AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-31, 05:52   Link #941
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

does Touma's Imagine Breaker will be unlimits his body range from his right hand to his whole body? i think that is very dangerous...
and his name has its meaning...

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-01-31, 06:24   Link #942
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Oh God- I just realized that almost all shonen heroes have spiky hair. :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
That gives the badass look.
Not the point I was trying to make, but sure why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
does Touma's Imagine Breaker will be unlimits his body range from his right hand to his whole body? i think that is very dangerous...
and his name has its meaning...
For now, there is significantly more meaning to have it limited to only his Right Hand.

Because the symbolism of the [Right Hand] ranks VERY high up in the Toaruverse.
Old 2011-01-31, 20:06   Link #943
Kenta Maebara
It's Kenta Misaka! DAMMI-

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
1) Ichigo isn't that bad, its the plot he's in that screws him over. Now comparing Touma to Naruto is blasphemy.
2) His morals make sense. He is probably one of the most fair shounen heroes ever. He has the right hand but its only useful against magic. If someone with great martial arts skills fought him(kanzaki,tschumikado) he'd definitely lose. Any other shounens win cuz of their superpowers,and flying,and spells,and magic,and saying gay quotes.
3)Protecting enemies?Not exactly, agnese is an ex-enemy. He said this “Next time, if Agnese asks me for help, I should help her. She was coincidentally the bad guy this time. Being a bad guy once doesn’t mean she’ll be a bad guy forever.” Good quote.
4)Spotlight stealer? Not all the time, but he IS the main character.
5)IB and getsuga tenshou are different. IB is MUCH stronger! No not really, though to say it in a way i'll say it like this. Its law is to negate all supernatural powers. That and the explanations for example 2. It has alot of disadvantages.
6)Spiky Hair. So what?
7) He's is oblivious a bit but does have those moments with girls. He aint gay or dislike women. Besides if he had a girlfriend that early in the story the rest of the story would be less awesome. Harems are always funny.
8) power ups? Can't say its a power up but its something that has always been there.
Pretty much sums up Touma. As a plus to being an idealistic human, he's also a practically normal human being (aside from the Imagine Breaker); as fit as any fit teenager, with no "special powers" like flying or whatnot.

Touma's an awesome shounen hero overall. ^_^
Old 2011-01-31, 21:41   Link #944
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta Maebara View Post
Pretty much sums up Touma. As a plus to being an idealistic human, he's also a practically normal human being (aside from the Imagine Breaker); as fit as any fit teenager, with no "special powers" like flying or whatnot.

Touma's an awesome shounen hero overall. ^_^
There's a slight difference when it comes to Touma, I don't feel right just lumping him with the rest of the crowd. I don't blame people when they do because I myself find it hard to explain the reasons given my limited comprehension skills

But I think this sums up my opinion nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
He's idealistic, and expresses his beliefs pronouncedly, but he's neither delusional nor jaded.

His lengthy tirade is medium for him to express his anger over the enemy, but he never actually tries to be a preacher of his own ideals, especially towards his allies.

His characterisation during his normal moments are descriptively average, but it's nice that he's a person who can be honest and gets along well with a lot of people.

He's surprisingly earnest about the strangest things. ( learning English to talk to RCC and God's Right Seat. )

He's simplistic, but not ignorant. He simply chooses to have faith. ( in people, generally. )

He's as relatable as he is unrelatable. There's both the element of Accelerator's hero-worship as well as Touma's own self-acknowledgement of his human limits ( and thus, doing what one can to their best ) in his portrayal as a character to the readers
Old 2011-01-31, 22:41   Link #945
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Yeah, I understand what you mean.

Basically,he is idealistic: He believes that people are good.

However, he also acknowledges that no one is perfect, showing he is not blinded and sees both the good and the bad.

What makes Touma great is actually sorta hard to pin down.

He's not an idiot, but neither is he super intelligent. -relatable

His power is amazing, but also very limited, so he is not gambreaker or super weak

He rises to challenges as best he can, and then wont let go (there is a reason most shounen heroes are deterinators to some degree. Its an admirable trait)

He'll try to do what he can by himself, but neither does he try to take it all on himself if he can help it.

The only time he ever insisted on doing something by himself was when he faced Accelerator alone, for which he had very good reasons. As far as he knew, it would've been pointless if anybody helped.

He is always striving for the best solution, not just for himself, but his enemies too; a lot of which have a rather messed up view of the world.

Weather by contridictory or refusal to aknowldge things, he helps them realize that and find a better way. But the way he does that doesn't come off all that strangely. In your mind, it makes sense.
So when someone asks why i/we admire him this is why.

His speeches. Though people hate that part or get bored of it, if u listen you go"wow he's not really wrong."

Take this as an example, accelerator and touma fight again

Spoiler for why?:

and then

Spoiler for and then:
Old 2011-02-01, 01:53   Link #946
Kenta Maebara
It's Kenta Misaka! DAMMI-

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
So when someone asks why i/we admire him this is why.

His speeches. Though people hate that part or get bored of it, if u listen you go"wow he's not really wrong."

Take this as an example, accelerator and touma fight again

Spoiler for why?:

and then

Spoiler for and then:
I'll never get tired of Touma's speeches. Compared to other shounen heroes (Shounen Jump, I'm looking at you >_<), the way Touma expresses his morals & beliefs are so idealistically true it makes readers want to understand the words he's saying. It's almost as if his words are directed at all the cruelty and "truth" in the real world we all must endure in.
Old 2011-02-01, 03:41   Link #947
eiyuu99

With his words and Right Hand, Touma kills the illusions people cling on.
Old 2011-02-01, 08:04   Link #948
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I'll never get tired of Touma's speeches. Compared to other shounen heroes (Shounen Jump, I'm looking at you >_<), the way Touma expresses his morals & beliefs are so idealistically true it makes readers want to understand the words he's saying. It's almost as if his words are directed at all the cruelty and "truth" in the real world we all must endure in.
Exactly this. Touma's speeches hold more meaning than most to the point that it's refreshing to read after a long day.
Old 2011-02-02, 06:48   Link #949
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

if Touma was on "Virus Code" episode, it is easy to cancelled the multiplying viruses in Misaka 20001's body(was it made by an esper?)

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-02-02, 07:33   Link #950
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
if Touma was on "Virus Code" episode, it is easy to cancelled the multiplying viruses in Misaka 20001's body(was it made by an esper?)
I doubt because it's computer code in LO's brain. Not an Esper thing.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-02-02, 08:49   Link #951
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
With his words and Right Hand, Touma kills the illusions people cling on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Exactly this. Touma's speeches hold more meaning than most to the point that it's refreshing to read after a long day.
Wow, you guys really give him alot of credit huh...

An interesting topic that nobody seems to bring up is that for a 16-17 years old adolescent teenage boy, Touma have a very firm grasp of concept and his beliefs. No matter what his enemy says, they can never confuse or shake him or make him question himself.

How many of you can say that when you're 16?
Old 2011-02-02, 09:23   Link #952
tsunade666

his confused before. When he still had his past memories and when he confronted index life threatening problem. He also run away first but decided to come back and save her. He had doubts but when he lost his memories.

He also loose that part of him and he doesn't have any doubts on who's to save and what to do. He only needs to save the one in front of him even if his enemy is the world itself.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:34   Link #953
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
his confused before. When he still had his past memories and when he confronted index life threatening problem. He also run away first but decided to come back and save her. He had doubts but when he lost his memories.

He also loose that part of him and he doesn't have any doubts on who's to save and what to do. He only needs to save the one in front of him even if his enemy is the world itself.
Yeah, but it still doesn't change my point. In fact it further adds to it- Even after losing his memories he's still very certain of his own beliefs.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:47   Link #954
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow, you guys really give him alot of credit huh...

An interesting topic that nobody seems to bring up is that for a 16-17 years old adolescent teenage boy, Touma have a very firm grasp of concept and his beliefs. No matter what his enemy says, they can never confuse or shake him or make him question himself.

Mostly because he just wants a peaceful, normal life for himself and everyone else including his foes? He doesn't seek anything more.

And his speeches are far more uplifting coupled with that simple illusion killing fist than anything else.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:54   Link #955
tsunade666

and that's the point. After the memory lost. He also lost his doubts. His will and beliefs become iron steel. But his not originally like that. It's like when he lost his past he can only look into the future or his present so he doesn't need to had doubts or time to waver anymore.
Old 2011-02-02, 10:57   Link #956
eiyuu99

Losing his memories means the past has no hold on him and he can only strive for the present and/or the future.
Being misfortunate implies he cannot depend on hope or miracle and results mainly come from his efforts.

It's like a "sink or swim" situation for Touma, since the illusion of hope is non-existent for him. =P
Old 2011-02-02, 12:05   Link #957
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Guys I just realized that if there was some power that "steals" other powers it can't be used to absorb Touma's ability. He will just block it. I think that he's really lucky guy. Think about it. Almost every 10 minutes in the anime in front of him is a naked girl. It's true that after this he's punished , but after all I still think he is not so misfortuned as he always says.
Old 2011-02-02, 12:22   Link #958
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well if you mind typical shounen characters like Sasuke and Naruto... you're right, Touma has very solid beliefs.
Old 2011-02-02, 13:38   Link #959
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well if you mind typical shounen characters like Sasuke and Naruto... you're right, Touma has very solid beliefs.
Yeah , you're right. His beliefs are probably more stronger than any of the Shounen character's beliefs. He has really strong will and sense of justice. But he's not the same Touma from season 1. In the first season he was confused about his past and many other things with it , but in this season he is more confident and more powerful. Maybe because he was confused about his power in the past.
Old 2011-02-02, 17:04   Link #960
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsu026 View Post
Yeah , you're right. His beliefs are probably more stronger than any of the Shounen character's beliefs. He has really strong will and sense of justice. But he's not the same Touma from season 1. In the first season he was confused about his past and many other things with it , but in this season he is more confident and more powerful. Maybe because he was confused about his power in the past.
Is it really justice, or just what he believes in?
Closed Thread