AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 11:38   Link #1
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Anime that need remakes/reboots or continuations

Because the original Anime didn't follow the manga faithfully, sometimes the studios wisely remake them and perfectly follow how the manga made the plot. The most recent examples are Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Hellsing Ultimate. I'm actually one of a few people who liked the original FMA, and especially Hellsing even though the majority criticises the latter for shoddy ending and the villain. For some reason I liked it more than the remade one and I thought there are quite a few of anime I want remade as well as the ones that are from Manga. At the time, it was made, maybe due to limited budget and resource, these anime suffered a number of problems like poor animation, poor ending and etc. If there are a few anime you want remade, what would they be?

First anime I want remade more than anything would be Gantz. It was a mind-boggling experience to have watched the anime because it was very poorly made compared to the manga. It cuts the story and takes some liberty of changing the characters around in the last few episodes. It misses the point of manga it was trying to portray. For a manga so epic, it's a shame the anime is so poorly executed.

Another anime I want remade would be REC considering how the OVA follows one quarter of manga and calls it end when the original source goes for much longer. This anime wasn't exactly bad but far from it. It was disappointing only because it was so short.

Probably I would probably want to see the Corpse Princess remade. There were so many potentials to be great but for some reason, there were something lacking in the series. I wanted to like it but found it rather forgettable unfortunately.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 11:45   Link #2
Westlo
Lets be reality

We should keep in mind that the manga series for both FMA and Hellsing* where still ongoing @ the time the 2nd adaptions were started.. the only reason they did this is so they could push the originial source again as well as make money off the new project.

That's why something like Gantz is a good pick.. though the live action project has made it more popular than ever so an anime remake is probably not needed...

* - I'm not too sure if Ultimate started before the Hellsing manga finished.... someone inform me.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 12:04   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Rurouni Kenshin, dammit.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 12:43   Link #4
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Rozen Maiden's season 2 definitely and Sailor Moon
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 13:28   Link #5
Homura7

Soul Eater, nuff said.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 13:30   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I want that VN-to-anime titles like Meine Liebe, Koihime Musou and Milky Holmes will get remake because the protagonist of these respective games (Erika, Hongo and Opera) are not appeared in their anime adaptations, so they are replaced by Orpherus, Kan'u and Sherlock as new protagonists respectively. Also the story and content features follow in a different way than the game.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 13:40   Link #7
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
We should keep in mind that the manga series for both FMA and Hellsing* where still ongoing @ the time the 2nd adaptions were started.. the only reason they did this is so they could push the originial source again as well as make money off the new project.

That's why something like Gantz is a good pick.. though the live action project has made it more popular than ever so an anime remake is probably not needed...

* - I'm not too sure if Ultimate started before the Hellsing manga finished.... someone inform me.
From what I heard I thought the manga was still ongoing when the Ultimate OVA started.

And if I may ask, is live action project going to be series of movies or TV shows? Either way, I cannot imagine how they are going to translate all those scenes from Manga to live-action.

Another one I thought I would mention would be GTO. As awesome as most of the episodes are, the last few episodes were lackluster and too sudden.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 13:57   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Shaman King definitely must be started over by following the manga plot and done with much much better animation. The original manga was a real page-turner just like Kami Nomi manga nowadays. Also, Break Blade should be remade too when the manga is completed in the future. Some important character development are non-existent in the OVAs. Not mentioning the abrupt end.
Old 2011-09-11, 13:59   Link #9
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Whenever the manga finishes, please remake Claymore...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 14:22   Link #10
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kurenai needs a proper remake. Those OVA's are no where near enough.

Welcome to the NHK could also do with a remake.

There also needs to be a Tsukihime anime.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 14:22   Link #11
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Rurouni Kenshin, dammit.
This^ and Fruits basket
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 14:31   Link #12
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There also needs to be a Tsukihime anime.
Good idea. There should be a Yumekui Merry anime as well.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 16:08   Link #13
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I'm going to second Rozen Maiden: Traumend, Fruits Basket and Tsukihime. And while we're at it, I'm going to throw in Ballad of a Shinigami and Umineko.

Edit: How could I forget Negima!? That could use a really proper, long-running broadcast. And OVAs don't really count.
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by Akito Kinomoto; 2011-09-11 at 16:22.
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 16:09   Link #14
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Three words: Mahou Sensei Negima.

Face it, with Xebec not realizing that this a shounen show and SHAFT being more focused on projects involving Ume Aoki (not that it's a bad thing, since I do like Hidamari Sketch), Negima has failed to received the proper anime adaptation it deserves.

Of course, for this to work, the manga may need to be near its end.
Old 2011-09-11, 18:11   Link #15
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
This^ and Fruits basket
Yep Fruits Basket was the one I was thinking of as well.
Old 2011-09-11, 19:58   Link #16
Afterstep
Big Bucks, No Whammies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Another one I thought I would mention would be GTO. As awesome as most of the episodes are, the last few episodes were lackluster and too sudden.
That's what immediately came to mind for me as well. There is a lot of really good manga content that came after that point. I'm not sure how the last two episodes of the anime ending would be resolved, but I guess that's almost short enough to write it off as a dream Dallas style. Miyabi's story really did deserve more attention than a two episode "poof it's all fixed!".
Afterstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 20:12   Link #17
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Three words: Mahou Sensei Negima.

Face it, with Xebec not realizing that this a shounen show and SHAFT being more focused on projects involving Ume Aoki (not that it's a bad thing, since I do like Hidamari Sketch), Negima has failed to received the proper anime adaptation it deserves.

Of course, for this to work, the manga may need to be near its end.
I definitely agree. Xebec's version changed the Kyoto arc for reasons only they knew and the less I say about the last four episodes the better. Seeing Nodoka's real pactio and the ways she has definitely helped Negi would be a huge plus. Of course, the manga needs to resolve some things first so Negima finally gets a good, long adaptation.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 20:45   Link #18
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Some yuri anime needs it, not to be rude but please at least put some males in....

Most yuri anime's settings are controlled (" males doens't seem to exist") lacking some realistic themes and views.

I give credit on Simoun, Girl Meets Girl, and some more. Good animes.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:16   Link #19
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Some yuri anime needs it, not to be rude but please at least put some males in....

Most yuri anime's settings are controlled (" males doens't seem to exist") lacking some realistic themes and views.

I give credit on Simoun, Girl Meets Girl, and some more. Good animes.
While your opinion is valid (and can be applied to yaoi anime as well), it's not related to the topic. This thread is about anime that have been poorly or incompletely adapted from manga/novels/et cetera and need to be remade. If you feel strongly about the lack of males in yuri anime you may make a new thread about it.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:28   Link #20
Calca
Expressionless

Zero no Tsukaima
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote