AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-13, 02:33   Link #2581
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Didn't you post that link only a few pages ago?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 09:27   Link #2582
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, I'm acting like his Paper was pretty pathetic. It's not about time, it's about distance.
But it is about time. Aura disappears after a certain amount of time when separated from the body, unless you're an emitter, well practiced in emission or have set up specific restrictions to boost your nen (like Genthru who is a conjurer, but through setting up restrictions can stick his Countdown on other people far away from him for long periods of time).

In Gon's case, he has going for him that he is an enhancer, which means that A: he is good at enhancing the ball, and B: emission is only one step away from him. But even more importantly, he doesn't need to keep his nen on the ball for long. It just has to stick on long enough to hit Razor. Now even a normal ball at that distance will hit in, what, a second tops if you throw it slowly? At the speed Gon will have been shooting it, it wouldn't nearly be as long.

The ball will have simply hit long before the aura could disappear.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 12:38   Link #2583
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
The ball only needed a tiny percent of Gon's aura to keep it from being destroyed while at the same time launch it at incredible speed.
I don't really see how that's true. In order to defend against an attack you need a defensive aura comparable to the strength of the attack aura. Why wouldn't that same logic apply to a ball defending itself from a huge hit?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 13:29   Link #2584
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I don't really see how that's true. In order to defend against an attack you need a defensive aura comparable to the strength of the attack aura. Why wouldn't that same logic apply to a ball defending itself from a huge hit?
It depends on the object really. Gon's "rock" hitting a resistant object like a wall or an opponent would surely do a huge amount of damage. But against a smaller, lighter object, like a rubber ball, most of the energy would be spent launching it forward. Whatever the case, the amount of nen used was enough to keep the ball intact and most of the nen did not really reach Razor.

Had Gon been an emitter he would have been able to keep most of the aura on the ball, and Razor would be dead.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 20:08   Link #2585
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Which is why I'm saying the aura sort of "snapped" to the ball. Not sure how else to describe it. And again, physics don't necessarily apply. A ball does not give a lot of resistance, so it does not break easily. And of course the ball doesn't hit with the exact same force as a direct hit from Gon's fist, but that's not really the issue here.

And of course, why are people questioning it anyway? I mean, we clearly see what happened. Gon used rock, ball went flying, ball is all glowy. So clearly it's happening, so clearly it's possible.
Old 2013-03-13, 21:33   Link #2586
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's a delicious irony to the fact that two pages have been spent arguing over the physics of imparting Nen to a dodgeball when the entire concept of Greed Island is more or less based on teleportation...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 05:02   Link #2587
ookamigirl

Episode 71

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 06:35   Link #2588
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think seeking "total victory" is out of character for him at all. Especially if it's gotten by tricking the opponent.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 07:07   Link #2589
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think in its way, that was Hisoka showing his respect for Gon's fighting spirit. Gon had literally driven himself to unconsciousness by giving everything he had, and Killua was too wounded to offer any kind of attack. I think Hisoka wanted to give Gon the kind of victory he knew Gon wanted.
Old 2013-03-17, 07:18   Link #2590
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

For Hisoka it seems it's all about which ever way the winds of fun are blowing. At that moment it seemed fun to grant Gon that all out victory, I think because Gon had fired up Hisoka with his 100% punch.
Old 2013-03-17, 07:54   Link #2591
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's no doubt that Hisoka is all about self-gratification, and his only real enemy is boredom - everyone else is either a rival or (mostly) irrelevant. But I don't think it's strictly an "as of this moment" thing with Gon (and to a lesser extent Killua) - I think Hisoka has developed a genuine interest in and even affection there. There seems to be a sort of code between them, a set of ground rules that Hisoka seems willing to play by - and I think he genuinely respects Gon for his pure martial spirit.
Old 2013-03-17, 13:45   Link #2592
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
When I tend to think about Bungee Gum, it seems like such a stupid move; a strand that can stick to things and contract or expand. It's certainly fairly simplistic. Still, it's amazing how versatile his Nen ability really is. I mean, I knew the Spiders were even weary of it, but every time I see it, I'm reminded that Hisoka's Bungee Gum is nothing to sneeze at.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 14:14   Link #2593
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Bungee Gum is highly adaptable to any situation for sure but the reason it's most deadly for hisoka is that it requires little to no restrictions. He came up with a great idea for his hatsu without having to bind it with stingy or inconvenient rules (at least from what we know).

It's pretty much only perfect for Hisoka because he is who he is but it's one of the more well constructed hatsu's in HxH.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:35   Link #2594
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's one of the things why nen abilities have to be tailored to the person. Hisoka is extremely deadly despite having one of the most basic abilities. Why? Because the ability is perfect for him.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:43   Link #2595
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice combo to catch the ball. Razor and Bisuke complimenting Killua, just show how much of a talent he is again. Gon not getting hit with the ball because he was unconscious was either lucky or well played. Kind of surprised Hisoka helped out and deflected it back in the end. Lol even Razor calls Ging insane. Gon's usual outburst could have cost him again, but lucked out. Good thing Tsezugera pointed it out to him. Well now just have to make a plan. So the spider have found their man now.
Old 2013-03-17, 19:03   Link #2596
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

All I know is it's a good thing Tsezguerra is enough of a man not to have his pride so wounded by being bested by two little kids that he can't do the smart thing. He's a top-ranked Hunter but he realizes only Team Gon has a chance against Genthru, and makes a plan based on that. Clearly his greatest strength is not his Nen ability, but his strategic and analytical sense.
Old 2013-03-17, 23:11   Link #2597
ChainLegacy
廉頗

What a great show. I'm really happy they brought it back to the air once more. It's just so fun to watch. Great to see Hisoka showing his wild-card big brother affection for Gon too. I think he's a really unique character; he doesn't fit neatly into any cliche I can think of... I am also really looking forward to the upcoming battle with the bombers! Ready to see Gon kick some bomber ass.

Not to get too power levelly, but I was curious when watching this who would win in an actual battle, Hisoka or Razor... Would like to see that.

I was just reading that the Miss Universe Japan winner said Leorio from Hunter x Hunter is "her type"... Pretty strange and funny. I'm sure she's got quite a following now with those words.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 02:39   Link #2598
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To be fair, Leorio is quite charming.

As for Tsezguerra, he is just genre savvy. He knows he is in a shonen anime and because of that he won't stand a chance cos he too old.

I am unsure who would win in a real fight between Hisoka and Razor. Both are ridiculously strong, and both have very basic nen abilities that they can wield quite well.

I'm leaning towards Hisoka though, because of how unpredictable he is. For this same reason it's ok to be surprised by his actions, but it's not out of character for him. Nothing is out of character for him.
Old 2013-03-18, 02:44   Link #2599
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Razor looks much stronger, but it's not really just about strength.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 07:02   Link #2600
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
OMG is that reincarnated Cell????
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen