AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-02-06, 06:29   Link #341
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
That doesn’t fly. They’re not exactly short on cash, are they?
Any problem you have on your console, and... KAPUT! Every single save file, for every single game you ever owned... is gone. That’ll never be okay. Never.

And what Switch game has save files over 5GB? I sure can’t remember any of mine that fit that bill... Not even many PS4 games do, either.
I'm aware this is a tad late, but there is precedent regarding the save file size: http://nintendotoday.com/nba-2k18-sa...-than-thought/

It isn't exactly unnatural to want 'multiple save files' in sports games like NBA2K18. If you had to extrapolate that into cloud-saves for everyone that purchased the game (and multiple saves at that), well, you get the idea.
Old 2018-02-06, 21:42   Link #342
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Sometimes, people go bankrupt after they win the lottery. Why? Because they spent a lot of money. Why did they spend money? Just because they had money.
Just a side thought.
They can use that money to make good games. I'll take care of my property.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 01:31   Link #343
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Sometimes, people go bankrupt after they win the lottery. Why? Because they spent a lot of money. Why did they spend money? Just because they had money.
Just a side thought.
They can use that money to make good games. I'll take care of my property.
like you will prevent any hardware malfunction or errors and take care of it without any mean to backup anything at all ?
if you are just going to take care not to drop it ever and hope it wont just bug out just because electronic and informatic tend to do just that, well good luck.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 07:03   Link #344
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
like you will prevent any hardware malfunction or errors and take care of it without any mean to backup anything at all ?
if you are just going to take care not to drop it ever and hope it wont just bug out just because electronic and informatic tend to do just that, well good luck.
Yeah, good luck with that, serenade_beta.
I dunno, lots and lots of (what seem to me) Nintendo apologists, these days in all corners of the internet. The company doesn't need it. They're doing just fine on their own. What they do need, tho, is better consumer support - and that's coming from a consumer that actually cares about their product. Not an angry fanboy that just rages on.

But you guys do you. I'm fine - my console is still ticking away with no problem whatsoever. But no backups in sight...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 01:09   Link #345
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
Duh?
I would do what I can to take care of my property, whether there is backup or not. I know that the handiness of the internet has made people rather lax in everything, but I hope they at least try to be careful handling stuff... that needs to be handled carefully.

Quote:
I dunno, lots and lots of (what seem to me) Nintendo apologists, these days in all corners of the internet. The company doesn't need it. They're doing just fine on their own. What they do need, tho, is better consumer support - and that's coming from a consumer that actually cares about their product. Not an angry fanboy that just rages on.

But you guys do you. I'm fine - my console is still ticking away with no problem whatsoever. But no backups in sight...
Indeed, I have had good luck so far.
The idea of not being able to use my game console until they fix and return my console is quite painful, so thanks.
Oh, as a person that may benefit from your actions, I wish the best of luck in your fight for the greater good, hahaha. Don't lose against those Nintendo apologists that you see everywhere!

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-02-10, 19:55   Link #346
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

I don't disagree that more consumer support is nice. But I've owned many consoles throughout the years like 12 + and have never had any such problem so meh... lol

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 21:37   Link #347
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I don't disagree that more consumer support is nice. But I've owned many consoles throughout the years like 12 + and have never had any such problem so meh... lol
Oh, yeah, you are one very lucky goose, indeed.

Old 2018-02-14, 11:30   Link #348
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Oh, yeah, you are one very lucky goose, indeed.
To be fair, it’s hard to tell if it’s a problem if it’s never happened to me...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-02-14, 15:34   Link #349
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
To be fair, it’s hard to tell if it’s a problem if it’s never happened to me...
Like I said: lucky.

Old 2018-02-15, 07:58   Link #350
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Like I said: lucky.
My point is that intuitively I am unsure about how likely it is for stuff to go wrong since my intuition is telling me that it practically never happens...

Old 2018-02-15, 14:43   Link #351
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
My point is that intuitively I am unsure about how likely it is for stuff to go wrong since my intuition is telling me that it practically never happens...
Dude, you're honestly telling us you've owned 12+ consoles and not a single one of them has ever given you a single serious problem? Stopped working? Died on you? Like, ever? Yeah, you have been VERY LUCKY! Practically an statistical ANOMALY.

There is no other way to go about it.
I'm not doubting you, I'm just... Really, really envious, I guess.

Old 2018-02-15, 15:18   Link #352
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or maybe... just maybe...

He actually takes proper care of his consoles so they'll last longer and not break down.
Old 2018-02-15, 18:09   Link #353
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I’ve had many consoles too, plus handhelds, and never had any problem with any of them. I still have my PS2 and even my N64 (my oldest consoles that I didn’t sell or hand down) and both still work just fine. I just don’t use my N64 as much anymore. I still hop on my old PS2 every now and then to play old visual novels. (my PS2 is set up to play JP games)
Old 2018-02-15, 19:39   Link #354
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Or maybe... just maybe...

He actually takes proper care of his consoles so they'll last longer and not break down.
Dude. Electronics do present us with problems, over time. Introduce software into the equation, and you multiply the possibilities of them appearing sooner, rather than later. Not having them is actually the exception, not the norm. Why are you giving me a hard time over this?

I’ve been playing videogames for over 35 years and I’ve lost count of the systems that have given me problems, going back to my first one, the Magnavox Odyssey 2, that my folks had to buy a second one, after the first stopped working and the warranty didn’t cover the repairs, all the way up to my PS3, which I've had to go over three separate consoles, due to a myriad of problems with each one.

Currently, my first generation PS4, Vita and Switch are still all just fine, tho.

But, like I said, if you guys never had any issues, with any of your consoles, more power to you!
I’m actually jealous!

Old 2018-02-15, 23:03   Link #355
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm just thinking that the breakdown isn't as widespread as you seem to believe. Pretty much every single one of my consoles I've ever used are perfectly functional, even my old NES. Granted, I sidestepped the whole Xbox 360 meltdown problems by not being able to afford one until they fixed that issue, but the better care you take, the longer they last. And that's with playing them just about every day I could. And I suspect that's the case for most people.
Old 2018-02-16, 06:35   Link #356
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Let's just agree to disagree. If that was the case, the memorabilia market for old consoles (or retro ones) wouldn't even exist, IMHO.

Last edited by BetoJR; 2018-02-16 at 06:48.
Old 2018-04-01, 20:23   Link #357
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hmm...
You just go down the list of games in the E-Shop but can't decide on what to buy.

Looks like a bunch of games with multi-platforming the PS4 coming up... Neh. From the looks of the import site, even the Shining series is multi-ing to the Switch, lol.
I haven't played a (real) galge in a while, so Ao no Kanata does interest me, but it is just a port of the PS4 version

Zelda Musou seems attractive enough because it contains all of the previous DLC, but the DL version is huge in size and the English version is coming up next month and Zelda isn't one of those games that would kill me with translated text or voices, so I want to wait.

Code Princess is also later.
Octopath is also later.

Hmm......

Old 2018-04-02, 02:54   Link #358
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmm...
You just go down the list of games in the E-Shop but can't decide on what to buy.

Looks like a bunch of games with multi-platforming the PS4 coming up... Neh. From the looks of the import site, even the Shining series is multi-ing to the Switch, lol.
I haven't played a (real) galge in a while, so Ao no Kanata does interest me, but it is just a port of the PS4 version

Zelda Musou seems attractive enough because it contains all of the previous DLC, but the DL version is huge in size and the English version is coming up next month and Zelda isn't one of those games that would kill me with translated text or voices, so I want to wait.

Code Princess is also later.
Octopath is also later.

Hmm......
I'm thinking of picking up Dragon Quest Builders this Fri if you haven't tried it yet. It seems great.

Old 2018-05-08, 20:51   Link #359
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Huh well, what do you know? It looks like Nintendo will start a Cloud Save service in exchange for a relatively cheap payment.
That said, I doubt games like Pokemon will allow backup, for obvious reasons.

Old 2019-02-13, 17:46   Link #360
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Direct end!

lol, IS is trash. So they actually won't be releasing it in the Spring after all. Or super-late Spring, if it still counts as Spring and assuming everything still goes well. And it still looks like the melee battles just have the army charge through the enemy like some bowling contest.
Anyways, I was worried they were going to spend too much time on that UtaPrince-School-...something game named FE, but they only used like, 6 minutes?

On the other hand, man, that big news. Rune Factory 5! The people that made 4 are still available? The team is still alive?
Though I probably won't buy 4 because I've only really played it a lot.

Also, I don't like the character designs, but considering it is a "complete" version, I might get Dragon Quest 11. And of course, the new Platinum game looks interesting.

In the meantime, it looks like Langrisser will be my next game for the Switch? I'm kinda surprised they did not introduce it on the Direct. No time or because it is also coming out for the PS4?