AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-04-29, 18:59   Link #6781
madmac

Yeah. Imagine talking about the Golden Week Arc back when it was just Nagi and friends planning a vacation.

What's happening now is important, but it's all setup and transition stuff. Until Nagi is moved into her new home and settled into her new life, not much else is going to happen.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 20:29   Link #6782
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Because there's not much going on atm. The story is shifting into the new setting, and that takes time.
And the fact that there is no new chapter for next week certainly compounds that problem.
Old 2010-04-30, 14:26   Link #6783
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

k, so did Hata forget to include a chapter or something before this one? What happened to the cliffhanger of last chapter, how did Klaus all of the sudden get to be so cool and wise? really, this is all so sudden and without any sort of proper build up, the whole thing with Klaus giving Hayate the ''As butlers, we must endure our master's absurdness'' thing might have been good and all (with him passing knowledge and trust to the youngster here) but after he was reduced to nothing but the butt of the jokes since the early parts of the manga (and even before and after the latest story arc ) I can't take his character seriously like it is expected from me as a reader here. At least we might get a hunted house storyline next chapter, and Isumi might come again, so at least that is something to look forward to.
Old 2010-04-30, 15:16   Link #6784
madmac

Hata said on his blog this week he was getting massive writers block trying to continue the Hayate and Klaus dating game, even though he liked the idea, so we skipped it.

Wouldn't have killed him to insert an actual transition in there, though.

It might just be me, but I don't have a hard time taking Klaus seriously now and then. It's just the nature of the series that everyone gets to be cool once in a while.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 22:39   Link #6785
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Rofl i laughted so hard when klaus showed hayate the picture, when he was young HAHAHHAHAHA
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 23:57   Link #6786
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildArms View Post
Rofl i laughted so hard when klaus showed hayate the picture, when he was young HAHAHHAHAHA
it is a warning to Hayate on what will happen to him if he stays on as the Saizen butler.
Old 2010-05-01, 12:35   Link #6787
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it is a warning to Hayate on what will happen to him if he stays on as the Saizen butler.
Nice one~desu
He may as well just accept ojou's request of marriage if he doesn't want to end up like Klaus xD
Old 2010-05-01, 19:39   Link #6788
Dr. Casey

Klaus isn't bad-looking. Looks older than mid-50s (Assuming that he showed Hayate the picture because he's 40 years older than him), but still.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 20:34   Link #6789
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Nice one~desu
He may as well just accept ojou's request of marriage if he doesn't want to end up like Klaus xD

why try his luck with the Saizen, just move on to the Tennos when his debt with Nagi is pay for.
Old 2010-05-01, 21:07   Link #6790
GlassesLady
dat apple

Oh, what are you guys talking about? Everyone knows that Hayate's gonna end up looking like this when he gets older, no matter what he does.... that's a woman, by the way.... whatever.

Actually, Xellos, considering that at the moment the debt will take 40 years to pay, by the time he's done there, it'll be too late.... Thus, marriage is the only way out. gives thumbs up

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 21:13   Link #6791
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Actually, Xellos, considering that at the moment the debt will take 40 years to pay, by the time he's done there, it'll be too late.... Thus, marriage is the only way out. gives thumbs up
Actually, when Hayate was the rich oujo-sama's butler it was predicted that it would take 40 years.
Since we have no idea how that was affected by losing the inheritance, it could be increased now, or decreased somehow.
But seeing how Hayate is paying a debt of honor now, as opposed to any monetary debt, who really knows.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 23:43   Link #6792
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Oh, what are you guys talking about? Everyone knows that Hayate's gonna end up looking like this when he gets older, no matter what he does.... that's a woman, by the way.... whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Actually, when Hayate was the rich oujo-sama's butler it was predicted that it would take 40 years.
Since we have no idea how that was affected by losing the inheritance, it could be increased now, or decreased somehow.
But seeing how Hayate is paying a debt of honor now, as opposed to any monetary debt, who really knows.
A-tan can pay for it
Old 2010-05-02, 07:05   Link #6793
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Just the chapter, Little masters tend to fall to hot butlers , but damn that's one hot Klaus. Looking forward at the next chapter.
Old 2010-05-02, 13:10   Link #6794
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
A-tan can pay for it
She already offered to pay the debt, and Hayate didn't accept.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:10   Link #6795
Jiraya2

Quote:
She already offered to pay the debt, and Hayate didn't accept.
Right, but things are quite different right now.
Oujou sama is not that rich, and Hayate might feel really guilty not being able to pay back his debt ...
Of course, Nagi would refuse to lose Hayate for money, and A-Tan would not do something so pitiful, that is why, I do not believe in that event.
Moreover, even if I roots for A-Tan's return, the one who will appear is not A-Tan but the mysterious Luca.
Jiraya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:15   Link #6796
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiraya2 View Post
Oujou sama is not that rich, and Hayate might feel really guilty not being able to pay back his debt ...
Of course, Nagi would refuse to lose Hayate for money, and A-Tan would not do something so pitiful, that is why, I do not believe in that event.
Moreover, even if I roots for A-Tan's return, the one who will appear is not A-Tan but the mysterious Luca.
The debt will be insignificant in Hayate's return to Athena, from my observation.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:16   Link #6797
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
.. Did no one pick up that the debt isn't about money anymore?

No one can pay it except Hayate. As in it's impossible for anyone, even with millions.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:29   Link #6798
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

No one can pay it except Hayate. As in it's impossible for anyone, even with millions.

A-tan is estimated at Billions
Old 2010-05-02, 16:56   Link #6799
aldw

Quote:

That's why my sentiment is once Hayate's sense of honor is satisfied he'll be back with A-tan again.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 21:44   Link #6800
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiraya2 View Post
The problem is that i want hayate to end with any girl, i like them all! (though im not rooting for hayate&Nagi ending, she is too small D, IS LIKE WITH TORA DORA, I LIKE ALL THE GIRLS, HOW AN I CHOOSE BETWEEN A-TAN OR HINAGIKU, TELL ME, HOW?!

Btw i cant help but stare at your avatar, thx for wasting like 5 times of my life
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen