AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-17, 13:29   Link #101
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
If you are talking about the episode that gave more than 700 people seizures, it is episode #38 of season 1. The link that Asrialys provided has it listed as banned episode #3 if you did not check for yourself...

Anyway, yes it is true and here is a news report by CNN about it.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9712/17/jap...oon/index.html
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 17:39   Link #102
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i hate that pokemon character's name is completely americanized, hate it very much
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 19:59   Link #103
Asrialys

Sound fine to me...
Old 2008-06-17, 22:21   Link #104
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
If you are talking about the episode that gave more than 700 people seizures, it is episode #38 of season 1. The link that Asrialys provided has it listed as banned episode #3 if you did not check for yourself...

Anyway, yes it is true and here is a news report by CNN about it.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9712/17/jap...oon/index.html
s/people/little children/

Episode 38 has some bright lights in the cave/dreamworld, thereby causing some little Japanese childrens to seizure.

Should we actually blame on the series or should we blame on the latest Japanese technologies for producing surreal videos for the result of seizures?
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:48   Link #105
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i hate that pokemon character's name is completely americanized, hate it very much
The people? Yeah, I don't like the name changing either... But I'm fine with most of them (still prefer the JP versions though). There are some pretty mean ones like... Bugsy.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 05:19   Link #106
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I still prefer the Japanese version also. :3

I just love Rica's voice as Satoshi/Ash. She just gives him more emotion and life. X3

This thursday..Satoshi's gym match with Crasher Wake. :3

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 12:54   Link #107
soudou

I imported and got the Australian "Super Wallets" since they seemed to be a good deal and am making my way through them. I stopped watching it on TV many years ago during Orange Islands so I'm rewatching earlier episodes. Also catching up with the films. Just finished the Lucario one. Although I think I'd prefer to see the whole series in Japanese the dub is more easy to access/find. Unless I'm mistaken?

Alien 9 / Alien Nine - Downloads, Forum, Music Videos, Fanart/Fanfiction, Oekaki & More
soudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 13:15   Link #108
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soudou View Post
I imported and got the Australian "Super Wallets" since they seemed to be a good deal and am making my way through them. I stopped watching it on TV many years ago during Orange Islands so I'm rewatching earlier episodes. Also catching up with the films. Just finished the Lucario one. Although I think I'd prefer to see the whole series in Japanese the dub is more easy to access/find. Unless I'm mistaken?
you can get the non sub jap DVDs if you are willing to pay 2-6 times as much as normal US anime. ^^

there are o retail subs in English anywhere as far as I know.

edit
I know the newer series are getting fansubs but is anyone subbing the first series?
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 15:13   Link #109
kamo

There are a few fansubs for the first series, but it's mostly the banned episodes and the first episodes. Since it's a show for kids, it's not that hard to follow raws if you still want to see them in Japanese. ^^ Katsu Koneko, who posted above you, has them on her site.

And I think they don't sell DVDs in Japan, except for movies and a few special episodes? I have some, but they are single episodes only. I think the whole series is only available for rent in Japan.

I am pretty behind on Pokemon though. I waited forever for Haruka to appear in DP, and when she finally did, I stopped watching. ;-; I don't have school now, so I will try to catch up.
Old 2008-06-24, 05:26   Link #110
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
So glad other people are watchin' the Japanese version~ Yeah the Japanese version was verrrry hard to find. Kanto, Orange, and Jouto regions especially since they were older.

Well Pokemon Diamond and Pearl's taking a week off for baseball I believe, but next week will be a one hour special.

Spoiler for DP84 + DP85:

Now for Tanks for the Memories..the BGM was weird..and Dawn's, "Yeah" wasn't that enthusiastic as in the Japanese version. Otherwise, I loved Maid Satoshi, though..hearing Rica Matsumoto reciting the lines in that episode was more entertaining for me than Sarah Natochenny. In my opinion that is.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:15   Link #111
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

if anyone cares

p.s. is that red from pokemon gold and silver hmm...
Old 2009-12-11, 16:28   Link #112
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yay~, the 13th movie. As expected, they are going back to Gold/Silver/Johto pokemon with the new release of the two remakes...
I wonder if this clone Ash is voiced by the same person who voiced Ash when he was taken over by some spirit during the battle at the Battle Pyramid...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-12-11, 16:32   Link #113
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

That reminds me of the lvl 81 pikachu after the elite 4, if you play through the original gold and silver, you will know what i meant
Old 2009-12-11, 20:43   Link #114
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Sadly, it have been a long time I have touch Pocket Monsters anime since I lost interest in the anime and being so long just to catch up... Probably the last Pocket Monsters movie I have seen is the 8th movie... yes, that's kinda sad... plus I have higher standards for anime now... =p
Old 2009-12-12, 02:26   Link #115
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
That reminds me of the lvl 81 pikachu after the elite 4, if you play through the original gold and silver, you will know what i meant
The strongest enemy trainer pokemon in history, I believe. In the remake, Pikachu's at level 88...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Sadly, it have been a long time I have touch Pocket Monsters anime since I lost interest in the anime and being so long just to catch up... Probably the last Pocket Monsters movie I have seen is the 8th movie... yes, that's kinda sad... plus I have higher standards for anime now... =p
The usual anime is... rather low quality (not that you can help it, being a long-running anime and aimed at children), but the movies are usually pretty good, especially the quality. It's worth a watch, I feel.

Old 2009-12-12, 03:37   Link #116
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The strongest enemy trainer pokemon in history, I believe. In the remake, Pikachu's at level 88...

The usual anime is... rather low quality (not that you can help it, being a long-running anime and aimed at children), but the movies are usually pretty good, especially the quality. It's worth a watch, I feel.
Well, to be honest, the strongest enemy (minus the remakes of G/S since Pikachu retakes the spot) is your rival in Platinum after you beat the E4 20 times; his highest is level 85.

In terms of anime, I'll only watch battle episodes when I learn that Ash actually wins a tournament... a real one, not Battle Frontier.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 20:43   Link #117
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

The problem that I realize now is that the contest and battles are pretty much the same thing... over and over again. Sure it's different Gym Leaders, but we get a sense that it had happen before...

Also, Pokemon Contests and Super Pokemon Contests in the Anime are no different, besides with the Super Contests, everyone dresses up and it's all gaudy. What irks me now about it is that the anime is stuck in the 90s when most of today's anime are aired in 720p HD upscaled and 16:9... As I remembered, the anime was still stuck in the 4:3 format in 2007?! Animes like Kanon was already airing in 16:9 when it aired in Fall of 2006. They only recently switched to 16:9 after all these years, but I'm still not going to watch it again...

I have enjoyed it in my childhood since I pretty much enjoyed anything... but looking at now when I start watching newer anime... well, yeah... The movies aren't bad and actually better than the anime, but still lacking somewhat...

Pretty much the only thing I like about Pokemon is the games, they are still good and I am hardcore with it with specific movesets and stuff.
Old 2010-01-21, 02:24   Link #118
Twinleafgirl
Power of a girl/shoujo

what about Dawn/Hikari that girl?
Twinleafgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 19:12   Link #119
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

As of today (about three minutes ago to be precise), I concluded the last episode of Pocket Monsters: Diamond & Pearl, therefore, finishing the entire and overall show which started way back in September 28th, 2006.

Four years flew right away, and I thought it lasted an eternity, which is not a bad thing.

The Sinnoh League lasted around 191 episodes which correspond to the third Pocket Monsters anime TV show.

The first and original Pocket Monsters anime, which featured the classic trio of Ash (Satoshi), Misty (Kasumi), and Brock (Takeshi) along with Pikachu lasted 276 episodes distributed as followed:
Indigo League (Kanto) - 83 episodes (including those that were banned in the Western Hemisphere)

Orange Islands - 35 episodes

Johto League - 158 episodes (including as well episodes banned in the West)

The second anime, Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation, which replaced Misty definitely with May (Haruka) and Max (Masato), ran for about 192 episodes distributed as followed:
Hoenn League - 133 episodes (one episode got banned inside Japan)

Kanto Battle Fronter - 59 episodes

The third anime, Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl, rotated both May and Max for Dawn (Hikari), and only corresponded to the Sinnoh League for 191 whole episodes in its entire run.

I got to say that Hikari became one of the best female co-leads in the main cast along with Misty, since I saw her more as a counterpart and equal to Ash rather than a love interest or little sister.

What I disliked the most about the third anime is Team Rocket. Since midway to the Johto League, those m$%@!s lost their charm to me, continuously outliving their utility.
It doesn't matter how hard they try to persevere or being persistent, they're bound to lose due to being mean and evil. And that's a definitely "no-no" in the Pokemon Universe.

My greatest dismay and shock is that useless trio is going to be present again in the next Pokemon anime, Best Wishes.
Gosh! Those guys are like cockroaches. Even if Pikachu nukes them with a 10,000,000 TeraWatt Thunder, they're going to survive unscathingly.

Anyways, I enjoyed the third Pokemon anime very much, and while it did not feature a varied assortment of opening and ending songs like the second Pokemon anime did, I became very fond of of the last ending music theme played for the last 9 episodes of the series.

The question is "Should I grow-up and leave Pokemon behind?", and that's pretty a personal and interesting question, since the first time I watched Pokemon was back in June 1999, when it aired first in my local TV-station before it did on CartoonNetwork three months later.

It's been 11 years with Pokemon, and it's important for me to realize my priorities, as I have been experiencing with new anime shows continuously for over the past 7 years.

I definitely like the games, which I will never get bored with them, but the anime's a different media. I guess that if I've been able to get through three Pokemon anime in 11 years, then I can go through a new series for the next four years.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 18:34   Link #120
Lelouch Tatsumi

Send a message via AIM to Lelouch Tatsumi Send a message via MSN to Lelouch Tatsumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
My greatest dismay and shock is that useless trio is going to be present again in the next Pokemon anime, Best Wishes.
Hey, Rocket Gang seems to be going in a nice direction for BestW, I wouldn't call them out yet.
Lelouch Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote