Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 00:55   Link #1521
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Can we say that Jacory Harris is an overrated QB who makes interceptions like it's nothing to him. My body is ready to see alot changes for THUG U!
I don't see how he's overrated. He's inconsistent and throws interceptions, everyone knows it. A few people considered a potential Heisman darkhorse but he's never widely been considered one of the country's best QBs.

And the "thug" label is really old man. Compare the amount of arrests or NCAA investigations Miami has had in comparison to other schools the last decade. Seriously, people need to get over the 80s and 90s.
Old 2010-10-31, 05:06   Link #1522
Samari
World's Greatest

Steelers at Saints looks like a good matchup for today's games. I don't think I'll get to see it though because I'll be doing homework.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 05:29   Link #1523
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Ah, when was the last time I posted here?

I'm going more with the Packers vs Jets match. Of course, being on the other side of the world, I'll have to watch the highlights instead.

Predictions:
1) Steelers vs Saints: Steelers to win this one. Saints aren't really as good as they were last year when they won the SB, and with Reggie Bush out, I'm favouring the Steelers' defense to be too much for the Saints' offense.

2) Packers vs Jets: Tough choice, but I'll go with the Packers. Can't really decide between these two.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 13:10   Link #1524
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I don't see how he's overrated. He's inconsistent and throws interceptions, everyone knows it. A few people considered a potential Heisman darkhorse but he's never widely been considered one of the country's best QBs.

And the "thug" label is really old man. Compare the amount of arrests or NCAA investigations Miami has had in comparison to other schools the last decade. Seriously, people need to get over the 80s and 90s.
I don't see you saying Criminoles nor calling Gator bad names. But I like the term Miami referring them as "THUG U" because of their beatdown not for their past mistakes. I'm like sports with more aggressiveness but not too much without the fun.

I see him overrated just because of his precision and it seems when you try to get in the pocket, take your time alot where there hole you take advantage but Harris did not do it right so obviously the QB coach should be fired or the main head coach who was part in 80s and 90s Miami years.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 13:20   Link #1525
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Lol, Londoners always get the shitty games.

The only good one was the Chargers/Saints game like two years ago.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 13:20   Link #1526
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I don't see you saying Criminoles nor calling Gator bad names. But I like the term Miami referring them as "THUG U" because of their beatdown not for their past mistakes. I'm like sports with more aggressiveness but not too much without the fun.

I see him overrated just because of his precision and it seems when you try to get in the pocket, take your time alot where there hole you take advantage but Harris did not do it right so obviously the QB coach should be fired or the main head coach who was part in 80s and 90s Miami years.
Referring to them as "thug U" because of loss is just immature dude.

A lack of "precision" doesn't make you overrated.

Whether Shannon should be let go is another argument for another day. That the QB coach should be fired makes zero sense though. Harris and his struggles are well-documented but he's had some big moments too and the QB coach must be doing something right if the 4th string QB can come off the bench and spark a near-comeback.
Old 2010-10-31, 15:46   Link #1527
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Lol, Londoners always get the shitty games.

The only good one was the Chargers/Saints game like two years ago.
That game was awful at first, but got better at the end. Glad we pulled out the victory.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-10-31, 16:20   Link #1528
Elo the Blue

The Lions/Redskins game was really fun. Detroit's d-line absolutely tore up Washington's o-line and Megatron was unstoppable.
Old 2010-10-31, 17:50   Link #1529
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Favre just got carted off. . .and it's not his ankle.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:44   Link #1530
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Satisfying win for the Patriots. I was especially impressed by McCourty and Green Ellis.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:45   Link #1531
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Favre just got carted off. . .and it's not his ankle.
I think his head was in field before he was carted off! Sad to say it but time to put up No. 4 for good! T Jax did well and I think they wont make it to the playoffs since Man Drama and Purse Boy (Jared Allen) took over.
Old 2010-10-31, 21:28   Link #1532
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Referring to them as "thug U" because of loss is just immature dude.

A lack of "precision" doesn't make you overrated.

Whether Shannon should be let go is another argument for another day. That the QB coach should be fired makes zero sense though. Harris and his struggles are well-documented but he's had some big moments too and the QB coach must be doing something right if the 4th string QB can come off the bench and spark a near-comeback.
Yeah, as others have pointed out, Thug "U" is an old term. Granted, they have largely cleaned up their act, but old nicknames die hard, whether positive, negative, or neutral... kind of like "Choke"-lahoma, Ole "Piss", UGA"ly", or LS"Who"
Old 2010-10-31, 22:20   Link #1533
Elo the Blue

Let's go Saints! With a Steelers loss, the Ravens go to the top of the AFC North.
Old 2010-10-31, 23:20   Link #1534
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

GEAUUUUUUUX SAINTS!!!

Dynasty back on track haterz!!!!!!^^

Seriously though, we had like 1 Cornerback and 5 Safteys playing defense and were great tonight on D...When we get Bush and Pierre Thomas back after the bye we'll be straight...Offense still struggling, but we put that DieNASTY (Dynasty) pose on the Steel Curtain in the 4th...Polamalu had dandruff on his shoulders in the 4th, we got his a$$! Hell Yeah....Back on track baby...
Old 2010-11-01, 01:37   Link #1535
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
GEAUUUUUUUX SAINTS!!!

Dynasty back on track haterz!!!!!!^^

Seriously though, we had like 1 Cornerback and 5 Safteys playing defense and were great tonight on D...When we get Bush and Pierre Thomas back after the bye we'll be straight...Offense still struggling, but we put that DieNASTY (Dynasty) pose on the Steel Curtain in the 4th...Polamalu had dandruff on his shoulders in the 4th, we got his a$$! Hell Yeah....Back on track baby...
I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Especially with Atlanta in your division.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-11-01, 10:25   Link #1536
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Especially with Atlanta in your division.
And the Bucs who are surprisingly 5-2, although they're much less of a problem than Atlanta. Oh and it's been one game.

Still good game by the Saints though, showing up in top form. Their defense brought pressure all game to Roethlisberger, creating plenty of turnovers for the Saints.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 12:30   Link #1537
dhh11

Vikings lose again!, Patriots go to 6-1 proving again why the Patriots are the best NFL team in the AFC. Did anyone see Randy Moss' post game press conference interview, saying that he will no longer answer questions from the media for the rest of the season and will only answer his own questions. Is it me or has Randy Moss just given up playing football ever since he got traded from the Patriots to the Vikings.

Oh yeah, its MNF today. I can't wait to see my Colts beat the Texan tonight.
dhh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 13:39   Link #1538
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh11 View Post
Did anyone see Randy Moss' post game press conference interview, saying that he will no longer answer questions from the media for the rest of the season and will only answer his own questions. Is it me or has Randy Moss just given up playing football ever since he got traded from the Patriots to the Vikings.
Straight Cash Homie!

Yea I saw that. I bet the reporters were like wtf is going on? I wonder if he's going to get fined for this.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 14:39   Link #1539
dhh11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Straight Cash Homie!

Yea I saw that. I bet the reporters were like wtf is going on? I wonder if he's going to get fined for this.
It looks like ESPN is reporting that Randy Moss is being released from the Vikings. I wonder which team is going to pick up Moss knowing that he just wouldn't talk to reporters.
dhh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 14:47   Link #1540
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh11 View Post
It looks like ESPN is reporting that Randy Moss is being released from the Vikings. I wonder which team is going to pick up Moss knowing that he just wouldn't talk to reporters.
Looks like Vikings not only made the worst decision in NFL History but they just lost the season with anticipation.

Way to screw things and be butthurt over your pathetic Head Coach Brad Childress

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...=breaking_news

Tags
american football, sports