AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2014-04-30, 21:42   Link #41
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

To the 3 posts above... of course.

Regarding SP Arc: Okay maybe SoL fanbase wasn't the right term. I know what I'm talking about but I can't really put it succinctly. Whatever the case, the target audience of the Arc wasn't Index fans, that's for sure, even though Index and Railgun have a significant overlap.

Regarding Plot Holes: I'm looking at it specifically from the perspective of Railgun-purists who completely disregard the Index anime and light novels and treat Railgun as part of its own universe. It happened in the Railgun manga forums on another site I go to; the dragon appeared and railgun manga only fans freaked out. Fans who were claiming that Railgun was better than Index due to Kuroko's (admittedly awesome) moment in the previous chapter got virtual egg thrown at their faces by cheering LN readers (such a great moment). This WILL happen again if there is another animation. I just can't wait for Railgun Volume 10 to be released by Seven Seas next year as it will generate interest in the Index series.
Old 2014-05-11, 10:42   Link #42
zaeraal

Haimura (Index novel artist) released his sketches for Mitori and demon Mikoto.
These sketshes serve as the base for Fuyukawa's drawings (Railgun manga artist)

Mitori:

Mikoto v1:

Mikoto v2:

Mikoto v3:
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 11:47   Link #43
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan
>Nuit
>Typically depicted as being covered in stars

Mikoto confirmed to be Nuit.
>"Note that Heaven is not a place where Gods Live; Nuit is Heaven, itself."
>"It should be evident that Nuit obtains the satisfaction of Her Nature when the parts of Her Body fulfill their own Nature. The sacrament of life is not only so from the point of view of the celebrants, but from that of the divinity invoked
>"Nuit cries: "I love you," like a lover; when even John reached only to the cold impersonal proposition "God is love." She woos like a mistress; whispers "To me!" in every ear; Jesus, with needless verb, appeals vehemently to them "that labour and are heavy laden." Yet She who can promise in the present, says: "I give unimaginable joys on earth," making life worth while; "certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death," the electric light Knowledge for the churchyard corpsecandle Faith, making life fear-free, and death itself worth while: "peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy," making mind and body at ease that soul may be free to transcend them when It will."
>"Come forth, o children, under the stars, & take your fill of love!" (AL I:12).
>"For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union." (AL I:29).
>"I give unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy; nor do I demand aught in sacrifice."
>"Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will.

So basically Mikoto is the Goddess of Love.
Oh my... Kamachi!
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 12:01   Link #44
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

We Persona now!?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 12:11   Link #45
Haigon

Also, in level 5.3 pic.

>ホルスの時代
Aeon of Horus
>エイワスさんの親類
Aiwass-san's relative
Old 2014-05-11, 12:18   Link #46
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Also, in level 5.3 pic.

>ホルスの時代
Aeon of Horus
>エイワスさんの親類
Aiwass-san's relative
huh. Implications.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 12:34   Link #47
LG-MAX

Quote:
Also, in level 5.3 pic.

>ホルスの時代
Aeon of Horus
>エイワスさんの親類
Aiwass-san's relative
Dragon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aiwass?
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 13:20   Link #48
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Oh my... Kamachi!
It's these kinds of things that remind you that Kamachi did a lot of research before putting together the Chuunibyou fantasy we call ToAru.

On another note...Mikoto as the god of love. Let me laugh like a hyena.
Old 2014-05-11, 14:27   Link #49
tsunade666

well that was unexpected. Lovers arcana Miko-chin
Old 2014-05-11, 17:59   Link #50
Death Usagi
Banned

So in love, Mikoto wins? (maybe when she gets more mature...?)
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:42   Link #51
zaeraal

Translation by js06 of the comments on Haimura's page

Spoiler for Mitori:
Quote:
Kouzaku Mitori. I received a few different instructions such as giving her a nurse-like outfit, so she ended up like this.
She’s kind of like I-No from the Guilty Gear series or a schoolgirl Shiina Ringo-san.
I may have also viewed her as a more offense-oriented Shirai Kuroko.

Spoiler for Mikoto v1:
Quote:
Rail-Gun: Level [Phase]-Next part 1. Pretty much exactly like a transforming final boss from a JRPG.
Form 1 and 2 borrowed elements from fictional beings classically associated with lightning.

Spoiler for Mikoto v2:
Quote:
Rail-Gun: Level [Phase]-Next part 2. Some changes made and details added since part 1.
By the way, the names here were added by me and are not official.

Spoiler for Mikoto v3:
Quote:
Rail-Gun: Level [Phase]-Next part 3.
An eeriness created by no face (expression), a vague form, taking the forms to their extreme, and all excessive decorations or complicated shapes removed for a sudden minimalism.
To go back to the JRPG origin, this is like Lavos Core, Ozma, or Yu Yevon. Do you get what I mean?

@Haigon:
As for the Mikoto = Nuit, that theory existed since the day 1. of her final transformation.
But I believe it's not actually goddess of love, but rather Egyptian sky goddess.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 20:23   Link #52
Haigon

Considering Aleister's involvement in ESPer stuff, we can relate to the Thelemite gods.

Aleister even calls Nuit "Electric Light" in the Book of Law.
Old 2014-05-12, 06:18   Link #53
LevelSeven

Quote:
Also, in level 5.3 pic.

>ホルスの時代
Aeon of Horus
>エイワスさんの親類
Aiwass-san's relative
only to be sure:
mikotos tranformation was added with side notes where was written:
aeon of horus and aiwass's relative??
wouldnt that mean that lvl6 is something like aiwass??
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 06:29   Link #54
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
only to be sure:
mikotos tranformation was added with side notes where was written:
aeon of horus and aiwass's relative??
wouldnt that mean that lvl6 is something like aiwass??
level 6 is probably the realm of Horus because they are using different method of attaining godhood from magic side.

IF we BELIEVE what Aleister is saying or his motives are saying then the correct method is science and science is better than magic.

But if you ask me. Aleister's method isn't pure science. Its more like magic science combine with the magic elements ingrained in the science method.

Aleister is just viewing the world in different way than the magicians and using different method but the goal is probably the same.

God status.
Old 2014-05-12, 11:15   Link #55
Miraluka
Banned

So another theory posted here? Well, isn't different to the one posted about Kakine and Accelerator in the old LN thread. Just fans running their mind wild .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 08:48   Link #56
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Guys, this phenomenon is called epileptic trees. it's on tv tropes. It is commonly known as a very bad thing, but your mileage may vary. (I've apparently been reading too much tv tropes lol. It is destroying my vocabulary.) Anyway, this is a fan theory right? It hasn't been confirmed. Also, I'm completely confused as to what is meant in the first place by someone saying she is Nuit. Does that mean anything? Was she important enough of a character originally to even have such a title in mind?... I'm guessing that it's likely the case that she wasn't, though I'm sure that with the new NT 10 spoilers that are coming out, everyone is going to now cling on to these possible myriad interpretations of different characters that might make more sense now.

I also recommend spoilering anything referencing what we learned in NT10 spoilers in this thread and all other non-NT10 threads.

Last edited by dniv; 2014-05-14 at 19:10.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 11:58   Link #57
GDB

I think Nuit is referring to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuit

And Mikoto always seemed like she was being set up as important. She just wasn't, you know... #1, since Index was the title character and all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 19:11   Link #58
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I just don't see any evidence for that theory...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 16:56   Link #59
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think Nuit is referring to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuit

And Mikoto always seemed like she was being set up as important. She just wasn't, you know... #1, since Index was the title character and all.

Just reading through the wikpedia page and this little bit jumped out at me.
Quote:
Within this system, she is one-third of the triadic cosmology, along with Hadit (her masculine counterpart), and Ra-Hoor-Khuit, the Crowned and Conquering Child. She has several titles, including the "Queen of Infinite Space", "Our Lady of the Stars", and "Lady of the Starry Heaven". Nuit represents the infinitely-expanded circle whose circumference is unmeasurable and whose center is everywhere (whereas Hadit is the infinitely small point within the core of every single thing). According to Thelemic doctrine, it is the interaction between these two cosmic principles that creates the manifested universe similar to the gnostic syzygy.
While its not quiet everywhere, the Misaka network got pretty good coverage. We already know they being used to spread the Imaginary District and the arc we just had just had them used as a booster for Mikoto...

Perhaps Alistars plan involves making this triad true?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 18:10   Link #60
Miraluka
Banned

If you want run your mind wild think again what you bolded.

>whose center is everywhere.

That would be Will.

However those lines are too common.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote