AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-08-16, 09:44   Link #11681
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Ok, so the only reason Flare is there, is because it's her home town....
So it's just one big freaking coincidence.
At least it's a better reason then stalking Lucy, though Flare would be so cute as Lucy's version of Juvia

And why is Lucy's best attack a kick? Can someone say high-leg fanservice?
yea the coincidence is boring and as for that its because she's not suppose to be physically strong. And your wrong Lucy's best attack is Lucy Fire she just cant use it on her own.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 10:11   Link #11682
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

To be fair...Lucy+Virgo kick did a lot of damage only because Leo freaking threw the guy down a cliff!

Also...Lucy is OP, she can just summon all those spirits without any visible drawbacks or even stamina drain.

PS: There's still a possibility that Flare will join FT.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 10:32   Link #11683
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Ok, so the only reason Flare is there, is because it's her home town....
So it's just one big freaking coincidence.
At least it's a better reason then stalking Lucy, though Flare would be so cute as Lucy's version of Juvia

And why is Lucy's best attack a kick? Can someone say high-leg fanservice?
To be fair, "flare" and "corona" are both words related to the sun. I really should've seen it coming. So I guess we can count on her staying.

Also, this is officially one of the best fights in the whole series.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 10:53   Link #11684
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
To be fair, "flare" and "corona" are both words related to the sun. I really should've seen it coming. So I guess we can count on her staying.

Also, this is officially one of the best fights in the whole series.
Because Gray didn't come in and save the trio? This is true... But it seems that Mashima keeps forgetting that Leo can summon himself at times... wait...
Spoiler for what if...:
Old 2013-08-16, 11:00   Link #11685
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Because Gray didn't come in and save the trio? This is true... But it seems that Mashima keeps forgetting that Leo can summon himself at times... wait...
Spoiler for what if...:
You may notice he didn't appear once during the tournament. It was only until after Lucy was off the team that he helped.

I approve of this theory, regardless of whether any of those four days was off his summoning schedule. Because there's also that.

Old 2013-08-16, 12:12   Link #11686
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Does Leo even have a summoning scheduled? Lucy's the only one that can summon him and I doubt he's the type to say "Nah, I can't go save her today because it's not on the scheduled." hell, none of her summons seem that way actually. Not that we've heard a lot about schedules since Lucy summons them at will.
Old 2013-08-16, 12:20   Link #11687
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Does Leo even have a summoning scheduled? Lucy's the only one that can summon him and I doubt he's the type to say "Nah, I can't go save her today because it's not on the scheduled." hell, none of her summons seem that way actually. Not that we've heard a lot about schedules since Lucy summons them at will.
the summoning scheduled only applies to Non-Gold Keys.
Old 2013-08-16, 12:27   Link #11688
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the summoning scheduled only applies to Non-Gold Keys.
Nope. All spirits have schedules.

According to the bonus pages of Volume 4, Aquarius can only be summoned on Wednesdays; Taurus takes every other day off; Cancer gets Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays off; and Virgo gets Sundays off.

And don't forget that Scorpio and Aquarius schedule dates with each other, and always be sure to let their owners know.

And remember when Lucy first tried summoning Loke in Edolas, but summoned Virgo instead? She came to tell her there was a shift in his schedule.

Old 2013-08-16, 12:36   Link #11689
Krono

Quote:

According to the bonus pages of Volume 4, Aquarius can only be summoned on Wednesdays; Taurus takes every other day off; Cancer gets Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays off; and Virgo gets Sundays off. And don't forget that Scorpio and Aquarius schedule dates with each other, and always be sure to let their owners know.
Remember, they can renegotiate the schedules. And I'm pretty sure that after the trip to the Stellar Spirit world, Lucy can summon all of her spirits any time. That's what that "call us anytime" bit was about.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 12:36   Link #11690
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:

According to the bonus pages of Volume 4, Aquarius can only be summoned on Wednesdays; Taurus takes every other day off; Cancer gets Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays off; and Virgo gets Sundays off. And don't forget that Scorpio and Aquarius schedule dates with each other, and always be sure to let their owners know.
but this change, in another volume mashima told who overtime the "contract" can change to the point where the mage can summon at any time/day, as long the mage keep become more strong.

almost of lucy spirits can free open their gates by themselfs, but loki is the only one who can "temporay break" the contracts to pass with his own power or even living in the human world for a good amount of time, this means who with loki lucy can have up to 3 spirits up fighting for her.(she can summon 2 and loki can come by himself).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 13:22   Link #11691
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, Flare's from the sun village? Kinda makes sense, being raised by giants explains her gigantic rack :P

Fun chapter, Wendy going 1v1 against a power-type opponent really makes her more than just support imo and Lucy's multi-summon is quite impressive compared to her past fights. Flare's kit looks rather weak, but indefinite hair length should give her a lot of creative space.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 16:16   Link #11692
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Flare is versatile but weak in regards to her hair. It's a pretty limited magic, all things considered. I don't see Flare as being incredibly strong unless she can make her hair take on the strength of say a spider's thread. But yeah, Flare might actually turn into a fun character if enough time is given to her. Also her little trolling of Lucy was chuckle-worthy. I would not mind Lucy/Flare in the future, even if its just to hang out.

Lucy (Y)- Flare (R)- Juvia (B) = Friendship Is Magic/Primary Color Awesome-ness.

Props to Wendy too. I love seeing her grow into a Little Miss Badass. I think that she's going to become similar to how Mirajane is now - calm and sweet until you threaten Romeoher guildmates and then the dragon comes out in her.

Lucy Kick~ I never fail to laugh when I see it, but I would love a return of Lucy Fire as well. That chapter still reigns as my personal funniest Fairy Tail chapter to date.
Old 2013-08-16, 16:56   Link #11693
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Flare is versatile but weak in regards to her hair. It's a pretty limited magic, all things considered. I don't see Flare as being incredibly strong unless she can make her hair take on the strength of say a spider's thread. But yeah, Flare might actually turn into a fun character if enough time is given to her. Also her little trolling of Lucy was chuckle-worthy. I would not mind Lucy/Flare in the future, even if its just to hang out.

Lucy (Y)- Flare (R)- Juvia (B) = Friendship Is Magic/Primary Color Awesome-ness.

Props to Wendy too. I love seeing her grow into a Little Miss Badass. I think that she's going to become similar to how Mirajane is now - calm and sweet until you threaten Romeoher guildmates and then the dragon comes out in her.

Lucy Kick~ I never fail to laugh when I see it, but I would love a return of Lucy Fire as well. That chapter still reigns as my personal funniest Fairy Tail chapter to date.
I think her trolling was inspired by the OVA, if not outright taken from it.

Spoiler:

Also, I think we know something that will be totally spoiled by one of the next Fairy Tail OPs!

Old 2013-08-16, 19:45   Link #11694
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow... Wendy is now like Natsu and Gajeel but with recovery and buff ability
she have potential to be invisible now...
imagine if she buff her roar to maximum and use it
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 20:48   Link #11695
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
It could maybe be on par with Natsu or Gajeel's roar but not stronger. Wendy is stronger now in combat but she's still nowhere near Natsu or Gajeel when it comes to raw physical and magical power, her buffs and heals help balance things out a bit though.
Old 2013-08-16, 21:49   Link #11696
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Besides, she said so herself, she doesn't like fighting like Natsu and Gajeel do, but she can hold her own when she needs to.
Old 2013-08-17, 10:11   Link #11697
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
wow... Wendy is now like Natsu and Gajeel but with recovery and buff ability
she have potential to be invisible now...
No she's not anywhere close to either of there levels. I swear this just like the Lucy Flare match a good fight or two against some bench warmers doesn't mean she has top level powers. Although Wendy has made a lot of progress in terms of combat ability in the last couple of arcs she's still young, inexperienced and using magic that was mainly designed for support.

Also don't get the wrong idea I love this chapter and I wish they do more like these chapters for Lucy and Wendy. It's what there characters need even battles in terms of number opponents with no FT heavy hitters, and the FT ladies got a decisive win with no ass pull power ups or any of them ending up half dead.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 10:37   Link #11698
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I'd say Lucy is easily the top mage of her type, just based on the number of keys and magical capacity she possesses. Wendy really has a lot of room for improvement though, especially with the other dragon slayers' recent achievements...but hey, she's only twelve
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:09   Link #11699
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

There's only like 2 celestial spirit mages left so it's not that hard to be the best :P
Old 2013-08-17, 11:51   Link #11700
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
There's only like 2 celestial spirit mages left so it's not that hard to be the best :P
You can still be a spirit mage with silver keys.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen