AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-04, 08:02   Link #81
ryllharu

I'm impressed that this series is casting relatively prominent male and female VAs for minor bit roles.

Lum get more endearing every arc.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-04, 09:19   Link #82
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I'm impressed that this series is casting relatively prominent male and female VAs for minor bit roles.

Lum get more endearing every arc.
Even the minor Tengu characters were legit seiyuu .
Old 2022-11-05, 09:43   Link #83
zztop

Onitsuka Tiger x Urusei Yatsura advert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
But who knows, if the UY reboot is successful, maybe they will also do a selective story arcs reboot of Ranma 1/2.
If they did do a Ranma reboot, do you think they should also set it back in its 80s-90s time period like this Urusei Yatsura anime?

Or update it to a modern-day setting, like what they did with the Banana Fish anime?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 12:38   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Onitsuka Tiger x Urusei Yatsura advert:

Lum always looks amazing .
Quote:
If they did do a Ranma reboot, do you think they should also set it back in its 80s-90s time period like this Urusei Yatsura anime?

Or update it to a modern-day setting, like what they did with the Banana Fish anime?
I guess this sets the precedent for the latter.
Old 2022-11-10, 19:15   Link #85
grecefar

That was really nice of lum even if ataru doesn't deserves it, but love above all.

Another hottie incoming
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-11, 00:35   Link #86
Frontier

A shrine maiden as a school nurse is pretty neat, but when you’re a looker like Sakura you’ve got all the boys looking to get hitched to you, with Mendo and Ataru at the front of the line. Of course, being a Sakura episode, there’s some exorcism to be done .

A boxing glove that lets you flirt with a bunch of women? Seems perfect for Ataru, minus the series of slaps sent his way. And then he starts flirting with Mendo to the pleasure of the girls .

Poor Kenta Miyake sensei

Ataru finally does something nice for Lum! Even if it’s just his chivalry that prevents him from hitting a woman, he still can’t help but use his own face to save hers. And an impromptu flirting boxing match exorcise the haunted boxing gloves. And then Ataru caps it off with some obvious Sakura flirting .

Poor Lum just wants to do normal boyfriend/girlfriend stuff with Atau .

The boys have finally had enough of Mendo stealing the attention of all the girls and rope in their resident idiot playboy to go against him with the help of a fake love letter and fake love interest .

Does kissing a kiss mark on a letter counts as an indirect kiss ?

That Lum pout was cute. As was her trying to wrest free from Mendo’a grasp .

I love how they even paid a girl to play the girlfriend and she nearly ruined everything by pigging out with the money they gave her .

On the surface Lum’s attraction to Ataru may seem surface level, but here she proves how true a love it is by going out of her way to pose as another girl to save his dignity. Because she loves him .

And in seeming response to that, Ataru finally recognizes how attractive Lum is and even holds her hand !

Looks we’re getting more of Lum’s family and more alien babes !
Old 2022-11-11, 06:05   Link #87
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
That was really nice of lum even if ataru doesn't deserves it, but love above all.

Another hottie incoming
I'm starting to see why Lum was so popular (I never watched the original show)
Old 2022-11-11, 07:58   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm starting to see why Lum was so popular (I never watched the original show)
She's like the perfect waifu, so long as you remain faithful to her... which you should.
Old 2022-11-11, 21:24   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That ended really nicely. Definitely need moments like that to help keep things going smoothly. Lum is an absolute treasure and kind of nice for Ataru to notice that once in a while. Obviously things have been completely nuts around him. But it's still there to be noticed when he takes a look.

Of course Lum doesn't always do herself favours. As shown by that first part of the episode. The first time was understandable. And good on Ataru taking that hit to prevent hitting her. But she just kept making him punch himself so she could relive the high of having him protect her from harm. Over...and over...and over again .
Old 2022-11-12, 08:47   Link #90
grecefar

I'm liking that shutarou is falling too with the class shennanigans and hitting on beautiful girls like the others, there was kurama and now sakura.
Old 2022-11-12, 19:35   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I'm liking that shutarou is falling too with the class shennanigans and hitting on beautiful girls like the others, there was kurama and now sakura.
A running gag is that Mendo and Ataru are pretty much the same on the inside despite being opposites on the outside. Kurama was the first to notice, but like most girls, she doesn't mind because he's good looking.

Note that Lum is the only one who hasn't fallen for Mendo's charm.
Old 2022-11-17, 13:18   Link #92
Frontier

All a man wants is to taste his sukiyaki until his alien girlfriend in full battle regalia drags him across dimensions for a big battle. Yeah, that just about sums up this show .

Shizuka Ishigami as Benten! Yet another hot alien space babe who barely wears much in the way of clothing! She's a little more course and rough in comparison to Lum, but they're apparently best friends, not that it stops Ataru from putting the moves on her or Benten taking advantage of it because she wants to rile Lum up a bit. What terrific friendship .

Despite how they treated him in the first episode, it's cool that his parents have a seventh sense for when their son is in trouble (instead of, y'know, just wishing he wasn't born)...even if that doesn't prevent them from eating sukiyaki without him, even his portion. Even Cherry gets in on it because all he really cares about is the sukiyaki! All the while Ataru is in a purgatory of his own making .

It's nice to see Shinobu still cares about Ataru even if she doesn't really like him that way anymore...not that it stops Lum from still thinking of her as Miss Third Wheel. I guess she'll never live that one down .

I love Lum's snow outfit! Those tight pants and top showing off her cleavage looked amazing on her .

As if this show didn't have enough star-power we've got Saori Hayami as Oyuki, a Yuki-Onna alien who is yet another hot babe who is friends with Lum...but don't let her pleasant and demure manner fool you, she wants to get into Ataru's pants as much as Lum does. And if her sensual voice and icy looks aren't enough of a turn-on, her stripping her kimono off to show off her skimpy ice leotard might do the trick !

Don't you just hate it when an alien yeti interrupts you before you can seal the deal with his mistress? And then it becomes King Kong outside Ataru's house .

Ah, yes. Of course Mendo stayed behind to commit to the manual labor just to continue to receive praise and flirting from the other girls on Neptune .

Ataru is retiring...from school!? Poor Kenta Miyake sensei! No, wait...he's retiring from his status as the Main Character!? I guess it's a free for all now, everybody can be the MC! Of course, really, Ataru just wants out of being class president (which the cast honestly forgot about), but Lum may as well be the main character anyways .

Last edited by Frontier; 2022-11-17 at 13:31.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 16:16   Link #93
grecefar

Quite the friends lum has that they have no problem to flirt with her husband or steal him from her. I loved oyuki thought.

The last part was funny too, indeed lum is the main character.
Old 2022-11-17, 18:52   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Who needs enemies when you have friends like Oyuki? Unlike the other snow women who were just leading Mendou on, she seemed willing to let Ataru get some action.

Lum calling Shinobu "number 2" is interesting since it means she acknowledges her to some extent.I don't think that was in the old anime.
Old 2022-11-17, 21:35   Link #95
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Who needs enemies when you have friends like Oyuki? Unlike the other snow women who were just leading Mendou on, she seemed willing to let Ataru get some action.

Lum calling Shinobu "number 2" is interesting since it means she acknowledges her to some extent.I don't think that was in the old anime.
It's funny she still sees her that way even though Shinobu doesn't even care about Ataru romantically any more .
Old 2022-11-18, 15:00   Link #96
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's funny she still sees her that way even though Shinobu doesn't even care about Ataru romantically any more .
yeah, it was weird that she was there when he was sick.

They may be still friends but shinobu has been acting like she doesn't care anymore.
Old 2022-11-18, 15:51   Link #97
Frontier

Oh, and Kappei Yamaguchi was the yeti. Because of course he had to be in another Rumiko Takahashi anime .
Old 2022-11-24, 13:36   Link #98
Frontier

What does a pool demon have to do with Urusei Yatsura? Find out in this weeks episode .

The pool episode! Which means hot babes in swimsuits! And Ataru is so laser-focused on said hot babes that he's basically blocked out all the guys in swimsuits as fruit. I admire that dedication and rejection of reality .

But there it is, Lum and Shinobu in swimsuits! Lum walks around in a bikini, but she's really rocking that one-piece that shows off her amazing figure, and Shinobu looked pretty cute in her bikini! Bonus points for the lovely Sakura lounging around in her sexy one-piece! The punch Ataru got for glomping on her was probably worth it !

I see not even Mendo is free of Shinobu's wrath if he doesn't compliment her instead of just Lum .

I see Sakura has a ferocious appetite! And one that does not at all impede her amazing figure...but maybe it helps her boobs .

It was nice to see that Lum was genuinely worried that Ataru might be drowning down there and went to the trouble of going in there to check on him and tagging him out with the Pool Demon. Lum is definitely a trade-up from Ataru .

I love how people keep tagging other people in so they can go up and get some air. Lum even goes to the trouble of tagging all four of them in sequence before she does it .

Who would've thought the nicest character in the whole series up to this point would be a pool demon who just wants some company? But nobody wants to live with the poor guy .

We've got a beach episode and a pool episode in one!? I think that's a first. Although I feel like they wanted to not only resolve the Pochi plot but also show off Sakura in a bikini .

So Sakura actually has a man in her life? And she's engaged to him to boot? And this Tsubame guy is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai!? Wow. And of course all her usual gawkers are there to interrupt their romantic moment before we could get a kiss, but she's still far ahead of the rest of the cast in terms of relationship progress .

We've also got this sub-plot of this kid tearfully letting go of his pet and agonizing over trying to make sure he's okay even though he doesn't want to give him away at all...and then we get the big scene of him going back and realizing he can't be separated from Pochita...I mean, Pochi, who turns out to have actually been Cherry the whole time while the pool demon becomes the real Pochi. I don't even want to know how the thing with Cherry worked, but at least Pochi found a good home .
Old 2022-11-24, 18:05   Link #99
grecefar

Pochi is such a nice a cute mascot I don't know how someone can be afraid of him, he was the highlight of the chapter. (besides the babes in bikini)

At least he found a nice home to be now, happy ending.
Old 2022-11-24, 18:52   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had completely forgotten the Pochi = Cherry twist. I could obviously tell it wasn't a dog or a cat, but I couldn't figure out what it was. I was in stitches at the end of the episode. I don't want to know how that worked either, it kind of has creepy implications if you think too much about it.

I wanted to bring it up for a while but the subs are really bad for this show. It's not just them taking a lot of liberties, they outright mistranslates some stuff.