Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-11, 15:52   Link #21
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That was what I would expect a mecha anime written by an A.I. to be like.
I did find it to be very generic by-the-numbers stuff. Will probably give it a second episode but wasn't thrilled.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-11, 19:32   Link #22
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That was what I would expect a mecha anime written by an A.I. to be like.
AI fusing Bladerunner with Kamen Rider? Smart .
Old 2024-01-17, 14:40   Link #23
EroKing

So this was a whole lot less confusing than the first episode...
I know we are only 2 episodes in but the way the story is being presented and direction-wise, it gives me vibes quite similar to Cowboy Bebop. The production quality is solid and this might turn out to be the dark horse of the season, or even more. I sure hope it does and after the next 30-40 years, something like this is what people then would consider a classic.
Old 2024-01-17, 18:51   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So there was an outright war with aliens, and Neans were originally created by humans to be soldiers. Their programming forbids them from killing humans, but aliens are fair game.

We still need a lot more information to fully understand the setting.
Old 2024-01-17, 19:16   Link #25
grecefar

I think it would've worked better if the chase was with the bad guys and give a hint on why they were chasing rouge instead an acient weapon woken up by a little girl by accident.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-17, 20:22   Link #26
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 2

I liked this one. Ok, yes, the info dump was a bit much, but I was just as glad to know more about the world, so whatevs. The action was decent. I liked all the characters on the bus and liked even more that I'm not sure which of them, if any, is a bad guy.

Like someone else said, it did kinda have that "existing in the world" Cowboy Bebop feel...

Some other fun things:

- The journalist knocked one of the soldiers by spinning her camera on its strap and hitting him with it!
- Naomi's watch is a "Metallic" brand.
- There's some really great frames as Rouge tears apart the two pincer arms the Cylinder Head attacker her with.
- Rouge has an older brother?! Is he an assassin, too?

Oh... and who is the guy with the red jacket?! He was at the bus depot but wasn't present on the bus then showed up in the forest...
Old 2024-01-18, 00:40   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The action was nice, but the stupid girl being stupid was... stupid

Quote:
it gives me vibes quite similar to Cowboy Bebop.
It's a niche genre, especially nowadays, but something other than Takagi-san clones and throwaway Narous is always nice

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 03:05   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This show is the Bones version of a kit house.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 15:15   Link #29
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 3

Interesting episode, though no combat. Rouge's freedom to act is going to be important.

A few questions come to mind:

- Hell Giallon, the "Joker" of the Immortal Nine, is somewhere nearby in all this. Presumably impersonating one or more characters this episode with his special ability. Was he ever the child-type leader? Or the Nean that speaks with the inspector? Or the inspector's assistant? And is Hell Giallon associated with the creepy circus?

- Did Dalia (the combat model) did of natural causes? Who killed Uval (the child-type leader)?

- What disturbance got the police into action at the end. And... was that the creepy circus in a zeppelin going on the attack?!

Yes, the series is still a bit slow moving. 3 episodes in and we don't really know the big picture. And yet... I'm still sitting here wishing it was next week so I can learn more.
Old 2024-01-25, 10:01   Link #30
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
AFter watching the first episode: Not bad, not bad at all. Pretty solid all things considered. I love the main girls' designs. Art style and animation is great, as expected of Bones, I do like the small movement details at certain points. Shows why in terms of animation, they are one of the better studios.

Blasphemy they would cut that insert song Viola was singing. That one was excellent, and the rest of the soundtrack was solid, but nothing that wow'd me.

The weakness of this first episode is that there isn't any strong attachment to the main girls nor what they are doing, whatever that is. They haven't explained anything yet. There is also no attachment to the antagonists here; they tried to establish Viola as someone pitiable, but they didn't give her enough buildup imo. Kinda reminds me of Armitage III in many ways; but the difference between this and AIII is the emotion of the chars, both of the protagonists and the extreme ruthlessness of the antagonist(who amusedly also has an insane mind, spiky hair, and sunglasses. Guess that's a trend in these Mars-based worlds ). Ofc this is just the first ep, so I'm hoping those emotional elements will be established over the next couple of episodes.

All in all, enjoyed the first episode, but it does have its shortcomings. There's definitely enough shown to feel like it'll be a great series, but I can also see them dropping the ball, esp when the direction of the story and/or cast needs to change. I just hope it can remain enjoyable romp throughout its ride.

Last edited by frubam; 2024-01-25 at 10:12.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 14:13   Link #31
KitsuKyouno

The relationship between Rouge and Naomi are a bit distance, and the fact Naomi call her an equipment was insencible and even thought she feel bad, it wasn`t that much neither.
Rouge learn about free will with Jill, and that`s very important development to leave to apparently a secondary character
Old 2024-01-26, 13:24   Link #32
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
2nd and 3rd episode were also pretty solid. Nothing spectacular, but not bad. I can see the "CB" vibes from the 2nd episode; chars without too much background being involved in the story of the ep, a little action on the side, but overall nothing having a significant impact is kind of what I got from it. The 3rd ep goes into a bit of exposition, although much of it went over my head, it made me interested in the background of the Neans and how they came to be(some minor details were mentioned by Naomi in ep 2). I want to see how/if Rouge being an Alter can be utilized by the Neans to remove the Asimov encoding. Again, really feeling the Armitage III vibes from this more than anything.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 09:54   Link #33
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-01-31, 13:05   Link #34
EroKing

Episode 4

Images
Gif
I was not expecting a hot brown woman doing a spinning heel kick in my anime, but damn that was nicely animated.
Old 2024-01-31, 18:52   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The entire show is nicely animated. That's its main draw so far, though I do like Rouge as well. I was thinking it was way too early for Joker to get taken out, but I didn't think the good doctor was one of the Alters.

Not sure who the people on the spaceship are, but they sure look out of place.
Old 2024-02-01, 01:36   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The entire show is nicely animated. That's its main draw so far
Yup
Everything else is pretty lackluster right now. I won't say its bad, but it is boring

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-07, 21:34   Link #37
AC-Phoenix
Detective

EP2 Why are the Mercs wearing MaxTac armor?
(The helmet kinda tipped it off)

Also did she actuall bark?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-07, 22:27   Link #38
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yup
Everything else is pretty lackluster right now. I won't say its bad, but it is boring
I know your feeling. A generic sentai show has barely dressed female henchwomen. The anime doesn't have female villains(敵女幹部) in sexy customs.

Images

But, I still like the show for showing some futuristic gadgets and martial art fighting(not a cat fight). Above all, the heroine is cute, and her thinking is heroic.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 06:37   Link #39
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It sure feels like Bladerunner meets cyberpunk.
Old 2024-02-08, 13:09   Link #40
KitsuKyouno

Rouge punch very well.
I see she is the only true protagonist, Naomi more like a far sidekick because she is barely relevant