AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 14:27   Link #81
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

still better than the ones at age of conan .

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 15:35   Link #82
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't know I'd smear the entire cast of GMs at AoC over one guy :P That sort of thing is going to be a problem in *any* MMO once in a while.

So far, out of all the MMOs I've played -- the Warhammer people have scored highest with me for being pretty responsible, fast response, and professional. WoW was mixed... and most of the rest I rarely was able to collect data because no one responded or the tools to CONTACT a GM were crappy (e.g. many of the F2P games have no in-game tools for GM assistance, you have to post in a forum).

Usually the problem is not unprofessionalism in any game --- its the difficulty of getting one to respond at all because there's too few of them.
Old 2009-06-09, 15:41   Link #83
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I was just kidding ^^;

I have only called a GM only once in 4 years and my problem was resolved promptly. However I've seen some crazy stuff. Even so I think the main problem with FFXI is that GMs have their hands tied by rules, they can't do much to prevent certain disruptive behaviours (ninjalotting for example) because the rules do not prevent them. So most of the time it was useless to call them. Technical problems like being stuck or other sort of bugs are practically inexistent in FFXI so GM aren't needed for such things.

Things became a little better with the introduction of the task force.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 11:01   Link #84
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
wow
what a dumass
Old 2009-06-11, 08:47   Link #85
AnimeFangirl

"FF14...!"
"yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"
"...Online."
/me wilts faster than a candle under a blow torch.

I guess I'm happy for the FFXI fans...I guess?
Old 2009-06-11, 13:25   Link #86
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

if i can play 4 free monthly, i may consider buying it

the main reason i dont play ffxi is the monthly fees
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 14:21   Link #87
Mooglar

Send a message via AIM to Mooglar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post

That's not going to change.. if you want a free mmo to play there are plenty of korean made mmo's to play
Mooglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 21:37   Link #88
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I also can't play if there's monthly fee >.< I blame my country's poor economy that makes my country's currency worth nothing >.<. BTW, how much is FF XI monthly fee?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 22:25   Link #89
Shadow Kira01

Quote:

I wouldn't mind if there were more payment methods, not mentioning that I need a router along with some cables to get FFXI to work. It just doesn't sound like a good game if you have to pay twice and go through lots of trouble in getting the game to work.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 12:51   Link #90
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Another Tanaka and Komoto interview. Even though this interview was conducted by Dengeki, it's Q&A we've seen from other interviews. (perhaps new to some) Alas! still a good read for any FF fan out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengeki
Does the new land of Eorzea hold any connections or similarities to Vana'diel?

Tanaka reiterates that while Vana'diel was an fully developed world, Eorzea is simply a region within the world of Final Fantasy XIV. This will, however, be the main region in which players interact, so webmasters who snatched up an Eorzea based URL can breathe a sigh of relief. The world itself will be named ハイデリン (ha-i-de-ri-n), but we have yet to receive an official English spelling of the word. As for differences between the two worlds, Final Fantasy XIV will be a little more "high-tech" in line with the sci fi style of Final Fantasy XIII. However, they still wish to have the foundation of the game's setting based in traditional fantasy.

Are there any connections beyond the style of Avatars?

Tanaka states that players can go into Final Fantasy XIV expecting no significant similarities. However, they realize some comforts just cannot be abandoned so easily - like friends. Therefore, they are looking at ways to allow names to transfer as well as other methods to keep adventurers together. The main objective here is to make transferring to Final Fantasy XIV as comfortable as possible without providing the advantage of transferring completed characters. The ideal situation is one in which players can choose freely between playing in Vana'diel one day, and Eorzea the next. Tanaka envisioned a new door in one's Mog House that would act as a dimensional portal into Eorzea, allowing players in either game to quickly join their friends wherever they may be. Unfortunately, despite his best efforts, Tanaka was unable to bring this plan to fruition.

If there are no levels, how do characters advance?

Although Final Fantasy XIV will eschew the traditional leveling system in favor of something new, there will be parts of the Job System that make it over. Most importantly, they wish to retain the concept of being able to switch roles and work on one job one time and another job the next time. At this time, the developers are unable to give any specifics.

How will the payment plan look?

While Final Fantasy XI runs on a monthly plan through PlayOnline, Final Fantasy XIV will drop PlayOnline and utilize the recently established Square Enix IDs and Security Tokens. The monthly plan is also due for a change, and Tanaka says they are considering a more versatile plan, based on 30-day payment cycles. Some people have been confused by this, but all it involves is altering when a player's plan stops and starts. If you count by days instead of months, you have the freedom to stop and start more freely. This would allow billing to break free from the shackles of the monthly cycle and possibly really help out customers by helping them avoid paying for unused time and lessen the inconvenience of the regularly scheduled billing maintenance.

How is the announcement of Final Fantasy XIV affecting the current players?

Tanaka realizes that playing both XI and XIV could take up way too much time for the average player. Taking this into account, Final Fantasy XIV is designed to be much lighter on one's schedule and contain a wider variety of content so players can find the best way to enjoy the game for themselves. Final Fantasy XIV definitely will not be as rough on the player, and it is speculated that this will cause as eventual shift of users to the game.

Is this the untimely end of Final Fantasy XI?

Updates for Final Fantasy XI are planned out for the next year already, and there is no intention to stop after that. The development team has been divided between both games for some time now, so Tanaka says there is no reason to panic. There is still much more left that the team wants to do. Even within the next two Version Updates, the developers claim there is plenty of content in the works, and it will be tough to get it all in. Of course, this includes the next add-on scenario, "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" - an addition that all players can look forward to!

When does the Beta start?!

According to the announcement, Final Fantasy XIV will go on sale and begin service sometime in 2010. Looking at how things will go forth, Tanaka confirms that a beta test beginning next year will be most likely, with the test leading into the public release of the game. However, the exact timing is still unknown.

A word for Final Fantasy XI players...

Tanaka states his admiration for the players helping Final Fantasy XI to continue all these past seven years and how they helped it mature into such a fantastic experience. While Final Fantasy XIV will take the series in a new direction, Tanaka sincerely looks forward to delivering something that all users can thoroughly enjoy, and hopes you look forward to its release.

Komoto also expresses his fascination at the amazing world that the users have built Final Fantasy XI into. Komoto hopes to continue to develop a place where users can meet each other, make lasting friendships, maintain sporting rivalries, and most importantly, enjoy the experience in any manner they wish. Final Fantasy XIV will be an MMO that provides such freedom, and introduce a new land in which players can accompany their friends and challenge their rivals.

After the interview closed, the Dengeki Team decided to take their own crack at the concept art from the official Final Fantasy XIV site. Here is what they had to say:

The Crystal: The appearance of the Crystal is something common between XI and XIV, although the shape is noticeably different. Will they play a key role in XIV as well, perhaps used as weapons?
The Races: We can see what looks like a Taru behind a table. Is he taller than XI's Taru, or is he just standing on a chair? Will they be as well-versed in the magical arts?
The Armor: There is a blonde haired adventurer with his back to us, and he is wearing a hat that is similar to Black Mage Relic armor. Will there be job-specific equipment again? For that matter, will there be a Job System?
The Characters: Sitting at the far-right table, there seems to be a half-Hume, half-Elvaan character with a spear. Will XIV allow for more versatility in character creation?
Source
Old 2009-06-12, 13:11   Link #91
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i pray for cross breeds ><
Old 2009-06-12, 15:02   Link #92
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

sphere grid anyone for leveling

They could be like maple story and psn home, people get charged if they want to get charged, like cash only items, but not to disrupt the gaming experience without the cash items. I think this would draw more people to the game.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 05:33   Link #93
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
sphere grid anyone for leveling

They could be like maple story and psn home, people get charged if they want to get charged, like cash only items, but not to disrupt the gaming experience without the cash items. I think this would draw more people to the game.
Nah the sphere grid system would make the game way too unbalanced. Everyone would be running Whitemage/Blackmage combo's. So I doubt it'll happen.

Personally I dislike the F2P store system. It gives people an unfair disadvantage. I always tend to feel dirty for buying items online legit or not. Monthly subcription ftw, wouldn't mind a cheaper then normal subscription though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 20:18   Link #94
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Bah...no one-time-pay-and-done huh >.<...
Old 2009-06-24, 20:31   Link #95
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'm still saving some money to play this game ^^. How does the security token system works? Does that mean only people in specific region can play it? I hope the monthly fee for this game won't be too expensive. BTW, What's the monthly fee for FF XI? cuz I think the monthly fee won't be too different
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 20:43   Link #96
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'm still saving some money to play this game ^^. How does the security token system works? Does that mean only people in specific region can play it? I hope the monthly fee for this game won't be too expensive. BTW, What's the monthly fee for FF XI? cuz I think the monthly fee won't be too different
The security token is just a little device that generates a temporary password that changes every time you log-in. You had to buy it separately from the game and is a completely optional "extra layer" of security for one's account. If they decide to bring security tokens back to FFXIV, I would assume they will remain optional.

The monthly fee for FFXI is 12.95 USD.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 00:15   Link #97
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I guess I can dig a payment system over days instead of months. I haven't heard of this before, is this new?
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 07:23   Link #98
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I guess I can dig a payment system over days instead of months. I haven't heard of this before, is this new?
It's $12.95 per month, not too sure about the days you are referring to?
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 11:58   Link #99
Zarifus

I think the days he's referring to is something that was mentioned in one of the interviews. It said that although you still pay monthly, you can start your 'month' on any day you want. That way, if you leave for a long vacation, you can time your subscription better so that you don't waste weeks of gametime at the beginning and end of months.
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 12:06   Link #100
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarifus View Post
I think the days he's referring to is something that was mentioned in one of the interviews. It said that although you still pay monthly, you can start your 'month' on any day you want. That way, if you leave for a long vacation, you can time your subscription better so that you don't waste weeks of gametime at the beginning and end of months.
oh thats gonna be sweet if they do it, Ive had my internet shut off before for half a month and ic ouldnt play FFXI ><

Tags
mmorpg