AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-07, 19:33   Link #21
Strahan

Yea, I know the proper defintion it's just that I've been watching so many isekai lately that my head just defaulted, lol.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 22:53   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say...at least this is a rare occasion where the party dropping the MC isn't full of scumbags. Yes, the leader is dropping Rud pretty fast. But admittedly the situation was getting problematic. He's a creep and still a jerk who I'm pretty sure just wanted those "evasion tanks" because they are cute. But at least there was some legitimate reason to make a party change here. That's better than some series where they dump the main character for seemingly no reason at all! In this sub-genre I'll take that.

I was really wondering if Rud was just being careless in not getting his skills identified, but I guess if literally no one alive had the skill that's just how it was for him. The world sure threw him a bone with Luna .

Solid set of skills there. Just too bad he couldn't know what those last skills of his did. Hard to handle a skill when you don't know exactly what it's doing. At least with that knowledge he can do much more.

Hopefully can keep Luna safe. If she's that highly tuned of a homunculi then someone is bound to come after her.
Old 2024-01-09, 04:56   Link #23
Greenish Growth

Yeah I like it when an expulsion/banishment story doesn't have only dumb, cardboard evil characters in it. I've grown tired of seeing so many shallow, unbelievably villainish characters in...

1. NTR stories
2. False accusation stories
3. I was a famous person and you didn't believe me stories

People like seeing zamaa, but do the villains really have to be so unbelievably stupid and over-the-top evil? A little subtlety would be nice.

They probably don't have as many support main characters in stories like this because it would take more writing skill to show party dynamics and because they want the main character to be more proactive and not have to worry about being taken out if they can't defend themselves all on their own. More realism may not be as cool I guess.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 16:04   Link #24
grecefar

this chapter was 0 defense and 9999 siscon.

an slice of life chapter with a little action at the end trying the new skills. I hope he tone down the siscon part when the harem comes to the village.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 16:12   Link #25
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'm on the fence about this series but yeah the siscon thing is a bit much. I'll give it another week anyway.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 16:57   Link #26
Strahan

Well, that's the first time I've seen a prehensile ahoge actually acknowledged and explained, lol. I am liking the show, just as with everyone else I agree they need to dial the siscon back a bit. Blacksmith chick is cute, he should hook up with her to find a new female to obsess over hehe.
Old 2024-01-14, 18:13   Link #27
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Blacksmith chick is cute, he should hook up with her to find a new female to obsess over hehe.
I mean, her Dad would pretty much welcome this, so why not .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-16, 18:00   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll at least accept that Rud isn't wrong. Manicia is extremely cute . Plus, fair enough that he's really obsessed. Her health is a worry that would be on anyone's mind in his shoes. Plus there's some trauma after their parents abandoned her and tried to just make good use of Rud by himself. He had to leave to keep his sister safe.

And they did give some nice time for Luna to actually talk things out with Rud. While he knew what was up there's value in both sides being on the same page.
Old 2024-01-20, 16:12   Link #29
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I was wondering when the priest/cleric girl would show up; that was quicker than expected.
Old 2024-01-20, 16:51   Link #30
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, it was surprisingly quick, thought still refreshing to see a story where the other party members just straight-up tell the "Hero" that he's wrong and leave him. Hope they also have him actually get over himself and work to become worthy of his lofty title.

Which makes me wonder whether anyone's tried making a story from the expeller's perspective, one about a guy who failed to appreciate his allies, dumped his most valuable party member as "useless" and ultimately lost everything, and now is working to once more get back on his feet, this time depending less on others but appreciating what help they provide. Would at least be kind of original.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-20, 17:22   Link #31
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Which makes me wonder whether anyone's tried making a story from the expeller's perspective, one about a guy who failed to appreciate his allies, dumped his most valuable party member as "useless" and ultimately lost everything, and now is working to once more get back on his feet, this time depending less on others but appreciating what help they provide. Would at least be kind of original.
I don't recall ever running across something like that.

On an unrelated note, I liked the H-story that had a guy isekai into a bad party leader shortly before he kicked out the story's main character from the party. The isekai guy still acted amorally but he didn't treat the story's main character bad and he waited until the game's main character left on his own (I think) so isekai guy wouldn't have repercussions put on him later.

I like web novels that go in an uncommon directions.
Old 2024-01-20, 19:22   Link #32
grecefar

for what is worth with life surge and life conversion between the two of them they could become unbeatable, too bad the hero is just an idiot.

priest girl getto da ze!, now the twins.
Old 2024-01-20, 20:25   Link #33
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
for what is worth with life surge and life conversion between the two of them they could become unbeatable, too bad the hero is just an idiot.

priest girl getto da ze!, now the twins.
They could be unbeatable if both were as serious as Rud is. I'm not entirely clear about the "Absorb Shield" or whether/how it replenishes. At first I figured it just continues to go down and doesn't recover, from the way Rud was getting over the loss of points, but I'm getting the impression now that it does replenish, but he'd just started to lose points more rapidly, due to the harder enemies and the Hero's overdependence on what should have been a last resort. As is, they wouldn't be unstoppable together because the Hero can't fight without depending entirely on the same energy being used to protect him and everyone else. That said, if he were to do some actual training and become tough enough and strong enough to dodge or withstand attacks without dependence on the Shield, and to deliver serious damage to enemies without tapping in, then yes they would be unmatched. As is, everyone's strength is drawing from the same well, and drawing enough that even a well as bountiful as Rud's can run dry fast.
Old 2024-01-21, 00:03   Link #34
Greenish Growth

Ep3:

Yeah well, at least the party leader didn't say the guy who left must have put a curse on him. I thought he was going to say that.

I wanted to like this show, but it's just not terribly interesting for me. The only things that stand out so far are him being a tank and the way the other party members acted after he left.
Old 2024-01-21, 22:56   Link #35
Strahan

Always have to have the trite asshole hero it seems, lol. The Japanese predilection for apology is a little irritating sometimes. Rud didn't really have anything to apologize for.

Gee, monster of the week has a miasma condition that a cleric can be useful against, just when a cleric comes into the picture. Wow! Handy lol.

Talking about unique writing, it'd be funny to have one of these settings where you have a supposedly inept hero party member but just to be different have the hero be a nice guy and him and inept person amicably agree to part ways. Then a little down the road, hero finds out about some hidden power of the person somehow and goes out to get him back only to have them continually just missing each other heh.
Old 2024-01-27, 17:50   Link #36
grecefar

Well... this is a drop for me.

I was bored and it felt like a chore to end the chapter. When I feel like that is better to drop it and I already have too much to watch saturdays.
Old 2024-01-28, 01:14   Link #37
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'll stick with it.

The clan thing is kind of interesting. Sounds like it's trying to get the adventurer guild a little closer to the original concept. Would be interesting to see a story that really does keep a lot of the original guild concept. Only one on Master level can run a "clan", and apprentice-levels cannot work unless they're taken in by a Master, which is hindered by the guild controlling both how many Masters exist and how many apprentices any Master can train. Journeyman level adventurers are free to switch from clan to clan, maybe even encouraged to help expand their horizons and learn from various veterans, and must work to achieve a quest of sufficient level in a leadership position to apply for assessment as a new Master. I don't know, seems like the structure could be made interesting. Beats constantly just calling them "Rank F-SS", though these still could be used (F-E = apprentice, D-C = journeyman, B-A = Master, S is "Grand Master" or "Adept" or something, and something similar for SS, maybe even requiring that certain ranks in the guild's administration be A or S).

As for this, I will say it's nice to see a hero be a little more aware of things, such as how he simply pretends to be "Oblivious to Love" as a gentle way to avoid relationships he can't really handle at the moment. Also nice to see them having the hero focus a lot on working as a Tank, as a lot of "support" heroes seem to do less and less "support" once they're expelled.
Old 2024-01-28, 03:09   Link #38
magnuskn

It's not an outstanding story, but decent enough to stick with it (for me), unless it becomes more mundane still.
Old 2024-01-28, 05:01   Link #39
Huh...?

Watch this only if you want to timepass.

The story isn't good or bad, while the Animation goes from average to horrible quite regularly.

Dialogues are cheesy as well.
I mean, the MC didn't want to create a Clan because he wouldn't have freedom or time to do any Adventure Work (making it harder for him to find the cure for his Sister), as apparently he believed that running a Clan is a Solo job, and asking someone else to help with his work would bother others.

I would have atleast understood that logic if MC was the type who did all the work in his previous party (like many of those Airhead jack-of-all-trade/housekeeper type MC's whose only work was support or solo management of the party).
But that's not the case here.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 08:33   Link #40
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I had a tough time making it to the end of the episode this week myself.

I usually don't mind it but somehow here the siscon thing feels like it sucks the oxygen out of the story and/or harem. Everyone else in the cast feels kind of hollow. Probably a drop at this point but if I get bored I might give it another chance in the future.