AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 16.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 22.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 8.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-22, 21:02   Link #41
Xymor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
This episode was a bit disappointing. Accelerator pulling new powers out of his ass, for one--skim over some malformed HTML and now you're able to perform diff on a human brain?
I don't think he was pulling powers out of his ass. His power's definition is the one broad enough to mean technically anything, contolling vectors. He was rerouting the neurologic pathways inside her brain be contolling the electric pulses between neurons.
Xymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 21:06   Link #42
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymor View Post
I don't think he was pulling powers out of his ass. His power's definition is the one broad enough to mean technically anything, contolling vectors. He was rerouting the neurologic pathways inside her brain be contolling the electric pulses between neurons.
He can control vectors. However, that does not mean he can memorize garbled code with a glance and then read Last Order's mind in order to compare the two sets of code. Converting the electrochemical signals in the brain into something he can understand and modify is absurdly out of bounds. Even if he has the power to make the necessary changes, he should no where near have the mental power to know what changes to make and keep everything straight in his head. This is something he admittedly just decided to try doing on the spot.

And neurons communicate between each other chemically, not electrically, to add a whole other level of complexity to the issue.
Old 2009-02-23, 00:19   Link #43
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

rather interesting ep. obviously they saved everything, and you know he'll be alright in the end. is it a new ED? its rather nice.

next ep we get two new characters with 5 or so eps left?
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 00:21   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Was Index shafted in the novels as well? Not that I like the character anything...
Yes, she was. Only she gets more pointless scenes (like in the beach episode), and the arc that should have been after this episode focusing on her and some random episodic character gets removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe he wasn't fully unconscious.
Hah? Nai, nai, nee~yo

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 00:45   Link #45
ZeroForever

average eps so i gave it a 6, i knew what was gonna happen from light novel summaries but it still annoyed me as i like accelerator but considering what they do to him after is like ugh.

and yeah they hit accelerator with the nerf bat as a result of this incident he can only use his powers for 15 mins max and is a cripple that needs a cane to walk right (though i guess this nerf is so he can't just auto win through everyone else).

pretty much the general consensus on the books name (aka index) is that it was originally suppose to be a 1 shot but was popular enough that they continued it, afterwords it was to late to really change the name of the books, as such despite being the title character index was relegated as minor character for most novels.
Old 2009-02-23, 00:56   Link #46
BlueDo

No!~~~

They freakin' put Accelerator out of commission!?
I must say, I'm really sad...

Spoiler for lol subs:
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 05:19   Link #47
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Got a question. In the Eclipse subs, when Yoshikawa was asking Dr Frog-face to save Last Order. He mentions that has someone similar to her at home.
Spoiler for Who was he talking about?:
Old 2009-02-23, 06:17   Link #48
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Good epi, and i'm sad that is out of the show for now xDD
New ED song is good (except this toumaxindex that they put always, is annoying lol)
Well, next time probably there is the final arc of the show, maybe; Next arc which volume of the novels is?

@serenade_beta: not that i'm interested to index (because i don't like her), but can you tell me the short story that they skip, on the novel thread?
Old 2009-02-23, 08:55   Link #49
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wow.. what an utterly pointless episode. For a series that started out so strong and kept the pace it really is disappointing me.
Old 2009-02-23, 09:57   Link #50
Bordix

Quote:
The accelerator can't calculate as fast as he can as before, so his abilities are pretty much rendered useless. He is implanted with a chip so the Misaka Network can use electric waves to help him calculate by rerouting brain signals.

Apparently he isn't no longer number 1 anymore. He might be downgraded to level 4.
I see I see. So basically, Accelerator has to depend on the sisters for him to regain his calculating skills and so he can speak normally again.. So, if one of those sisters dies or disappears his uhm calculating ability would also decrease? and the microchip is on that leash thing around his neck right? If that thing gets destroyed he's pretty much useless XD

and I wonder what he'll sound like without the microchip.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 10:55   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
@serenade_beta: not that i'm interested to index (because i don't like her), but can you tell me the short story that they skip, on the novel thread?
To my best ability... To the novel thread-->

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 13:50   Link #52
ZeroForever

random thought shouldn't accelerator been able to control the vector so that the blood flowed normally in the head injury to reduce the damage/blood loss, like he did to save the doctors life.

And shouldn't the retarded doctor that intentional got shot like a retard ... i don't know ... call the hospital (or at least heaven canceller) before hand instead of having to get saved by accelerator.

i really wanna like this series more but there's way to many 'fail' moments (at least in the anime) that make me wish for character deaths to absolve my irratation with them.
Old 2009-02-23, 17:37   Link #53
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
I have a couple of comments:
I want a MID like that.
After lying on his back in a pool of his own blood (I mean, there was enough under his head that it looked like a through-and-through) why was his hair not stained red?
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 06:03   Link #54
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Actual character development made this ep worthwhile, IMO. I don't really see the point anymore in holding this show to any standards as far as logic is concerned. The bad guy was a plot device, and Accelerator pulled a power out of his ass. What's new, movie at 11. But I really did appreciate that they managed to make Accelerator come off as quite noble, which is no mean feat knowing what he was like in earlier episodes. That, and I still dig this show's use of music. It's probably the best thing about this show.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
After lying on his back in a pool of his own blood (I mean, there was enough under his head that it looked like a through-and-through) why was his hair not stained red?
Anime.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:01   Link #55
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Accelerator can change the vectors of... the plot? Your W3C asplode.
I just spat up my coffee.

But yeah, lots o' glaring holes/contradictions in this one, but managed to still be watchable. Again, the dude is struck with Kamijyo's streak of luck, plus now he's sharing his brain with over 9000 other sentients.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:07   Link #56
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
I just spat up my coffee.

But yeah, lots o' glaring holes/contradictions in this one, but managed to still be watchable. Again, the dude is struck with Kamijyo's streak of luck, plus now he's sharing his brain with over 9000 other sentients.
Indeed. Brain damage (and subsequent downgrade of ability) really sucks, but having a hivemind with OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND biri biri clones ought to more than make up for that.

Last Order ought to still have her memories of Accelerator thanks to that hivemind anyway, right?
Old 2009-02-25, 12:32   Link #57
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Indeed. Brain damage (and subsequent downgrade of ability) really sucks, but having a hivemind with OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND biri biri clones ought to more than make up for that.

Last Order ought to still have her memories of Accelerator thanks to that hivemind anyway, right?
Yeah, but wouldn't mivehind mean he can't have any "alone time" with himself? I mean, he might be a rigid dude, but he's still a... dude.
Sucks, downgrade means he can't be a one-man-army anymore. Though him + a couple of the other sisters would still make a lethal combination.

For the latter statement, that's what I figured. Having your brain in a cloud probably enables this kind of redundancy.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 05:11   Link #58
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
why´d he be off the show? Last order still didn´t appear in full clothing besides the OP, so i guess she´ll make in appearance in this season, and when she does, Accelerator will be there to look out for her;o
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 06:34   Link #59
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
why´d he be off the show? Last order still didn´t appear in full clothing besides the OP, so i guess she´ll make in appearance in this season, and when she does, Accelerator will be there to look out for her;o
well technically, she did ..
Spoiler for :

though it was some sort of a flashback.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 13:28   Link #60
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

Well , even though they turn Accelerator in the "good side" , the fact that he killed 10000 sisters is still unforgivable . The researchers too , its their fault too !

(2 little things for Amai Ao = 1) he didn't hear the car who was close ... 2) The bullet don't hurt him after ... )

The old doctor was Touma's doctor too , it seems me .

Next ep : Good Touma is back , new characters .(well we already saw them in op and ed )

So how many episodes will be out ? i think there will be a second season (like Shakugan no Shana)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote