AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-11, 09:17   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

They really missed a chance for an anime in-joke by not mentioning Tenma Kenzo, who truly was the "Monster Doctor." I guess that's too old for today's audiences?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 10:22   Link #22
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I knew Otome Isekai's were getting more common, but this is probably one of the first Boomerang-Isekai I've heard of back when I read it.
We had our Returners and our Reincarnators. It was only a matter of time before we had our Reincarnator who was also a Returner.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 01:17   Link #23
Strahan

Seems interesting. I like that they took the time to flesh out her Earth life, most isekai don't do that. Had to chuckle at the plane wreck; the author must not have did much research on that because typically it's a massive fire not just a little on an engine. Especially flights going that far, as there is a lot more fuel onboard. Though granted, they didn't say where they wrecked so they may have been close to the destination.

I really wish the designs were flip-flopped. Brown eyed brunettes are my favorite, and blondes my least favorite (sigh).

It'll be interesting to see how the lower tech level people react to the idea of surgeries. Historically, the idea was met with skepticism and resistance.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-16, 20:04   Link #24
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Anime: "Kon-Kon"
Crunchyroll: "Bark-Bark"

Really now?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-17, 10:09   Link #25
Frontier

I love how Elise's family thinks her being confined to her room was severe enough to make her have a complete personality 180, though we also get to see her relationship to her brothers play out. Chris (voiced by Hiro Shimono!) was overly affectionate and soft on her while Ren (Daisuke Ono!) was harsh and stern with her, but she loved both brothers all the same .

First order of business for Elise is recognizing where everything went wrong in the original timeline, a failed expedition (that got Chris killed), the emperor and her step-mom dying of disease, a pandemic grappling the Empire...and Elise too inexperienced and out-of-her-depth to handle it in her past life. But now she has the knowledge, the medical know-how, and the desire to save others driving her on! She's already vastly improved her relationship with her maid Mary .

The Emperor, Vern (Kazuhiko Inoue) was actually very fond of Elise and doted on her like a father, which just made his passing all the more heartbreaking for her, especially when she went on to completely bungle being the Empress .

But one of Elise's biggest regrets is her relationship with his son, Prince Linden (Yohei Azakami!) who she was in love with from a young age but he seemingly never truly cared for her and saw their marriage as a burden she forced on him. All to the point that he eventually lead them to burn her at the stake .

Though with the power of perspective now Elise can make a difference, making political suggestions that will help avoid death and war, and being able to properly diagnose the Emperor having diabetes so another doctor can save him. It's the perfect segue to her asking to be free from her engagement so she can be a doctor once more .

The Emperor can see that Elise means what she says and has the will to succeed, though he makes a wager with her all the same to see if she can really succeed as a doctor or otherwise she'll have to become Empress. Though somehow I suspect the Emperor is thinking she'll be able to prove her Empress cred from her success as a doctor .

What about Prince Linden though? He seems attracted to Elise's newfound conviction, but he says he never wanted to break their engagement...was he secretly fond of Elise in his own way but was never able to express it? Was he angry because Elise didn't understand her feelings ?
Old 2024-01-17, 12:08   Link #26
Huh...?

Ok, i am quite skeptical regarding the reasoning behind Elise's execution in her first loop.
I mean, i understand that she was a hard-headed and short-tempered.
But it seems that she also cared for the people whom she held dear to her.

So, also regarding how the Prince reacts later, it seems that while he was forced to marry Elise, he wasn't against it either.
Does that mean he is a Hard-Headed Tsundere who would never express their own feelings even if it meant sacrificing the one the loved?

Also, what really did Elise do wrong that she had to be executed like that, and that too by her Husband?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-17, 14:52   Link #27
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Ok, i am quite skeptical regarding the reasoning behind Elise's execution in her first loop.
I mean, i understand that she was a hard-headed and short-tempered.
But it seems that she also cared for the people whom she held dear to her.

So, also regarding how the Prince reacts later, it seems that while he was forced to marry Elise, he wasn't against it either.
Does that mean he is a Hard-Headed Tsundere who would never express their own feelings even if it meant sacrificing the one the loved?

Also, what really did Elise do wrong that she had to be executed like that, and that too by her Husband?
It seems like she was held accountable for not knowing how to handle all the various problems going on in the kingdom at the time, like the pandemics.
Old 2024-01-17, 17:13   Link #28
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It seems like she was held accountable for not knowing how to handle all the various problems going on in the kingdom at the time, like the pandemics.
That seems like a scapegoat reasoning.

I mean, unless she actively sabotaged the fixes for the various problems going on in the kingdom, those issues shouldn't have been her responsibility to solve in the first place, it should be the King's job (since this country seems to have King at the top)

Especially considering the Current King seems to be working solo without a Queen, and everything seems to be working ok (hinting that the Queen isn't really needed for ruling). And it also seems that Doctors hold a high position in that world's society. So, why was she held responsible for problems relating to pandemics or diseases. What was the King (aka., the Current Prince) doing at that time to warrant the Queen to make decision on stuff like that instead of him.

Like what is usually the primarily work of a Queen, in a ruling-system were the King holds the power.
It's usually to look after all the inner workings of the Castle so that the King can focus on external issues, and in the absence of the King (who is out for work), she holds the authority (though not full) to look after the Kingdom.

Old 2024-01-17, 20:00   Link #29
Strahan

Yea, that is pretty weird. Unless their kingdom is a matriarchy, she shouldn't be on the hook for the national disasters when the king is still around unless she did some criminally negligent shit. Especially considering they freaking burned her alive. That's a pretty extreme execution, she would've had to have done something pretty bad I'd think.

We'll probably get flashbacks during later episodes to flesh it out; I can't imagine the writer will just let it all ambiguous. Well... maybe I shouldn't be so sure, some of these writers make stupid decisions too heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 00:08   Link #30
Greenish Growth

I feel like reading more about the Crimean War now.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 00:21   Link #31
Frontier

Quote:

I mean, unless she actively sabotaged the fixes for the various problems going on in the kingdom, those issues shouldn't have been her responsibility to solve in the first place, it should be the King's job (since this country seems to have King at the top)

Especially considering the Current King seems to be working solo without a Queen, and everything seems to be working ok (hinting that the Queen isn't really needed for ruling). And it also seems that Doctors hold a high position in that world's society. So, why was she held responsible for problems relating to pandemics or diseases. What was the King (aka., the Current Prince) doing at that time to warrant the Queen to make decision on stuff like that instead of him.

Like what is usually the primarily work of a Queen, in a ruling-system were the King holds the power.
It's usually to look after all the inner workings of the Castle so that the King can focus on external issues, and in the absence of the King (who is out for work), she holds the authority (though not full) to look after the Kingdom.
I kind of assumed it was like Mia from Tearmoon Empire.
Old 2024-01-18, 09:17   Link #32
Tenzen12

Quote:

What's wrong with it being scapegoat reasoning? If she didn't have great manners as queen it would make it even easier to target her. I think show makes rather obvious parable with Marie Antoinette here (though actual MA was much better than previous Elise).
Old 2024-01-18, 10:29   Link #33
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I saw her manga version, and I hope that this series fares better than its comical ones.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 16:44   Link #34
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it just me or do the majority of those princes look almost the same?

The Prince reminds me of that one Archduke from the series where the girl's fiance wanted to kill her for money, so she made a deal with that Duke.

Then also the Emperor from 7th time

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2024-01-18, 17:06   Link #35
magnuskn

Yeah, the prince really came in the first standard model. The other model is blonde, but looks mostly the same.
Old 2024-01-18, 17:21   Link #36
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Shojo/Josei Series always have pretty common Male designs, as the Male Characters in those Series are meant to be Ultra Super Hot & Handsome with perfect features and specs.
That's primarily because, Woman readers/viewers in general have pretty high standards when it comes to what features they prefer on Men.

Like they say, if judging based on purely Looks; a Woman would reject 90% of Men, while a Man would reject about 30% of Women.

Old 2024-01-18, 17:31   Link #37
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Shojo/Josei Series always have pretty common Male designs, as the Male Characters in those Series are meant to be Ultra Super Hot & Handsome with perfect features and specs.
That's primarily because, Woman readers/viewers in general have pretty high standards when it comes to what features they prefer on Men.

Like they say, if judging based on purely Looks; a Woman would reject 90% of Men, while a Man would reject about 30% of Women.
I meant it more as in: Same face, same hair+ hair style + overall color scheme.

Old 2024-01-18, 21:29   Link #38
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
It's to go with the whole tall, dark, and handsome brooding theme that a lot of Korean and Japanese webnovels/web comics tend to like to give their male love interests in these types of works. If a male character is meant to be cold and calculating the chances of them having dark hair is also pretty high. This isn't always true of course, with the other flavors being blonde like magnuskn mentioned, and then white.
Old 2024-01-18, 22:57   Link #39
Frontier

I'm immediately reminded of Claude from I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Last Boss and Noah from Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion .
Old 2024-01-19, 07:55   Link #40
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Watching this show and 7th loop I had to think to recall which prince was which.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote