Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-01-08, 13:51   Link #21
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You say this, but I saw a streamer earlier stomp runes (7+) over and over in a row with a very aggressive aggro forest deck (master players). For the time being the meta seems to be still in flux; which is probably fine for me since haven't had time to dive back in, yet.
Well, the aggro forest decks designed to exploit the decks' one weakness, no wards, by using rhino roach as a reliable finisher by the time tempo rune overwhelms to board thanks to feena and goblin mage fetching and setting up lethal from it, the deck struggles against anything with actual defense hence why it's relatively unpopular and overall forest even in master has neutral performance at best. Additionally it's harder than traditional forest decks to play since it is relatively easy to misplay with rhino roach or fail to see when you have lethal with it.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2017-01-08 at 14:53.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-08, 20:28   Link #22
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Combo forest has a ~55% win rate in masters which is more than decent and the aggro variant has over 50% too.

The current cancer is aggro blood and aggro rune with ramp dragon, combo/aggro forest, and every sword variation following closely. If aggro rune gets perfect RNG they just win, t4 Daria into spellboost followers is ridiculous. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

In terms of classes it's something like [Rune / Forest / Sword] > [Haven / Dragon / Blood / Shadow]

Shadow seems to have benefited the least from the expansion while rune and sword got the most out of it. Haven lost its spot on top and didn't get that much from the expansion either but their decks are still decent.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 03:00   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
If aggro rune gets perfect RNG they just win, t4 Daria into spellboost followers is ridiculous. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.
I run mostly earth runes with some SB spells and only a couple SB followers - everything else is earth rites. Although the deck has no high-end wards, you can summon up to 4 guardian golems; 2 from alchemist's workshop and 2 from golem protection (+2/+2 with earth rites). It's a pretty solid deck, plays out a lot like havencraft...but ALL of the runecraft decks I play against try to cheese with Levi and piercing rune/crimson sorcery. Coincidentally, everyone I fight has Daria or dimension shift, some even have both. It's really annoying <_<

EDIT: I found one guy running an insane earth deck full of guardian conjuring.

After getting my ancient elf, my forestcraft evolved for the better. I also found a few more commanders to make a competent sword deck (and fought against Leonidas, probably the most BS card in the game so far). My most competent deck, however, is shadowcraft, due to its versatile nature; a good shadow:necromancy ratio and mid to high cost followers with ward ensure that most of my games can play out. I can't win a single match with bloodcraft...gotta find some good cards for it.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2017-01-09 at 06:03.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 11:23   Link #24
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I was thinking of starting this game. Is it a good time now?

If I already made a steam account for it, can I play my mobile account(after doing all the rerolls and stuff) on steam?
Old 2017-01-09, 12:06   Link #25
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
I was thinking of starting this game. Is it a good time now?

If I already made a steam account for it, can I play my mobile account(after doing all the rerolls and stuff) on steam?
Yes, you can link your mobile with your steam account unless you're using iOS.

You get a ton of free packs when you start so anytime you want to start is good. Don't remember the exact amount but it should be ~20 standard, ~20 Darkness Evolved and a bunch of Bahamut packs as well as a bunch of packs/gold from quests. There's one quest line that requires you to fight 20 private matches against unique opponents giving 100 gold/fight, winning not required. There's a stickied thread on reddit to find opponents.

Since you get so many packs at the beginning, many players choose to reroll until they get a decent amount of golds and legendaries. Depending on what craft you want to play it is a good idea to aim for certain key cards. Here's a rerolling guide but note that it was made before Rise of Bahamut came out so these cards aren't listed there.

A quick note regarding deck lists, if you're looking for competitive deck lists always check different sources, most of them aren't bad but it's better to get more ideas along the way.

Also if you can get 3+ wins in arena it's better to get your packs that way since a pack costs 100 gold whereas arena costs 150 entry fee and returns ~70-80 gold (3 wins) and 1 pack. It requires quite a bit more time though.
Old 2017-01-09, 14:17   Link #26
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Yes, you can link your mobile with your steam account unless you're using iOS.

So your steam account will be overwritten? I sure hope so.
Old 2017-01-09, 14:47   Link #27
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Shouldn't you be able to re-link your account to steam, if you want to?

Quote:
Since you get so many packs at the beginning, many players choose to reroll until they get a decent amount of golds and legendaries
I never was one for rerolling...can you get all of the cards from booster packs? More specifically, can you get sealed deck uniques?
Old 2017-01-09, 15:12   Link #28
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Shouldn't you be able to re-link your account to steam, if you want to?

I never was one for rerolling...can you get all of the cards from booster packs? More specifically, can you get sealed deck uniques?
With a few minor exceptions like cards from story lines or glass & flame both being low ranked rewards everything else comes from packs.

The prebuilt deck uniques are alternative art versions not unique cards, you can get their regular art versions of those cards from boosters or can be made with vials. The alternative art is only available from the prebuilt deck though.
MAL
Old 2017-01-09, 16:15   Link #29
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Alright, knowing they can be obtained through regular packs is a relief. One more question, how many different take two chests are there and what is the difference between their rewards?
Old 2017-01-09, 22:43   Link #30
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

1 standard pack regardless of wins. Additionally

0 wins: 0g
1 wins: 20g or 25g
2 wins: 35g or 45g or 50g
3 wins: 60g or 70g or 80g
4 wins: 120g and 20 vials or 130g or 140g
5 wins: 200g and 50 vials or 250g or 280g

There was a promotion a while back that switched the standard pack to a darkness evolved one for a couple of weeks. They will probably do something similar in the future too although nothing has been announced so far.
Old 2017-01-10, 01:41   Link #31
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Is it me or is there something wrong? The only option I can link my account is either to google play or facebook, not steam.

Also I didn't get any single packs at all for some reason.

EDIT: Nvm, found it.

What's the number of legendaries to have? 4? 7?

I see those 2 numbers around.

Any idea what good decks I can make with this rolls?

Spoiler:

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2017-01-10 at 08:39.
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 09:08   Link #32
lmw

I'd say this is a good roll. Decent amount of legendaries, and most of them are very useful.

Since you got 2 Alberts, you can go for an aggro sword deck, which is rather strong right now. All you need is another Albert and 2-3 golds (Alwida's Command), the rest of the deck consists of silver and bronze cards.

You can also consider making a forest deck, but this one is more expensive. You would need 2 more Ancient Elfs at the very least, as well as several golds no matter what type of deck you want to build.

Another option that is quite cheap is aggro blood, a deck that doesn't need any legendaries and can be run with only 3 golds (Vania). It's quite powerful right now.
lmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 09:45   Link #33
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw View Post
I'd say this is a good roll. Decent amount of legendaries, and most of them are very useful.

Since you got 2 Alberts, you can go for an aggro sword deck, which is rather strong right now. All you need is another Albert and 2-3 golds (Alwida's Command), the rest of the deck consists of silver and bronze cards.

You can also consider making a forest deck, but this one is more expensive. You would need 2 more Ancient Elfs at the very least, as well as several golds no matter what type of deck you want to build.

Another option that is quite cheap is aggro blood, a deck that doesn't need any legendaries and can be run with only 3 golds (Vania). It's quite powerful right now.

Okay thanks but I heard Sword decks are generally quite weak now. I'm keeping this as an option though. Would like a combo Forest deck if possible with this rolls but ideally I'm trying to go for Aggro Shadow or DShift Rune so am still rerolling(keeping that 2 Albert rolls account on Steam for now).

Am not too sure if I play Shadow which build is best. Currently just trying to see what can I get but the past few rerolls have been really crappy with me only getting 1 or no legendary and <5 gold.
Old 2017-01-10, 10:51   Link #34
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Okay thanks but I heard Sword decks are generally quite weak now. I'm keeping this as an option though. Would like a combo Forest deck if possible with this rolls but ideally I'm trying to go for Aggro Shadow or DShift Rune so am still rerolling(keeping that 2 Albert rolls account on Steam for now).

Am not too sure if I play Shadow which build is best. Currently just trying to see what can I get but the past few rerolls have been really crappy with me only getting 1 or no legendary and <5 gold.
Well you got two of the legendaries used for combo forest and you could probably manage with 1 Tia for awhile if you got 3 ancient elfs and rest of combo forest is silver/bronze besides rhinoroach which is gold.

Also sword can be good but it's also one of the most expensive decks generally speaking since the "good" sword decks, midrange and control, both run numerous legendary and gold cards.

Aggro Shadow only runs Cerberus for legendaries and several gold cards. Dshift is merlin + a fair bit of golds.

Also it's not like the starter packs are the only thing you get, so it's really just a matter of what you want to start with.
MAL
Old 2017-01-10, 11:34   Link #35
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Forestcraft has a lot of recalling, so you can play the same Tia over and over. Ancient Elf could use an extra copy or two, but even one makes a huge difference.

IMO shadow plays best in defense, last words cards are your best friend. Filling up a cheap deck with <4 necro effects can lead to the equivalent of an average forest, sword or batcraft deck.
Old 2017-01-10, 11:55   Link #36
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sword is BY FAR the most expensive class to make a competitive deck for. We're talking about 40k+ vials on average. Of the strongest decks aggro blood is probably the cheapest one right now around ~6-7k, running not a single legendary in it. That said, climbing up to B3 rank is fairly straight-forward even if you don't have 2 or 3 of a specific legendary/gold so you shouldn't worry too much until that point.

Speaking of sword, I do have a control sword deck and while it performs decently against aggro it doesn't do much against other control decks, midrange is somewhat of a toss-up and pretty much auto-loses to shadow. Not to mention that matches usually take forever. Having more fun playing combo roach although I'm mainly using it to non-intentionally tank ranking
Old 2017-01-10, 12:08   Link #37
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Forestcraft has a lot of recalling, so you can play the same Tia over and over. Ancient Elf could use an extra copy or two, but even one makes a huge difference.
Ancient Elf makes a big difference in combo forest, tia not so much since combo aims for lethal on turn 6-8 usually using goblin mage and feena to setup for reliable rhinoroach burst finisher. So tia less relevant since it tends to win on the turns that you would normally play Tia on.
MAL
Old 2017-01-11, 02:18   Link #38
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Shadow seems to have benefited the least from the expansion while rune and sword got the most out of it. Haven lost its spot on top and didn't get that much from the expansion either but their decks are still decent.
Shadow got way more control and LW tools than they could ever dreamt. The class has a 2678 cost deck revolving around Nephthys that just close the game once Nephthys is played unless they took too much damage where even Khawy can't help them in avoiding lethal against face damage. The only issue with that deck is the lack of pressure between PP3-5 as they mostly filled 3-4-5 cost with direct removal instead of followers. Obviously not a big game changer like Tempo Rune, but is is arguably better than Sword that only got Amelia and Albert as "real" new tools.

The class who benefitted the least in that extention is Dragon by a huge margin. Discard dragon still has a lot of consistency issue, and Uriel doesn't help as she is a terrible tempo loss, and using dracomancer at PP5 is still not optimal. Meanwhile, midrange/ramp dragon just got Salamander (very powerful, mind you) and Bahamut, so it doesn't really change a lot for the class.
Old 2017-01-11, 08:44   Link #39
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Lurching Corpse, Necroassassin and Khawy are certainly powerful. Ultimate Carrot is also a welcome tool. That said their only real late game threat is Mordecai and if he gets banished they just lose. With Odin being teched in a lot of decks this is quite a real possibility. The main reason why shadow is having an upswing right now is because aggro blood and combo roach dominate the meta now, pushing the classes that are traditionally good against shadow (haven, not-aggro rune) out. Like you said dragon didn't get much either but discard dragon which was terrible before is now a somewhat playable deck and the other decks got some improvements too.

The one thing I'd disagree with is sword. Amelia is very strong and Albert is arguably one of if not the best legendary in the expansion (Fight me Daria). They also got Cyclone Blade which is FINALLY AoE for sword as well as Fangblade Slayer, Blitz Lancer, Monika and Jeno. Sword admittedly has a bad match-up against Shadow but overall as a class they are up there.
Old 2017-01-11, 09:19   Link #40
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Lurching Corpse, Necroassassin and Khawy are certainly powerful. Ultimate Carrot is also a welcome tool. That said their only real late game threat is Mordecai and if he gets banished they just lose. With Odin being teched in a lot of decks this is quite a real possibility. The main reason why shadow is having an upswing right now is because aggro blood and combo roach dominate the meta now, pushing the classes that are traditionally good against shadow (haven, not-aggro rune) out. Like you said dragon didn't get much either but discard dragon which was terrible before is now a somewhat playable deck and the other decks got some improvements too.

The one thing I'd disagree with is sword. Amelia is very strong and Albert is arguably one of if not the best legendary in the expansion (Fight me Daria). They also got Cyclone Blade which is FINALLY AoE for sword as well as Fangblade Slayer, Blitz Lancer, Monika and Jeno. Sword admittedly has a bad match-up against Shadow but overall as a class they are up there.
With Neph though ideal shadow will put out 2x lichs + morde + Khawy to kill/heal thus even they Odin banish morde shadow still has 13 damage on the field.
MAL