AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-16, 18:10   Link #81
Frontier

I think Ruti is just projecting her attachment to her brother in a way that she thinks makes sense even if she's not phrasing it correctly.
Old 2024-01-21, 11:37   Link #82
Frontier

To the surprise of probably no one, "Esta" is actually Theodora, and it seems like she's living (?) with Albert and trying to verify whether Van is the real deal as the Hero to replace Ruti...but she has her reservations. She's also considerate of Ruti's situation and wants to avoid Van and Ruti meeting, so that means Albert has to head back to Zoltan. Though is there something going on between these two ?

It's the Winter Solstice Festival in Zoltan and not only does Red clean up nicely but Rit looks even cuter! I love these two just admiring how attractive each other are !

I love Red trying to come off like a responsible adult who doesn't use excuses to take off work but he can't resist Rit chanting for him to take a day off. Ruti and Tisse are all in on the day off plan too .

I totally forgot Nao Toyama and Kaori Ishihara both voiced cute and busty supporting characters in this show and we get to watch them trying to outdo each other in a sauna wearing nothing but towels !

I guess it was too much to hope for no Blessing-related incidents, huh? Just a simple accident could've ended with a kid throwing a bottle at another dudes' face. Good thing Ademi has come so far since season 1 .

Ah, so there is hiearchy in High Elf society, as Oparara defers to Yarandrala as a Kiramin Elf, though in Zoltan everyone is an equal .

Should we really be putting the guy who was making drugs that almost destroyed the town in season 1 in charge of trade negotiations with another race? I mean, he seems committed to doing it but...I guess it's one way for him to make up for his crimes and so we can kind of side-step the fact that the main cast helped break him out of prison and keep him out .

Red and Rit look so adorable dancing together, but credit to Rit for letting the siblings dance for each other. It definitely makes Ruti happy .

Poor Otto. Crushing on Ruti when she barely realizes he exists and Dannan committing to the role of a demon so much he has to make him work for it. Though it's nice to see Dannan is around .

That priest seems to know more than he's telling...I don't trust him .

Look, it's Red, Rit, Rit's boobs, and the famous double bed! Red couldn't put a ring on it but he did make a necklace for Rit as a placeholder for the ring, but the necklace is enough for Rit to realize how much she loves Red and kiss him...and the promise of more to follow, as this pair plan to sleep in late if you catch my drift .

Figures Tisse would be on the people sent to find the airship, though she can't take them out before someone gets in her way. Another assassin? Tisse seems to know him. Either way, looks like they're busted .
Old 2024-01-21, 16:48   Link #83
grecefar

I'm going to drop this, it felt like a chore to watch and to be honest I don't remember most of the characters in this chapter so I felt lost too.

maybe some day I will rewatch from the beginning or if this will be a lucky anime that gets full adaptation when the LN ends, who knows.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 20:58   Link #84
Random14

Of course Zoltan would go all out for a festival. Nice to see everyone partying, especially with how it looks like trouble will be coming to town soon (well, bigger trouble than what Tisse is already dealing with). At least "Esta" and Albert are trying to keep things from blowing up too badly. I liked seeing Danan again, he's a fun character, though too bad for everyone else in the play.

I know Zoltan is pretty laidback, but I do wonder if anyone's noticed all the recent powerful arrivals. Well, most people probably don't realize they've got most of the (retired) hero's party there (like how only Oparara recognized Yarandrala as a big deal). It helps that most of them were nice people in the first place. Ironically Theodora's gone from one of the more intense ones in the old party to probably the nicest of the new party.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 23:13   Link #85
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I like that Tisse is on the case. Of course she was the one person that heard the chatter about airships. But I think she's probably the only one there that's really considering what kind of troubles could be around the corner. With Ruti it can't be helped. She's still just trying to find herself. The elf is a bit of a ditz so no surprise she isn't thinking about it either. Red and Rit are too into each other to notice their surroundings. So it really does come down to Tisse to try and stay on top of threats that are just around the corner.

Sadly there's only so much she can do by herself. And unfortunately she's not the only talented spy/assassin out there. Those guys were fortunate the have good backup or Tisse would have absolutely killed those guys and tossed the bodies in a hole somewhere . Unfortunately that makes her move actually backfire since they know she's there and that's a huge red flag.

The challenge of allowing Ruti to do as she pleases and stay there if she wants is going to be coming soon. I'm with Red on supporting Ruti on this. But he's going to have to back up his words pretty soon. And it's going to be a major challenge to do so. Zoltan is increasingly becoming home. Rit isn't pregnant (yet), but they are bound to get to that point sooner than later. The stakes are going to get higher and keeping a low profile will simply be impossible. Especially with 90% of the old hero's party all living in Zoltan right now!
Old 2024-01-22, 18:04   Link #86
Strahan

Gotta love how they did the pre OP scene as a dramatic reveal of Theodora, which as Frontier said, surprised absolutely nobody lol

C'mon Tisse, I thought you were a talented assassin. What kind of assassin takes their eyes off their enemy in combat? What does watching a knife fly past you do for you? But of course, we had to let them get away somehow for the story I suppose.

Even giving the third guy time to rescue the initial two in the first place was a mistake. Instead of wasting time standing there dramatic like, should have came right in and killed/captured them. Well, not like that kind of faux pas is new; movies and TV shows always do that crap. Just as bad as how in fights enemies will kindly wait while the heroes talk to each other lol

I can forgive her though because she's so dang cute
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 02:04   Link #87
Lex79

I wonder if Rit would've been so eager to let Ruti dance with Red if she heard her in the onsen...
Old 2024-01-23, 10:53   Link #88
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I wonder if Rit would've been so eager to let Ruti dance with Red if she heard her in the onsen...
She's just being a good sister-in-law .
Old 2024-01-23, 15:26   Link #89
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I know Red and Rit are set in stone, but its nice to see the writers throwing Ruti a bone for the moment. Nothing worse than a girl I like getting the cold shoulder from her love interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Rit isn't pregnant (yet), but they are bound to get to that point sooner than later.
I wonder about this. She did order a crapton of food at the festival, but I honestly can't remember if she generally had a big appetite(for comical effect), or if it was just this specific instance, which might have subtly revealed the truth. I can't be arsed to go back a season and find out if its true(about the appetite) so I just assumed it was the latter.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 11:35   Link #90
Frontier

Dang it, they found the airship! Luckily Tisse is on their trail, though Kiggith is actually looking forward to confronting her again .

Ruti is really enjoying her new Slow Life! She's got her morning routine (complete with hanging on the roof with just her toes) complete with exposed bloomers, cleaning the house, bathing herself, and even getting her Rune Factory game on by making growing herbs her main hustle, with some assist from her brother !

Tisse for her part just wants to sleep in for the morning...but Ruti's not about to let her get away with that. And Ruti has the most sadistic smug smile that you just can't say no to !

Is this one of the few episodes where Rit didn't get any lines ?

Ruti is just your average, ordinary, adventurer who stops a runaway Drake know one has ever able to tame, uncovers man-eating earthworms in a farm and slices them in half with a chop, or interrupts/hijacks a play to save an actor possessed by a cursed sword (with some assist from an efficient Princess Peach actress) and even gets the play remade to include her in it! Totally what you would expect from a normal adventurer !

But this wasn't supposed to be about Ruti, it was supposed to be about Tisse and helping her relax and unwind so she could open up to Ruti, because Ruti cares about her so much and wants Tisse to enjoy herself! And it's with that faith in mind that Tisse knows what she has to do .

I almost feel bad for those investigators, they were just doing their job and being efficient about it is what got them killed by Kiggith because he didn't want Tisse exposed before he killed her. Yikes .

Kiggith is Tisse fellow assassin and trained with and mentored her in their youth, but he's become so consumed by his Blessing that he has no pride as a professional assassin and is nothing more than a murderer who needs to be put down. Which Tisse does efficiently with some assist from Ruti. Though Tisse doesn't feel so good about it .

The Assassin's Guild actually sounds pretty nice the way Tisse describes it. Even assasssins need a home and a place to belong, especially when they can't stop being assassins, like Tisse. But Ruti accepts Tisse for who she is, and if nothing else, she can just be a Slow Life Assassin !

Of course the damage has been done as Kiggith did get a message to Ljubo who is playing to take Van to Zoltan to find the airship...and Van has lost so much of his humanity to his Blessing that he's writing off all his parties death as to the benefit of him as a hero, after already becoming an inhuman level of fighter, and is willing to march over as many bodies as he has to. This can't end well .
Old 2024-01-28, 15:20   Link #91
zztop

Ep 4 is an anime original episode, written by the LN author for the show.
https://twitter.com/zappon11/status/1750447647595680108

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I know Red and Rit are set in stone, but its nice to see the writers throwing Ruti a bone for the moment. Nothing worse than a girl I like getting the cold shoulder from her love interest.
LN readers say that in the latest translation of LN Vol 10, the author confirms that Ruti still wants to become Red's lover.

Last edited by zztop; 2024-01-28 at 15:45.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 18:10   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well, I guess Tisse's actions didn't end up blowing up in her face all that much. In the end it was a dicey situation. They already knew where the airship was. The most they could do honestly was take it up and try to move it further away before returning on foot. But at that point their hands were tied.

It was a good episode. Sweet that Ruti was trying in her own awkward way to understand Tisse and trying to hear out her troubles. She's just...really powerful and awkward as all heck ! Going around making herself even more of a legend along the way. But she did have some good things to say and I found the ending sweet in that sense. Ruti will be there for Tisse. She may be goofy and extreme, but she's there.

Tisse can't avoid her blessing. At least not unless they erase all blessings from the world. She's an assassin and will have that urge...to assassinate. So she'll likely get drawn into things or draw others in with her. But that's ok. Ruti is on her side and will help her be the best "slow life assassin" that she can be .

Good win there. Got some backup to be sure, but she still handled that fight just fine while also trying to keep the ship from being blown up. In the end that guy really was scum. Killed his allies, betrayed his employer, just a mass murderer that liked to call himself an assassin.

Things are going to get iffy though. Even with all that was done Van is going to end up drawn to the village and he's been steadily powering himself up. Just an extreme zealot that won't stop.
Old 2024-01-28, 19:20   Link #93
Random14

That was a cute episode, I like all the Tisse focus, she's always been a great character. That and seeing more of Ruti's awkward but well-meaning self. A normal slow life really is fun for her.

Tisse has problems with her Blessing too, though good thing its nowhere near as bad as Ruti's Hero Blessing was. Its interesting hearing what an Assassin's Guild is like in their world, considering none of them had any choice about the Assassin blessing. Another contrast between people with the same blessing in Tisse and her old "friend". Although the difference between Ruti and Van is probably even greater. Zoltan had better brace itself for when the new Hero arrives in town with that attitude.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 15:05   Link #94
Strahan

Tisse centric episodes are always welcome. So cute. Now if only those soap suds weren't so prevalent, heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 09:47   Link #95
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-01-30, 11:03   Link #96
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yarandrala really giving Rit a run for her money .
Old 2024-01-30, 15:14   Link #97
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yarandrala really giving Rit a run for her money .
Definitely showing elf superiority. Dang.
Old 2024-02-04, 11:21   Link #98
Frontier

Well, it's smart of Tisse and Ruti to keep Red and Rit informed of what's going on. I doubt it's going to be as simple as just letting Ljubo have the airship, though I'm surprised Red even cares if they misuse it. But his main priority is keeping Ruti safe and helping his little sisters' business .

Danan is pretty much recovered and is ready to get back to fighting demons. He's just not the Chill Life type of guy! But he can't leave without getting in one round of sparring with Gideon, and Red can't deny him. Though despite how skilled he is, he's still a lot more rusty, so that means training .

Red completely shutting down at the prospect of sparring with his wife. He can't fight Rit! Though to be honest I can imagine them sparring devolving into something else (and with less clothes on) .

Red needs to train, and who better to train him than Yarandrala who is not only a skilled warrior but even an avowed author of military tactics? Heck, let's bring everybody and make it a training camp !

I love Ruti and Danan trying to outdo each other in bringing firewood (Ruti wins) and it takes the elf to tell them to stop hurting the natural ecosystem .

It's kind of nice that this is the closest the Hero's Party has all been together in a while, even if there's a lot of bittersweet memories attached to that...especially involving Ares .

Red is the luckiest man alive, getting to watch his wife strip naked so she can wash his back when they're bathing together !

Time for the duel! Red is fighting to rep the chill life he's chosen to lead, while Danan wants to test Red's resolve...and while Red doesn't win, him holding his own against Danan and even doing well against him convinces Danan that the strength he's gained through the chill life is valid and true .

Dang, never thought I'd see Red happy to see Albert, but he's practically a different character now. And he finally warns them about Van .

A Hero and his fairy (who seems like she's in love with him) walks into a bar and stumble onto a guy going crazy trying to kill people for his blessing...and then coldly lobs his head off. Theodoroa tries to instill in him the importance of due process, but all Van cares about is not a personal sense of justice, but the belief that everyone in his life, even the people he kills, is sent there by the Almighty Demis to aid him in his quest. That means it's okay to kill people. And he thinks Ruti believes that even more than he does, just as they're heading to Zoltan. This won't end well
Old 2024-02-04, 15:46   Link #99
zztop

LN readers say it's now obvious the anime is skipping Vols 6-7 of the books, and jumped straight to Vol 8. The anime has removed all references to the events of 6-7.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 16:55   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
LN readers say it's now obvious the anime is skipping Vols 6-7 of the books, and jumped straight to Vol 8. The anime has removed all references to the events of 6-7.
Wow, cutting out two books? I wonder what we're missing .

Tags
hero party