest than her younger sister. She's got the polite demeanor and pretty face of Mio along with the same "you don't want to get on my bad side" energy .

Speaking of Mio, she's still on her quest to master cooking even if it means learning the absolute basics from scratch! My sympathies to Baretta having to teach her .

Makoto realizes his new class doesn't take him seriously and will probably judge him by his looks, so he knows he has to play hardball by taking a page out of Tomoe's book! That means assessing that the normal teachings of this school are lacking and demonstrating to the entire class with a practice bout against Shiki what real advanced magic is capable of. Not only does Shiki get to show off his own power but Makoto really makes a show of it in front of their class .

I like Abelia. Not only does she try to protect the other girls, even at risk to herself, but she falls pretty hard for Shiki! Can't blame her !

Makoto is becoming some fearsome God of Divine Retribution in the eyes of anyone who survived the aftermath of his attack. Tomoe is impressed .

So Makoto's final class is Mithra, from a temple family, Daena the married teenager expecting a child, Abelia who seems to have some issues with her prestigious brother, Izumo, and Takemichi...I mean, Jin, who has those "if this were another show I'd be the MC" vibe .

Of course Makoto has to test their limits by making them fight him...leaving Abelia puking in front of her crush and everyone felled pretty easily by him, but points for effort! And it lets Makoto assess the potential of his class .

I loved the cute Komoe scene transitions !

Ilumgand is using performance enhancers? I can't imagine he won't challenge Makoto at some point (to his humiliation) .

Well, surprise surprise, Bright was behind the assassins. I knew that guy was dirty. But why does he want Makoto dead or the temp teacher role vacant ?
Old 2024-02-05, 12:03   Link #47
grecefar

I'm sad that makoto's harem doesn't go beyond tomoe and mio
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 12:48   Link #48
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I'm sad that makoto's harem doesn't go beyond tomoe and mio
Does Emma count ?
Old 2024-02-05, 17:59   Link #49
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Makoto is becoming some fearsome God of Divine Retribution in the eyes of anyone who survived the aftermath of his attack.
Kind-off sad that they didn't show the Survivors Village, that was set by the side of the lake.

And funnily, the surviving Hyumans, Demons and Demi-Humans all live together in it without any issue in harmony.

Tomoe was so impressed by the effect of what Makoto unintentionally did, that she cast a protective barrier spell on the village (similar to the one she cast on the Forest Ogre village in the past) to keep it safe and hidden.

Old 2024-02-05, 19:47   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
Kind-off sad that they didn't show the Survivors Village, that was set by the side of the lake.

And funnily, the surviving Hyumans, Demons and Demi-Humans all live together in it without any issue in harmony.

Tomoe was so impressed by the effect of what Makoto unintentionally did, that she cast a protective barrier spell on the village (similar to the one she cast on the Forest Ogre village in the past) to keep it safe and hidden.
That's pretty neat .
Old 2024-02-05, 20:27   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm going to presume that assassin isn't stupid enough to actually take on this job. No one that got punted like that would risk his life for whatever cheap pay that idiot teacher is offering. Not like it wasn't made clear how outclassed he was before.

At least he didn't lose an entire class...Although part of that is just based on Shiki being a dashing person (when not a skeleton). Not surprised the rest of the female cast bailed the heck out of there. Credit to the girl though. Sure she stayed because of Shiki, but she did protect those around her from that crazy show of force. Not that it did her many favours due to the puking incident...

If nothing else if this group survives they should be made fairly competent. Although I'd hope Makoto is aware that he can't put his extreme standards onto others. They weren't given all the available power of a pretty chill moon god after all...
Quote:
I think Makoto is generally laidback and won't mess with anyone that doesn't mess with him (barring getting involved when he feels invested).
I think ever since the incident last season he's looked on the verge of just going on a genocidal rampage at any moment. He seriously looks unhinged and not far off from snapping. I couldn't put him presently anywhere near the term laidback. Maybe before all that happened, but certainly not now.

Would be happy to have the wrong read on him. But I don't trust his mental state right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Makoto was dropped into the "teacher exam" without preparation. The other teacher candidates (who all looked seriously sus in my opinion) probably knew what the criterion for success in the exam was but the examiner flubbed the explanation and none of the others corrected him because they already knew what they had to do.
At least he received it better than I did. At the rate he was going I figured the actual goal was that he needed 3 of each kind of orb .
Old 2024-02-05, 20:46   Link #52
Strahan

Quote:
At least he received it better than I did. At the rate he was going I figured the actual goal was that he needed 3 of each kind of orb .
That was my thought too lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 20:59   Link #53
Frontier

Quote:
I'm going to presume that assassin isn't stupid enough to actually take on this job. No one that got punted like that would risk his life for whatever cheap pay that idiot teacher is offering. Not like it wasn't made clear how outclassed he was before.

At least he didn't lose an entire class...Although part of that is just based on Shiki being a dashing person (when not a skeleton). Not surprised the rest of the female cast bailed the heck out of there. Credit to the girl though. Sure she stayed because of Shiki, but she did protect those around her from that crazy show of force. Not that it did her many favours due to the puking incident...

If nothing else if this group survives they should be made fairly competent. Although I'd hope Makoto is aware that he can't put his extreme standards onto others. They weren't given all the available power of a pretty chill moon god after all...
At least he did realize he maybe unintentionally terrified the class .
Quote:
I think ever since the incident last season he's looked on the verge of just going on a genocidal rampage at any moment. He seriously looks unhinged and not far off from snapping. I couldn't put him presently anywhere near the term laidback. Maybe before all that happened, but certainly not now.

Would be happy to have the wrong read on him. But I don't trust his mental state right now.
We did see how defensive he got when Eva said his name, but I think that's about it. He doesn't seem to be looking for an excuse to lash out at anyone.
Old 2024-02-06, 01:17   Link #54
Huh...?

YouTube

Old 2024-02-06, 10:46   Link #55
Frontier

Quote:
YouTube
Some old faces return! Mio and Tomoe meet the Heroes (which is especially ironic for Mio meeting Hibiki, and Tomoki is totally screwed with Tomoe) and Eva...hides her flat chest in the bath .
Old 2024-02-06, 16:10   Link #56
Rasty

Quote:
His insane mana amount comes from his archery training and his magic abilities are likely inborn or from his concentration ability. Only the [kai] barrier is from Tsukuyomi. While that thing is kind of overpowered too, he mostly uses it for utility, not direct attack/defense.

Quote:
Me too, I though he was supposed to get 3 of each and it likely wouldn't be so hard since his main problem was overkilling all of the orbs (and once he managed one, he could repeat it easily twice more).

Quote:
Does Emma count ?
Definitely! She is the cutest girl in his harem, so how could she not count? Sure, she is kind of half-pig, but inner beauty is what matters.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-12, 08:11   Link #57
Huh...?

YouTube

Old 2024-02-12, 11:36   Link #58
Frontier

Makoto has finally properly set up shop in Rotsgard! Even if there's some concern whether he can leave it to his two ditzy dark elf compatriots! Though he's pretty quick to emphasize how nice and non-exploitative the job is for the girls !

What a way to learn that polygamy is legal in this world than by having multiple girls proposition to become your third wife...so they can get the prestige of marrying you and not have to worry about all the responsibility of being the 1st or second wife. It's enough to make Makoto long for the kind of relationship his parents have, or miss Mio and Tomoe who at least throw themselves at him in genuine interest .

Wouldn't you know it, in the course of Tomoe and Lime's investigation they just happen to meet up with Lily, Tomoki, and Mora and they already have an immediate interest in Tomoe and her katana. Tomoki being Tomoki acts super impertinent and forceful with her, and he's lucky Tomoe didn't just cut him down right then and there, though it makes her appreciate Makoto's awkwardness when it comes to reacting to her sexuality even more .

Lily wants to upgrade her war chest and Tomoki has found a new toy to play with, while Mora thinks she can tame a new Dragon...but Lily is strong enough to be immune to all their attempts to control her and finally puts into perspective how out of his league Tomoki is and how they REALLY should not mess with her. Though rather than getting the hint, it just makes Tomoki want her more like she's a rare item in a game.I see that ending well for him .

But hey, Lime is becoming a clansman of Tomoe! That's pretty nice .

Mio is trying to tell the difference between seaweed and kelp and who should end up biting her than Horn? And at the reunion of Mio and Hibiki Mio was THIS close to ending her life right then and there had Hibiki not shown her proper deference and made it clear she knows enough about cooking to be useful to Mio .

Hibiki is going incognito with her party to upgrade themselves and their equipment, but the loss of Navel is still effecting the party, especially Hibiki. She freezes up when her party is in danger, and has to throw her pride away and ask Mio for help against a dangerous monster. Which is short work for Mio, though it does get her kimono damaged which is like the worst thing that monster could have done as Mio utterly incinerates him. No one harms her precious kimono for her master .

Although if anything good came out of it was giving Mio an excuse to wear her dress with the exposed cleavage while her kimono gets mended !

Mio needs someone to teach her how to cook and Hibiki's party needs better equipment, so why not combine the two and let the Kuzunoha Trading Company make them new gear while Hibiki helps Mio? The'll even get Toa's group to help them in the next leg of their journey! And the best part is Mio thinks there's actually hope for teaching Mio how to cook !

Makoto finally returns to the Demiplane! But it seems like something has changed in it !?
Old 2024-02-12, 11:56   Link #59
scififan

Matoko got to stop eating the cream hotpot. I think the cream hotpot tastes bad, if it exists. I would recommend hotpots with milk topping or cheese topping.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-12, 13:58   Link #60
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

This season started really slow, at least now the episodes are kinda interesting, with both Tomoe and Mio meeting the other heroes
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote