AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 13 17.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 28.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 10.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-03, 08:09   Link #81
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I like the new OP. It looks like a lot of people will be involve in this new arc.
There were a lot of funny moments in this episode.
Mikoto's reaction everytime Saten mentions about the homemade cookies.
Kuroko with Kongou at the Pet Store and later buying that Turtle meal.
But the funniest of them all was Frenda and Kuroko's fight where they were dissing each other over whether Mugino or Mikoto was better. Those two have so much in common lol.
Old 2013-08-03, 08:12   Link #82
R.LocK
My turn

An enjoyable episode. Not outstanding, but good enough to put an end to Sisters' Arc.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 08:32   Link #83
elior

well by what they say in episode 18 preview it seems this will be the episode where we will meet the new girl and the filler arc will begin
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 08:33   Link #84
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

well at least we got some SS2 foreshadowing, which is what i hoped for. now would be the perfect time to implement those short stories and maybe mix mikoto into them.
still crossing my fingers for gunha
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 08:47   Link #85
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Whilst it was nice to see more Saten, the episode itself ended being up more or less average. Other than Uiharu being curiously evasive on the subject of Harue and Misaka having to come to terms with her Sisters' life spans, I couldn't find much else worth noting. I didn't think much of Misaka meeting ITEM in that restaurant. In fact I thought it was kinda lame how they tried to force such a situation on characters that were unapologetically nearly trying to killing each other a few episodes ago. And to be honest I don't think the show needs to constantly hammer us on how much the characters are glad everything is back to normal.

The next episode preview was definitely eyebrow raising though...

[EDIT]

Oh wait, it's just a freaking 22 minute preview. And here I thought it was going to be an interesting prequel to the film. Well since I want to watch the damn film in full, I guess all that really means is that I have to wait two weeks for the next real episode. Fuck.

Last edited by Haak; 2013-08-03 at 08:58.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:18   Link #86
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was a nice ending to the arc. I just remembered that I like slice of life apparently as much as shonen

10/10. It was a great episode. I liked all of it. This was nice to see. Actually, this felt better done than most of the rest of the season where everything was too rushed. I'm not dissing the storyline content from earlier, I'm dissing the fact that flashbacks were used to fill in transitions between scenes. This felt a lot more natural and enjoyable to watch.

The ending song got a lot better with lyrics as did the opening. I'm definitely watching the rest of the season. This is going to be great. I'm happy all aspects of Railgun S seem to appeal to me

IMO: they should have made the Sisters arc twice as long... or at least 26 eps... if they wanted to make it feel not rushed as it was. So that's why I appreciate this again. I know people complained about how the sisters arc was so long, but it actually really wasn't. Basically J.C. staff almost only reused scenes and added very little original material, so even though it was better because it's an anime they squandered a lot of potential they could have newly added. This is why I hope they make the most of this anime-original arc to tell a good story that is complete and not rushed. I have high hopes after seeing the opening and the ending. It seems like they'll be patching up their relationship. It's a nice ending.

BTW: I felt there were a few non-rushed episodes during the sisters arc. They were the ones I mainly liked, but even the Accelerator fight was too short in my opinion. The bridge and ITEM arc were the only episodes that actually truly satisfied me. Episode 5 similarly... everything else... was too short with no original content which I had been looking forward to the most... They just used excellent music and graphics to make up for it, but it certainly had more potential even though I was satisfied with what they did.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:29   Link #87
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Wow, that scene at the restaurant with ITEM was hilarious. Wasn't expecting that at all. Also, it was nice seeing more Saten the band getting back together.

Endless "Turtle blood" Soul
Old 2013-08-03, 09:31   Link #88
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Well this had a leg up on the Railgun 1s slice of life by actually being funny slice of life. I never got why people enjoyed the slice of life in Railgun 1, it was really just watching middle school girls do stuff. This was at least something I can laugh at. 7/10

The ITEM scene was funny but... it was really weird to have Mugino not attack Misaka.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-05 at 20:54. Reason: remove spoiler hint
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:42   Link #89
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I didn't think much of Misaka meeting ITEM in that restaurant. In fact I thought it was kinda lame how they tried to force such a situation on characters that were unapologetically nearly trying to killing each other a few episodes ago. And to be honest I don't think the show needs to constantly hammer us on how much the characters are glad everything is back to normal.
meh, i think it works well with Frenda and Kuroko, as with Mugino and Misaka i think it's supposed to show Muginos/Darksides conduit. besides, the fight was nothing personal, although Mugino may feel like she lost (which is very bad news) i think she feels it wasn't her fault or Misakas.
but the main reason i like this scene is the comparison it draws with Mugino's relationship with Frenda. and i agree with the last part, then again anime adaptions are notorious for the lack of subtlety.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-05 at 20:54. Reason: removed spoiler tangent
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:43   Link #90
hamazura
whatever

just watch it...
fre nda vs kuroko so fvking hilarous, i cant stop laughing at that part
and mugino fanservice, boobs grab, and her hobby is buying sexy lingerie? imagine imagine imagine

other than that skip skip skip, just fvkin sol like railgun 1...
Old 2013-08-03, 09:43   Link #91
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Boring. I thought that with the new director they would have been able to make even fillers interesting, but I nearly fell asleep. Meh.

When is Index 3 starting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Well this had a leg up on the Railgun 1s slice of life by actually being funny slice of life. I never got why people enjoyed the slice of life in Railgun 1, it was really just watching middle school girls do stuff. This was at least something I can laugh at. 7/10

The ITEM scene was funny but... it was really weird to have Mugino not attack Misaka. I can't get into details here because of spoilers but lets just say that Mugino does not take losing well.
I think it's because it was just business, and now she's not getting paid to kill Misaka. And because she didn't lose because of her own shortcomings, but because of Frenda's mistake, so I doubt she actually considers that a real loss.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-05 at 20:55. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:50   Link #92
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I think it's because it was just business, and now she's not getting paid to kill Misaka. And because she didn't lose because of her own shortcomings, but because of Frenda's mistake, so I doubt she actually considers that a real loss.
No that would be the rational thing to think. Mugino.... well she's crazy.

On a side note I like the OP much more then the last one.
Old 2013-08-03, 09:58   Link #93
hamazura
whatever

ah and dat misaka tsundere with saten so much similar with doujin mikotoreito and mikotoreito okaeshi :3
Old 2013-08-03, 10:01   Link #94
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
ah and dat misaka tsundere with saten so much similar with doujin mikotoreito and mikotoreito okaeshi :3
Wait what?????
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:12   Link #95
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Kongou brought Kuroko to the pet store was priceless. Then, Kuroko got the idea of a turtle for the hot pot, and I wasn't too surprised that she really bought a turtle meat. Boy, I'm sure that hot pot with all those beef taste awesome.

Hmm... I wonder how the turtle meat and turtle blood taste like?

Still, nothing is amusing other than the Frenda vs Kuroko part. Derps.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:29   Link #96
Arararagi-Senpai

Well this episode was okay I guess. Nothing really happened in terms of plot aside from the fact that Misaka learned that the Sisters have short life-spans, though this is a filler episode :/

The highlight was Frenda vs Kuroko, though I have to ask why Mugino isn't trying to kill Misaka. The flashback with Saten and Misaka was also amusing.

Overall 7/10, nothing special.

That preview has me intruded though...
Arararagi-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 10:53   Link #97
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Haven't watched the ep (I'm obtaining it atm) but I must say the new OP sucks ass.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 11:01   Link #98
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

They did seem to improve the comedy since I did laugh a bit. But the rest really didn't catch my interest at all. And yeah, the Mugino scene, omake or not just didn't sit right with me.

I don't like the ED as much as I thought either which is a little disappointing since Polaris showed some potential from Meigo Arisa.

Was mostly excited when the preview for Endymion came up.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 12:14   Link #99
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I cared more about the preview than the actual ep itself.
Word.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 12:22   Link #100
Draco Spirit

7/10

Not too bad really. Weaker than the Sister arc, but it works well as a breather episode and was fairly funny.

Also is it me or does Kuroko always seem to lose her sense of professionalism around Mikoto?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote