AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Jailbreaker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 28.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 14.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-12-02, 05:08   Link #41
Side-streetdog

Since Oumi Shuri is here, will other ninjas be here?
Ninjas in Toaru universe are pretty interesting, sadly they didn't get enough attention.
Old 2017-12-02, 23:42   Link #42
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
Since Oumi Shuri is here, will other ninjas be here?
Ninjas in Toaru universe are pretty interesting, sadly they didn't get enough attention.
Well, what can ninjas do when facing a magician or a high lv esper rėght
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 00:01   Link #43
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Uiharu acts weird this chapter, as if she got the reverse-Saiai treatment. [Context: the LN has shown Saiai as more energetic and playful while Railgun depicts her more professional personality. On the other hand, Uiharu was introduced as a rather vulnerable girl against Ruiko, but we got this side of Uiharu which rather cold.] Did the injury from Kakine's attack somehow changed her character?

Headcanon theme song for this arc: "escape" by old fripSide.
Dream Ranker arc headcanon theme song: "Heaven is a Place on Earth" by current fripSide.

Daihaseisai arc headcanon theme song: "fictional moon" by fripSide
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-05, 09:43   Link #44
Side-streetdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
Well, what can ninjas do when facing a magician or a high lv esper rėght
They don't need to be powerful.
Many things I liked in Toaru series come from lesser tiers characters.
That's why I like Raigun more than Index, it's give us others perspectives.
It's also interesting when they face Magicians or Espers, and how they handle them.
Old 2017-12-06, 10:23   Link #45
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
They don't need to be powerful.
Many things I liked in Toaru series come from lesser tiers characters.
That's why I like Raigun more than Index, it's give us others perspectives.
It's also interesting when they face Magicians or Espers, and how they handle them.
I think that the ninja in the past were actually magicians and their ninjutsu they use was actually magic. But that art was lost, so the ninja of the actual era of to aru majutsu no index aren't magicians.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-01, 19:17   Link #46
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was a fun chapter, chapter 100. Poor Kuroko (she never gets a break). I still wish it was longer though.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-04, 12:29   Link #47
alex_drian

You see that years of endure the stupidity around and the beating of Kakine have made of Uiharu.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 02:21   Link #48
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
You see that years of endure the stupidity around and the beating of Kakine have made of Uiharu.
Yeah, I was glad to actually have that addressed. But I'm relatively amused at what manga-only railgun fans are thinking about this.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 08:34   Link #49
Inept Forum User

Would I be right in assuming that the choice for the jinmenken is more ego than practicality?
Old 2018-01-29, 05:04   Link #50
mark1246

so new ch out and.....was it ever mention that ninja girl was older then she look in the LN?
Also is this the first time we see the other ninja in the To aru verse? im just surprise railgun is the one to always introduced new things or carry over from other story (like from Acell / Index story)

it gonna be weird from now on when i see misaki cause after reading the newest Astral ch

Spoiler for spoiler big time:
Old 2018-01-31, 09:45   Link #51
LazyHunter

Yeah, Shuri was mentioned in NT to look like a child due to some sort of disease.
Spoiler for New Testament Spoilers:
It doesn't surprise me that there are more ninja hidden in AC, especially given Shuri's group's goals of acquiring supernatural powers. I really like the Scavengers, so them being recurring characters in the Railgun manga is awesome. Of course, Leader's plan is sure to blow up in their faces, just like the last 2 times they encountered a Level 5.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 18:37   Link #52
Wandering Soul

It's not like most plans survive contact with a level 5.
Old 2018-02-28, 09:15   Link #53
LazyHunter

Ayame is tougher than she looks. I wasn't expecting her to do much once inside the jail due to the AIM Jammers, but she got to look cool one more time before losing.
Spoiler for NT Spoilers:
Old 2018-02-28, 13:18   Link #54
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Ayame is tougher than she looks. I wasn't expecting her to do much once inside the jail due to the AIM Jammers, but she got to look cool one more time before losing.
Spoiler for NT Spoilers:
These ninjas, are you sure they don't have any esper power or magic? The 2 girls are doing some impossible tricks, this is nothing like Hanzo or Sugitani.
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 15:37   Link #55
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
These ninjas, are you sure they don't have any esper power or magic? The 2 girls are doing some impossible tricks, this is nothing like Hanzo or Sugitani.
They are either using magic or some weird ninja trick/technique because now that everyone is past the big wall they can't use esper powers that much due to the AIM Jammers (like Ayame mentions in this chapter).
Old 2018-02-28, 18:01   Link #56
KiharaRonin

Plus, they broke into AC to steal Esper Power secrets or AC technology to implement anyway so Esper Powers wouldn't make sense anyway.
Old 2018-03-30, 02:18   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler but either way:

Spoiler for Names of future arcs from main series:

Also, I gotta say that those two dudes with the Proton packs from Ghostbusters were amazingly random.
Old 2018-03-30, 02:50   Link #58
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^

Who were the
Spoiler for future arc name:
people?
Old 2018-03-30, 13:05   Link #59
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

The hawawa girl is cute as hell, but given the person who writes these arcs, I'm half expecting something wild to come flying out of those sleeves.

Spoiler:
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 13:08   Link #60
LazyHunter

Tanuki mask guy is stronger than I thought, being able to deal with those gatling-type robots with a wooden sword. Figures Ya would be the first to notice something weird with Shuri given she has also used the same type of trick before.