AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-03, 17:05   Link #21
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Dude, MC was literally banished by his dickhead arch-mage party member.
Actually, the arch-mage (who was only the jerk he was because his mind was corrupted by his blessing) only recommended the MC's banishment, but the final say was out of his hands. The MC made the decision to leave himself, and he never planned on returning even with the arch-mage out.

Last edited by BCMan5388; 2022-11-03 at 17:18.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-03, 17:24   Link #22
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Dude, MC was literarly banished by his dickhead archmage party member.
He wanted out because he wasn't keeping up and took the chance to fake his death by going MIA while scouting. Then he went on a drunken bender, beat up some thugs for gold, and then decided maybe he'd run an apothecary because he read a book on herbs some time ago.
Old 2022-11-03, 23:33   Link #23
Frontier

I remember they tried to cover for Red by saying he had been trying to find a cure for Ruti being the Hero in his spare time...even if it only came up when he literally found Ruti, which was, like 6-7 episodes later.
Old 2022-11-03, 23:35   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
Actually, the arch-mage (who was only the jerk he was because his mind was corrupted by his blessing) only recommended the MC's banishment, but the final say was out of his hands. The MC made the decision to leave himself, and he never planned on returning even with the arch-mage out.
Yeah, the title was a bit of a stretch. No one really kicked him out. The mage was a jerk. But it really was more like Red just took his opportunity to retire.

Even if he didn't value his own abilities as much as he should, there's no way he didn't know that Ruti and most of the party would have wanted him to stay. There's a reason he vanished without a word and it wasn't intimidation from the mage.

Took his chance to retire and was more than happy to live in the countryside.
Old 2022-11-04, 10:52   Link #25
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, the title was a bit of a stretch. No one really kicked him out. The mage was a jerk. But it really was more like Red just took his opportunity to retire.

Even if he didn't value his own abilities as much as he should, there's no way he didn't know that Ruti and most of the party would have wanted him to stay. There's a reason he vanished without a word and it wasn't intimidation from the mage.

Took his chance to retire and was more than happy to live in the countryside.
Spoiler for Novel sidestory spoiler:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-04, 10:56   Link #26
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Are we back to discussing this(Gideon leaving, and the Archmage's role in it) again??? Wasn't this already discussed during the original broadcast? I thought we were over this....

Last edited by frubam; 2022-11-04 at 11:12.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-04, 14:43   Link #27
Frontier

This kind of reminds me of why I started to dislike Red by the end of season 1 .
Old 2022-11-04, 15:31   Link #28
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Are we back to discussing this(Gideon leaving, and the Archmage's role in it) again??? Wasn't this already discussed during the original broadcast? I thought we were over this....
Its kind of impressive that people can't let it go; somehow I expect them to hate watch the broadcast just because. I guess more viewers is a good thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Even if he didn't value his own abilities as much as he should, there's no way he didn't know that Ruti and most of the party would have wanted him to stay.
IIRC it was more like 50/50 until they realized the intangibles he brought, and Ruti's emotions were already deteriorating by that point too.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-04, 16:41   Link #29
Frontier

Rit kind of abandoned her kingdom too, but that was because she didn't want to get involved in a succession crisis. I guess we really don't know enough to gauge how much responsibility she still had before she left.
Old 2022-11-08, 21:04   Link #30
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Its kind of impressive that people can't let it go; somehow I expect them to hate watch the broadcast just because. I guess more viewers is a good thing?
For me, it's less "I can't let it go" and more that the series tried to hide moral myopia and I took offense to that compared to if they were just straightforward. I don't mind heroes who are in the camp of "F&*( you, got mine" so long as I actually know what I'm getting into rather than me having to think about just how many shady actions he took and they're pretending he didn't.

Not to mention I believe the steps he took to get that comfy life and even seek out a new path in life could have been handled more cleanly, but that's the benefit of hindsight and only due to the fact that there was a foundation laid.

I mean, it's fine when you don't think about how badly this should be going on a grander scale and focus on the fluff, but at the very least I want there to be some consequences here.
Old 2022-11-09, 00:07   Link #31
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
For me, it's less "I can't let it go" and more that the series tried to hide moral myopia and I took offense to that compared to if they were just straightforward. I don't mind heroes who are in the camp of "F&*( you, got mine" so long as I actually know what I'm getting into rather than me having to think about just how many shady actions he took and they're pretending he didn't.

Not to mention I believe the steps he took to get that comfy life and even seek out a new path in life could have been handled more cleanly, but that's the benefit of hindsight and only due to the fact that there was a foundation laid.

I mean, it's fine when you don't think about how badly this should be going on a grander scale and focus on the fluff, but at the very least I want there to be some consequences here.
This is about my stance on it.
Old 2022-11-09, 08:54   Link #32
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
For me, it's less "I can't let it go" and more that the series tried to hide moral myopia and I took offense to that compared to if they were just straightforward.
It was pretty straightforward about shitting on the Peter Parker Principle and most of the criticism I can remember was based on what-ifs about the demon lord rather than anything Red or Ruti actually did. In that sense I just have no respect for the moral panic. Its like... if you just want a generic hero story there's a billion of those out there, this series actually had an interesting take on what living life under classes might be like.
Old 2022-11-09, 10:44   Link #33
Frontier

Quote:
It was pretty straightforward about shitting on the Peter Parker Principle and most of the criticism I can remember was based on what-ifs about the demon lord rather than anything Red or Ruti actually did. In that sense I just have no respect for the moral panic. Its like... if you just want a generic hero story there's a billion of those out there, this series actually had an interesting take on what living life under classes might be like.
I think it didn't help that they didn't really expand or explain a lot. Like what is the Demon Lord actually doing? How are people being effected by the Demon Lord? How necessary is the Hero being around to help save people or stop the Demon Lord?

But if they dived deeper into that it might've been harder to support the protagonists' stance.
Old 2022-11-09, 12:40   Link #34
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think it didn't help that they didn't really expand or explain a lot. Like what is the Demon Lord actually doing? How are people being effected by the Demon Lord? How necessary is the Hero being around to help save people or stop the Demon Lord?
I'm sure we'll find out more about the demon lord in S2 but that's not what the story is about, that's just how the story is framed.
Quote:
But if they dived deeper into that it might've been harder to support the protagonists' stance.
I still don't get the moral outrage. S1 established there were plenty of people who actually want to take on the demon lord.
Old 2022-11-09, 13:39   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
I'm sure we'll find out more about the demon lord in S2 but that's not what the story is about, that's just how the story is framed.
I get that, it's just the climax of the first season kind of hinged on it.
Quote:
I still don't get the moral outrage. S1 established there were plenty of people who actually want to take on the demon lord.
Yeah, but it also came off that they were only effective because Ruti was around.
Old 2022-11-09, 23:05   Link #36
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

From what I recall of the webnovel version (and comments from light novel readers) the story does answer your questions by the end of the 1st arc. Unfortunately the anime cut those parts out.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-17, 09:50   Link #37
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Banished from the Heroes' Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside S2

The light novel series 'Banished from the Heroes' Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside' is getting a TV second season.

Source:
https://twitter.com/shinnonakama_tv/...615424/photo/1

Synopsis:
Quote:
However, with a Divine Protection that only grants a high level but no magic nor martial art nor supernatural ability, he gradually could no longer keep up with the battle and in the end, a companion, a sage, remarked "You are not a true companion" as he snatched all his equipment and kicked him out of the party with just a single copper sword.

Having his heart completely shattered, Red distanced himself from the battle against the demon lord's army despite knowing that the fate of the world rests on it, aiming to live an inconspicuous life alone at the frontier Zoltan as he earns money to open a herbalist shop by utilizing the knowledge he acquired throughout his journey.

Together with the half-elf carpenter living downtown and the princess who couldn't become the hero's companion, he aims to live a slow life in the frontier of the world governed by a person's inborn Divine Protection!
Old 2023-04-18, 09:46   Link #38
Frontier

Everyone's new outfits look nice .
Old 2023-09-24, 07:27   Link #39
Huh...?

January 2024 airing
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-24, 15:09   Link #40
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I am really looking forward to this.

Tags
hero party