AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 23:04   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

High School DxD - Character Discussion - Rias Gremory

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Rias Gremory related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all High School DxD fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 19:31   Link #2
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would like to remind everyone that this is a discussion thread not a chat room. If you can't discuss the character in question without resorting to inane one liners, then don't post. Any further such inane posts will be deleted on sight with warnings and infractions given to those that don't get the hint.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-07-06 at 19:42.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 01:13   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm not much of a Rias fan, so probably that's why I kind of fail at seeing her special qualities. Aside for her gigantic errrr... physical attributes, what makes her fans pull for her is what I have trouble understanding. Anyone care enlighten me without going into specific spoiler?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 02:53   Link #4
Chris38

Well, the thing that made me "like" Rias, is her "tolerant" nature ... that despite her "position", she doesn't prevent the other girls from building romantic relationship's with Ise.

Another thing that made me "like" her, is how she can more or less, tolerate all the outrageous things, that happen around her, since she made Ise into her servant.

And the last thing that made me "pull" for Rias is her doting nature toward her "servants" and how she's "angry" when someone does something bad to them.

And I think that, those are the main points that made me a fan of Rias.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:26   Link #5
Haiprbim
Banned

I really like her feelings towards others, they are not as sadistic as Akeno-chans.
Not to mention the beauty.
Seriously, one character worth risking your arm for IMHO, if you know what I mean.

... Or that's how many think.
I'm still a bigger Akeno fan.

Okay, this post was quite psychological... or not?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:51   Link #6
slidingk1

Choosing between Akeno and Rias is like choosing bettween food or water. You need both to live. Good thing there's an understanding between the two . Although I seriously suspect how "truly" continental Rias will be at the end of they day.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 05:10   Link #7
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm not much of a Rias fan, so probably that's why I kind of fail at seeing her special qualities. Aside for her gigantic errrr... physical attributes, what makes her fans pull for her is what I have trouble understanding. Anyone care enlighten me without going into specific spoiler?
Her decisions as a leader I suppose. She does a fair job being the main female character but you'll most likely love the other girls more who are yet to show up this season. They are pretty fun characters to say the least. Now I just hope LN readers don't pretend to be newbies and expand on what I said and leave it at that.
Old 2013-07-07, 06:19   Link #8
n0m@n
C-Z

Probably the reason I prefer her over other character is because she's the opposite of those standard-type heroines.
I remember at one-point, a tsundere with loli appearance was quite often used as a heroine. So having a heroine that doesnt have either of those criteria(Tsundere or loli appearance) was good. Well, its also because she wasnt voiced by Kugimiya Rie who always had a role to voice tsundere flat chest heroines.
Old 2013-07-08, 03:20   Link #9
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Rias has the qualities of a heroine, and by that I mean heroine as in a hero type character. Heroes do have flaws, but overall, Rias doesn't come off as a flawed character. She's almost perfect in many aspects. Loyal, dignified, intelligent, strong, motivated, caring for others, NOT a bitch, are just some qualities you can attribute to her. And the best part - if she were your girlfriend, she'd probably the world's best girlfriend.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 12:45   Link #10
dmaxzero

That she is not b!tchy, that she is not inside the typical and overused stereotypes. She somehow, at least to me, feels very fresh to watch.
Of course, Akeno is my queen in all this mess.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 22:51   Link #11
DrakeKnight

Not only is she rich, smart, good looking, strong(in magic) and she nobility to boot.
Ever those she has high social standing, she can cook, clean and she can sexual attack you too.

Best girlfriend / wife any guy can get!
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 17:51   Link #12
Evil Loli

Rias is interesting a little, but in heart she is not evil, she want peace, thats why I like her only how a cute girl =_=
Evil Loli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters