AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-08, 14:03   Link #41
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Which is a pity. Naomi is way more up my alley as a character.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 06:27   Link #42
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Rogue's being a possible "Replicant" downright feels like a page taken from Bladerunner's original book.
Old 2024-02-09, 17:51   Link #43
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Can we talk about why no one is talking about Neons having human skulls and apparently decomposable flesh?
They are worse than Fallout 4 Synths.

I'd also like to know how they came up with their name...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 11:52   Link #44
EroKing

Images
Newtype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-02-14, 13:12   Link #45
scififan

The story is getting more confusing now. Naomi says she has the secret mission with Rouge, but she decides to arrest Rouge. The jester from last episode and Naomi both work at Ministry of Truth, probably the reference to the novel 1984. So, they are from the different faction of the ministry. The jester has another Rouge by his side now. After been fooled by the serial murderer on the space cruise, Rouge is finally able to give him a good kick. By the way, Rouge à lèvres means red lipstick, but rouge is used as a lipstick in Japanese.

Last edited by scififan; 2024-02-14 at 13:25.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 18:56   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rouge kicking a dog was not on my bingo card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The story is getting more confusing now. Naomi says she has the secret mission with Rouge, but she decides to arrest Rouge. The jester from last episode and Naomi both work at Ministry of Truth, probably the reference to the novel 1984. So, they are from the different faction of the ministry. The jester has another Rouge by his side now. After been fooled by the serial murderer on the space cruise, Rouge is finally able to give him a good kick. By the way, Rouge à lèvres means red lipstick, but rouge is used as a lipstick in Japanese.
You're the only one confused. Joker doesn't have another Rouge by his side, he just turned into her. Naomi arrested Rouge because the inspector saw her de-transform and she's been wanted since the first episode because of Joker impersonating her. She has to keep up pretenses to not get arrested as well.

What are you even talking about lipstick? Rouge is just french for red.
Old 2024-02-15, 01:53   Link #47
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Fanservice, a rare comedic scene that was actually funny, and fake Rouge being cute
I liked it for once
Wait, that's everything other than the story...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 10:08   Link #48
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rouge kicking a dog was not on my bingo card.

You're the only one confused. Joker doesn't have another Rouge by his side, he just turned into her. Naomi arrested Rouge because the inspector saw her de-transform and she's been wanted since the first episode because of Joker impersonating her. She has to keep up pretenses to not get arrested as well.

What are you even talking about lipstick? Rouge is just french for red.
Not really. In the last episode, the jester holds the hologram of Rouge. In the beginning of this episode, the jester plays the piano while Rouge stands behind him.

Japanese knew rouge is red, and Studio Bone have double meaning in mind. However, the most common Japanese usage of rouge ルージュ is makeup as lipstick: ルージュ【(フランス)rouge】 の解説 赤。また、口紅。頰紅 (ほおべに) 。If you still don't believe it, you can check the word with google and bing.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 12:14   Link #49
KitsuKyouno

Some of jokes of the episode like the number stuff implied Naomi know better Naomi, but she lost point with that arrest of the ends like she is not very motivated to take a bullet for her patner.
Also the fake dog could had been a creepy scene in other context
Old 2024-02-15, 19:06   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Not really. In the last episode, the jester holds the hologram of Rouge. In the beginning of this episode, the jester plays the piano while Rouge stands behind him.

Japanese knew rouge is red, and Studio Bone have double meaning in mind. However, the most common Japanese usage of rouge ルージュ is makeup as lipstick: ルージュ【(フランス)rouge】 の解説 赤。また、口紅。頰紅 (ほおべに) 。If you still don't believe it, you can check the word with google and bing.
Ok, so you're confusing people. The guy playing the piano is Rouge's brother, and the scene where she is with him was a flashback. There aren't two Rouge. The masked dude with the hologram last episode is also a different person, and it's heavily implied he's going to use Rouge's data to create a different model based on her. Her hair changed to blue in the hologram.
Old 2024-02-15, 21:28   Link #51
Alchemist007
*Author

Silly murder mystery was a jam, as were the gags.

https://streamable.com/vomkgu
Old 2024-02-16, 05:05   Link #52
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I am not sure why I am still watching this. Probably because I don't have much to watch thi season besides the last season carryovers.

The authors try to hard to make Bebop but with cute girls and power suit fights but the scipt is pretty badly written.

Still, as there is not much else to watch, I will finish it unless it is 2-cour.
Old 2024-02-21, 16:47   Link #53
KitsuKyouno

So, Naomi is part of some secret agency that apparently was only taking advantage of Rouge.
That´s explain her erratic relationship, while with Jill, Rouge feel more positive even knowing this episode that Jill had been killed people.
But yes, apparently is about Rouge getting free of all the manipulation she suffer.
And the joker android survive falling from the space
Old 2024-02-21, 18:46   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Uh, so Naomi really is a backstabber? I'm surprised. The plot has kinda lost me though...
Old 2024-02-22, 18:16   Link #55
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

This series really has a mess of a plot. You know, I am a fan of the series that actually make you think to get the plot one but here it is just "WTF is going on". At least animation and art are good. But it really ofte looks like AI wrote it.
Old 2024-02-23, 06:54   Link #56
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
This series really has a mess of a plot. You know, I am a fan of the series that actually make you think to get the plot one but here it is just "WTF is going on". At least animation and art are good. But it really ofte looks like AI wrote it.
Yeah. Sounds like the handling of Bladerunner inspired series (which was already a bit confusing when it came to the ending). Darker than Black had a similar scenario where Hei's nature of being a normal human or a Contractor was weird to everybody until the final episodes where you have to pay attention to every detail to understand the true nature of what he was and his sister. Metalic Rogue seems to be heading that way.
Old 2024-02-23, 09:56   Link #57
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Eh. I liked the Bladerunner one. It was pretty straitforward and its main selling point was the good fight choreography, not the plot or characters. This one on the other hand tries to seem smart and deep.
Old 2024-02-29, 00:41   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, someone clearly didn't have enough episodes for the story, because episode 8 was incredibly cluttered

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-29, 11:21   Link #59
KitsuKyouno

So, Rouge could have chocen to be free but end up choice to stay with her job of killing Neans, even thought even her brother will accept if she give up.
I think she had lack of development and Naomi see very distance
Old 2024-03-03, 07:30   Link #60
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?