Old 2018-10-10, 09:28   Link #61
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

Spoiler for Cover of Volume 10:
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-10, 15:46   Link #62
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Buriki has been on track for a while, I guess he recovered from his illness.
Old 2018-11-09, 10:11   Link #63
sparhawk1610
Asura

https://imgur.com/a/05mrLvF vol 10 illus
Old 2018-11-19, 00:37   Link #64
coded321
He Who Games

so they completely destroy his school reputation and make him the pariah of the school, and he ends forgiving them just like that. sure they ended up working their asses off to restore his rep, or at least stopped him from being bullied, does karma never hit them back? seriously? furthermore, why the hell did the girls forgive sun so freaking easily? he's the one who actually used them and their feelings to fulfill a petty ass grudge. mc let them get off way too damn lightly for all the crap they put him through.

Last edited by coded321; 2018-11-19 at 02:24.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 10:34   Link #65
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Simple, no matter what they do they won't still get what they want now. Girls won't get Joro, and guys like Sun won't get Panji.

Watching the futility of their attempts is rewarding enough for me.
Old 2018-11-19, 16:35   Link #66
coded321
He Who Games

considering that they fell out of love for sun after everything was revealed, it doesn't seem like much of a punishment. again, for all the crap they put the mc through, their own punishments, whether emotional, physical, mental, or social, feel so light, so inadequate, so disproportionate in comparison. while the mc is not a saint, people like his so called friends would easily classify as pieces of sh*t for what they did, especially when all he genuinely wanted was to help and support them. in real life, relationships can permanently fall apart over far less. and all they had to do to be forgiven was apologize. if apologies were enough for matters like this, we would not need police in the world.
Old 2018-11-19, 19:36   Link #67
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Reread what I said.
Old 2018-11-19, 23:36   Link #68
coded321
He Who Games

i read and understand what you said, i still find it too light a punishment, since the girls lost their romantic feelings for sun when the truth was revealed, and sun himself realized and quickly accepted that panji would never return his feelings because she found joro to be the morally superior person. beside all that, they all came out of that ordeal unscathed except for joro who had received the most disproportionate outcome, physically, mentally, and socially. did any of those three feel any remorse, any regret down the line on how sh*tty they were and how horribly they treated joro? its like, once everyone made amends, instead of their characters developing, them identifying and fixing their flaws, they instead ignore what had happened and purposefully reset the status quo to zero rather than confronting their own flaws and issues. maybe there's a difference in how all this is portrayed in the LN compared to the manga(i read the manga), i don't know. all i believe is, friends shouldn't treat each other that way, and that relationships shouldn't be mended without confronting the underlying issues first.
Old 2018-11-20, 00:56   Link #69
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
i read and understand what you said, i still find it too light a punishment, since the girls lost their romantic feelings for sun when the truth was revealed, and sun himself realized and quickly accepted that panji would never return his feelings ...
That's where you're wrong .
- Sun still wants Panji.
- The girls still try to win Joro.
They even side with Sun to help him get Panji which in turn would leave the path to Joro free.
Old 2018-11-20, 02:33   Link #70
coded321
He Who Games

Again, my statements are all based from what I've read from the manga, and the few spoilers that are on this thread. But do any of them actually feel any regret or remorse for what they did to joro in later volumes?
Old 2019-04-10, 13:31   Link #71
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

Spoiler for Ore wo Suki Volume 11 cove:

Release: May 10th.
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-09, 10:06   Link #72
sparhawk1610
Asura

https://imgur.com/a/NEyRKn3 vol 11 illust
Old 2019-05-09, 19:11   Link #73
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Another one bites the dust.
Old 2019-05-10, 02:31   Link #74
Snowbold

Anime adaptation coming in the Fall, sweet.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-10, 21:30   Link #75
dark44

Is he losing harem or gain more?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 20:17   Link #76
charlie2020

Hi guys, new member here, but I have been up to date with the manga. Just my two cents: although the mc's best friend, female childhood friend, and president apologized, I am still left with a bad aftertaste and despise them very much for crushing the mc like that. Am I missing details where they redeem themselves, or is it just my fault that I'm too sensitive to the abuse he went through. Any thoughts on this matter? Appreciate your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Again, my statements are all based from what I've read from the manga, and the few spoilers that are on this thread. But do any of them actually feel any regret or remorse for what they did to joro in later volumes?
Take this with a grain of salt, but I think in volume 7, the president does hug the mc, not necessarily out of romantic infatuation. But there were tears in her eyes, so it's possible that she apologized to him, and knowing how the mc is all heroic/forgiving/weak-willed depending on your perspective, mc forgave her. And I believe in the manga, the girls apologized while bowing to him (something which in my opinion seemed a little weak for a genuine apology given the BS he had to go through), while the guy (I believe his name was Sun) actually did a dogeza (to kneel down as an apology). I'm sorry that I don't have info regarding the later volumes, but I hope I at least answered your question regarding their feelings of remorse.

Last edited by LKK; 2019-05-11 at 23:05. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 18:58   Link #77
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Just finish read the manga, I find this story disgusting....
Old 2019-05-25, 06:53   Link #78
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Just finish read the manga, I find this story disgusting....
The story or....you mean the characters?
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 10:11   Link #79
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

The characters.
Basically I completely agree with coded321.
For the story, I find it boring...
Old 2019-06-30, 21:47   Link #80
charlie2020

Apologize if this seems like a rant, but I still can't stand the fact that he would easily forgive those thots ("that hoe over there" for non-native English speakers) + Sun for throwing him under the bus. I mean, the closest protagonist I can see easily forgiving people is Luffy from one piece, who believes being bullied and betrayed is better than being alone (referencing when Ace and Sabo saved him during their childhood), albeit those who mistreated him had their own circumstances (traumatic past, blackmail, etc.) and ended up becoming invaluable comrades with him. On the other hand, those girls just used him for their own convenient purposes. Maybe the better analogy would be Batman from Dark Knight Trilogy. With that said, I'll painfully rationalize his reason for forgiveness.

While he was used and abused, those three were his closest high-school friends, and he probably valued his friendship with them so strongly that he forgave them for the bs they put him through. Also, some of us, including me, sh*t on him for being too nice/beta, but his niceness and subservience made him so "desirable" as a friend/lover/tool.

And it's probably in his nature to be a "bro for life"; him standing in the hot sun trying to cheer his best friend up ultimately made Panji fall for him, and his willingness to go on a limb to help Himewari and Cosmos after Sun revealed his plot made them plus other girls fall deeply in love with him once he wanted to be friends again, to the point where a spoiler even mentioned them trying to make Joro lose so that he will never talk to Panji again and open him up as a boyfriend for them.

And he was WAY MORE enraged when he confronted Sun about him toying with the girls' feelings than when he ridiculed the girls for using him. It could be argued that him being so considerate of the girls in spite of the misery he went through made them like him. But it also shows that he isn't necessarily as weak as we thought he was. He's the type that gets more mad when his friends are hurt than when he himself is.

Perhaps the author is satirizing the typical MC harem personality. Perhaps the author is demonstrating the dark side of desiring a harem. Or perhaps the purpose was to throw an extreme twist that is somewhat unprecedented for having an MC declaring his desire for a harem while having the character to take abuse. Or maybe he was portrayed this way as an alternative response to abuse.

Examples: Shield Hero reacts with desire for revenge. Hajime from Arifureta reacts with indifference unless threatened, provoked, or hindered. And it seems Joro decides a more peaceful approach. Or perhaps to cut those three off would be to surrender a harmonious relationships with three of the most influential individuals in the school.

Hopefully, what happens in the end is that he goes on a "forgive, but not forget" path as he rejects Himewari and Cosmos (he's probably picking Panji since 90% of LN covers had her in front). Personally, I wished he didn't forgive them until they begged for his help: a scenario where Sun and Himewari are about to fail their exams and must repeat a year or take summer classes, followed by the president for being unable to handle the excessive paperwork when Joro no longer provides student council a hand. This would have been more satisfying for me, but perhaps I'm too evil of a person for wishing for another person's misfortune.

I guess the only consolation is the fact that Panji is probably gonna win, but having him choose her immediately would just put an end to this so-called comedy; it's as if the author is kind of approaching a reverse-tsundere option, where the male protagonist is slowly falling in love with the female protagonist while many other notable ones have the roles reversed.

Now that I've got that frustration off my chest, hopefully I can just try to lightly enjoy whatever follows or just forget about this series and move on to slightly more wholesome series.
charlie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fake harem, harem, rom com