Notices

Old 2010-02-13, 10:18   Link #3041
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So, after two dates ( and a few kisses) is getting something for her on V-day, fine?

Doesn't seem too forward or anything?
Doesn't seem too forward to me, at least judging from how things have gone for you so far.
Old 2010-02-13, 13:19   Link #3042
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So, after two dates ( and a few kisses) is getting something for her on V-day, fine?

Doesn't seem too forward or anything?
Something small. You don't want to scare her away or raise the bar too high.
Old 2010-02-13, 13:27   Link #3043
Habhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Something small. You don't want to scare her away or raise the bar too high.
What Drag said.
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:25   Link #3044
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I can't do anything with my girlfriend. Because I live in a homeless shelter and have zero privacy, and don't have the money to rent a hotel room for the day. And the shelter treats people living there like children, so there's no way we can do anything. At all.

This sucks. =|
Old 2010-02-13, 14:25   Link #3045
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Small box of chocolates?
Old 2010-02-13, 14:26   Link #3046
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

With the money I don't have, yeah...

I want to have sex with her, because it hasn't been able to happen due to logistical concerns. This is annoying me tremendously.

Shit I wish I had more friends here, at least then maybe someone would be able to loan us a guest room for a few hours. ><
Old 2010-02-13, 14:28   Link #3047
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Just in case if anyone didn't realise, cat-ear hairbands make good V-day gifts, coupled with the excuse of "I want to see how cute you look in that."

Of course, this suggestion is packaged with a disclaimer : the author of this post is not responsible for any heart failures. Thank you.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:34   Link #3048
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I can't do anything with my girlfriend. Because I live in a homeless shelter and have zero privacy, and don't have the money to rent a hotel room for the day. And the shelter treats people living there like children, so there's no way we can do anything. At all.

This sucks. =|
Doesn't she have a place to invite you to?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:43   Link #3049
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Just in case if anyone didn't realise, cat-ear hairbands make good V-day gifts, coupled with the excuse of "I want to see how cute you look in that."

Of course, this suggestion is packaged with a disclaimer : the author of this post is not responsible for any heart failures. Thank you.
I need one of those. Name a shop that would normally sell them
Old 2010-02-13, 14:45   Link #3050
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

This sucks. =|
Sorry but...how do you use a computer if you live in a homeless shelter?

Quote:

I want to have sex with her, because it hasn't been able to happen due to logistical concerns. This is annoying me tremendously.

Shit I wish I had more friends here, at least then maybe someone would be able to loan us a guest room for a few hours. ><
You can always steal someone's credit card and use it to get a room at a cheap motel where they only care about getting paid.

Seriously, don't steal a credit card though, that's not cool.
Old 2010-02-13, 14:54   Link #3051
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:

This sucks. =|
Quote:

Snap! How'd you end up in there? If I lived near Berkeley I might, but I'm like tens of thousands of miles away, and don't have a guest room anyway. What about her place?
Old 2010-02-13, 14:57   Link #3052
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Doesn't she have a place to invite you to?
She's there, too. We're casualties of the shitty economy. We're not the only ones, either. There's at least four other couples and two of them are married, and we can barely even look at our partners lovingly without the staff members flipping out about inappropriate behavior. =|

Quote:
Sorry but...how do you use a computer if you live in a homeless shelter?
When I got evicted from my apartment, I only lost most of my stuff, but not all. I still have an older Asus netbook which I use at various free wifi hotspots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Snap! How'd you end up in there? If I lived near Berkeley I might, but I'm like tens of thousands of miles away, and don't have a guest room anyway. What about her place?
... she's in the shelter, too.
Old 2010-02-13, 15:11   Link #3053
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
She's there, too. We're casualties of the shitty economy. We're not the only ones, either. There's at least four other couples and two of them are married, and we can barely even look at our partners lovingly without the staff members flipping out about inappropriate behavior. =|
Well, you are with other people and should act respectfully. Although you don't have to worry about getting knocked up accidentally and adding a new resident to the shelter.

Quote:
When I got evicted from my apartment, I only lost most of my stuff, but not all. I still have an older Asus netbook which I use at various free wifi hotspots.
That's rough. I can't and won't begin to imagine or understand any of that. I'm living at home and if I ever get evicted, I'd have my parents, grandparents, aunts, and cousins offer me a place to stay.
Old 2010-02-13, 15:14   Link #3054
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Well, you are with other people and should act respectfully. Although you don't have to worry about getting knocked up accidentally and adding a new resident to the shelter.
Well it'd be kind of hard for that to happen in the first place since we're both girls. >.>;
Old 2010-02-13, 15:20   Link #3055
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Well it'd be kind of hard for that to happen in the first place since we're both girls. >.>;
Yeah, exactly. Hence the joke.
Old 2010-02-13, 15:27   Link #3056
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:

... she's in the shelter, too.
Ah, that's quite bad. As far as wishing you all the best, there isn't much I can do
Old 2010-02-13, 16:06   Link #3057
Animelover#1
Kouta...

this is the part where i'd like to smack the world leaders in the face. I've read a book on homelessness. If you don't have a home address it's extremely difficult to get a job.

Syn, Do either you or your partner have any friends or relatives you can borrow a room from untill you can get a job?
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 16:19   Link #3058
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
Syn, Do either you or your partner have any friends or relatives you can borrow a room from untill you can get a job?
I can't speak for her partner, but Syn and her family aren't on the best of terms.
Old 2010-02-13, 16:55   Link #3059
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I can't speak for her partner, but Syn and her family aren't on the best of terms.
Sounds really bad. Really makes me upset knowing this is happening.
Old 2010-02-13, 17:10   Link #3060
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
I need one of those. Name a shop that would normally sell them
Ebay. Of course! You can get them too at any cosplay shop, but I am not sure about J-list if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Her parents already did the job of raising her. How she lives the rest of her life, and who she chooses to be with, is entirely up to her. Though the rest of the society should have that minimal intelligence to comprehend the abovementioned fact.

I am a person who supports the rights of same-sex relationship (F-F only) for "whimsical" reasons (I find yuri cute and beautiful, and yaoi downright disgusting), so I won't preach about the natural place of XY-XX bonds in continuity of whatever shit human race reasons. I never had a love relationship with a girl IRL before, but I do know the pragmatic side of its sustainability still boils down to money, which means, a stable job.

No offense Syn, but if you change your outlook about the world abit, your life might change for the better. The next job you find, do it with a positive attitude, for a start. It is because if there are people like Drago who don't reel their head in disgust at your sexuality, and yet are still able to crack jokes about it, it goes to show that the world is not as screwed up as you think it to be.

P.S I have family issues too. I know how is it like to be branded the black sheep of the family. Baa~.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom