AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-19, 14:09   Link #21
james0246

Why would Luffy participate in a tournament? He is a pirate after all. It would be more in-character for him to wander down to the arena and simply take the fruit and either fight everyone or just leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
And the old man being an admiral undercover is becoming even more heavily hinted at.
LOL, when did this become a thing? It sounds like a cheesy 70's procedural.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-19 at 14:48.
Old 2013-03-19, 14:13   Link #22
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
I totally see Luffy winning that Mera Mera fruit and consuming it.
And exploding (but failing to explode, instead, rubber body expands)
Old 2013-03-19, 14:14   Link #23
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
It's probably been mentioned a number of times, but I really like Luffy's current Muten Roshi look. It kind of fits the tournament situation now as well.
Old 2013-03-19, 14:37   Link #24
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Oh my goodness. Aohige changed his avatar .
I'm upset they keep pushing back the release date for my Reset figure, so I had her eat me.
Old 2013-03-19, 15:17   Link #25
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
And exploding (but failing to explode, instead, rubber body expands)
with the rubber fruit, luffy was still weak to getting cut and skewered
with ace's fire fruit, you can take those 2 weaknesses out and just leave haki
Old 2013-03-19, 15:44   Link #26
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
with the rubber fruit, luffy was still weak to getting cut and skewered
with ace's fire fruit, you can take those 2 weaknesses out and just leave haki
But how will it look?
Molten rubber?
The mera mera fruit negates half of his current abilities (the stretching as offense (gum bazooka/pistol etc) and defensive (projectile rebound)).
It just doesn't really add to his skill set.
Old 2013-03-19, 15:54   Link #27
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
But how will it look?
Molten rubber?
The mera mera fruit negates half of his current abilities (the stretching as offense (gum bazooka/pistol etc) and defensive (projectile rebound)).
It just doesn't really add to his skill set.
Why does it have to melt? maybe he can manipulate the flames in such a way that both the abilities go hand in hand?
Old 2013-03-19, 16:28   Link #28
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Why does it have to melt? maybe he can manipulate the flames in such a way that both the abilities go hand in hand?
I was just stating a possibility since fire (high heat) melts rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It doesn't really negate the abilities, it just makes them useless. He doesn't need to be rubber to stretch; the Logia power alone can do this just fine.

Though there could still be the possibility, that by combining two fruits it would result in a new completely different power.
You're forgetting the properties of rubber. It boosts his attack power and striking speed.

Of course anything is possible, but that's hardly an argument. The only dual fruit user is Blackbeard thus until more pop up his way is the only confirmed way. So I think we should only speculate with the facts we know to keep the discussion sensible.
Old 2013-03-19, 16:34   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Luffy already has Red Hawk...getting the fire fruit's powers doesn't seem likely or else this technique would lose its specialness.

That said...the fanboy in my would love it if he did get the mera mera powers xD
Old 2013-03-19, 16:42   Link #30
marvelB

I still don't see any of the Straw-Hats eating the mera mera fruit, nor do I see any reason for them to take it for themselves (at least, aside from the ones I listed a couple threads back). But enough of that for now....

Anyway, something I found interesting is that the announcer guy at the tournament still referred to Doflamingo as the king, rather than former king. That further leads me to believe that Mingo fabricated the news of giving up his positions. As far as the sword thief goes, while I said earlier that he could be one of Dofla's goons, I could also see him being the other Wano samurai.

Oh, and lol at Caribou's resemblance to the rebel leader in the ministory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
@Marvel
I didn't translate the spoiler, that spoiler is simply mine.
Most of the spoilers recently has been me reading the manga and actually making a summary instead of translating someone else's

Well, you still used the raw chapter as the source for your summary, so I think that sorta kinda still counts as a translation..... maybe? But I'll make sure to correct that in future threads, anyway.
Old 2013-03-19, 16:55   Link #31
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Hmm I wonder if Blackbeard or someone from his crew will come to claim the Mera Mera fruit, if they're still looking to collect all the strongest fruits it wouldn't be too far fetched. Could you just imagine Blackbeard getting his hands on it in front of Luffy, now that I would love to see.
Old 2013-03-19, 17:04   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as the sword thief goes, while I said earlier that he could be one of Dofla's goons, I could also see him being the other Wano samurai.
Or fairies really do exist!
Old 2013-03-19, 17:22   Link #33
marvelB

^If so, then that "fairy" didn't do a very good job of hiding that sword!

BTW, I find it interesting that "Zatoichi" didn't want to tell Luffy who he really was. I guess that means if he IS Fujitora, then he's probably more on the neutral side like Aokiji (since he didn't attempt to take down Luffy).....
Old 2013-03-19, 18:07   Link #34
Rainbowman

A tournament arc huh? The only highlight from this would be the participating fighters whoever they are.
Old 2013-03-19, 18:26   Link #35
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Blind guy has the scars of your typical swordsmen, so are we getting the classic blind swordsman... Regardless, he is either one of those legendary missing pirates, or high level marine officers.

And I am guessing the thief is also heading towards the coliseum, allowing Zoro and the band joining the tournament accidentally. And with no big names on that list, I hope the participants do not include Luffy. And Zoro vs. the Samurai would be a great finale, for the tournament.
Old 2013-03-19, 18:35   Link #36
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Suddenly...Luffy vs Zoro in the coliseum

I kid, I kid xD
Old 2013-03-19, 18:58   Link #37
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 702
That is a good chapter. Tournament should be fun to watch. So thats why Oda put Robbin on the transfer team, the blind man would have been called out in a heart beat. It makes sense for all the other idiots(Strike Team) to not know who the mysterious man is. Looking at all these puppets, I wonder if Daflamingo is controlling any of them? Makes you wonder if he was the first puppet who met the strike team(Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Kinemon, and Franky) on Dressrosa. The fight for the Mera Mera No Mi just got better. Colosseum fighting area looks to small to handle a huge fight, especially if the straw hats getting into it.

Invisible to the majority, but noticeable to some
How can a powerful people like the Blind Swordsman truly ever be undercover if power houses can detect their strong presence? During the time skip training, Rayleigh was able to gauge power levels, detect number of creatures, and their presence. Can Daflamingo or any of his goons detect blind mans power presence at the colosseum?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-03-19 at 19:14.
Old 2013-03-19, 19:55   Link #38
Best_name_ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
It does seem like the strawhats are yet again split.
So it's the Zoro/Sanji/Kinemon group
and the Luffy/Franky group.

It's a bit lame though that someone like Zoro got his sword stolen.
This however does provide a chance for Zoro's group to end up in the arena (the contestants being all swordsmen, one might even be the sword thief) and Zoro being handicapped with having just 2 swords (again he's handicapped).
Zoro might even face off against the still mysterious blind dude. All the while Sanji can go undercover.

Personally I hope Luffy get's pissed because the surprise is not special meat but ace's DF and heads in the opposite direction. Having him matched with Franky who's just as unpredictable it can really go either way.
Actually its supposed to be gladiators - classical MP error.
Old 2013-03-19, 20:11   Link #39
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Invisible to the majority, but noticeable to some
How can a powerful people like the Blind Swordsman truly ever be undercover if power houses can detect their strong presence? During the time skip training, Rayleigh was able to gauge power levels, detect number of creatures, and their presence. Can Daflamingo or any of his goons detect blind mans power presence at the colosseum?
We have already seen that just like they can sense it, they can also hide it. Animals don't have a reason to hide their presence, and they may not even be capable of it, so they are different than humans. And, even though close to the headquarters, Rayleigh was able to hide his presence successfully for years.

And even though we may not use is as an indicator (cause his opponent was not one of the strongest), Zoro was able to do something similar in his last fight. He showed his true colors at the end, after hiding his true strength earlier.
Old 2013-03-19, 20:50   Link #40
Best_name_ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I still don't see any of the Straw-Hats eating the mera mera fruit, nor do I see any reason for them to take it for themselves (at least, aside from the ones I listed a couple threads back). But enough of that for now....

Anyway, something I found interesting is that the announcer guy at the tournament still referred to Doflamingo as the king, rather than former king. That further leads me to believe that Mingo fabricated the news of giving up his positions. As far as the sword thief goes, while I said earlier that he could be one of Dofla's goons, I could also see him being the other Wano samurai.

Oh, and lol at Caribou's resemblance to the rebel leader in the ministory.

Well, you still used the raw chapter as the source for your summary, so I think that sorta kinda still counts as a translation..... maybe? But I'll make sure to correct that in future threads, anyway.
Not necessarily (about Joker's status). I mean, just because he quit the shichibukai, it doesn't he still doesn't have authority in Dressrosa. Will see but regardless, Joker is still feared and respected in Dressrosa, that's for sure.

I agree though about the straw-hats crew not eating the mera mera fruit because I'm willing to say it is a safe bet that none of the current non DF-user crew members are going to become fruit users. It is unnecessary, and actually does a disservice to their individual character development that they have worked hard to get this strong without relying on a fruit's power.

Quote:
Oh my goodness. Aohige changed his avatar .

As for the chapter itself, I'm intrigued as to where the plot is going. I'm stoked for this tournament, as it's the first time One Piece has done a real tournament arc. It's pretty much a staple for shounen comics. And the old man being an admiral undercover is becoming even more heavily hinted at. It's better that people don't cause a commotion over someone so prestigious, so as not to attract any unwanted attention.
But it would be even better if Oda creates a "New World" tournament with all the new world characters in it. But sadly that would probably happen in a video game only. OR a war....wish there was war now!!!(sarcasm)

Anyhow, to all bloggers and members of this forum!!!!!!!!!

Who is willing to bet on who is gonna get the mera-mera-fruit or NOT get the mera-mera-fruit?

PRIZE: well, no need for one (lol) (or come up with one)

My guess would probably be either no one or momo (just a guess) cuz he only ate a SMILE fruit and nothing more.

Anyhow, a fast paced chapter if you ask me. I'm pretty sure that old man with the scar (who apparently might have a gravitational devil fruit power) is an admiral but we will see.

The purpose of this tournament that Doflamingo ordered Diamante to set up seems to be in order to distract the strawhats crew and law perhaps from their real objective or at the very least delay them and give himself (Joker) more time to orchestrate his true plan (don't know what it is).

Someone here in this forum I believe mentioned about Joker hiding his factory (underground) underneath the Corrida Colosseum since "its obvious place to see but not to suspect" if you what I mean. Again, will see since its hard to guess in One Piece when its Oda writing it.

Hope that there is more content next chapter.

Last note for now...anyone noticed the front cover page of the chapter.

Caribou the revolutionist commander of gabulhas has returned. A Che Guevara theme if you ask me. lol.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-19 at 21:24. Reason: double post...
Closed Thread