Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-06, 00:19   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought it was a decent enough start.

Definitely lot of monologue, but at least everything was set up through the episode. Even getting up to that first change. Sad that hitting a ghoul is a huge win for the MC, but that's basically where he's at right now. Only hope he has to not just hide out in this dungeon forever is being able to pass as at least human and ideally as himself so he doesn't need a new identity. Be nice if he can meet up with that friend of his since she might have some insights to offer for his situation.
Old 2024-01-06, 07:41   Link #22
Twi

I remember reading this, but hated his what I now call "Japanese Salary Man Mindset" during some inner monologues. How much have they trimmed down on that?
Old 2024-01-06, 13:09   Link #23
grecefar

Standard but nice enough to keep watching.

About the monologue I think it's because he was a skeleton and he is alone for now, I believe it will tone down in the future when he goes back to civilization.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 01:19   Link #24
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I was ready to drop this, as I hate the aesthetic of the bone MC, but it looks like he managed to achieve the next evolution, though I doubt the next evolution will be as easy to obtain. Seems okay enough to keep for now, but depending on what the story is actually about, outside the existential evolution thing, it may or may not keep my interests.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 03:23   Link #25
magnuskn

Hrm, I'll give this another episode. Not as good as one could hope, but not as bad as one could fear.
Old 2024-01-09, 06:29   Link #26
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-09, 13:17   Link #27
Lex79

Endless inner monologues with verbose exposition: check.
Ok, this is definitely Unwanted Undead.
Old 2024-01-12, 10:46   Link #28
scififan

The dungeon looks like the maze from the computer game Doom. The undead adventurer can finally return to his town without receiving unfriendly hospitality.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 13:30   Link #29
grecefar

it was the right call to left rina behind after he enter the town, too much risk for her even if she has the best intentions and really wants to help him.

it was too a good call to go with lorraine right away, if someone can help him, it's her.

the only thing I don't like it's the mask. I've never liked masked protagonist unless it's for a little while but it seems it will be a permanent mask.
Old 2024-01-12, 19:53   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Rentt I feel was a bit reckless with leaving Rina behind suddenly. He only just got into town thanks to her really selling the story and adding details that honestly he should have thought up himself before they got that far. Sure now those guards are familiar with him, but having someone with a friendly face to assist around other people would likely be a good thing.

Sure going to Lorraine is a solid move. But I don't think she'll be walking around with him or leaving town. Frankly he's lucky to have made it to her without getting into any further trouble.

Plus I can't even say it's to Rina's benefit. She clearly hasn't been able to find people to team up with yet. Better for her to have an ally she can rely on until she gets used to it. In the end it seems a choice made by being burned too many times. Not unbelievable, just not the best choice.

While I doubt Lorraine has ever heard of something like this happening...at least she's bound to have some information to offer. Good to have some friends to turn to.
Old 2024-01-12, 20:16   Link #31
Tenzen12

There is no problem walking around town. It's not like you will get stopped just because you are looking tad shady, especially as adventureres in general are often weird. And Lorrain would easily walk him out in or out if necessary, if it come to it she could just smuggle him in and out with no problem.

As for Rina, Rent have to figure how to get proper new identity first before even returning to adventuring and who know how long it take. Not to mention, now she actually has reason find someone else to party with as Rent isn't around and that someone is very likely much less liability than undead monster pretending to be human.
Old 2024-01-13, 03:39   Link #32
Random14

I liked the second episode better now that a lot of the exposition is over with, though still plenty of internal monologues. At least he can kind of talk to other people by now too.

Meeting Rina was lucky, someone nice enough to help him. And Lorraine does recognize him, so there's that, now to see how she'll handle this pretty crazy situation.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 05:58   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

Skipping past the exposition made for a better watch the second ep.
Old 2024-01-14, 15:49   Link #34
magnuskn

Hrm, gets one more episode. It's a bit too serious for a series about a guy who got turned into a Skellyman. Skeleton Knight in Another World did it better with its mix of good action and humor.
Old 2024-01-19, 17:36   Link #35
grecefar

I didn't expect him to be the cautious type when he saw that guy and was going to left him, while he did help him in the end it caugh me off guard.

Like lorraine said maybe with his transformation, he is changing too or he is not completly himself.

It seems we get a new transformation in the next chapter.
Old 2024-01-22, 20:48   Link #36
larethian

Lorraine 'grew' huh. That zoom-shot on the blood. I hope that's not a red herring.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 10:25   Link #37
Rasty

That was an interesting episode. Rentt made Loren into "damaged goods", but refuses to take responsibility and instead uses life magic to get rid of the proof. We also finally get to see Lorent in her mad scientist mode, and with what happened before, I doubt Rentt can refuse anything she wants to do.

Also interestingly it turns out that Rentt wasn't helping the adventurer out of naivety, but partially also hoping the guy will be a scumbag. That's a nice addition.

Anyway, this series seems to be pretty solid. It is neither wildly original, nor does it have a huge budget, but seems to do everything at least decently or better.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-26, 19:48   Link #38
grecefar

lorraine didn't gave me the impression that she was in love with rentt and they were just good friends, still that was quite the loyalty after he attacked her. She had cool head and is smart enough to know that this would happen, I guess it was luck he attacked her instead of an innocent like the chef.

the chef surely just fall for a scam and took on a huge debt since for the looks of it the place is good and is popular.
Old 2024-01-27, 00:06   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

That certainly got risky. I'd say precautions might be necessary, but the stronger he gets the less easy it is to take precautions at all. Hopefully he doesn't get any further monster-fueled urges like that, but it's worrying. In the best case scenario it was his body naturally sensing that it was ready to evolve after defeating that skeleton. So it shouldn't happen again until his body wants to evolve again and is in the right circumstance for that. But there's no guarantee.

Lorraine is certainly one heck of a person. Kept her cool during the attack, tried to determine if Rentt was still in there, and then brought him down with the least amount of force she could spare. Pretty good considering she was missing a chunk of shoulder there. Thankfully Rentt could heal the damage, but that would be a horrible thing to come back to his senses after.
Old 2024-01-27, 04:14   Link #40
Lex79

As soon as he has the whole und3ad situation sorted out, Rentt better buy a nice engagement ring for Lorraine, he won't find another girl like her.