Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-24, 07:57   Link #221
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://bangbravern.com/special/detail?i=0029

Special image of Lulu playing with Bravern/Superbia model kits.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 09:29   Link #222
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Non-time traveler Lewis Smith (flesh and blood) and time traveler Lewis Smith (Bravern) can coexist, and that makes the loop possible.

OTOH, that isn't true of Lulu. Time-traveler Lulu erased non-time traveler Lulu years before she reached a time machine, so a loop is impossible. A loop needs the non-time traveler to live long enough to get to the time travel moment and become the time traveler.
Yes, and the story does not seem to care about this inconsistency. And tbh I don't particularly care myself.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 17:48   Link #223
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I doubt they didn't care about it since they show the process for both time travel.
Not to mention parallel between them. Lewis and Lulu, both time travelers wanted to be hero. One based on old heroes using enemy power source, one based on mahou shoujo using 'artifact'; while Isami and Superbia are strong, grumpy fighters dragged by them.

Simply that we haven't seen how Lulu affect things, confirmation whether Lulu need to maintain the process or not to seal the deal.
In Smith case we immediately get confirmation he keep the loop by not saving past Smith, Lulu OTOH can only get her confirmation once she succeed.

I bet Obari will left it open to interpretation, just like how Smith into Bravern doesn't have to be a paradox.
I won't call him lazy for that given amount of care on this show. If they don't care at all, there's no need pointing Bravern wait until Smith died to reveal Burn Dragon.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Tactics; 2024-03-24 at 22:34.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 16:59   Link #224
Frontier

I guess you could just say we're in a third or new timeline with Lulu changing things by time-travelling into her younger body. In the original timeloop Isami and Lewis/Bravern always died.
Old 2024-03-26, 16:59   Link #225
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Third? Not second?
Old 2024-03-26, 23:28   Link #226
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Third? Not second?
I guess if you count the loop as one timeline, yeah.
Old 2024-03-27, 07:20   Link #227
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The ending of the latest episode was the most depressing so far but if there is something I noticed is that Obari never wanted it to be taken seriously considering how the first episode tricked us all while Smith's death moved to the Bravern's twist and the death twist then moved to Lulu being a new pilot unwilling to let history repeat. There might be another surprise in the finale.
Old 2024-03-28, 12:36   Link #228
Frontier

Why did I not see Fumihiko Tachiki as Popalchipum coming? Even if all he does is stand around enjoying some liquid hot magma from the Earth's core .

Isami was never like Lewis. He watched anime and tokusatsu, but he was never inspired enough by it to want to be a hero himself. He never even believed in being a hero until he paired up with Bravern .

Superbia prioritizing saving Lulu and wielding Bravern's own sword to fight off Ira was such a powerful moment...even if it ended in his death. But he died fighting for justice and those he cared about, and to pass on alongside his eternal rival and comrade Bravern, and that's all he could have asked for. Poor Lulu though, she's losing everyone she knows and loves a second time .

Guys, I think we broke Isami. He's lauching like a madman and waving the white flag desperate to save himself. Though Ira's not having it .

But when he needed him most, Lewis was there for him...to take one more punch from Isami and teach him to be the hero Lewis always knew he could be, the hero Lewis as both himself AND Bravern (which Isami finally realizes) always believed Isatmi was capable of being. All he had to do was believe in and go beyond Brave Bang .

And with that in mind, Isami finally truly embraces being a Super Robot Protagonist and BECOMES Bravern, achieving Burn Brave Big Bang status complete with the OP playing and with power enough to blow Polpichum up with his own magma absorption and defeat Ira in single combat! All the while he has the Super Robot Protagonist hair and the dialogue to match !

One last Obari pose for the road .

I should've known that there would be a true Final Boss...now that all the Deathdrives have been defeated (including Superbia, unlike Lulu's future) Verum Vita (voiced by, of all people, Rie Kugimiya) could reveal herself and all she's learned from the deaths of all the Seven Deadly Sin Deathdrives...a desire to not die while also carrying out her death fetish on humanity !

I love how Isami Bravern wanted to let her speak...after attacking her before she could...and then proceeding to interrupt her multiple times afterwards. He really IS Bravern .

But Isami will not give up! Neither will Lulu! Or all the comrades they've made along the way who show up just in time to back up Bravern and cheer them on! And that cheering empowers Bravern to fuse and go all Ultraman giant with a Rise Sequence and everything! Even Veruma Vita is like "What the @#$% Is going on!?" !

Lulu has transformed into Future Soldier Lulu and has achieved Big Bang status with Superbia! She even got her long hair back! And she even achieves fusion transformation by transforming into a GIANT SWORD FOR BRAVERN TO USE to close this out with a true Super Robot Finisher Attack !!!

The day is saved, the world is safe, and the last remnants of the Deathdrives, both Superbia and Bravern, are fading away...but in there place, Lewis Smith returns to be reunited with everyone, Isami and Lulu most of all. Did I mention that, of course, they're all naked ?

Closing out on Bravern summing up the main theme of the series as well as bringing back the OP one last time for a true Super Robot ED complete with more sound effects and subtitles. This show understood the assignment .
Old 2024-03-28, 12:49   Link #229
Blaat

So many mecha and tokusatsu references. Really fun series, definitely rushed at the end but very enjoyable.
Old 2024-03-28, 12:53   Link #230
mickbis

10/10

How long has it been since we got Yuusha mecha and one this good?
the plot didn't not need to be complicated and Obari know how to write Mecha series so well.

everything inside final episode is PACK with so many fanservice for the mecha series enjoyer and it sure did deliver.

I will miss BRAVERN, let see you again in future main SRW game. ( no mobile please, bandai is too lazy to translate mobile version )
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-28, 14:21   Link #231
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nice ending.

Also appreciated the Ultraman growth.

As well as Isami not letting the lady finish her sentences.

And coming up with names that are even more stupid than the ones Bravern came up with.
Old 2024-03-28, 14:39   Link #232
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Wow.

This show set out with a gloriously absurd purpose and it executed it almost flawlessly. It's silly as hell, and doesn't always make complete sense, but who cares?! It was a celebration of a specific set of tropes and it had me laughing tears of joy almost the entire time.

I give it an equally absurd over the top score of 13/10.
Old 2024-03-28, 15:56   Link #233
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow wow wow, what an ending. This show turned it up to 11, then 11 x 11, then 11 x 11 ^ 11.

Absolutely superb(ia). Wonderful show, definitely one of my favourites from the season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-28, 17:36   Link #234
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
The only change will be Isami died
So ultimately Isami have to be the one who make difference, just like what Smith told him in first episode.
That was a blast, I expected Gravion but it's a "Brave" series, so it have to be Isami become the "King of Braves" himself.

I can't believe I nearly cried, it just excellent.
It's amazing how ED song lyrics become truer to the journey as series goes.
When was the last time I watch mecha with a lot of passion and love poured into it?

Peak. Goat. Frieren AOTY? Nah, it's Bravern.
Old 2024-03-28, 17:42   Link #235
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What a finale. They really brought back all the supporting characters I barely knew to pull a combination move. The animation was insane too. Still, if it weren't for Lulu might have had the gayest final scenes to a mecha anime I've ever seen. I wonder if Obari plans do something this insane as this again.
Old 2024-03-28, 20:05   Link #236
Dextro
He Without a Title

This show's ending was glorious in a way I haven't seen since TTGL. The Ultraman Growth. The literal power of friendship for that finale. The incredibly silly attack names that Isami came up with topping even Smith's. And, to cap it off, a happy ending that makes about as much sense as half the plot? I love it! It's just a massively fun ride filled with homages to the mecha and tokusatsu genre. Sasuga Obari-san!
Old 2024-03-28, 20:15   Link #237
Chosen_Hero

6/10

- Way too rushed

- A lot of wasted characters that are introduced for nothing

- Too many story inconsistencies and unexplained asspulls (even for a super robo)

- One note villains that are never explored outside of "I want to experience death"

- Wasted use of the military aspect after Hawaii

- Isami was the worst character by far who spent more than half of the show being a downer, which is to the detriment of the show because it really wants you to cheer for him and I just didn't care after a point and wanted either Smith or Lulu to replace him as the MC.

I want to give it a lower score, but I'll be nice to it for at least filling the mecha void of the season.
Old 2024-03-28, 22:13   Link #238
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's a shame this didn't happen despite Suzumura's speech
Old 2024-03-28, 22:46   Link #239
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spin-off manga announced: https://hjweb.jp/article/1428074/
It's about Lulu original timeline, where humanity somehow survive after Bravern and Isami death.

Obari posted a glimpse of storyboard with Vita, seems likely that Vita would belong to Episode 13 if they allowed to have more than 12 episode.

Asakami Youhei (Lewis Smith) said he want S2 and a movie because he missed Super Robot genre; he grateful to Cygames for greenlighting Obari proposal.

YouTube

YouTube
Old 2024-03-28, 22:55   Link #240
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
6/10

- Way too rushed
I definitely feel like this could have benefitted from a 2-cour.
Quote:
- A lot of wasted characters that are introduced for nothing
They definitely focused the most on the core three (Isami, Lewis/Bravern, Lulu) compared to the supporting cast outside maybe Miyu, though I guess then we wouldn't have gotten that big rallying moment in the finale.
Quote:
- Too many story inconsistencies and unexplained asspulls (even for a super robo)
Like what for instance?
Quote:
- One note villains that are never explored outside of "I want to experience death"
I think the Deathdrives served the function they were meant to, crazy uber-powerful (except sometimes not) mecha antagonists, and I feel like their VA's and designs really helped sell them.
Quote:
- Wasted use of the military aspect after Hawaii
Because they weren't useful?
Quote:
- Isami was the worst character by far who spent more than half of the show being a downer, which is to the detriment of the show because it really wants you to cheer for him and I just didn't care after a point and wanted either Smith or Lulu to replace him as the MC.
I mean, that's kind of the point? He's basically like a normal dude who got thrust into a Super Robot show he wanted no business being in and grappled with the emotionally breaking pressure but slowly grew into being a proper protagonist by the end of the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Spin-off manga announced: https://hjweb.jp/article/1428074/
It's about Lulu original timeline, where humanity somehow survive after Bravern and Isami death.

Obari posted a glimpse of storyboard with Vita, seems likely that Vita would belong to Episode 13 if they allowed to have more than 12 episode.

Asakami Youhei (Lewis Smith) said he want S2 and a movie because he missed Super Robot genre; he grateful to Cygames for greenlighting Obari proposal.

YouTube

YouTube
I'd love a season 2 and to read the Lulu manga .

Tags
mecha, super robot