AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-13, 08:54   Link #41
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
what about suzaku x his hand?
Old 2007-08-13, 09:01   Link #42
Berienzeltch

doesn't already have his foot? he be kinda cheating on the foot then
Old 2007-08-13, 09:03   Link #43
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Keeping quiet? You call trying to stab Suzaku in broad-daylight, in front of dozens of students, keeping quiet?

Kallen was prepared to expose her own identity if that means Suzaku could stop breathing. Lulu's intervention was the only reason Kallen hadn't done anything else drastic. She is just waiting for the right time to cut his heart out.
I was talking more of the second time, following episode 19. That is the main 'suzakuxkallen' support people pull when they talk about this, even though the naked scene would just as easily support LelouchxKallen (which has funnier scripting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
In all honesty, what possible advantage could Kallen have for outing Suzaku as lancelots pilot in school? I mean, Suzaku didn't say anything because he tries to be a nice guy, knowing that if Kallen was outed, she'd probably be trialled and executed. and he wanted to convert Kallen anyway. So in reality, I think it's doesn't allude to romance so much as it does to common sense.
Agreed. Though even if he 'converts' her, she'd still be executed.
Old 2007-08-13, 10:02   Link #44
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Really...?

This is anime. Things like that aren't set in stone; in fact they usually don't happen.

I'd be astonished, if the anime takes that path, if she were executed. Anime works in mysterious ways.

Yes, in real life, she'd be executed. NO QUESTION... But this is anime, where defectors are allowed access to top secrets and can serve in the military of the nation to which they defected.... Do you think that happens in real life...?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-13, 10:22   Link #45
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Really...?

This is anime. Things like that aren't set in stone; in fact they usually don't happen.

I'd be astonished, if the anime takes that path, if she were executed. Anime works in mysterious ways.

Yes, in real life, she'd be executed. NO QUESTION... But this is anime, where defectors are allowed access to top secrets and can serve in the military of the nation to which they defected.... Do you think that happens in real life...?
Well. From what we have seen of Britannia, they don't seem to be ones to take kindly to mistakes or enemies. They have been shown as ruthless, so execution even to a converter seems likely, after acquiring any useful information that is.

Not that I am denying your point, it is anime and strange things can happen. But the way the Empire has been portrayed, I don't think something that strange can pass.
Old 2007-08-13, 11:56   Link #46
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Well. From what we have seen of Britannia, they don't seem to be ones to take kindly to mistakes or enemies. They have been shown as ruthless, so execution even to a converter seems likely, after acquiring any useful information that is.

Not that I am denying your point, it is anime and strange things can happen. But the way the Empire has been portrayed, I don't think something that strange can pass.
It really depends actually but for civilians supporting a rebellion it does end in execution.

The empire is run by the royal family so they pretty much have the authority to do anything so long as they are top ranking

1. Euphie appointing Suzaku(Which is personal) as a knight which goes against national policy

2. Schenziel who authorizes an honorary britannian to use a knightmare (Again against national policy) despite Cornelia's protests and releases him for charges of disobeying orders(which probably would've ended in an execution).

The britannian military is quite harsh in discipline but the tougher the army the tougher the rules.

Though the chances of it happening for Kallen/suzaku defecting is .00000001%.

Quote:
Who says that she has to expose herself as a black knight if she defects? She wouldn't even enter the military anyways for obvious reasons (She's half japanese and she wants to keep a low profile)
Old 2007-08-14, 00:02   Link #47
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
LOL if sunrise can make Asuran x Kagari happens; Susaku x Kallen is an easy task. Plot-vice that's not a problem, anything can be cleared.

0.000001%? lol thats a lot higher than probably of Euphie dying in this series and she already did.
Old 2007-08-14, 00:17   Link #48
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
LOL if sunrise can make Asuran x Kagari happens; Susaku x Kallen is an easy task. Plot-vice that's not a problem, anything can be cleared.
Anything can be cleared? Here we go again; If your pairing depended on complete disregarding the current situation, then there is no basis for it whatsoever.

How about SuzakuXNina? Plotwise that's not a problem, anything can be cleared.

How about EmperorXShirely? Plotwise that's not a problem, anything can be cleared.

How about OrangeXKaguya? Plotwise that's not a... You get the idea.

Saying "anything is possible" is not an explanation. Nor is it at all convincing.

(p.s. Unlike Cagali with Athrun, Kallen never stopped wanting Suzaku dead.)
Old 2007-08-14, 15:10   Link #49
Juvyniled

There's nothing to indicate that Kallen hates Suzaku. She intends to kill him because it is necessary. They're opponents. It's not as if they can just choose to whether or not they want to kill eachother. If you point a gun at me, I'll point one at you.
Old 2007-08-14, 15:50   Link #50
Terra

But there's also nothing to indicate that they like each other either. The problem is we've hardly seen them interact with each other on a social bases to really draw where they are with each other. But I really don't see them as coming together romantically. But then I also don't see Kallen x Lelouch.
Old 2007-08-14, 18:12   Link #51
Juvyniled

And that is why both scenarios are fantasies. There is indeed more interaction between Kallen and Lelouch though, although people prefer to recall only specific moments (when Lelouch brought Kallen close to him, the times they were around one another and talked, the shower scene, etc.).

The interaction between Kallen and Suzaku is an attempt to bring them to terms with one another. Nothing romantic.

The interaction between Kallen and Lelouch is an attempt to allow them to be friendlier with one another (it was a pretty cold relationship initially). At times it's 'hot,' but it's categorizeable as mostly a fling.

Most of these relationships would fit into doujins.... and I'm guessing they're already in development. But then again, this isn't a relationship on likely romantic relationships but more of personal favorites, so you end up with votes for pairings like LelouchXMilly, SuzakuXShirley, and SchneizelXCecile.
Old 2007-08-14, 20:42   Link #52
Terra

I actually like Leouch X Milly, and I see it more possible than Lelouch x Kallen. Kallen has only know Lelouch with his masks on. His student mask and his Zero mask. She doesn't know the real him. Whereas Milly does to a certain extent. It's why I see it more possible. It's also why I'm all for Lelouch x C.C. because she knows the real him. And I can't see any pairing working with him without them knowing him truely. Kallen has only just started to get past the masks, but she still has a long way to go before I'd consider her a possible partner for Lelouch.
Old 2007-08-14, 20:53   Link #53
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Anything can be cleared? Here we go again; If your pairing depended on complete disregarding the current situation, then there is no basis for it whatsoever.

How about SuzakuXNina? Plotwise that's not a problem, anything can be cleared.

How about EmperorXShirely? Plotwise that's not a problem, anything can be cleared.

How about OrangeXKaguya? Plotwise that's not a... You get the idea.

Saying "anything is possible" is not an explanation. Nor is it at all convincing.

(p.s. Unlike Cagali with Athrun, Kallen never stopped wanting Suzaku dead.)
You're lumping things together illogically here. While, arguably, anything can be cleared, the point that he was trying to make (IMO) is that even relatively unlikely relationships can occur due to plot effects. I'll use the four relationships that you mentioned.

KallenxSuzuku: There's a lot of bad blood between them, and they know each other, and have even had some (albiet odd) moments together.

SuzukuxNina: Very, very unlikely, but they do at least know each other, and Suzuku was the first eleven that Nina didn't freak out arround.

EmperorxShirley : This is an entirely different league. They don't know each other, and such a match would be completely out of character AND, if it did happen, pretty much the rest of the show would have to build up to it.

How about OrangeXKaguya? Again, this is another absurd match. I won't repeat myself.

My point is that there are two tiers: the "highly unlikely" (which can be seriously discussed, and the "its not going to happen, period", which cannot be seriously discussed.
I take your point, and agree that to assert that plot can clear anything is absurd, but, since I've seen you use this argument before, I thought I'd differentiate between the unlikely and the absurd.

@dragoonKain (don't want to post again)

Lulouch's #1 concern is Nunally. Although he cared about Euphie, he WASN'T about to give up his life for her cause. He was trying to ploy her into screwing things up. If she shot him, no one would trust her. Its as simple as that.
Old 2007-08-14, 20:53   Link #54
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
And I agree. There's a big difference from the unlikely and the absurd. I mean, the unlikely has happened before with Sunrise, as SEED and SEED Destiny has proven (all of the couples, no matter how you slice it, were 'highly unlikely' prior to them happening).

However, SuzakuXKaren is 'almost' absurd to me. Sure, they have interacted with each other already (and so puts the couple out of the 'absurd' class), but just look at their personalities. One is not a Britannian but is effectively trying to be one in order to change the empire from within, while the other IS a Britannian that hates everything that the empire stands for.

@Juvy
Lol, while it's true that LelouchXMilly isn't all that likely, but unlike what a lot of people say (not necessarily you) I really don't see how's that any different from LelouchXKaren. Both are one-sided loves, but both has their moments together with Lulu. At least Milly and Lulu shared some moments of friendship, while Lulu only has treated Karen as a pawn until the very end. But at the very least, there's Karen->Lulu in canon, while Karen and Suzaku just plain don't like each other.

Most likely relationship is still LuluXCC. Only people Lulu cares more are Nanalie (his current reason for the rebellion) and Euphie (undoubtedly his #1, since he was willing to give up his rebellion to cooperate with her). One is his 100% blood relative (though I wouldn't put it past Sunrise now) and the other is dead, so next comes CC, who has already starting to 'corrupt' Lulu's heart and soul as part of the geas contract lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2007-08-14 at 21:03.
Old 2007-08-14, 20:58   Link #55
Snait3
Antagonist

Lulu x C.C
Old 2007-08-14, 22:19   Link #56
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Lulu x Milly ftw.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-08-14, 23:02   Link #57
Juvyniled

One-sided loves would be exaggerating. They take their freindships to a more intimate level, but it's not intimate in the way that you would consider. Lelouch and Milly can confide closely in one another because they've known each other for quite a long time (the Ashford family used to support his mother). Lelouch and Kallen have been much more close in terms of intimacy than he and Milly had been, but by and by, I can't really describe their relationship as such. I know that many of you are hoping for a harem type scenario (fetishism wins out) but there are still many plot lines to be played out.

Hence, these are favorable pairings, not practical pairings.
Old 2007-08-15, 08:10   Link #58
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
know that many of you are hoping for a harem type scenario (fetishism wins out) but there are still many plot lines to be played out.
Hell! I didn't even think about that! That would be awesome, I'm not gonna lie. Shirley, C.C., Kallen (yes, even Kallen), and Milly all in skimpy maid outfits surrounding Lulu sitting on a throne sipping champagne!

Ooooooh YEAH!

All my problems with the show would totally disappear.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-17, 18:48   Link #59
Kantarou
Fly in the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
However, SuzakuXKaren is 'almost' absurd to me. Sure, they have interacted with each other already (and so puts the couple out of the 'absurd' class), but just look at their personalities. One is not a Britannian but is effectively trying to be one in order to change the empire from within, while the other IS a Britannian that hates everything that the empire stands for.
Uhhh I remember Kallen being Japanese too, not Britanian completely.
Old 2007-08-17, 19:22   Link #60
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantarou View Post
Uhhh I remember Kallen being Japanese too, not Britanian completely.
But she is a true Britannian citizen, unlike Suzaku who is an honorary Britannian. Kallen may be half-japanese but no one but a few people actually know of that.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance