AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 07:07   Link #1581
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Stopping her from Tenpai is possible... You did have to be in tenpai faster than Teru.

Though a question since episode 10, Kuro's hand showed that she already has 3 9 man before Teru kans... Something is not gonna be pretty... Is it that Kuro's ability also applies to unrevealed kan dora?
most likely yes, and i suspect it's including ura dora as well.
all the dora tiles will gather on kuro without exception

Quote:
Putting that as Pure skill... And I saw your sig... Mind if you can relate to who in the Gundam verse almost has the same phrase as Toki? (Though she is a true innovator...)
hmm hard to choose, shin asuka maybe

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 07:13   Link #1582
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
most likely yes, and i suspect it's including ura dora as well.
all the dora tiles will gather on kuro without exception

hmm hard to choose, shin asuka maybe
If thats the case, then I can see... Dora yakuman...

As for the 2nd part

No... Shinn I don't remember him saying that...

Lets say, who said that and died while piloting a newtype unit thanks to a certain playboy who treat her like a toy?

Now that make me want to watch that show again...(Including 00, Toki just went to Setsuna's place, and activated her 3 turn ahead ability....)

We called him already... He should try to stop this from happening.... Toki...

Lets see what we have in Toki's skill list...

X-Rounder: See 1 turn ahead, regardless of HP left.
Innovator(Toki's 00 Raiser): See 2 turns ahead, creates afterimages, When HP is below 50%
True Innovator (Toki's 00 Raiser): See 3 turns ahead, unknown ability, when HP falls below 30%.
Special(Near)
Note: HP will keep falling by 0.01% after using "Innovator" skill.

Teru's skill...
Skill 1: Mirror: When HP fall below 100%, the ability will activate, allowing you to see whats the opponent's ability, and weapons.
Skill 2: Damage Enhancer(EX): Damage dealt to units will increase through every hit. However, damage dealt will reset if shot by a missile or bazooka attack, regardless of homing or not.
Special attack(Ranged or Near, depending on how many units dealt on by her attacks.)

Lets see, Kirame's ability.
Skill 1: Emergency repair(EX): She will recover faster when down. It will also applies to her allies. In single mode, she can choose who to recover faster.
Skill 2: Healer(EX): Healing abilities will be activated and will shoot at allies when their HP falls below 50%. However, this doesn't apply to Toki's 00 Raiser.
Special(Near)

As for Kuro...
Skill 1: Damage keeper: All damage dealt to her will drop by 20%.
Skill 2: Attack up as every dora gets: 1 dora increases her attack by 1 point. However, that only applies when she win. Otherwise, damage will not be dealt on the enemy.
Special(Near)

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-25 at 07:28.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 07:47   Link #1583
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Was a great episode once again, I am not sure how Toki will even be able to physically play in the finals(if Ryuuka would allow it ) if they made it with how much stress she is putting on herself, she looked awful during the match.

On Teru besides her crazy speed for reaching Tenpai, I don't think she's ever declared a Riichi so far, has she?; nor has she played into anyone else's Ron... meaning besides being quite Fast, she is actually quite careful with her swift wins it seems.

P.S. I really hope Kuro does something next episode, besides passively help
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 07:56   Link #1584
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Was a great episode once again, I am not sure how Toki will even be able to physically play in the finals(if Ryuuka would allow it ) if they made it with how much stress she is putting on herself, she looked awful during the match.

On Teru besides her crazy speed for reaching Tenpai, I don't think she's ever declared a Riichi so far, has she?; nor has she played into anyone else's Ron... meaning besides being quite Fast, she is actually quite careful with her swift wins it seems.

P.S. I really hope Kuro does something next episode, besides passively help
How do you think Ryuuka will react in this case?(Opps I think she did react...) She already half dead there, and knowing how the deathflag in any Gundam series works, a person will "lose" his/her lover. In this case, she has the same deathflag as a certain civilian Girl who got killed by a unit in Gundam AGE. *Ninja'd*

Spoiler for Episode 11, using Gundam Parody in:

She did... Remember last episode?(She kan'd and riichi'd directly.)

But playing passive actually helps her alot, plus taking note of her skill, if the hunch is right, Teru actually get pressured on(Due to Damage Enhancer EX)... She may be a final boss with no weakpoints, but if someone can find a weakspot, then she is just as good as being a normal boss.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-25 at 08:11.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:57   Link #1585
tsunade666

I keep on reading setsuna here setsuna there so I'll say it Toki is Setsuna's love child but from who!

I bet Kuro would do something. She is the only one who doesn't do anything yet -_- make her more useful than just a filter for the broken dam which is called Teru.

Kuro is observing the game too while she is playing. She even noted that Toki will even sacrifice her special move just to win. I hope she at least something about Toki and the bro Kirame.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:16   Link #1586
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I keep on reading setsuna here setsuna there so I'll say it Toki is Setsuna's love child but from who!

I bet Kuro would do something. She is the only one who doesn't do anything yet -_- make her more useful than just a filter for the broken dam which is called Teru.

Kuro is observing the game too while she is playing. She even noted that Toki will even sacrifice her special move just to win. I hope she at least something about Toki and the bro Kirame.
Because she is a true innovator(From Feldt's or from Veda, who let Setsuna take care of Toki when she is dying...), you can't help it for that last scene...(Even I can't help it... Too many Gundam 00 and DBZ references, and 1 AGE reference...)

Back on topic,(And this time I am half-serious.)

You know, you make it sounded like you have read the manga... Though thats old news, she may do something, good or not we have no idea.

Lets consider something about whats Kuro thinking while answering 1 question on the way:
1. We did not see Kuro's hand at all for that round where Toki go Innovator mode.
2. We did not know whats Teru's next move.(It is hinted at the manga though.)
3. Kirame did notice something isn't right during the battle. Its like she cannot "use" or cooperate with her in that condition she is in.
4. You know, this has been bugging me for some episodes... I do know the fact that Kuro can't discard dora due to her mother's advice, but why, whats the link between her mother and the doras? There has to be some reason for this...
5. Teru did riichi during the last episode.
6. We have never seen Kuro's hand having 10 doras and above(And thats excluding ura doras.).

Q: Why the BGM in the preview so different from what I think?

Also...
Spoiler for episode 11:

They just spoiled us in the preview...

I think we need to consider them before the next episode starts, don't you think?

Something's been bugging... From what you said, Kuro did knew that Toki is going to use that special skill... So most likely that something has to do with stopping Toki from even advancing to a high level which is Quadruple by hitting a heavy damage on either one or a tsumo.

And I am not spoiling anything from the manga, I am just stating my predictions. (And yeah, dat Ryuuka screaming as Toki uses True Innovator power... )

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-25 at 09:00.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:12   Link #1587
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Q: Why the BGM in the preview so different from what I think?
The next episode is the last broadcast episode. The additional three episodes will be supplementary. In short, we are currently knee-deep in this season's climax, and things won't be getting anymore awesome than this match right here. That, and the BGM makes for some badass pre-boss battle music.

Quote:
Also...
Spoiler for episode 11:
That's probably just cute fan speculation at present based on the similarity of their middle school uniforms. But as it stands, there are still too many established facts that contradict this claim.

Count me under the "It's a coincidence" camp.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:20   Link #1588
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
The next episode is the last broadcast episode. The additional three episodes will be supplementary. In short, we are currently knee-deep in this season's climax, and things won't be getting anymore awesome than this match right here. That, and the BGM makes for some badass pre-boss battle music.

That's probably just cute fan speculation at present based on the similarity of their middle school uniforms. But as it stands, there are still too many established facts that contradict this claim.

Count me under the "It's a coincidence" camp.
It makes it sound like I am hyped up for BOSS TIME!!(That I usually play on SD Gundam G Generation series.)

Thats why I ask...

And... That fall...

Quote:
...Why that fall looks almost familiar to Lockon's death scene...
Old 2012-06-25, 09:32   Link #1589
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Oh my god Kuro is such a loser. Her only use in the game is making Teru's hands more easier to guess because she's hoarding all the dora which she can't even use. I feel bad for her. But hey at least she's helping and everyone's appreciative of her even though she's beating herself badly.

But the one who I pity the most is Toki. I swear she's really the main protagonist of this show. How the hell is she gonna do the three turns ahead? By opening her third eye?

God Achiga really got A LOT BETTER these recent episodes.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:06   Link #1590
Marina2

Now I'm imaging something.

If Toki will pass out next ep (falling the chair), but at that time both Kuro and Kirame reach their hands to catch Toki arms and pull her back to her seat. That scence will be the most memorable ever ^^
Old 2012-06-25, 11:30   Link #1591
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Awesome episode... I'm wondering who Saki is talking to outside during the preview... who could be someone loitering outside the venue... someone related to Saki perhaps?

The next episode should be Kana Hana... opss, I mean Kuro's time to shine... and it would be awesome if she can pull a direct yakuman hit at Big Boss... I mean Teru... this will get the venue in an uproar... and Kouko will say something like this is the first time someone ronning the champion and will stress again that this is the first time while Sukoya commenting why she had to stress it out... I really love the Sukoya-Kouko combi of commentators... I hope they will be the ones doing the finals also...

And what will be more SUBARA would be Teru instead with a look of shock but smiling saying something like...

Teru: Heh, this a nostalgic feeling... this feels like the time i enjoy playing majhong with my little sister... Majhong is fun... Let's play again next time...

This will again send the whole place rumbling with so many reasons... and again Kouko will go something like...

Kouko: This is the first time I heard this... the monster champion has a little sister?!! THIS. IS. A. FIRST. TIME.

and her teammates will also be shocked... probably because seeing for the first time Teru's real smile and admitting having an imouto...

People will talk about seeing Teru being ronned in the Nationals... or something like there's someone alive able to do such feat...

More importantly about the champion having an imouto... then the topic about a certain no-name school defeating Ryuumonbuchi... and also about a certain someone defeating last year's Nationals monster Amae Koromo who no one has seen being beaten before... all eyes will fall upon Kiyosumi and a certain Miyanaga Saki in their semi-final battle in the Nationals... this may be related to the fallout of Nodo~chan and Saki~chan shown in ep 25 of Side B...

Well, it's all speculation on my part...

can't wait for ep12...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 12:36   Link #1592
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Teru is indeed coming across as the monstrous Gilgamesh of Mahjong
Can't... resist... any... longer...

So you say that Teru is the legendary King of Mahjong Heroes, eh? Well then, let us see how she looks clad in golden armor while sitting on a throne, and see if she is truly worthy of the title.

Spoiler for Terumesh:

Hmm... that does seem mighty impressive... Yes, I think that title fits...

The question now is... Who would be able to take down this demigod of mahjong? Why, it would take someone else worthy of the title of Mahjong King, would it not?

Spoiler for Sakturia:

... I'm kinda worn out from this now... I think I need to rest... just for a bit...

(Okay, so I'm just being silly... forgive my random insanity. )

------------------

Anyway... this was quite a second-to-last episode... though I really do have to question how far Toki is willing to push herself. While I highly doubt she's going to die or even render herself comatose(as this is too lighthearted a series for something like that to happen), this is rather insane... and even though I really like Toki and Senriyama as a whole, part of me is actually wanting them to lose so Toki doesn't have to strain herself like this again.

It was also nice to see that Kuro is actually doing something, albeit unintentionally. And I liked the flashback for Subara!, as it did a really good job of explaining why she's able to have quite possibly the greatest outlook one could have while playing against someone like Teru. Go on and extend your Marvelous "Not Going Under" talents to the other players, Kirame!

Lastly... I love how it's being intentionally set up so Nodoka doesn't get to see the match. Even the name "Achiga" would be enough for her to think that maybe her old friends are here.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 13:00   Link #1593
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Can't... resist... any... longer...

So you say that Teru is the legendary King of Mahjong Heroes, eh? Well then, let us see how she looks clad in golden armor while sitting on a throne, and see if she is truly worthy of the title.

Spoiler for Terumesh:

Hmm... that does seem mighty impressive... Yes, I think that title fits...

The question now is... Who would be able to take down this demigod of mahjong? Why, it would take someone else worthy of the title of Mahjong King, would it not?

Spoiler for Sakturia:

... I'm kinda worn out from this now... I think I need to rest... just for a bit...

(Okay, so I'm just being silly... forgive my random insanity. )

----

This is hilarious...

All that's left is Bro Kirame riding the Gordius Wheel charging while yelling... SUBARARARARARARRAARRARRA!!!!
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 13:24   Link #1594
Kunagisa

Quote:
Mind if you can relate to who in the Gundam verse almost has the same phrase as Toki? (Though she is a true innovator...)
The MADs/parody vids in nico for FotNS and Gundam with Saki are freaking hilarious. Sometimes I wonder if Prince of Tennis has an all female cast, the series would be pretty damn popular too (yeah yeah I know it already is ... but you know what I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Oh my god Kuro is such a loser. Her only use in the game is making Teru's hands more easier to guess because she's hoarding all the dora which she can't even use. I feel bad for her. But hey at least she's helping and everyone's appreciative of her even though she's beating herself badly.
I think part of the issue is that for the "other losers" in the series before, they struggle a lot and still make an effort to do something. So far, the focus has been entirely on Senriyama/Toki, which makes Kuro seems very useless, but this is only the vanguard battle (though it does seem like the captain battle) and in the past this is given less emphasis. I think Ono wrote on his twitter (or was it on the website) that the +3 episodes will be focused on Achiga so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
God Achiga really got A LOT BETTER these recent episodes.
Indeed! Manabu Ono/Tatsuhiko Urahata/Yota Tsuruoka are people that I like a lot. Obviously this series has a very limited budget (even this episode has those derpy faces next to Nodoka at the end + long scrolling still frames), but they know how to balance the budget well so the parts that need to be amazing are amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Anyway... this was quite a second-to-last episode... though I really do have to question how far Toki is willing to push herself.
The line where she goes "everyone gave me this round" was a very nice touch (would've brought me to tears if it wasn't so bloody hilarious ). (Eeeee? This is mahjong?!?!)
We shouldn't compare this series to TypeMoon verse. Top tier players can wipe servants on their asses instantly. These highschool girls aren't even the strongest in here. I'm sure Toki can tear Nanaya a new one just by herself, and Ryuuka's mana supply's more "effective" than Shirou's .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:05   Link #1595
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Don't worry. Tacos is wearing a cape.
A badass cape. Teru is going to be so jealous of it, she won't be able to do anything and give Yuuki the victory.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:13   Link #1596
Midonin
Last Engage

Lantis is doing the music for this show, and they do have a history of giving popular characters who aren't part of the main cast songs, if they think it'll sell. Singles for all of Team Achiga are confirmed, but this is me taking a really long time to say - we, the audience, would love a Toki character song. Maybe with a Toki/Ryuuka duet as the B-side. (YuiKaori has already released quite a few singles, this wouldn't be a problem at all.)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:25   Link #1597
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

gg toki, you will be remembered. As for the achiga group, how uninspiring.....

and LOL at the teru pics
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:57   Link #1598
Kyuu
=^^=

The real opening to this series:

Although. Given the episodes that came after the video upload -- I think: the video needs an update.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 16:02   Link #1599
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
This is hilarious...

All that's left is Bro Kirame riding the Gordius Wheel charging while yelling... SUBARARARARARARRAARRARRA!!!!
... That actually would be pretty funny... hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
The real opening to this series:

Although. Given the episodes that came after the video upload -- I think: the video needs an update.
How utterly appropriate... and I'm not just saying that because of who's singing it.

Also love the "random" inclusion of Kirame. SUBARA!
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 16:21   Link #1600
Kyuu
=^^=

Given this situation:

What will happen here?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri