AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-04-29, 15:43   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Utawarerumono Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, OSTs, etc.)

Thread dedicated to Utawarerumono related merchandise - including...

Art books, figurines, games, manga, bath towels, plushie tigers, CDs, OSTs, DVDs etc., or if you know where you can find such items, then please post here.

For music related items, please check the following sites
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.animenation.com
http://www.yesasia.com

If you can read Japanese, then you can also try:
http://www.amazon.co.jp

Please note that this thread is for official merchandise only, no bootlegs or cheap illegal imitations!
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 16:57   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Augest is the month for the release for the very detailed Utwarerumono Trading figures, i'm sure i won't be the only one that'll get a few of these.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYTF-01
Old 2006-04-29, 17:04   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Wow, those are very nice!

Old 2006-04-29, 17:13   Link #4
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Wow, those are very nice!

Whoa...those are sweet!! Looks like I'll be burning another hole in my credit card soon.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 17:23   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Trading Figures aren't usually that detailed, they're really gone out on this bunch.
Old 2006-04-29, 18:00   Link #6
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

This figures come fully painted and assembled* right?

*dont know if this is the right term to use here.
Old 2006-04-29, 18:37   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aieeeeee.... there went my next vacation fund....
edit:.... is this for UPCOMING august or last august?? its not listed in "future releases" and is noted as "not available" and "august restock"

This puppy is probably long gone and you'll have to hunt up ebay for it.... <long wracking sobs> ....

editedit: it *looks* like they're reactivating this line (originally released in 2003) so I've pre-ordered it and asked them to clarify if they mean 2006 for the restock. If so, this would be very cool. (do I sound hormonal? figurine hunting is a scary addiction)

@Daniel: yeah.... every trading figure pack I've come across has been "fully ready for action" - and some of them have been really amazing detailed (Tsukuyomi and Shuffle!). The shops are usually careful to call unpainted/unassembled items "kits".

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-04-30 at 03:40.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 06:12   Link #8
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
editedit: it *looks* like they're reactivating this line (originally released in 2003) so I've pre-ordered it and asked them to clarify if they mean 2006 for the restock. If so, this would be very cool. (do I sound hormonal? figurine hunting is a scary addiction)
Yeah, I can't see them having 'preorder by May 15th' there if it wasn't due for a rerelease this year - they wouldn't have left that on for the best part of 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
This figures come fully painted and assembled* right?
*dont know if this is the right term to use here.
So says the site:
Product Overview: This item is a series of gashapon (capsule toys) or trading figures depicting characters or people. It does not require either cement or paint to complete or use.

So you won't need to paint them. However, you may have to clip them together. I think quite a lot come fully assembled (yeah, I'd say that was the right word), but then again some don't (some more examples courtesy of Moyism - 2 3 4 Some of 3's are fully assembled, but the majority seem to be put-together. Can't help but wonder whether they fall apart fairly easily.

I've always managed to resist buying any of these things (not too fussed on spending ~£40 on some figures that'll sit and do nothing collecting dust in the corner) but those are so tempting But I fear if I buy them it'll start a slippery slope towards financial ruin

[Edit]Excellent, I thought so... seen as they've been out once before, there are loads of pictures available of the figures. Haven't found out whether they involve assembly yet though, but here are the pics if anyone wants to see them (click links from this wonderful little site) If I've got any of the names wrong, please let me know.

Hakuoro (ハクオロ):

Kamyu (カミュ):

Urutori (ウルトリィ):

Touka (トウカ):

Eruruw (エルルゥ):

Aruruw (アルルゥ):

Yuzuha (ユズハ):

Various Unpainted (キャラクター象牙色 版):

Those various unpainted figures worry me somewhat (if you get 12 in a box, and have a chance of getting those then all of a sudden you're EXTREMELY unlikely to get all of them in one set I just wanted the painted ones dammit)

Last edited by Varion; 2006-04-30 at 06:55.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 10:14   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for those images Valdra - its good to see how well they look upclose.
Old 2006-04-30, 10:54   Link #10
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
@Daniel: yeah.... every trading figure pack I've come across has been "fully ready for action" - and some of them have been really amazing detailed (Tsukuyomi and Shuffle!). The shops are usually careful to call unpainted/unassembled items "kits".
I see...

The reason I ask is because a friend once ordered a Final Fantasy figure and the damn thing actually came unpainted & unassembled.

I must admit however, that we never took the time to properly check the info on the site, so we/he could have ordered a 'kit' without knowing what it actually was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
So you won't need to paint them. However, you may have to clip them together. I think quite a lot come fully assembled (yeah, I'd say that was the right word), but then again some don't (some more examples courtesy of Moyism - 2 3 4 Some of 3's are fully assembled, but the majority seem to be put-together. Can't help but wonder whether they fall apart fairly easily.
Now this is something important. Guess the only way to be 100% sure is to see the figure/model up close in a store.
Old 2006-04-30, 11:11   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Those various unpainted figures worry me somewhat (if you get 12 in a box, and have a chance of getting those then all of a sudden you're EXTREMELY unlikely to get all of them in one set I just wanted the painted ones dammit)
I'm not sure those are actually "unpainted" myself. They look like they have a red wash applied, which leads me to thinking that they are a "special" rare version (for want of a better word). I have no idea if they are rare or not but I'm sure that including a different version such as this will create a higher overall manufacturing cost so the only reason I can see them doing it is to make people want both version (therefore create a higher demand and higher sales).

This also ties in with the fact they say "It does not require either cement or paint to complete or use."

The above could also hold true to actual unpainted versions and those made of transparent plastic (as shown in some of the other pictures from different model series). To the model collectors, they would want to try and obtain all the versions of all the figures.
Old 2006-04-30, 11:20   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I want Errur plushie that squeeks when you stroke her tail
Old 2006-04-30, 12:34   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The trading kits I have of Tsukuyomi, Shuffle!, and Negima came painted but required some part-sticking-together. They all stick together reasonably well though I might see gluing one or two of them in the future. I'll photo a couple of them just to show how much detail one might get in this size figure. Its really kind of remarkable.
Old 2006-04-30, 12:38   Link #14
Varion
殲滅天使

Daniel E. - Know any stores that let you see them up close? xD

xris - Hm, on closer inspection it looks like you're right. Would make sense too seen as as far as I know Japanese people mostly get the figures individually rather than in boxes of 12. Maybe I should order 2 boxes (not).

Xellos - You would
Old 2006-04-30, 13:29   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Daniel E. - Know any stores that let you see them up close? xD
Yes, some places in my city that carry this sort of thing have an open box as a 'sample' of sorts. They tend to use the figures or models to decorate the shop, giving anyone that visits an easy chance to check every little detail up close.

Still, this places are kinda small and I am pretty sure they lack a website; Comic Castle probably being the only exception around here.
Old 2006-04-30, 18:16   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Im happy i won't be the only one planning to order the figures - i can't see anyone entering my room with Hakuoro on guard. ^^
Old 2006-04-30, 22:16   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@valdra: so far, every trading figure packs I've ordered have been "complete" (all figures at least once, most doubled). I figure I'll sell the extras later on ebay or trade with someone. (packs ordered so far with good results: shuffle! (all five main girls twice), Tsukuyomi (Hazuki in all her eyecatch outfits twice), Negima (all characters available twice), shuffle! half figures (four girls twice, kind of disappointed by "half figure" as wasn't very obvious).

I've yet to order a pack and end up missing any figure.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-04-30 at 22:30.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 22:31   Link #18
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
@valdra: so far, every trading figure packs I've ordered have been "complete" (all figures at least once, most doubled). I figure I'll sell the extras later on ebay or trade with someone.

Huh, I almost always get mine individualy done, but then I get mine at yearly anime conventions, not online.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 08:58   Link #19
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
@valdra: so far, every trading figure packs I've ordered have been "complete" (all figures at least once, most doubled). I figure I'll sell the extras later on ebay or trade with someone. (packs ordered so far with good results: shuffle! (all five main girls twice), Tsukuyomi (Hazuki in all her eyecatch outfits twice), Negima (all characters available twice), shuffle! half figures (four girls twice, kind of disappointed by "half figure" as wasn't very obvious).

Really? That's encouraging then Judging by that I'd imagine the red wash ones are rarer versions then, maybe in each box you're likely to get all 7, then some of those along with doubles. I remember reading that 2 of the anime bloggers got *exactly* the same figures one time with a Fate/Stay Night set, I wonder... that set also had clear versions along with the main figures, and I have to admit, the red wash versions look muuch better than clear ones.

Quote:
i can't see anyone entering my room with Hakuoro on guard. ^^
If I had some way to attach him to the door I'd try that Or have him hang precariously from a piece of string attached to the ceiling.
Old 2006-05-01, 09:14   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Or have him hang precariously from a piece of string attached to the ceiling.
I could never do that to Hakuoro.. i'm sure he wouldn't be to happy with you thinking that. ^^;