AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-01-24, 00:23   Link #2541
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I love it when people say crap like "He's got a ton of make up on" and the female cosplayers DONT!?
Old 2015-01-24, 22:02   Link #2542
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Another epic report Liddo-Kun! ^_^
Wow, there are so many great cosplays at this event. O_O
First, let me just say that all of your companions cosplays look simply amazing; if I recall correctly, didn't your friends go to a tailor to have their costumes made? Just for curiosities sake, how much does a costume like that run? The workmanship that went into them is simply stunning.
As for the cosplays that stood out to me the most: Airi's Miku, Marie's Miku, Karen's Satsuki, Florilyn's Akihito, Dianne's Mirai, JC Torres's Kirito, Mich's Rena (I hope that she is feeling better), Doll Tsukino's Mirai (It's interesting how there are two completely different Miku and Mirai characters being cosplayed in this event. ), Em Em's Baby Doll, Kate Armea's Miku, Alice Chang's Honoka, Larah's costrip, Mikhaela's Yoshino, Miku Miku and Nachan Yllona's lolita cosplays (Alice?), Caloy's Scorpion (I'm not a fan Mortal Kombat, but the costume is awesome), Rizza Felias's Rin, Maria Arne's Mirai (Mirai is very popular at this event), Fatima's Chiyo (Chiyo!! ^_^), Lin Ling's Kotori, Teresa Mae's Ryuuko, Grace's Aqua.
And for the ones your friends got: April's Miku, Rhoan's Asuna, Haruhi Chiisai's Nico.

A couple of my favorite characters from series of late, that I haven't seen cosplayed that much, are Isuzu Sento (Amagi Brilliant Park) and Takao (D-Frag!); please keep an eye out for them.

You should really look at making a DeviantArt account, there are a lot of people there that upload photographs taken at cosplay events, and you can easily create a gallery for each specific event that you attend.
Old 2015-01-25, 08:50   Link #2543
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Palsa-san

Before anything else. To you our good friend. From each person in our cosplay group, a belated happy birthday to you. Best wishes and more birthdays to come.

We did the shot before going to Otaku Expo 2015 today (Karen borrowed the Miku Izayoi costume from MJ).

Yeah, we did go to a tailor. Oh, and about how each costume costs? It depends.. for the simple schoolgirl uniforms, that would be 800 to 1000 pesos and a 2 week wait. For the more complicated ones, like spirit form of Date A Live characters - it costs 3000 to 4000 pesos (100 USD), and a one month + 5 week wait.

Deviantart? Ok, I'll think about it. Thanks.

To keep on topic with the thread. Here's a few more pics from Christmas Toyfair 2014.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2015-01-25 at 09:09.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 17:24   Link #2544
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Thank you so much for the birthday greeting, it's been a great one this year!
Old 2015-01-26, 06:30   Link #2545
Liddo-kun
is this so?

You're welcome. And thank you too for being our card designer.

Quote:
A couple of my favorite characters from series of late, that I haven't seen cosplayed that much, are Isuzu Sento (Amagi Brilliant Park) and Takao (D-Frag!); please keep an eye out for them.
Oh, sorry forgot to reply about that (plenty of convention plans in my mind right now ><). Hmm, please send me a visitor message with pics of those characters - so it would be easier for me to spot them. :3

To keep on topic with the thread. Here's one more pic from Christmas Toyfair.

Old 2015-01-26, 19:28   Link #2546
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Nice cosplay, and I'll do that.
Old 2015-03-12, 04:02   Link #2547
Undertaker

Dian Tsou, A cosplayer who is also work as show girl from Taiwan.

Cute and petite with a hyper personality...

Kuroko:

Her Facebook fan page:

https://www.facebook.com/DinaDiAnTsoU

maid:

Last edited by Kotohono; 2015-03-12 at 20:02.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 16:20   Link #2548
RichardFromMarple

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=fb472feed5

Taken at the Manchester Valentine's cosplay meet

For some reason it won't embed the picture directly.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 22:20   Link #2549
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Those are some nice cosplays. ^_^

Here are a few from the Persona series:
Yukiko Amagi by rae-yei.
Rise Kujikawa by meltyfate. (the same cosplayer as this post.)
Mitsuru Kirijo by YumiKoyuki.
P3 group by DeltaRee.
Old 2015-03-14, 07:13   Link #2550
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Undertaker

Oh, that's a cute cosplayer from Taiwan. Meido with a gun cosplay. ^^

@RichardFromMarple

You had a cosplay event during Valentines day? That's cool. ahoho

Our cosplay group did meet last feb 14 - but no one cosplayed. We just made some sweets for giving away to friends.

@Palsa-san

Nice batch of Persona coslayers. The Yukiko Amagi cosplay is my favorite.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2015-03-14 at 08:02.
Old 2015-03-15, 17:59   Link #2551
RichardFromMarple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post

@RichardFromMarple

You had a cosplay event during Valentines day? That's cool. ahoho

Our cosplay group did meet last feb 14 - but no one cosplayed. We just made some sweets for giving away to friends.
It was actually a week later, the organiser chose the nearest date enough of us were free.
Old 2015-03-26, 12:39   Link #2552
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Otaku Expo 2015 (day 2)

First of all, sorry for this super delayed writeup. A lot of things happened since January. Anyway, this is the first anime convention that our group attended for the year 2015. This event was held last January 24-25, at the SM Megamall Megatrade Halls. We attended the second day.

Without any further delay here are the pics:

Asuna Yuuki cosplay by MJ, Stocking Anarchy cosplay by Mich, and a Miku Izayoi cosplay by Karen. They are my companions in going to this con. Karen got hungry so we passed the cake shop while walking to the convention area. xD

. . .

We now go up the escalator to the 5th floor, where the megatrade halls are located.

Time: approximately 11:30 a.m
Place: hallway of 5th floor

First thing we did is buy tickets.

Place: inside the megatrade hall

Mich and MJ wants to join the cosplay event on stage, so we went to Mindy, the man in charge of the stage audio. We gave him a usb with "Fallen Angel" and "crossing field". He's a friendly person.

Let's take a short look at some of the shops.

Kurumi wall scroll. Did not have enough money to buy it. ;__;

Onodera mug. She is the next cosplan of someone in our group. ^^

There are more cosplayers outside than inside, so we went out for awhile.

Mary Joy cosplaying as Misuzu Kusakabe. And a Taiga Aisaka cosplay by Angela - hmm, this looks like the costume for the angel version - the only thing missing are the wings.

Maki Nishikino cosplay by Yukiko Deisori

. .

Shirou cosplay by Aira. No Game No Life is still famous over here.

Oops, received a text from Nats.. she is one of the persons that we are supposed to meet today. She has the Miku Hatsune headphones that we ordered. Met her in front of a megatrade hall. Succesfully received the item from her. ^^

Time: approximately 2:30 pm
Place: inside the megatrade hall being used for photoshoots

This megatrade hall does not contain any shops. The whole area is being used by cosplayers to do photoshoots and simply to relax.

Chitoge from Nisekoi. Cosplay by Beri.

There is also a Marika (from Nisekoi) cosplayer who is nearby, but I got distracted because I thought one of our bags went missing. Wasn't able to take a pic of the Marika. Gomen. ><

Went out again.

Place: Hallway of 5th floor

Hosyu Akihiko cosplaying as Kotori Minami (Bokura wa ima no Naka de version). She is a very tall girl. And nice cosplay too. :3

Taiga cosplay (final episode version) by Isabel.

We meet another Date A Live cosplayer at last. Pat Flores cosplaying as Kurumi. Hmm, it feels like I've seen her at a previous convention. Just can't remember exactly where.

Rested for a while at the sides. Met a friend while we were resting. It's our friend Claire. She's also a Kotori Minami cosplayer (Wonderful Rush version). But she's not wearing her costume today. She went to the con because someone rented her boots.

Time: a little past 3 pm in the afternoon
Place: inside the megatrade hall

Claire went with us for awhile. We found some nice Love Live pillows inside. Kotori is really a famous character. ><

Cute Pusheen pillows. ^^

Met another friend inside. Olive Uy is our friendly and reliable costume maker. The dress of the Miku Izayoi costume that we have right now, and the Chobits costume that I posted on a previous writeup are both created by her.

Starting to get hungry, we've been walking almost non stop for more than 2 hrs already. Time for a little food and drink.

Place: food court of SM Megamall

We bought some burgers to get some strength back. Hmm, and Claire is testing the Miku Hatsune headphones that we got from Nats. It fits perfectly. :3

At this time of the day. Karen's foot is already painful, because of the high heels. We decide to go up and rest inside the megatrade hall that is being used for photoshoots.

???? cosplay by Teresa Mae. Sorry, I didn't realize that she wrote on my mini notebook... only her name and nickname. Forgot to ask what character she's cosplaying as. Looks like a character from Death Note.

Place: megatrade hall
Time: almost 4:30 in the afternoon

Reached the megatrade hall at last. Here we are an entire group again. I informed MJ and Mich that it might be time to line up for the individual cosplay competition - they went to the line up area. Karen still has a hard time walking, so we rested here for awhile.

Saw another friend while resting.

Kristine Tuting cosplaying as Tsumiki Minwha from Acchi Kocchi, she's a friend that I haven't met for a long time. Glad to see her here.

. . . . . .

Kristine is member of the Thomasian Nihon Kyokai Organization. She's an organizer in the group.
Their fb page: https://www.facebook.com/ThomasianNi...message_bubble

They would be having a japanese fashion show. TNK JFashion 5 Shiki: Haru, Natsu, Aki, Fuyu at April 11, 5 pm onwards. For those from the Philippines reading this - you might want to attend. It would be fun. ",)

Ririchiyo Shirakiin demon form. Cosplay by Chiyo Aname

Mirai Kuriyama cosplay by Tiffany Allison - we tried to be look for someone who would lend a blood sword props, but can't find anyone. Anyway. the cosplay is still good even without the sword. :3

. . .

Madoka Kaname cosplay by Shaila Albis

. .

Finn from Adventure Time. Cosplay by Alvin - he's the borther of Shaila.

Time: approximately 5:30

Sadly.. I miscalculated the time, ended up not being able to watch MJ and Mich walk on the stage. Uwah... not able to take a video of them. ;______;

Johna Mae cosplaying as human mono bear

Mirai Kuriyama cosplay by Seven Towes

Ok, saw one more friend. This time it's Chiisai, our loli cosplayer friend - just kidding ok. ^^

Nico Yazawa cosplay (Mogyutto version) by Haruhi Chiisai

. . . .

And last pic for the day is Donna Mae. She's cosplaying as Monomi from Dangan Ronpa. Thank you for the belated Christmas gift Donna-chan. ^^

Time: almost 7 pm in the evening

It has been an enjoyable day, and it is now time to go home. Not sure, but might come back next year for Otaku Expo 2016. ",)

__________________________________________________ ___

More pics.

Disclaimer: these photos were not shot by me, they are contributed by friends who also attended the anime convention. Credits goes to their respective photographers.

Haruhi cosplay by Irish Paladin.

Death Gun cosplay by Shocross Michael Mendoza. Our very reliable props maker. Stocking Anarchy sword used by Mich was crafted by him.

Asuna cosplay by MJ. These are pics while she's on stage. Was not able to video it because I forgot the time. Gomen Mj-cat. ><

. .

Alice cosplay by Christine Joy Mckeehan

. .

Noragami group cosplay by Jin Desalisa (Yukine cosplayer) and her friends.

Spoiler:

Oh, and for some news from the cosplay community in the Philippines. Saw this news almost right after the convention was over... it's from Deremoe:
__________________________________________________ _______

Pics taken after getting home:

Would like to thank Hime-chan for this AKB48 item. Hmm, looks liek a goodluck charm. For some reason I have no pics of her ><, but I did include here the link to her Worldcosplay (inside the spoiler). They recently did an AKB0048 photoshoot. ^^

Love Live mini bag from Donna-chan.

And a Love Live group pic. I bought it from one of the stores.

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading. ",)

Next convention that we would attend is the 8th PCC on April 12.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2015-04-23 at 17:49.
Old 2015-03-26, 20:13   Link #2553
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Especially like the Madoka, Alice and Minniwha cosplays. Very nice!
Old 2015-03-26, 21:56   Link #2554
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Awesome report Liddo-kun!
There were a lot of great cosplays in the event, unfortunately I don't have time right now to muster up a list of the ones that stood out the most to me, but I'll see if I can find some time to do that tomorrow.
Old 2015-03-27, 10:18   Link #2555
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Flower

Thanks. Kristine (the Tsumiki Minwha cosplayer) has a little doubt at first because she's tall and the real character is a loli... but she really likes Tsumiki, so she pushed through with the cosplay plan. I think it turned out well enough. ^^

@Palsa-san

Thank you. There's plenty of coplayers, espescially in the late afternoon. But I can't take pics of everyone I saw due to fatigue, and there's also the need to keep an eye on our bags. Anyway, glad that you liked some of them.

I will try to post the PCC writeup as soon as I can after the event happens on April 12.
Old 2015-03-27, 10:20   Link #2556
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@Liddo-Kun

A lot of very nice cosplays here. Thanks for sharing!

It was particularly nice to see a Haruhi cosplayer. I can't recall the last time I saw a Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay. This particular one was very well-done - the school uniform and the yellow headband were wonderfully done, and the pose was great.

My other favorite cosplays - Maki, Kotori, Madoka, and Mirai Kuriyama.

Special notes - Maki's cosplayer did a great job on the hair, and I love that particular LL! costume. Kotori did a great job on the hair-styling to match Kotori. I really liked Madoka's bow - excellent job by her cosplayer. Mirai was just all-around well-done. I'm not even a big KnK fan, so for Mirai to stand out to me as she did speaks highly of the cosplayer here.

Edit: I missed how you had two Mirais. The 2nd one is good as well, but I was talking about Tiffany's Mirai.
Old 2015-03-27, 10:34   Link #2557
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Triple R

Ooh, you liked the Haruhi cosplayer? Beware.. she liks to roleplay as monobear (from Danganronpa). Just kidding. xD

Anyway, I'll show her your post.

To keep on topic with the thread. Here are two more pics from OE 2015.

Old 2015-03-27, 15:46   Link #2558
RichardFromMarple

The look great, I'm going to a cosplay photoshoot tomorrow & will try to take some photos to upload.
Old 2015-03-27, 21:42   Link #2559
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Well, once again my schedule wont allow me the time to write up a list on the cosplays that I liked the most, so instead I'll have to settle with the highly abridged version.
All of them.
(Seriously, I liked them all. )
I do however feel the I need to mention that Olive Uy's costumes are all completely epic.
Old 2015-03-28, 18:20   Link #2560
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Flower

Kristine (the Tsumiki cosplayer) has a message for you.

Oh, and I would like to take this chance to post pics for the japanese fashion show that she is currently organizing. Being in kimono stiill counts as cosplay, so I guess it's legal to place them on this thread. ^^

Pics edited by Kristine.

@RichardFromMarple

Ok, looking forward to see the pics that you would get. :3

@Palsa-san

I would tell Olive what you said. **

Tags
cosplay, photo